Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. (37085 Views)

Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by ultimate77(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2022
Goldbw122:
Well before you marry her, I know that you it was manageable because the country was easy before but now the country is a more complex situation now, we are at war in a silent way, 50k will not be enough to take care of family a month trust me, she is not doing any job, so how will she cope.. and everything rely on you.. so there is a problem, so you need to fix the problem by telling her to start a job or do something like a trade.. and make something good..

She also working - a good work for that matter, and I give her 1k everyday for transport

Read well!!
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
newdawn2017:
after all it's her home too. Why will a man be leaving & sleep with his enemy I'm marriage bewilders me to say d least. shocked what then is d essence of d union & one flesh arrangements??
According to the African tales, the union is so the men can beat their chests as "head of house" grin

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Onyeziokwu(m): 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2022
Malory:
Then he should stop giving her any amount at all until her brain reset

Honestly my brother, one of the reasons many of us are scared of the union called marriage.

She's working oooo naija women, Una too mean tbh.
Once she succeed in sending the young man to his early grave (God forbid), she'll quickly leave the marriage.

Although oyibo get their own problem but they're supportive.

Oyibo lady with a source of income it's always 50/50, not to talk of having a good job
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by flokii: 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2022
She see 50k, she no thank God.. what should guys that lost their jobs during covid now say? or business owners who are finding it hard to make sales..

If tables were turned now, I'm certain she wouldn't agree to drop 5k for the man and her kids to feeds. Guys are truly the head of every family unit.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by 234GT(m): 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
ransomed:
Stop giving her 1k every day, increase the monthly kitchen budget to 70k and let her return the boy to his parents. Whoever can kpekus and it results to a baby should be able to father the baby.
Do not listen to sentimental plea from an unappreciative Eve.

Na only you get sense for this thread.

The 9 year old should be returned to the parents. You should only house a 9 year old if and only if BOTH parents are dead.

Return the child to his or her parents. This is the first step �‍♂️
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Olivertwist1985: 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
Marriage of nowadays is only God will intervened. Girls of this generation, I don't know what they want. Iam facing the same problem, for now I don't advice any single guy to marry, I always tell them marriage is a hell.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by tibatobi: 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
Treat women with kala formula from the act of seduction written by.....
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by emmanuelbrown26: 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:

I will surely do that bro
Although I hate single Parenthood, but it's surely Bette than getting married due to infidelity of our Nigeria ladies
My brother your own better ohhhh. Gv d baby nice upbringing, focus on your business and see yourself live long, forget about marriage. Nigerian women are toxic ohhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by clericuzzio(m): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
you are only a SIMPle man.

peace out
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by ghettochild(m): 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
Oga since u dey take high blood pressure pills n ur wife dey threaten u..
Make u kukuma tell her u go leave the house for her ooo...if she no go manage 50k...make she add from her salary.
So her own salary na for keeps abi??
Na this kain thing dey mk me fear marriage
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by densiks: 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
I'm sorry but you are a fool
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by DKM123: 11:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nairaland is full of poverty stricken men, though. No real men on this platform. Just poor small boys and touts.. #50k for a family of 4 in this present Buhari's Nigeria?

That's like 12k each for a month on food.

That's like #400 for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

That's like #140 naira for each meal

Kai! Kai! Kai!

How much is a piece of meat in the local buka? I am sure OP will always insist for big meat in his food o.

Yet they are attacking the poor woman as if she is committing an abomination. Nairaland is full of poverty stricken mofos. Walahi.

Why not go to the market yourself OP and go and shop. When you buy 4liters of local groundnut oil alone for 8k and same 4 litres of palm oil for 3k, your eye go neat. You will wonder wether you lost money. Thanks to Buhari.

You better seat her down and appeal to her to try and manage the money and that's NOT BECAUSE it is ENOUGH and adequate but BECAUSE that's all you have. There is a way you will show love and pet your woman and she will actually perform magic. Don't listen to this small boys on nairaland that are experts at romancing poverty, if not your marriage will just scatter.

BTW, OP, if you like go and impregnate her again inside that #50k. Then expect her to do abracadabra. You will kuku kpeme from extra high blood pressure. If you are not financially ready to start a family, then don't get married and bring kids into the world to suffer but you people will not listen. Is marriage by force? Those waiting to be financially capable before venturing, are they f*oools? School fees hasn't even started and there is already fire on the mountain! Instead of strategizing how to improve your finance, you are running to nairaland to report your wife! One poor decision after another.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by grandstar(m): 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
BluntNigerian

50k should about do. for a month. Also, she should be adding to the upkeep allowance rather than expecting you to bear everything.

She feels entitled and that's the mentality of many of the girls here while they pocket their own money.

Well, you're now married. So, you must do your best that the marriage succeeds. If giving extra will adversely affect your new business, you have to put your foot down. An alternative is that you stop giving her 1k a day (run for your life grin) and instead add it to the food money.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by grandstar(m): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mercychen:
Start handling the upkeep yourself. Don't give her a dime again.

Maybe she has friends she's trying to compete with or brag to about how much her mumu gives her for upkeep.

Maybe she's also saving part of it.

If truly the money is only for upkeep, then shes not prudent. Stop giving her altogether.

Solid advise! Give this man 1,000 likes
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by grandstar(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Husband and wife no be master and slave relationship. The man ought to sit together with his wife at the table, with paper and pencil in hand to plot out exactly how much it costs to feed the family regularly, and this should take place every month so they are in sync. Apart from feeding, the man should make certain his wife is aware of how much he pays each month for light bill, gas etc. undecided

Also, he claims his wife works as well but how much did they both agree would be her contribution as far as upkeep of what is after all her own family? undecided

I am sure he has done all these. Nigerian women can feel very entitled. It is depressing
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by InvertedHammer: 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
/

Wedding is the easiest thing. grin grin grin

If only they know, the money wasted on wedding entertainment would have been saved for marriage.

/
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by DECENTBWOY: 11:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
Goldbw122:
Well before you marry her, I know that you it was manageable because the country was easy before but now the country is a more complex situation now, we are at war in a silent way, 50k will not be enough to take care of family a month trust me, she is not doing any job, so how will she cope.. and everything rely on you.. so there is a problem, so you need to fix the problem by telling her to start a job or do something like a trade.. and make something good..
You no go read post, you go just open mouth waaaah de talk nonsense angry angry
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Toktee(m): 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2022
on4a:

Are you married?? Our people say, who no go no know...dear poster, avoid listening to people who are inexperienced and do not understand what marriage is.
This is ten yrs now....my why work likewise i,despite coming from a rich home she understand management.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Originalsly: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
Bro.... tell her the nephew has to go...... food is too expensive in the market ... you can no longer afford to feed him.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by obyikye(f): 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
Oil dey your head.
Hmmmmm. Can you imagine? 50k for one month for two adults, pre teen and a toddler...

DKM123:
Nairaland is full of poverty stricken men, though. No real men on this platform. Just poor small boys and touts.. #50k for a family of 4 in this present Buhari's Nigeria?

That's like 15k each for a month on food.

That's like #500 for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

That's like #150 naira for each meal

Kai! Kai! Kai!

How much is a piece of meat in the local buka? I am sure OP will always insist for big meat in his food o.

Yet they are attacking the poor woman as if she is committing an abomination. Nairaland is full of poverty stricken mofos. Walahi.

Why not go to the market yourself OP and go and shop. When you buy 4liters of local groundnut oil alone for 8k and same 4 litres of palm oil for 3k, your eye go neat. You will wonder wether you lost money. Thanks to Buhari.

OP, if you like go and impregnate her again inside that #50k. Then expect her to perform magic. Nonsense and high blood pressure. If you are not financially ready to start a family, then don't get married and bring kids into the world to suffer but you people will not listen. Is marriage by force? Those waiting to be financially capable before venturing, are they f*oools? School fees hasn't even started and there is already fire on the mountain!
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Bbbw: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
Really
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by obyikye(f): 11:49pm On Mar 21, 2022
50,000 divide by 30days = 1,667naira
Then 4 people will eat 3 times daily = 4*3=12
1,667/12= 138.9 per meal.
@poster, do you also buy these in stock?
Groundnut oil
Palm oil
Milk
Milo
Crayfish
Meat
Tomotoes
Beans
Yams
Potatoes
Onions
Pepper
Soup condiments
Pap
Bread
Seasoning
Indomie
Eggs.
Samo/Garri/Fufu
Salt.
Spaghetti.
Please, sit her down and have a heart to heart discussion, you will be surprised how much of that her salary she is adding to the upkeep of your family without your knowledge, what we augment once we enter market goes unnoticed.
If you do not mind kindly visit the market in the month of April and make the purchases by yourself and let her do the cooking, I will like to know the outcome.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Opus85(m): 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
Please how many Nigerians earn more than that 50k per month. Most people highest they earn is 100-120k. Remove 50k from that salary, plus other utility bills and tell me how much is remaining. OP still buys the bags of rice and other things in the house. Your wife is not prudent. As a wife, is she not supposed to support you with funds to increase the upkeep to 60k at least.
Some women can be selfish indeed. She works and still collect 1k transport from you. Oga if you die of HBP, life goes on. She will not die with you.

Better give yourself brain and live long for your child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by shantti(m): 11:52pm On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:

No bi everybody dey carry ashawo, bro.

My God!!!! This one touch me!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by shantti(m): 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:

I eat alot ,
Moreover I'm a bachelor 95% of food I eat are not cooked by me ( eatery), Transport and girls wahala contribute to it also

Why r u using ur own reality(womanizing) to judge someone with a different reality(not womanizing)
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by BelSprit: 11:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport
*Snacks for the kids and miscellaneous on her own side.
Let the man make it like 70k at least.

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife
Did you read the part that said she works as well but the guy gives her 1k for transport daily!
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by OGWILLS123: 12:01am On Mar 22, 2022
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport
*Snacks for the kids and miscellaneous on her own side.
Let the man make it like 70k at least.

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife

From and idiot that does not earn up to 20K a month.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Gospel2Day: 12:02am On Mar 22, 2022
Mercychen:
Start handling the upkeep yourself. Don't give her a dime again.

Maybe she has friends she's trying to compete with or brag to about how much her mumu gives her for upkeep.

Maybe she's also saving part of it.

If truly the money is only for upkeep, then shes not prudent. Stop giving her altogether.

The question is what does she do with her own salary?
You see some women ehn, they like to turn gentlemen into monsters.
So, it is a taboo for her to add to the 50k from her own salary àbí?
Some marriages are actually far worse than being single.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by shantti(m): 12:12am On Mar 22, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:

You are wrong. Your are obviously not married. The problem is the man. 50k a month is average of 6k every market day. That cannot feed a family of 4 when you have to buy rice, oil, grandnut oil and beans out of it.

Why I say the man is at fault?

He should not make his wife a full time house wife. He should open business for her. If what's the business brings a month is 30k profit for instance, that will make the total 80k and she won't complain again.

A man should not complain when they make their wife full time house wife, except she is lazy and refuse to work, then the man can complain.

Bro with due respect, 6k can feed a family of four daily.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Greensea1(m): 12:14am On Mar 22, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.
You sound too bossy for my liking!
"My sweet wife, why can't you be grateful that your husband is giving you..."
Live up to your responsibility, man! Things are expensive! Play your part and assume she doesn't earn a salary of her own!
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by bhassan20: 12:16am On Mar 22, 2022
OP, your case is like that of Business partners who share profit. When the business yields huge profit they all smile at the bank. However, when the reverse transpires, they all converge to devise means for the efficient running of the business.
In your case, kindly sit your wife down, discuss how the economic downturn has affected your business and why she needs to subsidise and also contribute her quota for the betterment of your family.
May God grant your wife the wisdom to understand all you wish.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by od501: 12:27am On Mar 22, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.

Seriously, who is raising this kind of week men?! A single mother I guess? And you are even a BP patient. Chai...men, pity yourselves nah! How can you come ro this world and sign that you will suffer till you die?

A woman you married into your home is manipulating you with emotionally, and you still have mouth to call her sweetheart. A woman who is out to frustrate your life. Oga.... start going to that market yourself, you won't die! Wait ooo... woman be doing Shakara on top 50k? For this Buhari economy? Omo...!!!

A piece of advice sir, for the sake if your health, please don't argue with her. Stop sending her that money, be going to the market yourselves. If you don't have the time, make arrangement for it, but make sure the money comes directly from you. You'd be surprised how much you spend in a month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer / How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? / Hubby Mysteriously Disappeared After Meeting Lover In Hotel — Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.