Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo (66988 Views)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Jens Stoltenberg: Russia Is Using Cluster Bombs In Ukraine / RUSSIA Is Set To Begin Final Tests On Its Lethal Hypersonic 6100mph Missile(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2022
thundafire:
That's true the are close through Alaska border which was previously owned by Russia but sold to USA and I know Russia go dey cry and regret grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I believe they'll try to get it back
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by emmadothings(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
World map is confusing or I should just say God is over creative
U must be the dumbest in your class if you are still in school or the dumbest in your house

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by MrHighSea: 7:41am On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Seriously confusing.

Your map is world map placed flat.
Op's map is the "back side" of the "globe".

Alaska is more like a USA annex.

3 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by generalwo(m): 7:44am On Mar 15, 2022
This post just exposed the foolishness of alot of people..... Shey na una parents sell Alaska for USA abi na una village shrine them for draw the map wen una dey expect everybody to know am?? If una dey so intelligent and updated, we for dey see una names for major platforms say una dey make waves and dey break new grounds..... Instead una dey nairaland dey form lecturers on top map matter... Make devil twist una necks and thunder strike una small intestines into 892 pieces....... Idiots

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by RightToReject(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2022
Literally, the two countries are closer than this, given that the stretch of water between Big Diomede Island (owned by Russia) and Little Diomede Island (owned by the U.S) is only about 2.5 miles wide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by HernanCortes: 7:45am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
So why are they afraid of Ukraine joining NATO, when the chief NATO country is their neighbour?

Obviously Putin is just a lunatic.

All the Nigerian retãrds screaming about buffer zones can now rest

2 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:46am On Mar 15, 2022
rajiedreez:
People have been recorded to trek across from USA to Russia in the winter when the water between them is frozen
It's forbidding bro, it's technically like walking into tomorrow.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by HernanCortes: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:

Nothing confusing about it unless you're a flat-earther
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by unbreaking: 7:48am On Mar 15, 2022
Pretty close I'll say shocked
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Olam09(m): 7:48am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
And how did you come up with this?
Your source?
Edit: thanks to those who addressed me in a cultured manner,I got that.

Why should I be ashamed of asking about something I have no idea on?
People on here can be very funny,this is a public forum and I don't think asking questions is wrong.
I rather do than act like I know about it,you shouldn't expect me or anyone to know everything about the world map.

Oga you're right in your argument.. don't let the OP turn your brain upside down.. compare it yourself with the globe picture I'll post down here.. compare the time zone and see how the op just lied to everyone on this thread.. if they are 53 mile apart why is the time zone not just 3 to 4 hours different from each other..
Check the time zone well.. you'll see a grey side of the globe that's the part backing the sun.. I fit send you the GIF now self. Can you see the foolish OP is a liar?

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by AngelicBeing: 7:48am On Mar 15, 2022
cheesy
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by emmykk(m): 7:48am On Mar 15, 2022
scobaba:

U woke up very angry.

Hope all is well at home.

He only asked for source. undecided

You don't get it...it is a stupid question you ask for source for news that need you to check credibility not something that you can just verified by typing...." How far is USA from Russia"

2 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by HernanCortes: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
I cannot believe this made front page

Anyone with even the least exposure or slightest knowledge of either international politics, geography or history knows that 1. America bought Alaska
2. That's just Alaska (it's still USA but not USA in all its glory, not USA as you know it) (it's more like mainland China and it's sub China's elsewhere so Usa is mainland USA and alaska is like an over sea protectorate on the same content divided/separated by Canada)

This is nonsense. Alaska is legit one of America's fededating states
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Alaefulu(m): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2022
I just taya,some people will just be over doing something making people to feel inferior in knowledge as if no be learn or no be person teach dem weti dem know
generalwo:
This post just exposed the foolishness of alot of people..... Shey na una parents sell Alaska for USA abi na una village shrine them for draw the map wen una dey expect everybody to know am?? If una dey so intelligent and updated, we for dey see una names for major platforms say una dey make waves and dey break new grounds..... Instead una dey nairaland dey form lecturers on top map matter... Make devil twist una necks and thunder strike una small intestines into 892 pieces....... Idiots

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Semaj77(m): 7:50am On Mar 15, 2022
mmb:
Just 53 miles apart

If you don't know this then your knowledge of geography is bad

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 15, 2022
nomenclature:
Why is it that anything a black mans brain can't processs it attributed to god...
grin grin grin grin
That's what Brainwashing does.
It can pit a brother against a brother.
Most people who pilot Christianity & Islam in Nigeria do not know the basic history of their traditional religion, cultural heritage, landmarks in their communities, traditional rulers names, marriage rites in dia communites & many more.
Meanwhile, they know almost everything about a Religion that was handed over to them.

Ain't you surprised? grin grin

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Decency2020(f): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2022
Ojikutumomiage:

BUT Guys, I'm hungry sad

I for say
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Chipper9636: 7:53am On Mar 15, 2022
See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically How close is Russia to the United States geographically? As a general rule, Russia is very close to the United States geographically Even though the Russian Federation is more than 17 million square miles in size, most of the land area is found in Siberia and the Arctic About two thirds of the Russian land mass is located in European Russia Geographically, Alaska is closest to Russia, followed by the western and northern states of the United States The distance between the two countries ranges from 1,100 miles at the Bering Strait to about 2,200 miles at the border with Alaska, Yukon and British Columbia About 55 percent of Russia is located within 800 miles of the Bering Strait The distance between Russia and the U S S R
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by DerrickzB: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2022
mmb:
Just 53 miles apart

This is misleading, how can the west and east be at each other’s back?? You obviously got to the end of the map and your smart phone showed you where it started again!! You should understand this, if US was that close to Russia so why are they attacking Ukraine for wanting to join nato??

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by MisterGrace: 7:56am On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:

The map you have up there doesn't depict the true representation of continent sizes and landmasses.

Only correct in shapes.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kinematics: 7:56am On Mar 15, 2022
This is not news. Who does not know this?
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Themandator: 7:59am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
So why are they afraid of Ukraine joining NATO, when the chief NATO country is their neighbour?

Good point.... If America is closer than Ukraine why the fight with Ukraine and not America
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Olam09(m): 8:00am On Mar 15, 2022
Alaefulu:
I just taya,some people will just be over doing something making people to feel inferior in knowledge as if no be learn or no be person teach dem weti dem know

I hate people who pretend to be intellectual.. the guy was actually true in his argument.. type into google see if google won't prove the foolish op and it's dull supporters wrong.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 15, 2022
Dawn91:

No one cares. Nigeria is facing unprecedented inflation , famine, rising food prices, parents can't afford to keep their kids in schools, parents are owing house rent, companies are shutting down and you are worried about Russia ?

Even in war time Ukrainian people are living better than Nigerians
And they even have steady light during war..
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by godliman: 8:00am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
Putin is just mischievous and wicked. A typical bully. He is just jealous that his former slaves are decamping. The question that is begging for answer is what kind of body odor has Russia that all her friends are decamping.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kinematics: 8:01am On Mar 15, 2022
DerrickzB:

This is misleading, how can the west and east be at each other’s back?? You obviously got to the end of the map and your smart phone showed you where it started again!! You should understand this, if US was that close to Russia so why are they attacking Ukraine for wanting to join nato??

Are you sure you understand Geography?
US is very close to Russia, only the bering strait separates them. Moreover there are NATO countries that share border with Russia eg Estonia and Poland.

3 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by idahme(m): 8:01am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:
The Alaska itself was sold to US by Russia in 1867.
If not, Na only Canada go separate the contiguous US states from Russia.

I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US. The then US secretary encouraging and signing the deal then was seen as a foolish man (Seward folly), he is now being praised as a man of foresight later on

You are right , and the landmass is almost twice the size of Nigeria. Alaska what a beautiful deal
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:03am On Mar 15, 2022
Oshodipikin:
When I read the comments of some children who knows nothing about life not to talk of war here on nairaland, I laff in swahili...

NATO IS AVOIDING WAR WITH RUSSIA FOR YOUR SAKE.
When you try to tell them this they call you several names grin I only ignore most of their uninformed rants now.

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by nogragra: 8:03am On Mar 15, 2022
mmb:
Just 53 miles apart
In fact they are neighbours. A bad one at that!

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by anonymous1759(m): 8:05am On Mar 15, 2022
BanevsJoker:

There is something called mutually assured destruction. It's like getting into a fight with an Agbero. Even if you win, na you lose. First, your fine face go spoil, your white shirt go stain etc.
Russia don't care about civilian casualties, but the US do. Even one US civilian casualty is one too many, but Russia don't care if millions of Russians die in the conflict.

Make una stop all these nonsense talk . Must every of your decisions be controlled by the western Media? This is irritating. This Ukraine war is still fresh and glaring that Russian forces are lenient with civilians. How many civilian casualties have Ukraine recorded?

Ukrainians still holds protests in conquered Russian territories. Is that not enough to educate you that the Russian military is lenient compared to what your Rambo nation did in Iraq haba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California / Putin Launches World's Longest 70 km Underground Rail Line In Russia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.