Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo (66955 Views)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Jens Stoltenberg: Russia Is Using Cluster Bombs In Ukraine / RUSSIA Is Set To Begin Final Tests On Its Lethal Hypersonic 6100mph Missile(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Invitationn: 8:32am On Mar 15, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
Jesus Christ of Nazareth shocked Didn't you do Geography in secondary school?
The guy is a Flat Earther grin
I find it unbelievable that we still have his kinds on this forum.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2022
mmb:
Just 53 miles apart
Sadist praying for war. Why are some people wicked? Russia is already fighting against Ukraine- people are destitute, killed and running for safety. All you want is Russia to fight the US. Just imagine you and your family in the middle of such war. Repent from being a sadist.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Freebills12: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2022
It's only 53 miles but in practical terms the distance from Alaska to New York is like traveling from Kano to Cameroon, more than that... Alaska was part of Russia until they sold it to US, though they weren't aware of the presence of oil in the land... This is one of the reasons why US and Russia will be perpetual enemy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by boxypane(m): 8:34am On Mar 15, 2022
Wonder why the Nato base could not be sighted there.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 15, 2022
funshint:

Go to the book store and buy an atlas. Stop displaying ignorance.

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 15, 2022
Emuforlife1:
Russia is geographically at advantage. It span across almost 3 continents, reason they said they dont need bases all over the world to strike any part of the Planet. Peace is all we want.

Russia spans only 2 continent. Most of Russia is in Asia. The remaining part is in Europe.

The US is the country at an advantage because it has military bases (in Asia) and NATO countries (housing US military asserts in Europe) that encircles Russia.

2 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by HardMirror(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
World map is confusing or I should just say God is over creative
religious nonsense. You have forgotten the world is a globe? You think the east and west side of the map terminate there you dont know they join to make it a globe? Smh

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by mozel247: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
So why are they afraid of Ukraine joining NATO, when the chief NATO country is their neighbour?

Access to the Black Sea then to Mediterranean and a base in Pacific ocean where they can have more bases in Europe and middle east

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by HardMirror(m): 8:37am On Mar 15, 2022
DerrickzB:

This is misleading, how can the west and east be at each other’s back?? You obviously got to the end of the map and your smart phone showed you where it started again!! You should understand this, if US was that close to Russia so why are they attacking Ukraine for wanting to join nato??
another educated illiterate. Smh. Gosh little wonder nigeria is backward.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Ammishaddai: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
iLoveYouToo:

Just provide a source bro, I've neither lived in US or Russia and have never invested in studying their histories. Drop a source
[/s] It's too early to be stupid . Just Google and see for yourself. Or better still enter wikipedia and see how Russians sold Alaska to the US

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

See geography.

Because Russia don't want to be surrounded by the US from everywhere.

Meanwhile

They have already been surrounded with or without Ukraine.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by HardMirror(m): 8:38am On Mar 15, 2022
scobaba:

U woke up very angry.

Hope all is well at home.

He only asked for source. undecided
and he has a smart phone he cant use abi? He deserved the insults he got from her.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 15, 2022
9jayes:
I told someone here that Russia shares bother with 3 continents he was arguing with me

What are the 3 continents please? I only know Russia is in Europe and Asia, spanning 2 continents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 15, 2022
Latakia:
They share sea border. Russia is the only country that share borders with three continents.

What are the continents please?
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Dandal: 8:41am On Mar 15, 2022
HitSong:
Even Alaska was sold to USA by russi...

If not, Russia would have shared direct land borders with usa

Wrong! Russia would have shared land border with Canada, not usa. FYI, there's no land border between Alaska and mainland usa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2022
Benny6944:

Russia wants it resold to have back their territory. it appeared sometime ago on the news

Lol. Joke of the millennium. The US sell Alaska back to Russia? Lol grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2022
Olam09 see the spot marked red.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Keegan: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2022
seunlayi:

Many never knew, Ukraine is just a trap for Putin.

Most of you know nothing and you are blinded by sentiment, and at the same time failed to learn more.

In my opinion, Russia deliberately attacked Ukraine and Putin did this to study and note NATO reactions. He also waited patiently, allowing them to shipload Military hardwares into Ukraine before attacking the warehouse and foreigners that brought them. If you think Putin is stupid you have to rethink this.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by obedience4(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2022
Russia is not close to the us.. It Is only close to Alaska a united States territory.. Just like us cities in Asia..like Guam and Hawaii.the continental United's States is more far

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by pinkygurl(f): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2022
Olam09:

Oga you're right in your argument.. don't let the OP turn your brain upside down.. compare it yourself with the globe picture I'll post down here.. compare the time zone and see how the op just lied to everyone on this thread.. if they are 53 mile apart why is the time zone not just 3 to 4 hours different from each other..
Check the time zone well.. you'll see a grey side of the globe that's the part backing the sun.. I fit send you the GIF now self. Can you see the foolish OP is a liar?
Oga calm down russia doesnt have one time zone.There is no uniform time in Russia. Time zone of russia spans across two continents. With up to 7hours difference.
If time in moscow is 8am for example, it is only russian time for the european russian cities close to uk or in east europe eg st.petersburg, Kazan,sochi, Time for another person in the asian or siberian parts of same russia can be like 1pm. Cities approaching the asian continent side of Russia like chelyabinsk, etc are on another time zone entirely.
European cities time zone in Russia is GMT+3 (Moscow /european cities time)
Novosibirsk cities time Russia(GMT +7)
Yakutsk time (GMT+9)
Irkutsk time (GMT +8 )
Samara time (GMT +4)
Kaliningrad (GMT+2)
Petripavlosk-kamchatski time zone Russia(GMT +12).
Vladivostok (GMT +11)
Russia has several time zones.Thats why the world cup was restricted to russian cities in or close to european time zones
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Keegan: 8:46am On Mar 15, 2022
For your information Russia can boast of more than 3 strong Military Bases hidden under the thick ice of the Arctic. Also, another big project, an alternative but shorter trade route from Asia to Europe has been in the pipeline, this will affect the present routes greatly.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Amotolongbo(f): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2022
bluefilm:

What's so special about Alaska that will make Russia to be regretting letting it go?
If you read about Alaska, you will know

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by BananaPeel(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
World map is confusing or I should just say God is over creative
The universe is not flat as shown by the map. It's just like making a drawing of an object on a paper......
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2022
Meninmen:

They have already been surrounded with or without Ukraine.
With Ukraine, they are already under siege.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Justice4Toto: 8:46am On Mar 15, 2022
mmb:
Just 53 miles apart

Alaska used to be part of USSR
It was sold to USA when the Soviet have mined all the resources therein
Google it
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Arthur1189: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2022
See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically This is an article about how close Russia is to the US geographically There is a great deal of territory between Russia and the United States, in every direction, and most of it is not part of Russia The article also mentions the vast differences between life in Russia and the United States Russia is a country of vast, vast lands Russia shares the longest border with the United States of any country in the world, and it has a lot of border-like territory with Mongolia Russia has the largest territory of any country in the world In fact, Russia is the second-largest country in the world Russia's total area is 2,578,800 square miles This is smaller than China, and smaller than both South America and Europe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Keegan: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2022
pinkygurl:

Oga calm down russia doesnt have one time zone.There is no uniform time in Russia. Time zone of russia spans across two continents. With up to 7hours difference.
If time in moscow is 8am for example, it is only russian time for the european russian cities close to uk or in east europe eg st.petersburg, Kazan,sochi, Time for another person in the asian or siberian parts of same russia can be like 1pm. Cities approaching the asian continent side of Russia like chelyabinsk, etc are on another time zone entirely.
European cities time zone in Russia is GMT+3 (Moscow /european cities time)
Novosibirsk cities time Russia(GMT +7)
Yakutsk time (GMT+9)
Irkutsk time (GMT +cool
Samara time (GMT +4)
Kaliningrad (GMT+2)
Petripavlosk-kamchatski time zone Russia(GMT +12).
Vladivostok (GMT +11)
Russia has several time zones.Thats why the world cup was restricted to russian cities in or close to european time zones

Russia have 11 time zones!
That is massive.

2 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Maliqcious: 8:49am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
And how did you come up with this?
Your source?
Edit: thanks to those who addressed me in a cultured manner,I got that.

Why should I be ashamed of asking about something I have no idea on?
People on here can be very funny,this is a public forum and I don't think asking questions is wrong.
I rather do than act like I know about it,you shouldn't expect me or anyone to know everything about the world map,I must say I am surprised at the insult.

Fact check:most people insulting me actually don't know about this.
Russia sold Alaska to the United States.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by CapitalCee(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
And how did you come up with this?
Your source?
Edit: thanks to those who addressed me in a cultured manner,I got that.

Why should I be ashamed of asking about something I have no idea on?
People on here can be very funny,this is a public forum and I don't think asking questions is wrong.
I rather do than act like I know about it,you shouldn't expect me or anyone to know everything about the world map,I must say I am surprised at the insult.

Fact check:most people insulting me actually don't know about this.

Oga keep quiet, most of you are simply block heads but will be the first to argue on things youvdint know.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by tonyson010(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2022
thundafire:
That's true the are close through Alaska border which was previously owned by Russia but sold to USA and I know Russia go dey cry and regret grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Russia has so much land mass already. they should multiple their population to occupy much of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by jimtemi1: 8:51am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:
The Alaska itself was sold to US by Russia in 1867.
If not, Na only Canada go separate the contiguous US states from Russia.

I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US. The then US secretary encouraging and signing the deal then was seen as a foolish man (Seward folly), he is now being praised as a man of foresight later on
u research is 100% fact n I love that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 15, 2022
CapitalCee:

Oga keep quiet, most of you are simply block heads but will be the first to argue on things youvdint know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2500-Year-Old Intact & Sealed Coffins Discovered In Egypt (Pictures) / Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.