Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. (37143 Views)

Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by PearlFid(f): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2022
A woman will only act inconsiderately if she has pride(competing with friends) or receiving wrong advice from friends and family or she caught you cheating or suspect you cheating and she wants to extort you. Be wise, pray before you confront her and we watchful.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by snoopz: 11:47am On Mar 22, 2022
Na her friends dey put Bobo for her head, give her 2k next month then you will know if she was really made for you abi na your money
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by ImaIma1(f): 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
degamonn:
The other parts are not really my concern here neither do have advice in that respect.
My concern is somebody who is working and she requires 1k every day as transportation cost of which proceeds are not used to the benefit of your immediate family is what baffles me.
You do that for love right? clap for yourself

Won't it be better for her to stay at home so that he can save 20k plus on her tfare. She's not even using her salary to assist. Her working is a burden on her husband.

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by BananaPeel(m): 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.

She is supposed to be a help meet; to complement. She has to know her duty as a wife . Set her down and communicate with her. You have to set down the rules in your home and stamp your authority.

Let her know your dreams for the home and family and ask her to support you as you both build it together. It demands her openess, dedication and commitment.
Let her start contributing to the upkeep of the home and it will give her a sense of responsibility and belonging.
A lot women forget that their roles are very important in building the home and family
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by threegees(f): 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.
God when cry cry cry
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Topzee109: 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport
*Snacks for the kids and miscellaneous on her own side.
Let the man make it like 70k at least.

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife

You're the dumbest person alive, see comparison, I can eat a meal with 500 naira but can never get the same with 1 dollar in fact with 5 dollar

Why comparing with different currency
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by BluntCrazeMan: 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Aguodo:

I really don't know why some behave like that. What does she do with her money? They prefer to answer widow and begin to whip sentiments and perhaps pity from the public. That's the time they will know that at times two is better than one.
We know things are getting harsher by the day, but common sense should tell her that this calls for dialogue with a peaceful mind instead of throwing tantrums.
Please my brother add small thing say 10k to the upkeep money just for your dear life. My worry is that you just started biz and trying to stand. Do your best. This same issue is what my friend just complained about yesterday. Woman are almost same. I give mine 140k/month even with me doing bulk purchases for the family of 6, in fact I buy things already included in the 140k, yet she complains. No be only you dey the shoe bro.
Find happiness.
My brother, continue trying your best.
God is your strength.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Fantazy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
Goldbw122:
Well before you marry her, I know that you it was manageable because the country was easy before but now the country is a more complex situation now, we are at war in a silent way, 50k will not be enough to take care of family a month trust me, she is not doing any job, so how will she cope.. and everything rely on you.. so there is a problem, so you need to fix the problem by telling her to start a job or do something like a trade.. and make something good..

I wonder why people comment on posts without reading it!
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by BluntCrazeMan: 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
Emmanuel30a:
O Man...D wife is working...He also buys bags of rice everytime it finish...D problem was caused by d man...U shd not marry without agreement on how&what u&ur wife would carry.U dont discuss that after marriage...Well, pple are marrying 4 various reasons with different mentality.D victims' marriage was not built on CHRIST d solid rock...Marry who u can carry...
Even if they didn't discuss such before marriage,, What then are “NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS” for
He can introduce his new plans on the 31st December Night, or on the NEW YEAR DAY Morning.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Leomalli47: 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
yunqdady:

You are foolish one with local mentality. This is why this place is called a forum. What he has done is the right thing to do. Not everyone is stupid and local like you.
Abeg OGA/MADAM please tel me how local I am concerning my post?? Are u in the right place to council him, u dey experience? U know the kind answer or rather suggestions brought before him which may cause him confusion on concentrating whose suggestions is best for him? Well I don’t blame u cos na people like u dey set ur home on fire putting the blames on village people. Let me ask u a question if a fight engages between u Nd ur spouse for instance who go come to ur aid first?, friends,families or forum?.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by apple30(f): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport
*Snacks for the kids and miscellaneous on her own side.
Let the man make it like 70k at least.

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife
wat d man is giving is fair ,n she is also working too..i think she av issue with adjusting ,I remember b4 buhari I use to cook with cow head #1500 per kilo n big Titus for #500 but now cow head is over 3500 per kilo n standard size Titus fish is 1k per one so I adjusted by using thick Kpomo n kpanla fish ,I can not use almost 10k for one pot of soup so I improvise …all she need is to improvise ..
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by asto70: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
Some women sha , so she is not grateful with that amount ,nawah o
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by asto70: 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Mercychen:
Start handling the upkeep yourself. Don't give her a dime again.

Maybe she has friends she's trying to compete with or brag to about how much her mumu gives her for upkeep.

Maybe she's also saving part of it.

If truly the money is only for upkeep, then shes not prudent. Stop giving her altogether.

honestly she is not prudent ,the man is really trying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by mignone(f): 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Husband and wife no be master and slave relationship. The man ought to sit together with his wife at the table, with paper and pencil in hand to plot out exactly how much it costs to feed the family regularly, and this should take place every month so they are in sync. Apart from feeding, the man should make certain his wife is aware of how much he pays each month for light bill, gas etc. undecided

Also, he claims his wife works as well but how much did they both agree would be her contribution as far as upkeep of what is after all her own family? undecided
Brother, u may be right but a wise woman builds her home. Must she&her husband go to d round table bf she can augment her very own family finances if need be? We're also family women&as high as prices of goods are, 50k for just feeding &nt all other bulk purchases is more than enof for a prudent woman. The man even claims to give her 1k t.fare or wateva every day- extra 20-22k. Haba! Make she fear God na. Abegi, d lady in question is a 'thorn in d flesh' if this guy is telling d whole truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by mignone(f): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
BluntNigerian:
Inost African families, the men usually tend to bear the whole burden without communicating with the wife, until he is just about to break down.
Then he would start seeking for help outside the family, even without letting the wife know.
Well, she wldnt knw d status of her husband's business if only they don't communicate at all.
However, must a man's business dwindle or d man complain bf a good wife decides to be prudent with or sensitive enof to her family needs. In fact, Y can't she just take up sm responsibilities since she works?
Isn't it honourable for d husband to come home in certain days to meet either a bag of rice, new 25kg cylinder+cooker, etc & when he asks, tell him "paid in full".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by mignone(f): 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
degamonn:
The other parts are not really my concern here neither do have advice in that respect.
My concern is somebody who is working and she requires 1k every day as transportation cost of which proceeds are not used to the benefit of your immediate family is what baffles me.
You do that for love right? clap for yourself
Well, d lady is jst an ingrate (going by d story). My husband many times fuels d car I drive to work but I'm nt slack either. Many things he wldnt even realise I settled until much later. I jst wonder if women as such weren't married, wldnt they pay their own bills?

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by mignone(f): 11:16pm On Mar 22, 2022
Cardealer2021:

I will surely do that bro
Although I hate single Parenthood, but it's surely Bette than getting married due to infidelity of our Nigeria ladies
With whom do they practice d said infidelity if I may ask?
Doesn't it take 2 to tango?
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by mignone(f): 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
This is something that true communication would solve.
Let them put heads together and solve the family’s financial mathematics.
With that, they would know how much each would be contributing,, or the amount the man would be dropping.
Simple.
But wait Y must there be a round table meeting before sm women can support their families, even while they earn reasonably?
I just don't get
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by BluntCrazeMan: 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
mignone:

But wait Y must there be a round table meeting before sm women can support their families, even while they earn reasonably?
I just don't get
It’s because of the natural mentality of such women, that it is the sole duty and responsibility of the man in their lives to take care of her, whether she is working or not.
Hence the popular saying that was attributed to such women: “His money is Our Money, But My Money Is My Money”.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by booz(m): 9:42am On Mar 24, 2022
Quite simple and straightforward, explore budgeting option and bulk purchases. You both sit down and draw a budget of what the available money can afford and learn to buy things in chain-bulk ( because most times you buy in bulk this month might last two months ore more, while some might last a week or two). Buy studying the pattern, you'll know when each item will be due. I only spend on my family with reckless abandon when I have more than excess, outside that we spend on budget.

Most times, your wife just wants you to get involved. When you as a husband is involved, you'll see the reality in clarity, you'll be able to judge whether the monthly upkeep will suffice or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ladies Which Of These Have You Done Before? / Four Generations Photo Of 4 Women / Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.