Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? (31175 Views)

Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / 10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2022
I've associated and worked with Westerners, so I know that they will respect you if you present yourself well even if you're black

And you're not getting my point either but whatever

Piekna:

It still will not make the average white person know you’re Nigerian because you’re black that’s the point. You’ve obviously never lived abroad so you’re arguing blindly. Peace

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by shege45: 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
ike007:

Then go back to where you came from
you be mumu bro. They asked the cons and I replied, I tell you said I wan go back? I don’t normally insult pple here but dis ur reply pain me. E no go better for ur mamA. Idiot
Low life person
U fit b small pikin wey dey hide behind phone. If
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Aboguede(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
bepositive11:
Yes, I will soon go to the Western world but I've already associated and worked with Westerners.

If you present yourself well, whites will respect you even if you're black. Period.

Mr. Man abi woman

Abeg go fine work

U dey talk nonsense shocked
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ENG0701: 12:31am On Apr 02, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:

Chief, Good day

I'm a Pharmacy student here in Nigeria, and Canada has always been my dream country. I'll like to ask you some questions regarding migrating to Canada. Please can I send you a PM?

Yes, you can
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 1:44am On Apr 02, 2022
Lol. Go find work? You don't know who you're talking to

You don't have whites who respect you. That's the problem. Keep believing what you want

Aboguede:

Mr. Man abi woman

Abeg go fine work

U dey talk nonsense shocked
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 8:55am On Apr 03, 2022
shege45:
you be mumu bro. They asked the cons and I replied, I tell you said I wan go back? I don’t normally insult pple here but dis ur reply pain me. E no go better for ur mamA. Idiot
Low life person
U fit b small pikin wey dey hide behind phone. If

My mom is late and may my ancestors make them deport you and never allow any country in the west allow you to enter their soil ever again. I won't insult your mom my mom brought me up better. But upon you o lord do I cast this man and his insult upon my mother who is late to bear. May he not ever make it when he gets deported to Nigeria in the mighty name of our lord . Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2022
perambulator:

Mainland Europe is the contiguous continent of Europe, excluding its surrounding islands. Yes Spain in my experience is the most blatantly racist country I have ever been to, you can actuallly "feel" the racism in the air.

BTW it is "worse" not "worst"

I stand to be corrected. How could I have made such a mistake.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by shege45: 11:42am On Apr 03, 2022
ike007:

My mom is late and may my ancestors make them deport you and never allow any country in the west allow you to enter their soil ever again. I won't insult your mom my mom brought me up better. But upon you o lord do I cast this man and his insult upon my mother who is late to bear. May he not ever make it when he gets deported to Nigeria in the mighty name of our lord . Amen
You just come online and talk rubbish because you can. Abi this one pain you. That was how i felt. I am satisfied. Next time you won’t try this. Cow
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2022
shege45:
You just come online and talk rubbish because you can. Abi this one pain you. That was how i felt. I am satisfied. Next time you won’t try this. Cow

You will sha get deported..I'm sure.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 9:15am On Apr 04, 2022
tshtsh:
I never worked in the west. Was a student (4 years in Maryland and 2 years in Edinburgh). In Nigeria my employer has also never owed me ( on my third job now). But I’m aware that some organisations face this challenge but my strategy has been to only work for well established multi-national organisations due to their stability and structure

Because of your certificate
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by tshtsh: 9:41am On Apr 04, 2022
ike007:

Because of your certificate
Has nothing to do with that. In software engineering paper certificates don’t get the work done and employers know this. I’ll forever leave grateful to my mentors and who showed me the way. One of them once advised me to turn down an offer which was going to pay me almost three times what I was earning and I didn’t hesitate because his reason was valid.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Piekna(f): 9:59am On Apr 04, 2022
bepositive11:
I've associated and worked with Westerners, so I know that they will respect you if you present yourself well even if you're black

And you're not getting my point either but whatever

You’ve associated doesn’t mean you’ve lived amongst them. The overwhelming majority of them are racist and that’s on periodt

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Adeja: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2022
chatinent:
But why do they call people wey fair well well for Nigeria black in the US? Is it colour blindness or what?

Black is a race, not complexion. So far you're from an African country or you belong to the Black American race, you're a black

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by shege45: 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
ike007:

You will sha get deported..I'm sure.
ok thanks. When it happens, na your house i go come stay oooo. Hope say una get plenty room
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by chatinent: 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2022
Adeja:

Black is a race, not complexion. So far you're from an African country or you belong to the Black American race, you're a black

I'm not black.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Cousin9999: 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Americans are f**king dūmb. It's not a stereotype.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2022
Cousin9999:
Americans are f**king dūmb. It's not a stereotype.

Really? And where is your evidence to support that theory?
How have smart Nigerians advanced your country beyond that of “dumb Americans”?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2022
bepositive11:
Lol. Go find work? You don't know who you're talking to
You don't have whites who respect you. That's the problem. Keep believing what you want

Some of your points are very true.Not all Whites are racist and Whites respect those who demand respect. If a White person who is racist feels that they can intimidate a person then they will because they thrive on the weak and uninformed. People who demand respect are knowledgeable about racial discrimination laws and hate crime legislation and will quickly get a disrespectful or racist White fired if they show blatant racism and disrespect, whether they work at the same company or not.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 2:28am On Apr 05, 2022
Interesting perspective. Glad to see someone who gets what I'm saying

I agree though that with hard core racists, it's harder to earn their respect

1stGenAmerican:

Some of your points are very true.Not all Whites are racist and Whites respect those who demand respect. If a White person who is racist feels that they can intimidate a person then they will because they thrive on the weak and uninformed. People who demand respect are knowledgeable about racial discrimination laws and hate crime legislation and will quickly get a disrespectful or racist White fired if they show blatant racism and disrespect, whether they work at the same company or not.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 2:30am On Apr 05, 2022
Well, I will live among them soon

Piekna:

You’ve associated doesn’t mean you’ve lived amongst them. The overwhelming majority of them are racist and that’s on periodt

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Cousin9999: 3:42am On Apr 05, 2022
bepositive11:
Interesting perspective. Glad to see someone who gets what I'm saying

I agree though that with hard core racists, it's harder to earn their respect

Why would you want to earn the "respect" of a piece of s**t?
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2022
shege45:
ok thanks. When it happens, na your house i go come stay oooo. Hope say una get plenty room

God forbids and I reject every thing that has to do with deportation or anything like that in your life and others in Jesus name amen. Can't wish Nigeria upon my enemy sef. May you over succeed over there, wherever you are in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen. Enjoy
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by shege45: 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
ike007:

God forbids and I reject every thing that has to do with deportation or anything like that in your life and others in Jesus name amen. Can't wish Nigeria upon my enemy sef. May you over succeed over there, wherever you are in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen. Enjoy
thank you my brother. It’s all love
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Bukkiminat(f): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2022
ENG0701:
For me the biggest con is starting afresh. It took me a while to make up my mind because of that about relocating to Canada because of that, but thank God I did. I got my license in about a year and half and now I'm practicing as a pharmacist.

The other issues people complain of are mostly personal. You can overcome loneliness if you are ready to socialize and make new friends.

Weather is bearable, just 2 months of bad weather (depending on province)

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Bukkiminat(f): 9:56am On Apr 30, 2022
ENG0701:
For me the biggest con is starting afresh. It took me a while to make up my mind because of that about relocating to Canada because of that, but thank God I did. I got my license in about a year and half and now I'm practicing as a pharmacist.

The other issues people complain of are mostly personal. You can overcome loneliness if you are ready to socialize and make new friends.

Weather is bearable, just 2 months of bad weather (depending on province)

Hello, I'm a pharmacist in Nigeria. Do you mind if I send you a mail?
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ENG0701: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2022
Bukkiminat:

Hello, I'm a pharmacist in Nigeria. Do you mind if I send you a mail?

Hi Bukkiminat, yes you can send me a mail
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Bukkiminat(f): 4:55pm On May 02, 2022
ENG0701:

Hi Bukkiminat, yes you can send me a mail

Please check your mail ���
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 2:23am On May 03, 2022
lagonovo:

Enough with this Billionaires don't leave Nigeria argument.

Billionaires in Togo, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Chad, Burundi, Rwanda, Somalia, Haiti tend to mostly live in their country as their money ensures maximum comfort anywhere they choose to live, so this has nothing special to do with Nigeria.
True
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ENG0701: 2:36am On May 03, 2022
Bukkiminat:

Please check your mail ���
Hi, I have replied
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Focusmind: 9:49am On May 03, 2022
Loneliness. Gush! I hate that thing. Forget the interactions and gatherings of Nigerians and parties that happens once in a while. After that, you are back to your loneliness. Call your friends for an adventure somewhere, some will tell you that they are working. People were really shuttling between jobs to make ends meet. Rat race everywhere.

Racism: I never experienced that in UK. I packaged my self very well, with good sense of dressing. I participated well in the affairs of my parish, Catholic church and made lots of Scottish friends in the Paris that always invited me to their houses for Sunday lunch.
Even while working in a hospital, I got along well with my white colleagues and the chief matron. One volunteered to be picking me up from my place to the hospital. I was the only black person in the hospital.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Etinosa1234: 7:35pm On May 03, 2022
yunqdady:

8 is not a con. Come back to your country if you can't abide or cope.

That's why its a con lol
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Deepsea14: 12:53pm On May 14, 2022
Hi!! Did you go through PACE in ON??

ENG0701:

I just got my license less than 3 months ago. I know it's more challenging for Drs, but I have Dr friends that are licensed in Canada

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road / Benin-Warri Road Is Bad, Movement Halted (Photos) / Unbelievable!!! Truck Breaks Into Two At PWD Bus-stop, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.