Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum (84784 Views)

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Gamesmart: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
Just this evening, I received an alert of #120,000 from an unknown person.
It says union transfer.
I really don't know what condition the person would be right now.
Am I to go to my bank to complain or to Union Bank?
Pls, I need helpful replies.

Make sure you document every interaction with the bank either electronically (by email) or by audio (recording).

Don't let anybody claim you withdrew it.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2022
The total balance length looking less than 6 figure balance.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by ebuka10box(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.
brother u are a good Nigerian and may God bless u for this act. God will definitely bless u . I had similar experience where I work and it was tempting cause that was the period I lost my parents and I was meant to go back to Nigeria. I found a reasonable sum of money but will it solve all my problems or bring my parents to life ....no ... GOD DOESN'T BLESS U WITH ANOTHER'S SWEAT... KEEP DOING GOOD BRODA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by juddybrown(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2022
Use 100k play 5 odds,then U thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:46am On Mar 06, 2022
Omuka:
Please, i also have the same issue. My sister was given government school feeding program slot. She asked me to use my account, i then used my account to process it. Now, government has sent up to 154k to my account but my sister has not been participating in the program and they keep sending money. I'm afraid to touch the money. Please, what do i do?
Recession money, 154k is small to govt. Spend if you want to.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by nedekid: 11:47am On Mar 06, 2022
Don't touch the money because over time it will be recalled. Better still report it to you bank to cover yourself if it is as a result of fraudulent activity. When I say report, I mean scribble a letter and make a copy, stamped by the bank. That covers you.

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Wese090(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2022
Stake man city vs Manchester united quickly o give Manchester united straight win the return the money back grin
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:48am On Mar 06, 2022
What if bank deducted charges from the money, will you balance it? Just asking
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Blacksavage: 11:48am On Mar 06, 2022
Na Yahoo money
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:50am On Mar 06, 2022
treatise:

That can buy several loaves of bread ; naira is still better Zimbabwean dollar grin
Zimbabwean dollar is bigger than naira
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2022
soundOsonic:
No go to the bank o. No touch the money. Wait for 3 months. After 3 months you fit spend am.
Or don't listen to my advice, go to the bank and they will contact the recipient.

If you spend the money, you go cough am out o
Stupid Advise cool
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2022
Ezepresido:
Good day all, I have handsome reward for anyone that can provide us with the office address of Sokoloan. Its online loan platform. We have a pending case against them. But we need their office address or the address of anyone that works in the firm.

Thanks
Their office address is
PLOT 8, PROVIDENCE STREET, LEKKI PHASE 1,
LAGOS.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by soundOsonic: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2022
Himtulie247:
Stupid Advise cool
Don't you notice the comment was sarcasm?
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by soundOsonic: 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
dtiBusiness:

...and someone with this kind of mentality, even recommending it to other, want a GOOD, SAFE &PROSPEROUS country. Na lie!. You are suggesting concealment of someone's sweat or trouble in your account for 3 months with the intent to convert it to yours. Haba!

If the OP is listening, kindly report the matter to your bank through written communication to the branch manager. They will acknowledge and get the beneficiary

You have a problem, and it is that you don't have any sense of humor.
Didn't you noticed what I said was sarcasm.
I advised him to report the case in a sarcastic way. Read again

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by soundOsonic: 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
iokpebholo:
What if this d same miracle alert Apostle SULEIMAN was talking about d last time grin grin angry angry
This one na miracle alert with handcuffs
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Jbleenk: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
120k huge sum? Something we use to drink alcohol in club?

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by seyz91(m): 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
cheesy
Legitexchanger:
it's mine, please email me for procedure on how to send it back
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by ogbenimax007: 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
callmetoniaa:
Same thing happened to me two days ago, some one transferred 3k to me uptil today u never knew who send me tht money..
abeg na me n na my last card b that
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by ogbenimax007: 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2022
ceematics:
Guy withdraw that money and play Mancity to win Manu that should give u #174,000, remove 54,000 and then report to ur bank grin
grin mad oooo

2 Likes

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by odijeks(m): 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

Why go to the person's bank when you can just go to your bank and report it?

Your bank can track where it came from and the money can be automatically reversed by your bank only.

His bank has no right to remove funds from his account. Best they can do is to give info of the sender and op can reach out to him and make a transfer. The bank can't take out funds from your acct without your authorization
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Tomilola360: 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
find out who and return the money.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by descarado: 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:
Something similar happened to me last weeks. I logged into my wema bank mobile banking app so I'll spend money in my alawee account that I've not touched oooo. Lo and behold. I saw another bank account there with 2.2mil naira. Note I used my own Mobil banking details to login ooo only for me to see another person account number on my profile. I had access to empty the whole 2.2m using the same mibile banking pin as i used in logging in ooo or finger print but i ignored. I just called bank straight and for over 5days bank didn't do anything. I had to call them again warning them that i have no interest in the money as i don't know how it became attached to my profile and i also do nor have any interest in the funds there. I told them this is the sixth time I'm contacting you concerning this. I won't be part of whatever fraud you guys are planning. I also instructed them to record the call conversation as it would be used as evidence against them should incase of any fraudulent activity i warned. After about 24 hours later they restored my account. See screenshot attached below

Screenshot bears my real account account name (Red Arrow), (Green Arrow) account number. If you check the account number with another mobile banking app you'll see it's a different name.
Coper shun are always the culprit or people with low income. Try that with a business man that money enters and go from his accounts at will, that money is gone.
I was credited with 1.5m during my service year. Was sorted out after 24hrs when I laid complaint.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by FaithBrain1994(m): 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2022
Long story short. What is really your point?
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by ikdaddy01(m): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
I am on this type of mater now. I transferred money to a sterling bank account instead of Stabic.
I dont know how 2 banks that sounds the same will have same account number. Have been trying to reach all parties involved. God help me oh
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by iTearHerToto: 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.
That money too small to swindle, return it.
But if you see 120m alert come back for advice smiley

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by executive12: 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.

You should go to your bank to have the money returned. It's obviously a mistake.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by AuroraB(f): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
Niwdog:
since e no dey your mind to chop the money you no know say the best option na to report to your bank
Abi you want tell nairaland say you holy
Kai �
Must you say it smiley cool
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by faste: 12:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
Jbleenk:
120k huge sum? Something we use to drink alcohol in club?
Have some humanity,levels de for life nawww!!!
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Yankee101: 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ask your bank for the details of the sender.

Take it to union Bank to help you contact the person

Confirm them and transfer the monet back to them
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by executive12: 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2022
Nairalandhotboy:
grin in 2018 I got credited 55k from nowhere. I withdrew it immediately and kept the money in another account. After few months and no show. I spent it abeg. I still dey street that time. Till today nothing.

I no talk say make u do like me o. But Kala

That makes you a thief.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by executive12: 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Legally, the money is yours since it is in your account.

But the legal ownership of the money stops the moment the real owner begins to look for it and traces it to your account.

It's similar to the case of an abandoned property. The occupant/user of an abandoned property can lay claim to it in the absence of the owner.

I hope you are not a Lawyer. You sound crooked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man / Victor Okafor: Photos Of The Daughters Of Eze Ego Of Ihiala / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.