Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me (6508 Views)

Guy And Lady Do Crazy Dance That Got People Slamming Them / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / Shocking Whatsapp Conversation Between A Guy And His Married Ex-girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Victerica(m): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
OP, is it that he does not respond to your greetings?

Or you dey exaggerate the thing?
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by LINTUNE(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What is the essence of this yammering abeg? lipsrsealed
for u to wake up to reality, nobody gives a Bleep about you,u aren't special,so don't expect any guy to waste time wooing u while u act silly to boost your self esteem..

4 Likes

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
Tallesty1:
He only used to stare at her.

1. They never talked. Read the post again.
He asked if he could talk to her for two minutes and she said that he was in a haste and left him standing there like a fool so what exactly do you want him to say to her again? Hello, are you still in a haste?

2. The OP is expecting him to make another move but this is 2022. She should make the move or forget about him.The OP is angry because he moved on too quickly gringrin

Unah never see anything.
1. I have found myself in similar shoes as the guy on several occasions, this in my past, and one problem I admit to struggling with, particularly when I was younger, is lack of self-confidence. undecided

A person with self-confidence will consider what the Op said at that juncture as a opening to try again, whereas a one with no self esteem would outright consider what she said a rejection and a stab as his person. Now to top it off, this particular guy goes even further to block OP(keep malice) - all clear signs of low self-esteem/confidence. undecided

How in the world is the Op to blame for any of that? undecided

2. OP didn't say she had any expectations of him so let's ask instead of plugging our personal delusions in here please. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Anon4: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
Dizzyyish:
There's something most people here are seemingly unaware of...

Never take a woman's word at face value. Always get both sides of the story before you decided what is what.

A woman's defence is her presumption of innocence, so she'll naturally try to preserve this presumption--this is also another reason for their tendency to avoid accountability.

She would most likely omit the some parts of the story that paints her in a bad light. It may be her tone, behavior, what she said may be different from what she's writing, etc.
This was exactly the first thought I had when I read her write up.
It very unlikely that the guy would behave that way if she indeed behaved properly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
LINTUNE:
for u to wake up to reality, nobody gives a Bleep about you,u aren't special,so don't expect any guy to waste time wooing u while u act silly to boost your self esteem..
Huh? undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Jamahyel(m): 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
Linda4321:
I will quickly make this as quick as possible because this is actually my first time writing here,there is this new guy at my place of work who stares at me a lot and I really do like him.
After we were done with work for the day he called me while I was passing by because he was actually ahead of me,I turned back to look and I saw that he was actually the one that called my name and he said if he could talk to me for at least for 2minutes but I told him that am actually in a haste to attend to something so I left now he no longer talks to me,did I do something wrong by telling him am busy when he wanted to communicate with me
ask him don’t come and disturb us with ur shakara

2 Likes

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Silentgroper(m): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Huh? undecided
can you take a break PUSSY!!!
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
Silentgroper:
can you take a break PUSSY!!!
Huh? undecided
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by McEphiks(m): 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2022
cowardafonja:

Her mother couldn't correctly tell which of her numerous customers that fathered her. In a nutshell, she doesn't have a father.

Comrade lower your voice... you're shouting, the people at the back will hear you
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by samtol4(m): 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
Many women have missed their husbands because of " forming too busy "
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Truvelisback(m): 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Linda4321:
I will quickly make this as quick as possible because this is actually my first time writing here,there is this new guy at my place of work who stares at me a lot and I really do like him.
After we were done with work for the day he called me while I was passing by because he was actually ahead of me,I turned back to look and I saw that he was actually the one that called my name and he said if he could talk to me for at least for 2minutes but I told him that am actually in a haste to attend to something so I left now he no longer talks to me,did I do something wrong by telling him am busy when he wanted to communicate with me

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by SenecaTheYonger: 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
Linda4321:

You probably told him rudely. I know you Nigerian girls well, especially when you like a guy. Tufiakwa. I hope he never talks to you again

2 Likes

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by promisedeco(m): 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There was nothing rude about what she did. She said she was busy.... you are allowed to say or do that when you suddenly loose your composure. Adults know this and understand these things. undecided

If it all has to happen according to your way and plan, without much consideration for the other, then it can't be healthy, can't it? undecided
Yes "I'm busy" is not rude but as my grandmum would say "goodnight is not a curse/rude but it depends on the mouth (tone) of the person"
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
samtol4:
Many women have missed their husbands because of " forming too busy "
That na lie... fabu wey particularly pastors and mogs use to deceieve their gullible into regretting what never was. undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
promisedeco:

Yes "I'm busy" is not rude but as my grandmum would say "goodnight is not a curse/rude but it depends on the mouth (tone) of the person"
That doesn't make any sense to me. If you choose to read your private delusions into my words, what has that got to do with me? undecided

"goodnight" remains just that, "goodnight" until proven, not assumed, otherwise. undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Oturatetuala(m): 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
siofra:

He missed a wife. She didn't miss anything with that his useless behavior.

Nigerian men are useless sha.

Including the ones in your family I guess. Thinking before typing rubbish on here fool.
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by BeanmanX(m): 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That na lie... fabu wey particularly pastors and mogs use to deceieve their gullible into regretting what never was. undecided
Rest,,,,u re always everywhere,,, don't u have something doing? or u re competing with Fernandezisback??

6 Likes

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by damtan(m): 9:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
Like someone said, it may not be what you said that angered him but how you said what you said.
Even the bible says, a gracious answer turns away wrath.

You might have been rude in utterance. Anyways, walk up to him and talk it out.
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by promisedeco(m): 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
J
Kobojunkie:
That doesn't make any sense to me. If you choose to read your private delusions into my words, what has that got to do with me? undecided

"goodnight" remains just that, "goodnight" until proven, not assumed, otherwise. undecided
I know you want to sound smart... nice try but let me educate you a little.

In linguistics, there are things known as connotative and denotative meaning.

Let me give you an instance. When you're laughing with a friend and then say "guy you be idiot oo". Does he pick offense? However call him an idiot while discussing something serious and see his reaction.

Another example... In our society we often you "bad" to describe someone who is good. As in, Ronaldo scores a classic goal, Kobojunkie goes "omoh! Ronaldo bad oo". Does that mean bad is good?

4 Likes

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by richie3384: 9:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
Linda4321:

@kobojunkie, wake up. Op if u really like the guy, subtly go for him. You can try to be friendly. Nowadays it must not be the guy that makes the first move but he already did, so reciprocate "subtly" enough for him to get the msg. Not all those shallow green light that are hard to understand. If u like him enough to come to NL , also find a way to reconnect with him. He may never approach u again, this is guy's attitude these days. Some of us prefer to simply go for girls that like us than taking the unnecessary stress wooing someone. Those days are gone. Girls are really upgrading, some approach guys for their numbers and strike off a good friendship from there. Just go for what u want, who cares; what a man can do, women can do better. Girls have approached me in Nigeria not just abroad and it's a worthy experience. I really value such women. Op make your move!

3 Likes

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
promisedeco:
J
I know you want to sound smart... nice try but let me educate you a little.

In linguistics, there are things known as connotative and denotative meaning.

Let me give you an instance. When you're laughing with a friend and then say "guy you be idiot oo". Does he pick offense? However call him an idiot while discussing something serious and see his reaction.

Another example... In our society we often you "bad" to describe someone who is good. As in, Ronaldo scores a classic goal, Kobojunkie goes "omoh! Ronaldo bad oo". Does that mean bad is good?
um.. I wasn't trying to be smart, but literal , here. undecided

Also, I fail to see how any of what you posted above relates to this topic or my comment to you. Again...
Kobojunkie:

If we are to instead assume that a previous bond exists between my person and the one who uttered the word "goodnight", then and only then can we begin to consider such things as whether the word was spoken in connotative voice or not. However, in the OP'S case, it isn't indicated that a bond existed prior to that fateful encounter so it makes no sense to suggest possible connotations where there really isn't evidence for it. undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
richie3384:
1.@kobojunkie, wake up.

2. Op if u really like the guy, subtly go for him. You can try to be friendly. Nowadays it must not be the guy that makes the first move but he already did, so reciprocate "subtly" enough for him to get the msg. Not all those shallow green light that are hard to understand. If u like him enough to come to NL , also find a way to reconnect with him. He may never approach u again, this is guy's attitude these days.

3. Some of us prefer to simply go for girls that like us than taking the unnecessary stress wooing someone. Those days are gone. Girls are really upgrading, some approach guys for their numbers and strike off a good friendship from there. Just go for what u want, who cares; what a man can do, women can do better. Girls have approached me in Nigeria not just abroad and it's a worthy experience. I really value such women. Op make your move!
1. It is 2:43 PM here. Already done with my nap! undecided

2. You are actually here advising the gal to make the first moves on the guy, this with so many out there still clinging to the idea that ladies who make the first move are respected and even loose women? shocked

3. Ah, I see! So you "value" such women who approached you first but how long was your longest relationship with any of them? undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by promisedeco(m): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Also, I fail to see how any of what you posted above relates to this topic or my comment to you. Again... If we are to instead assume that a previous bond exists between my person and the one who uttered the word "goodnight", then and only then can we begin to consider such things as whether the word was spoken in connotative voice or not. However, in the OP'S case, it isn't indicated that a bond existed prior to that fateful encounter so it makes no sense to suggest possible connotations where there really isn't evidence for it. undecided
@bolded Too bad undecided
However, let me try one last time.
The the guy was offended by what OP said - which by the way is literary not a bad response from her. However, what I'm taking into account here is HOW SHE SAID IT. which is why I brought in my grandmum's cliche.

Could be her body language, could be her tone that got him upset. That's why I mentioned connotative and denotative meanings.

If you don't get it now then I can't help you wink

1 Like

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Shegzdave: 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Also, I fail to see how any of what you posted above relates to this topic or my comment to you. Again... If we are to instead assume that a previous bond exists between my person and the one who uttered the word "goodnight", then and only then can we begin to consider such things as whether the word was spoken in connotative voice or not. However, in the OP'S case, it isn't indicated that a bond existed prior to that fateful encounter so it makes no sense to suggest possible connotations where there really isn't evidence for it. undecided
You love meaningless arguments.
In a bid to sound smart, you end up sounding otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
Shegzdave:

You love meaningless arguments.
In a bid to sound smart, you end up sounding otherwise.
Waka pass if this is a win or die affair for you abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Shegzdave: 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Waka pass if this is a win or die affair for you abeg! undecided
So you dey people dey catch cruise abi wetin undecided
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
promisedeco:

@bolded Too bad undecided
However, let me try one last time.
1. The the guy was offended by what OP said - which by the way is literary not a bad response from her. However, what I'm taking into account here is HOW SHE SAID IT. which is why I brought in my grandmum's cliche.

2. Could be her body language, could be her tone that got him upset. That's why I mentioned connotative and denotative meanings.

If you don't get it now then I can't help you wink
1. And i have already severally state that there is absolutely no reason given in the story by the Op for the guy to have been offended by what she claimed she said. undecided

2. I no dey engage in coulda-woulda-shoulda debates abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by promisedeco(m): 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. And i have already severally state that there is absolutely no reason given in the story by the Op for the guy to have been offended by what she claimed she said. undecided

2. I no dey engage in coulda-woulda-shoulda debates abeg. undecided
Forgive me for engaging you. As the guy above rightly said you indulge in meaningless arguments.

Have a good night sweetie cool

6 Likes

Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by Richarlison640(m): 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2022
Same tin happened to me last week the girl day do POS for front of my house I like her and I always stire at her so last week my younger brother wanted me to sub his phone just as I promise him earlier I decided to send him 2k went to her but network was disturbing so I ask her to send it when the nework is available I didn't see her dat day again and my younger brother didn't call me so the next day on way to work she was coming to shop so my plan was to approach her and ask wether the transfer was successful as I was coming close this girl turn to another direction I try calling her she no answer me and she was very close to her shop I was totally disappointed maybe she thinks say I want toast her well I still like her Shar but no more stirring at her me now am tired of shakara anyway later I go woo her, as for Linda try talking to him believe me that guy tinks you're not interested in him try make am kno say you get interest na woman you be you know how you go take do am
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by cowardafonja: 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
McEphiks:

Comrade lower your voice... you're shouting, the people at the back will hear you
grin
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by FahBuLous: 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
siofra:

He missed a wife. She didn't miss anything with that his useless behavior.

Nigerian men are useless sha.
How useless is your dad??

Low useless or very high, abi he is the chief of all the useless men? undecided
Re: How I Disregarded A Guy And He No Longer Talks To Me by AgentGoat: 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
Linda4321:

Na unnecessary shakara you did which is consistent with nigerian ladies. Hiss

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Girls Become Lesbians / Asking A Girl For Her Number In A Public Bus. Is It Right Or Wrong? / Eyes Closed: These Pre-Wedding Photos Will Make You Drool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.