Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving (43529 Views)

As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Ghoxt: 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
"For better for worst" has nothing to do with organ donation.

She should not make that mistake of giving out her kidney.

Go for the divorce.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by OreoPaschal(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
Rubyjade:
This is scary

Yeah! It was a heartbreaking moment for her! I can still picture how broken she was, the day he broke the news to her.

I have grown to understand that in life, you live for the moment and you prioritize your happiness before others. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Shegzdave: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
luminouz:

*Sighs*

You no dey tire?

Everywhere chochocho like abakaliki parrot!!!

Surely, my response is clear enough.
You don’t need to honor her with a response.
She loves baseless arguments.
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by luminouz(m): 9:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Abeg carry your nonsense retort wake pass! undecided
K
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by luminouz(m): 9:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
Shegzdave:

You don’t need to honor her with a response.
She loves baseless arguments.
Noted for next time chief.
That geh is in serious psychological trauma
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Blackdisciple(m): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
They shouldn't force that on her at the first place .

Let her decide because he is her husband, so if she truly love him she will do that even without anyone asking her to but since they asked and she's following what ever her family says then she is not the right person for him.

My advice is there will be someone his family that will match , conduct the transplant since it's like finance is not the prob. Do the transplant then call off the marriage since she don't wanna do meaning she's not for better for worse, in good health and in sickness.
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by luminouz(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
OreoPaschal:

Yeah! It was a heartbreaking moment for her! I can still picture how broken she was, the day he broke the news to her.

I have grown to understand that in life, you live for the moment and you prioritize your happiness before others. smiley smiley

Was he mandated to donate his kidney or something or why the drastic decision to divorce your elder sister?
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Ogbotobo77(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Hamachi:
My cousin who got married last year July is actually thinking of leaving the marriage because the husband was diagnosed of kidney failure and needs a transplant. The summary of the story is that the family of the man is expecting the newly married wife to donate one of her kidney to the man because my cousin is biological match to the husband, she and her family has said LAI LIA O, that his their child and they should find a way to go about it. After dragging this issues for some months, my cousin family are pushing her to file for a divorce

A. Would it be considered wickedness on her part considering, his not only the husband but PARTLY trained her in school too?

B. The marriage is less than a year no much money to even look for a seller, Aunty want to japa and leave the man

What do you think?
HYPERGAMY
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Shegzdave: 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
luminouz:

Noted for next time chief.
That geh is in serious psychological trauma
It’s always best to ignore her mentions for one’s sake
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Nitoriolohun1: 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
Tannhauser:
cheesy

Nonsense.
This is why i laugh when i see people saying don't marry for love, marry for money, status, trophy wife/ husband etc. When the chips are down, its just you and your spouse.
I can happily say that the wife i am married to would've donated her kidney long before any other person (her family or even mine) heard about it.
Make una continue to dey marry for nonsense reasons.

I come in peace, selah.

Don't be too sure ...
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by luminouz(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Shegzdave:

It’s always best to ignore her mentions for one’s sake
Sure chief
I go ignore her henceforth

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Mariangeles(f): 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
Munzy14:

For better for worse in the mud... cool

I wonder where them the meet these kind partners... lipsrsealed

Ndi Ara!.

That is what happens when people don’t take their time to get to know each other, to fall in love.
They’re always in a hurry.

I feel sorry for this generation.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Verysmart101: 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

How did they not know about his kidney failure before marriage .
I know the optimistic part of me would really want to give that kidney to my husband but the logical side of me would not support that decision , marriage is not a do or die affair in my opinion since it's a new marriage and there's no child involved it's okay to leave if she feels pressured , it's not wickedness , the man could do same to her if she were to find herself in an unfortunate circumstance , I mean we see it everyday where the women can't have a child and the man ends up marrying someone else or having children in secret , and some will cheat on their wives because she's no longer pretty after 5 kids and is worn out from her very demanding job

The stories I see of this marriage thing is making me doubt that I will even marry who I love , in the selfish world the selfish succeed , you can't force someone to drink medicine for another person's sickness , if she offers to help willingly it's different but saying she has to because he's her husband is ridiculous , it basically means that she has no say in the matter , it's a very toxic type of entitlement

This ur comment is just ridiculous.Pray u Don't fall into the man's situation like this mmm
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by lahizak: 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Says who?. undecided
Me. D only reason I will want to marry is because I love the girl so freaking much and would want to spend d rest of my life with her. Any other things, I can get without marriage

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
lahizak:

Me. D only reason I will want to marry is because I love the girl so freaking much and would want to spend d rest of my life with her. Any other things, I can get without marriage
You know say love no dey inside legal definition of marriage, right? undecided

So, don't expect every marriage to be like your own oo! undecided

Also be sure to get a prenuptial agreement, to at least make sure your partner is on the same page as you love-wise. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Aaay: 10:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
Why
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by slevan: 10:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
Your cousin or you? Say the truth and let the devil be ashamed.

Hamachi:
My cousin who got married last year July is actually thinking of leaving the marriage because the husband was diagnosed of kidney failure and needs a transplant. The summary of the story is that the family of the man is expecting the newly married wife to donate one of her kidney to the man because my cousin is biological match to the husband, she and her family has said LAI LIA O, that his their child and they should find a way to go about it. After dragging this issues for some months, my cousin family are pushing her to file for a divorce

A. Would it be considered wickedness on her part considering, his not only the husband but PARTLY trained her in school too?

B. The marriage is less than a year no much money to even look for a seller, Aunty want to japa and leave the man

What do you think?
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
Verysmart101:

This ur comment is just ridiculous.Pray u Don't fall into the man's situation like this mmm

If I were to fall into a situation like this , I won't force my parents , my siblings , my children or my husband to donate anything , I'd even be more worried for them because it might end up causing harm to them , if they offered to make the sacrifice I'd appreciate it but it won't be by force oh , and if he were my husband it definitely depends on how long we've been together , it's 5 months , I feel like they married her knowing fully well that he was not in good condition but wanted to manipulate her , there is one person I'd give my kidney to if the need arises that person is my father because I know who he is , it's been 20 years of imperfect but understanding love and I owe him my existence , you see my husband of 5 months he should go and meet his mother , he can qualify for my selfless love when we've been together for years and have kids together , I won't let the father of my children die without a fight oh , I will fight till the last drop of strength leaves my body , but 5 months abeg I've seen a situation where they adopted a girl simply to use her to heal a sick child , they showed her love only to dump her after they were done with her , humans are manipulative and marriage is a scam these days , if you had a sister with a sick husband go ahead and kill her to heal him , in fact sacrifice your daughter that one is not my business , all I know is before you make any sacrifice for anyone you have to analyze a lot of things , it's not an overnight decision

God doesn't answer stupid prayers , he won't put me in a situation that is not for me , especially not because I decided to drop my honest opinion on one social media thread , rest abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You know say love no dey inside legal definition of marriage, right? undecided

So, don't expect every marriage to be like your own oo! undecided

Also be sure to get a prenuptial agreement, to at least make sure your partner is on the same page as you love-wise. grin

Now that it feels like life or death , people are busy shouting love love love , if it were the case of a barren woman the entire family would be suspicious , love no go dey again oh , it will be cases of shaky trust because oga will be like how many children did you abort before you married me , men are so self centered , someone posted a thread that he lost interest in his wife after child birth and people were advicing him to [/b] help her exercise , teach her how to dress , show her other women you want her to look like ,[b] noone cautioned him that he should've married who he loves unconditionally , some even came to advice women in general that they should stop letting themselves go after children so that their husbands won't [/b]stop loving them[b] mtcheeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:
Now that it feels like life or death , people are busy shouting love love love , if it were the case of a barren woman the entire family would be suspicious , love no go dey again oh , it will be cases of shaky trust because oga will be like how many children did you abort before you married me , men are so self centered , someone posted a thread that he lost interest in his wife after child birth and people were advicing him to [/b] help her exercise , teach her how to dress , show her other women you want her to look like ,[b] noone cautioned him that he should've married who he loves unconditionally , some even came to advice women in general that they should stop letting themselves go after children so that their husbands won't [/b]stop loving them[b] mtcheeeeeeew
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink cheesy
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Munzy14(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

That is what happens when people don’t take their time to get to know each other, to fall in love.

As in eeh...That get to know eachother for a period of time is very important...

But, ndi a ma nu onwe ha, OP said he was part of the lady's training in school...I just don't like this...Because of some reasons.

I feel a man kwesiri I meet a lady nna ya zuchara, bia kwnayere ha ugwu....Ha gozie ya, ya kporo nwunye oma ya lawa..

Too many disappointments with all this I trained her school people...It will lead to marrying out of pity.. lipsrsealed from both sides.

I si sorry for generation oma anyi a, o lee generation nke i no? cheesy

Honestly, can you do that for your husband? Sacrificing a kidney for him? Gwa m eziokwu o..

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink cheesy

Meaning
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:
Meaning
I laugh at the way love has suddenly taken centerstage in many of the comments here, just as you iterated, this word hardly ever mentioned in conjunction with marriage before this..... undecided

I can even imagine what it is like to be mandated to give up a kidney barely a year into a marriage - why? Because some how the statement "for better or for worse" is being translated to mean I have you forfeit a kidney? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I laugh at the way love has suddenly taken centerstage in many of the comments here, just as you iterated, this word hardly ever mentioned in conjunction with marriage before this..... undecided

I can even imagine what it is like to be mandated to give up a kidney barely a year into a marriage - why? Because some how the statement "for better or for worse" is being translated to mean I have you forfeit a kidney? grin

It's the entitlement for me
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

Love has never been a mandated requirement in marriage.

In fact, during our parents times, we were constantly reminded of how love was a foreign concept to our culture. We even gulped down tales of how it is OK to marry first....love, we were told, develops overtime in marriage. So why require things be any much different now? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by OreoPaschal(m): 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
luminouz:

Was he mandated to donate his kidney or something or why the drastic decision to divorce your elder sister?

No mandate! Emotional support was all she needed from him. I guess, he was scared of having the tag "Widower". wink smiley
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Mariangeles(f): 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
Munzy14:

As in eeh...That get to know eachother for a period of time is very important...

Cannot be overemphasized.

But, ndi a ma nu onwe ha, OP said he was part of the lady's training in school...I just don't like this...Because of some reasons.

I feel a man kwesiri I meet a lady nna ya zuchara, bia kwnayere ha ugwu....Ha gozie ya, ya kporo nwunye oma ya lawa..

Too many disappointments with all this I trained her school people...It will lead to marrying out of pity.. lipsrsealed from both sides.

When I saw the title of the thread, I intentionally avoided it.
Your comment led me to read and comment.
Nsogbu kariri.

I si sorry for generation oma anyi a, o lee generation nke i no? cheesy
I’m in this generation, but I’m not of this generation. grin

Honestly, can you do that for your husband? Sacrificing a kidney for him? Gwa m eziokwu o..

What I can truly tell you is that one does not know what they’re capable of -how far they can go for another person- until they’re in love.

Again, one cannot honestly answer certain questions (like that one) until they find themselves in the situation.
In other words, only in that situation can you truly be tested.
Kind of like how Peter swore he can give his life for Jesus, only to deny him.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Mariangeles(f): 11:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Love has never been a mandated requirement in marriage.

In fact, during our parents times, we were constantly reminded of how love was a foreign concept to our culture. We even gulped down tales of how it is OK to marry first....love, we were told, develops overtime in marriage. So why require things be any much different now? undecided

Love is very necessary in marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by luminouz(m): 1:07am On Mar 14, 2022
OreoPaschal:

No mandate! Emotional support was all she needed from him. I guess, he was scared of having the tag "Widower". wink smiley
Damn ..
Sad stuff
Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Mar 14, 2022
Mariangeles:
Love is very necessary in marriage.
Not all marriages. As our ancestors previously informed, and we have come to see from right here on nairaland, love is simply an option where marriage is concerned. undecided
Marriage takes place with or without love. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by Anuoluwagbemiga: 2:03am On Mar 14, 2022
some guys wont open up to their spouse when they were in courtship,that im this am that,i have seen a muslim guy that lied to his wife until he got married and now want to change his wife to a muslim by force .let us be straight to ourselves.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving by toprealman: 2:59am On Mar 14, 2022
Hamachi:

What do you think?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ7c2rZgNt2/?utm_medium=copy_link

Summary: A lady donated hers but the man jilted her later. In another story a man donated his own but the lady also dumped him later.
This is down to your value system
Your cousin's line of argument sha....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / My Husband’s Penis Not Working Well, He Ejaculates Within Seconds – Wife / Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.