Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? (31169 Views)

Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / 10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Greystone: 1:40pm On May 14, 2022

Uk, the thing is when i left I always intended to come back, now that i am back, I realize I should have stayed. The thing is it is not that easy to leave once you have a business here and start again abroad as you get older. My advice to anyone is just go and stay there, there is nothing here!!! There is no money that you will make here that can compensate for the insanity that is Nigeria and the mindset of the people. The only excuse for being in Nigeria if you have the option to live in a sane socirty is that 1) Nigeria is where you make your money and 2) you make enough to travel out at will.

Another reason was I didnt want to send my children to primary schools in the Uk, I wanted them to have a Nigerian grounding. The irony is they are now all back in the UK with my wife.

Trust me, Nigeria is GUARANTEED to get worse!

So true.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Greystone: 1:43pm On May 14, 2022

My friend all this grammar you are speaking, people dont move abroad for love, they move abroad for 3 reasons: 1) economic, 2) security 3) health, peace of mind. They move abroad for opportunities that dont exist in their own countries. Even in Nigeria Nigerians are not equal!!

if you want to move abroad, understand why you are moving abroad. You are not going there to be embraced as their long lost son, you are going to give yourself opportunities that dont exist in your country and so long as you respect yourself and dont carry your Nigerian behavior that has spoilt your country you will be fine.

You have said it all.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ENG0701: 3:46pm On May 14, 2022
Deepsea14:
Hi!! Did you go through PACE in ON??

Yes I did.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by IbeOkehie: 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
Bubblewitch:
Hope you know that they arrest blacks first before asking questions?

The best way to drastically reduce the chance of getting arrested is to not commit a serious crime. You can't go around doing crime with the justification that "White people do it too and don't get arrested".

In any case, when it comes to murder, there's nothing to use as an excuse. EVERYONE that can be arrested for murder, is very likely going to be arrested whenever the police can legally do so. You can play semantics with all other crimes, definitely not for murder.

Well, the stats are clear - Black American men comprise 6% of the population in the USA and commit between 40 and 50% of all murders. Go and check and then come back and tell me how racism is to blame for that. I'm a Black Man and I think we can do better.

There's racism EVERYWHERE, in every country including the USA. I've had worse experiences with discrimination in Nigeria. What I'm sure of is that the USA is the most diverse and least racist country in the world. On top of that, it has the BEST combined social, economic and political environment for Black or Negro people. There's no better place for a Black Person to live than the USA. Take it anywhere...find a better country and prove me wrong.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Kobicove(m): 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
Bifwoli:
Have you lived abroad for extended time to authoritatively say that ?

You don't have to have lived abroad to know this afterall most Americans think the African continent is a single country
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Gerrard59(m): 12:45am On Oct 10, 2023
abike12:

It's just reality. Human beings typically prefer people who are just like them and most of these countries have years and years of institutionalized racism. Even when you don't see it, best believe that it's there. It affects promotions at work, it affects children's experiences in school, it affects life as a whole. How bad it is depends The pride that your children will have in their skin color and culture will come from them watching you. What will they learn from a self-hating parent that speaks poorly about their people? Most importantly, don't break any laws or keep friends that break laws, you will find out that black people typically get harsher sentences. Try to get into a high paying field, comfort is important. Money lowers the voice of racism - when you can afford really nice things, eat at fancy restaurants and shop at certain places, etc but it won't take it away.

https://www.nairaland.com/5886610/racism-against-blacks-reduce-drastically

When will I ever be wrong? shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night / UK Based Zimbabwean Slay Queen Begs For Money Online To Renew Her Visa / Mercedes Benz Catches Fire In Port-Harcourt, Family Of 6 Escapes Death - photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.