Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo (66898 Views)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Jens Stoltenberg: Russia Is Using Cluster Bombs In Ukraine / RUSSIA Is Set To Begin Final Tests On Its Lethal Hypersonic 6100mph Missile(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kinematics: 8:05am On Mar 15, 2022
Olam09:

I hate people who pretend to be intellectual.. the guy was actually true in his argument.. type into google see if google won't prove the foolish op and it's dull supporters wrong.

Please stop displaying ignorance. You are showing us the distance from mainland USA to Asia/Russia, forgetting that Alaska and even Hawaii is part of the USA.

4 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by rajiedreez: 8:06am On Mar 15, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
It's forbidding bro, it's technically like walking into tomorrow.
it happened bro and they were arrested by the Russian authority for no having a valid visa

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by bluefilm: 8:07am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
So why are they afraid of Ukraine joining NATO, when the chief NATO country is their neighbour?

US is not the only NATO state.

NATO is a gang of states who cooperate militarily.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by everythinggirly(f): 8:08am On Mar 15, 2022
So much closeness.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Karemarealty288(m): 8:09am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
So why are they afraid of Ukraine joining NATO, when the chief NATO country is their neighbour?

Ask them ooooooo

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
World map is confusing or I should just say God is over creative

That's where the flat earth, round earth comes in...
Go from America to Australia then you will find yourself back in America.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kinematics: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2022
Op your head dey work. Reading through the thread I see so many ignorant comments trying to dispute your claim.

The U.S.–Russian boundary extends through the Bering strait. Little Diomede Island (Alaska) and Big Diomede Island (Siberia), Bering Strait.

2 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by LIONSABRE(m): 8:11am On Mar 15, 2022
I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by CSTRR: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:
The Alaska itself was sold to US by Russia in 1867.
If not, Na only Canada go separate the contiguous US states from Russia.

I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US. The then US secretary encouraging and signing the deal then was seen as a foolish man (Seward folly), he is now being praised as a man of foresight later on
Na
Russia won't have been to able to keep Alaska.
It's too far off from their mainland and the UK or france which were the greatest powers of that era would have annexed it.

So they sold to the US to counter the UK and to get needed Funds.

3 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by rajiedreez: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2022
Rilwayne001:

How come they didn’t freeze given that the sea got frozen? shocked
In 2006 a couple walked across in 14days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kinematics: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2022
LIONSABRE:
I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US.

As at then when it was sold it was a wasteland. The USA saw the future and they needed a stake in the arctic so bad.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by MrBeaks5114: 8:13am On Mar 15, 2022
See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically In The Mid-Atlantic Region The reason for its interest in the region is the location of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge between North America and Europe It is a place of extreme contrasts that creates volcanic activity and earthquakes In the past 50 years, since the discovery of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge by US scientists, there has been a massive amount of discovery and scientific discovery at the site In the next 10 years it is estimated that up to 100 times more new information on the Ridge will be discovered The discovery of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, is a very important geological event, because the Earth’s crust is constantly being broken apart and shifted by the action of sub-sea plates The Mid-Atlantic Ridge is very important for understanding the current shape and geological characteristics of the North American Plate

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kinematics: 8:14am On Mar 15, 2022
CSTRR:

Na
Russia won't have been to able to keep Alaska.
It's too far off from their mainland and the UK or france which were the greatest powers of that era would have annexed it.

So they sold to the US to counter the UK and to get needed Funds.

The highlighted is a lie. Russia simply needed money and saw Alaska as a wasteland. Not because of distance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by CSTRR: 8:16am On Mar 15, 2022
bluefilm:

What's so special about Alaska that will make Russia to be regretting letting it go?
Nothing.

It's cold and uninhabitable.
Even Putin don't want it.

The only reason why Russia would regret selling it is because of the strategic advantage it gave the US to become an Arctic nation.

Without Alaska, the United States would not have been a member of the Arctic nations.

Most of the Arctic is claimed by Russia along with Norway.

3 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by ugodson(m): 8:17am On Mar 15, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
I cannot believe this made front page

Anyone with even the least exposure or slightest knowledge of either international politics, geography or history knows that 1. America bought Alaska
2. That's just Alaska (it's still USA but not USA in all its glory, not USA as you know it) (it's more like mainland China and it's sub China's elsewhere so Usa is mainland USA and alaska is like an over sea protectorate on the same content divided/separated by Canada)

Your wisdom MAD oooo grin
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:19am On Mar 15, 2022
rajiedreez:
it happened bro and they were arrested by the Russian authority for no having a valid visa
like I said it's forbidding.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kinematics: 8:19am On Mar 15, 2022
CSTRR:

Nothing.

It's cold and uninhabitable.
Even Putin don't want it.

The only reason why Russia would regret selling it is because of the strategic advantage it gave the US to become an Arctic nation.

Without Alaska, the United States would not have been a member of the Arctic nations.

Most of the Arctic is claimed by Russia along with Norway.

Fact!
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:20am On Mar 15, 2022
AMERICA IS MODERN SODOM AND GOMORRAH AND IT WILL MEAN INJUSTICE ON GOD SIDE IF HE SPARES AMERICA THAT IS QUILTY OF CORRUPTING THE WHOLE WORLD WITH SIN AFTER HE MADE AN EXAMPLE WITH SODOM THAT HE DOES NOT COMPROMISE WITH SIN. GOD RAISED RUSSIA (THE KING OF THE NORTH) FOR THE PURPOSE OF DESTROYING AMERICA WHEN THE TIME COMES. THIS IS CONTAINED IN DANIEL 11 WHERE THE KING OF THE NORTH (RUSSIA) DESTROYED THE KING OF THE SOUTH (AMERICA) IN THE ENDTIME. IT WILL BE A SURPRISE MULTIPLE NUCLEAR ATTACKS AND WILL BE DONE BY RUSSIA TO PAVE WAY FOR RUSSIA (GOG) CHINA (MAGOG) AND IRAN (PERSIA) TO LEAD THE REST OF HUMANITY IN WAR AGAINST ISRAEL, TO IMPOSE IT ON ISRAEL TO ACCEPT THE DIVISION OF JERUSALEM AS THE CAPITAL OF THE STATE OF PALESTINE AND ISRAEL. UN'S RECOGNITION OF THE STATE OF PALESTINE WHICH WILL TAKE PLACE NOT FAR FROM NOW WILL PUSH ISRAEL TO DESTROY AL AQSA MOSQUE AND SINCE THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE WHOLE WORLD CAN THINK OF ATTACKING ISRAEL WITH USA ON THE SCENE, RUSSIA WILL DO THE DIRTY DEAL OF REMOVING USA OUT OF THE WAY TO PAVE WAY FOR THE GLOBAL WAR AGAINST ISRAEL. RUSSIA HAS MILITARY PACT WITH THE MUSLIM WORLD AND WILL DO THIS ON THEIR BEHALF. EVERY GOOD BIBLE STUDENT KNOWS THAT BIBLE DIDNT MENTION AMERICA IN THE BATTLE OVER JERUSALEM AND THIS WAS WHY. GOD, MAGOG AND PERSIA WERE THE COUNTRIES MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE THAT WILL LEAD THE WAR AND THESE COUNTRIES ARE ALREADY IN SYRIS, ISRAEL'S BACKYARD, WAITING FOR THE D-DAY AND THIS IS WHY ISRAEL KEEPS ATTACKING IRAN IN SYRIA BUT IT IS TOO LATE FOR THEM TO FORCE IRAN OUT OF SYRIA. ANY ONE WHO IS LOOKING AT AMERICA'S MILITARY MIGHT AND CONSIDERS THIS IMPOSSIBLE, SHOULD REMEMBER DAVID AND GOLIATH. IT IS NEITHER BY POWER NOT BY MIGHT THAT BATTLES ARE WON BUT BY COUNSEL OF GOD AS THIS WORLD TURNS AROUND HIS WILL.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by CSTRR: 8:21am On Mar 15, 2022
Kinematics:

The highlighted is a lie. Russia simply needed money and saw Alaska as a wasteland. Not because of distance.
It's too far off from their mainland and it is a cold uninhabitable place.

Russia is Euro-Asia. They span across two continents from eastern Europe to the far East Asia in Vladivostok bordering China.

The Alaskan territory is in North America.

It's too far from the center of their civilisation and yes it is a wasteland, atleast at that time.

They won't have sold it now though because it has oil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:21am On Mar 15, 2022
Olam09:

Oga you're right in your argument.. don't let the OP turn your brain upside down.. compare it yourself with the globe picture I'll post down here.. compare the time zone and see how the op just lied to everyone on this thread.. if they are 53 mile apart why is the time zone not just 3 to 4 hours different from each other..
Check the time zone well.. you'll see a grey side of the globe that's the part backing the sun.. I fit send you the GIF now self. Can you see the foolish OP is a liar?
Oga rest, don't embarrasse yourself here.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by bakar007: 8:21am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:

I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US. The then US secretary encouraging and signing the deal then was seen as a foolish man (Seward folly), he is now being praised as a man of foresight later on
They had no choice then, they were having issues with the Brits then ,and they felt they couldn't protect all their territories, they sold it off than lose it.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Oshodipikin: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
When you try to tell them this they call you several names grin I only ignore most of their uninformed rants now.

It's just laugh at the indomi children. They know nothing
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2022
DerrickzB:

This is misleading, how can the west and east be at each other’s back?? You obviously got to the end of the map and your smart phone showed you where it started again!! You should understand this, if US was that close to Russia so why are they attacking Ukraine for wanting to join nato??
Jesus Christ of Nazareth shocked Didn't you do Geography in secondary school?

2 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Keegan: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2022
Emuforlife1:
Russia is geographically at advantage. It span across almost 3 continents, reason they said they dont need bases all over the world to strike any part of the Planet. Peace is all we want.

Yes, Peace! However, in the Arctic, Russia dominates. Several Military Bases of theirs are already stationed.

Russia is strategically positioned and in event of cooperation with China going so well it will just be a matter of time for it to solve its economy doldrums.

Russia and China are the future, US and its allies know this quite well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by CSTRR: 8:25am On Mar 15, 2022
bakar007:

They had no choice then, they were having issues with the Brits then ,and they felt they couldn't protect all their territories, they sold it off than lose it.
Yes, Britain was the world power then and not the United States.

They sold it to the US to counter Britain.

It shows how fast things can change.

2 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2022
Olam09:

I hate people who pretend to be intellectual.. the guy was actually true in his argument.. type into google see if google won't prove the foolish op and it's dull supporters wrong.
How can someone be this naive, yet still this bold? shocked

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Invitationn: 8:26am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:

If the Russians hadn't sold Alaska, that region would for sure be a flashpoint between both countries. Imagine Russian exclusively controlling the Bering strait.
Also, the Russian federation might decide to build a base in Alaska; just imagine the US' and Canadians' reaction to that.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by obstead200(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
ok.
First of all, that is the north pole, highly uninhabitable and fucking cold.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by funshint(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
And how did you come up with this?
Your source?
Edit: thanks to those who addressed me in a cultured manner,I got that.

Why should I be ashamed of asking about something I have no idea on?
People on here can be very funny,this is a public forum and I don't think asking questions is wrong.
I rather do than act like I know about it,you shouldn't expect me or anyone to know everything about the world map,I must say I am surprised at the insult.

Fact check:most people insulting me actually don't know about this.
Go to the book store and buy an atlas. Stop displaying ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by BanevsJoker(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2022
anonymous1759:

Make una stop all these nonsense talk . Must every of your decisions be controlled by the western Media? This is irritating. This Ukraine war is still fresh and glaring that Russian forces are lenient with civilians. How many civilian casualties have Ukraine recorded?

Ukrainians still holds protests in conquered Russian territories. Is that not enough to educate you that the Russian military is lenient compared to what your Rambo nation did in Iraq haba.
Do not misunderstand me. The US do not want to risk US civilian lives. That's why none of their wars are fought on US soil. Engaging Russia will change all that due to the Kremlin's nuclear capabilities.
Read my post again and stop behaving like that Comradewhy fellow.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by jimter44(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:

Imagine, Alaska was sold to US by Russia for just $7.2 million. The Russian indeed regretted that deal.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Itistime1984: 8:30am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
they will be isolated and surrounded on every side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Corpses Pile Up In Mykolaiv Morgue, Ukraine (Pictures) / 2500-Year-Old Intact & Sealed Coffins Discovered In Egypt (Pictures) / Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.