Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum (84712 Views)

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by executive12: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
Greatdand007:

Same happen to me on the first of this year i was credit with 500,000 Maura I waited 3 days and no response I had to withdraw and spend it and till now nobody has contact me about missing money

Just make sure you have 500,000 because you will still pay back as soon as they discover the mistake.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Chicky34: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ma reri, ma she transfer, ranju

Nairalandhotboy:
grin in 2018 I got credited 55k from nowhere. I withdrew it immediately and kept the money in another account. After few months and no show. I spent it abeg. I still dey street that time. Till today nothing.

I no talk say make u do like me o. But Kala
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Alark(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ezepresido:
Good day all, I have handsome reward for anyone that can provide us with the office address of Sokoloan. Its online loan platform. We have a pending case against them. But we need their office address or the address of anyone that works in the firm.

Thanks [color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Plot 9, Acme Road, Agidingbi

Ikeja, Lagos

This is their office address bro
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by deebrain(m): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
Go to your bank and report.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by KelvinC1(m): 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
During GOODLUCK JONATHAN regim, I recieved 715k inside my account, I was in school then, 200L and we were coming back from where we went to watch Shiloh then in the Hostel.. I showed a girl sitting close to me, why will my bank charge me 715 naira na, for what, sms alert or what, she look closely and told me inside the bus we were sitting, she said, ADOYI, this is 715k not 715 naira o..

Omo my eyes open waaaaa
Different thoughts and thinking, this is almost close to 1M o..she said, do I know the sender I said no, she then said, don't report 1st, wait for whosoever made that mistake to report 1st but don't touch the Money..

That night I no fit sleep o.. I just d think like say na DANGOTE I come be overnight. After 2 days no call nothing.. after 1 week, I told one of my IDOMA guy that works in the bank, he said, I shouldn't report, I should wait for the person who did that mistake to report 1st then the bank will call me..

He also said, If am in a hurry to report, in most cases the manager will eat that money if the owner never show up to report he made a wrong transfer, that it could be all this POLITICIANS or Yahoo boy who want to send someone money and mistakenly send to your account and they felt it's nothing to them and won't go to report..
From 2nd semester 200L till 300L 2nd semester, no call no report.. I transferred the money from that my account to another of my account..

300L second semester, I met an IDOMA man, told him I want to buy a Land, he helped me, we secured a Land in Jos for 580K with all the relevant papers and documents, so that if they later call me to return the money, I can sell the land and make gain.. the man is still farming on that land till today.. the remaining 135k, I kept it to be paying school fees cos UniJos increased our school fees from 27k to 45k then..

I have graduated, done my NYSC till date nobody has called me for that money.. and the Land I bought for 580k then, the man is now calling me that several people have been pricing it, but currently, this 2022, someone called to offer me 2.7M.. I SAID I NO WON SELL AM YET..

so it depends
Sometimes it might be a trap
Sometimes it might be a blessing in disguise
Sometimes it can be anything..

Maybe as I was the one sponsoring myself na him God use stranger to bless me Miraculously. lols.. maybe

Happy SUNDAY

I am typing this message because, rain fall today here, the weather is cool and I am charging my phone somewhere at the same time.. ✌️

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2022
chukwugoziegi:

No be hunch. It happened to someone I know. The guy didn't go to the bank to complain, he ate the money. He dey chop beans for jail now.
What if someone scam him part of the money due to slow bank response?
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by executive12: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
Okpabana:

Don't touch that money pls. It's a trouble lurking around the corner. I mistakenly sent 250k to someone's account last year and I was able to use the account number to get his phone number from his bank through a friend. Called this dude to refund my money but dude insulted a hell out of my life and went ahead and withdrew the money.

I got all his account numbers that are attached to his BVN block with the help of court and bankers order. Weeks later the fool was arrested when he went to his bank to complain. He was instantly bundled to Portharcourt to face me. I got my money Wella and trust our black uniform guys, the make sure the guy accounts were emptied before his freedom ��

You did the right thing.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Malawian(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

LoL. I can't spend a dime from it, sir.
I no get money,but no be me own am.
One day, I go get my own too grin
So, I'll go with the second advice.
And sir,does Union transfer means it's from Union Bank?
I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.
Play 2 sure odds.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Rhaspody(m): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2022
Just goto bank and fill a "return to sender" form. They will return it immediately. Especially if the sender tags your account as fraudulent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
seanwilliam:
safe to conclude 21m and above will move you ?

Lol. Nope. It still won't move me. I don see money my own personal 8digits before so 7digit another person money no fit move me at all, for business i don loose 8digit personal funds too for my own business. So i no just start to see money
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

This kind of thing may happen if you got a sim card that was used to register for the bank details of another person years ago and later the person changed his sim card without doing diligence.

Lol. Bro I've been using my own 3g Simcard since 2013 till date, I've never misplaced, upgrade to 4g sim since then and I've been using that my wema banking application since 2017 so no whyne me. grin grin grin
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by ORIAYO70(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2022
soundOsonic:
No go to the bank o. No touch the money. Wait for 3 months. After 3 months you fit spend am.
Or don't listen to my advice, go to the bank and they will contact the donor.

If you spend the money, you go cough am out o

My neighbor spent 400k nothing happen
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
peppermint7:

Boss make I ask you something abeg

Go on and ask, speak freely, I'm all ears
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2022
franciskaine:
good heart or not, such money can get u into big trouble. It could be a case of money laundry, fraud, kidnapping or any other nefarious activity transfered to different people to make dem seem clean. The moment investigation reach ur side, the only explanation you've is if you've contacted your bank before for investigation.

Lol i know all about the implications and preventive measures i needed to take because i studied Banking and Finance , so basically i know most of what I'm expected to do and scenrious that could be in play and it's equivalent outcome
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2022
descarado:

Coper shun are always the culprit or people with low income. Try that with a business man that money enters and go from his accounts at will, that money is gone.
I was credited with 1.5m during my service year. Was sorted out after 24hrs when I laid complaint.

Lol. I'm also a business man too. But let me not say mcuh. Na social media we deyy
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by chukwugoziegi: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
What if someone scam him part of the money due to slow bank response?

Apparently, someone used his bank account to scam someone, they paid into the account, hacked it to remove the money. In the middle of all these, he didn't bother contacting the bank. Infact, he felt relieved when he couldn't find the money in his account again. Thought it was a glitch that got rectified.

EFCC picked him up at the NYSC camp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
LOVEGINO:
join politics n ur life will never remain desame.

Lol. Then you know nothing about me. I detest impunity with all my heart. That's one reason i want to join the police or probably NA, but if i join police, whatever unit I'm posted to especially those attached to roads for patrols, no matter what (Superior or not) you must never extort or try to extort a citizen in my presence else it's going to be devastating. Im a young man in my mid 20's for the past two years, I've never given a police man a penny as I've always said a NO to their advances
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Exceed15: 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
You have a good heart.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
damosky12:

It was a trap. These folks would carry out underground fraud and then use a bait to lure a customer they can pin it on.

Thank you for being honest. This saved you a whole lot!

Once upon a time Access bank tried the same with me. Till date, i still see the account number attached to my phone number which i know nothing about. I've been using my 3g sim without an upgrade or misplacement and making retrievals since 2013 yet the account was created 2019 without my knowledge or consent. I've warned them anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
chukwugoziegi:

Apparently, someone used his bank account to scam someone, they paid into the account, hacked it to remove the money. In the middle of all these, he didn't bother contacting the bank. Infact, he felt relieved when he couldn't find the money in his account again. Thought it was a glitch that got rectified.

EFCC picked him up at the NYSC camp
Do you think EFCC would believe him if he told them he contacted his bank? (assuming he did)
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:

Lol. Then you know nothing about me. I detest impunity with all my heart. That's one reason i want to join the police or probably NA, but if i join police, whatever unit I'm posted to especially those attached to roads for patrols, no matter what (Superior or not) you must never extort or try to extort a citizen in my presence else it's going to be devastating. Im a young man in my mid 20's for the past two years, I've never given a police man a penny as I've always said a NO to their advances
Don't the weapon scare you especially if told to come down and they isolate you somewhere...
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by friendl: 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2022
Nothing go happen if you chop the money ,...what if you are owning loans and automatically the loan is paid from the account ,after all ,...
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by eaglechild: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2022
Revolution2022:
If a scammer hack your bank account and stole your money the bank will say there is nothing they can do about it.
That is not true.
The bank has the responsibility to keep your money safe.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by babsthegreat: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2022
Please just go to bank and explain because the money belongs to another person and it was wrongly credited to you ,if you the money and they find out they debit your account and transfer to the right owner and will make your go red,so please report to the bank.
Is a criminal offense to spend what doesn't belong to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by babsthegreat: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
Report to the bank pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by eaglechild: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
Do you think EFCC would believe him if he told them he contacted his bank? (assuming he did)
Absolutely if there is evidence.
Which is why emails are invaluable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Juleh01: 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
Jbleenk:
120k huge sum? Something we use to drink alcohol in club?
Big man!!!
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by JordanMichael(m): 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
God of miracle alert when
Just 10m and I'll never bother you with financial prayers again
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by fotadmowmend(m): 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
If it is a mistake you can't go away with the money. . just do d needful
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Fiscus105(m): 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2022
soundOsonic:
No go to the bank o. No touch the money. Wait for 3 months. After 3 months you fit spend am.
Or don't listen to my advice, go to the bank and they will contact the donor.

If you spend the money, you go cough am out o

And if the owner complain?

Let me tell you an experience I witnessed in first bank .

10k mistakenly credited to the lady account ,she spent it and believed nothing happened, after some weeks another genuine money credited to her account again, she went to withdraw but couldn't on ATM. Meanwhile, ATM machine would read ledger account 12.00k and withdrawable account or something similar 0.00k

She tried on ATM, pos, online etc now until she went to customer care of the bank, thr, they told her that someone sent money to her before that she must pay the person the money before she can't have access to her account again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by LOVEGINO(m): 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:

bro I reason with u but it doesn't work that way oooo. If u don't get it, pls do
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by brandsoncharlie: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:

Lol. Bro I've been using my own 3g Simcard since 2013 till date, I've never misplaced, upgrade to 4g sim since then and I've been using that my wema banking application since 2017 so no whyne me. grin grin grin
Maybe that wasn't your case but I did had such experience as such. I had to discard the simcard for a new one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.