Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,805 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? (10252 Views)

Why I Cut Off Contacts From My Family After Marrying My Nigerian Man- White Lady / My Akwa ibom Nairalanders What Series Are You Watching / I'm Not Marrying My Girlfriend Again, Her Boobs Have Fallen (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Wizywiz(m): 9:56am On Mar 21, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
why?
I was once married to one...but I can tell u that was my worst moment in life...can't begin to relate the lies....and all I went through in her hands for 5years.....no be everything man they see talk.... honestly I can never get close to any Akwaibom lady not even for ordinary friendship....I have fled....

1 Like

Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by VERDA: 10:00am On Mar 21, 2022
Saint1960:

Bro I won’t really condemn your mother decision
Those from that region are always wicked
Always have issue given birth I have encountered many
I’m not trying to condemn your decision
Your mum just want the best for you
Although yours might be different

This is a very stupid statement to make about a whole tribe, I don't know how you guys reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Wizywiz(m): 10:08am On Mar 21, 2022
Mercychen:

Op, one of the reasons your mom is not consenting is this right here. Imagine the above..

They are so agressive and any little thing they'll switch to their dialect and finish you. Civilization is pretty far from them as they refused to reformed. Not insulting them but simply stating my experience with them. Above all inferiority complex Sabi worry many of them ... always feeling cheated

Very dangerously agressive.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by sageb: 10:14am On Mar 21, 2022
Promzy99:
I am from Abia State nd am seriously dating nd engaged with an Akwa Ibom Girlfriend. Personally, she's very matured, gives me peace of mind nd understands relationship very well unlike other girls I have been with. But my parents, particularly my Mum, keeps giving me reasons why I shouldn't trade with females from that region. Am feeling some how nd I need advice from u guys. Pls, if u have any personal experience of dating or marrying from Akwa Ibom, pls share.

Akwa Ibom girls are cool and hardworking.
They have the best delicacies, they can cook very well.
Your mother's choice though
Your life, your decision, your cross to bear.

1 Like

Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Wizywiz(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Your mom is a woman and she knows a bad or a good woman when she sees one. She as more experience. But if you insiste you love your babe. Then go ahead and marry. Na you go come back to Nairaland come gist us after some months or years of your marriage. I wish u the best.
I wish he hears and listen that was how my dad warned me about mine ..I dey form jagaban...dey form nobody should choose for me....after 5years my eyes clear....@Op flee ooo..instead u go north go find Fulani babe it's better for you : embarassed
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Wizywiz(m): 10:54am On Mar 21, 2022
My own no even get womb join wasted 5years
Mummytoo:

I personally know an awka-ibom woman that pretended for 4yrs doing good wife material, d man was convinced and married her

My brother after marriage game change o, she refused washing his clothes or giving him sex

Las las marriage scatter after looking for fruit of d womb, only one pikin dem later get

I'm not discouraging u, I want u to look well be4 u leap, also pray about it

Seek counsel
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Wizywiz(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2022
Promzy99:
My babe is 4rm a godly home. Her manners are exceptional. Shes 33 Nd am 30, yet she respects me 2 d core. Currently, i have nt seen any unmanageable fault with her. Shes very principled nd truthful though. Except she changes in d future, but 4 nw, am very comfortable with her. No symptoms of infidelity yet.
look before u leap....mine then pretended to be an angel of light at the end she is not close to that with so many hidden secrets...my brother the shine ya eyes ooo.. moreover if u don't understand their language and she doesn't hear or speak ur language..na one chance ooo..
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by abokikhalifa: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2022
Wizywiz:
I wish he hears and listen that was how my dad warned me about mine ..I dey form jagaban...dey form nobody should choose for me....after 5years my eyes clear....@Op flee ooo..instead u go north go find Fulani babe it's better for you : embarassed
Forget wokeness bro. Sometimes it's good we listen to wise elders advise. We may be thinking we know much but guy, we never Sabi life like them
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by VenumX: 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
HumbIeGuy Satanicsatanist aka abiodunjonah aka Decryptor:
I can generate thousands of accounts in micro seconds, so calling the mods to ban me doesn't mean anything.
Congratulations anyway you just made yourself into my trolling lists and I'll make this forum uncomfortable for you. Mynd44. I have broken rule 2,3,8 and 19. Ban my account and delete all my comments
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Wizywiz(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Forget wokeness bro. Sometimes it's good we listen to wise elders advise. We may be thinking we know much but guy, we never Sabi life like them
exactly...
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Beltz(m): 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
Dickson178:
me sef can't marry from my place. Too hard there bro . It's what's. Take it like that.
Guy nah u be the only akwa ibomite wia i deh see for here, well done! But me i no deh fear to marry from there oh, we will go prepared. Juju deh look face the work ni.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Beltz(m): 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
please, what are their rites and culture?
Their traditional rite is diabolical. Some places in akwa ibom like annang are knwn for such diabolical practise that can end an individual or destabilize ur marriage. Ladies are the victims here, especially first daughter. Thats why some end up nt marrying or marry late. You must adhere to all the traditional rites without objection else you will cause problem for yourself and ur marriage, so it's better you back out while there's time. If the girl/ladies parent do not consent to the marriage, pls dnt force it, else you will regret it. Akwa ibom people and juju nah 5&6 (i dont mean to insult, but it's the truth). Truth is not all families involves theirselves in such diabolical practise because most are christian families who have for long denounce such a practise.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by FalseProphet1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
Many of them are witches, and they love doing house girl work, your mum is trying to avoid the whole females in her family coming to your house to do house girl.

She wants you to have a peaceful home.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Dickson178(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
Beltz:
Guy nah u be the only akwa ibomite wia i deh see for here, well done! But me i no deh fear to marry from there oh, we will go prepared. Juju deh look face the work ni.
no be juju guy . Forget only me knows what I mean
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Beltz(m): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
Dickson178:
no be juju guy . Forget only me knows what I mean
Okay man.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
Fear that tribe!
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Beltz(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Many of them are witches, and they love doing house girl work, your mum is trying to avoid the whole females in her family coming to your house to do house girl.

She wants you to have a peaceful home.

This I have seen.
And this is coming from a false prophet...smh!
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Uptheante(m): 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2022
VEXT:

But u still Bleep them angry angry
Konji na bastard
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by PrinceDoctor(m): 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
Going through comments here really breaks my heart! Why we are so tribalistic? Not necessarily because I am from Akwa Ibom, but because as people who are in this age, we should grow above this mentality of categorizing everybody from a particular tribe as this or that. We might have bad experiences with people from a particular tribe, it doesn't mean that everybody from that tribe are the same. No tribe is complete.

I wanted to marry from Igbo or Yoruba tribe most especially Igbo because I love their culture and language. I've been in a church of Igbo Brethren and I'm always moved in the spirit when Igbo songs are raised.

According to God's plan, I married my friend from my tribe, with a son, and named him Princewill-Uchenna. My next child will be given a Yoruba name, next Hausa, and my fourth (last) child my tribe. These children will cross-marry from different tribes.

In my little way, I'll break tribalism and make people see that we can truly be one. Humanity first before tribe or religion.

To the OP, don't follow sentiment, marry who your spirit accepts, it's your cross to bear.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by holicupp(m): 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
VEXT:

Pls focus on your baby factory machines
bad and good people co exist everywhere so all this ur rant is nonsense
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by SpyAC(m): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
studentwriter:
na your ashawo mama and Useless papa wey bring idiot like you come this world I blame
same to you and your generations, say same to your mum and dad when you get home, if at all you get them.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Boniwhite: 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2022
Juliet751:
That why i like you,your the best.
farm tool! No join fernandezisback bash men oh! Cos i'ma take you to the cleaner. Respect ya sef
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Boniwhite: 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
Uptheante:

Ur women are worse.
Due to their high sexual libido, they Bleep almost any kind of man for free : agbero,
ritualist, armed robbers, truck pushers, etc.
Infact, anything that has dick can easily Bleep them for free
Pls if you love yourself and dont want to throw away your identit, then avoid akwa ibom women like plaque! They are merchant of badluck.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Thanks woman.. cheesy smiley wink Hope to see more of your contribution.. wink
Hi good evening.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Uptheante(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
Boniwhite:
Pls if you love yourself and dont want to throw away your identit, then avoid akwa ibom women like plaque! They are merchant of badluck.
Explain pls
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
Boniwhite:
farm tool! No join fernandezisback bash men oh! Cos i'ma take you to the cleaner. Respect ya sef
Hmmmm.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
Boniwhite:
and how is that your business?
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Boniwhite: 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
Uptheante:

Explain pls
what is there to explain? It is obvious to all to see. Not just their women but men also are something else! They are less productive, an average akwa ibom native problem is afang soup and sex! Magana yakari! Akwa ibom people live for the moment. I have traveled far and wide the nation and most of the tribe i 've met got identity and heritage but akwa ibom people. Maybe their soup is their heritage, afang edikaikong dem
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Boniwhite: 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2022
Juliet751:
and how is that your business?
The world doesnt revolve around your vagina,so be humble. And nairaland is not ya father's forum so i got the right to air my views. Like i said if you are eager to fall into depression then go ahead and bash men, i will just throw ya skeletons out.
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
Boniwhite:
The world doesnt revolve around your vagina,so be humble. And nairaland is not ya father's forum so i got the right to air my views. Like i said if you are eager to fall into depression then go ahead and bash men, i will just throw ya skeletons out.
and it also not ya father's forum too,I no send your papa✌✌✌
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Boniwhite: 11:42pm On Mar 21, 2022
Juliet751:
and it also not ya father's forum too,I no send your papa✌✌✌
Farm tool! Go and be hoeing around,we all know how cheap you are already
Re: Why Are My Parents Afraid Of Me Marrying My Akwa Ibom Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2022
Boniwhite:
Farm tool! Go and be hoeing around,we all know how cheap you are already
don quote me!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Kind Of Gift Can U Give A Guy? / How To Make Her Want You Bad - 3 Tips To Make Her Feel Massive Desire For You / See How Her husband Grabs Her Bumbum "Marriage Goals" So Sexy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.