Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,460 members, 7,826,759 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector (20400 Views)

Let's Discuss How To Eradicate Bully At Work Places / How To Spot Toxic Work Places Before And During A Job Interview / Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by toujurs: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
R2bees2:
I can see all the energy is channelled towards employers... How about toxic coworkers? Those ones are energy vampires
its envy, that causes this one. They won't work and won't want you to work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by SoapQueen(f): 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
LikeAking:
A problem working from small companies. Those working for big multi national comps wia they earnbig no get this problem. The top is so much betta.

The problem with 9JA offices is mostly from the competitive toxic co-workers going behind to slander and betray dia colleagues in order to get a upper hand or favor. It can be anybody working in the office, gate man, security, your co workers etc.

Just know some one has gone to fall your hand behind your back, when ur boss/mgt start giving u attitude. Some times the boss become envious too. We also have bosses who are just naughty (weak men/women) they just love to dehumanize their workers. Its part of the slavery trick.

Quiting the job is the best option for me.

Nigerian bosses too like gossips.

Low lives!

Period!!
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by SoapQueen(f): 6:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
toujurs:
its envy, that causes this one. They won't work and won't want you to work.

Where's the lie??
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Godwin25king: 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
Millz404:
Tech people are naturally people that work too much and might just expect same from everybody.

People that complain about all these might be the non tech workers working in these tech companies.

One chilled bottle of star for you man.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Czario: 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2022
Kuda...lol !

No surprise there..

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
You talk to me like that.. MAKA

After I treat the 17 fuckup ehn! Him go wish say i for throw am overboard instead.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Arsenate(m): 7:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
FriendsAndFans:
I don't even know if I have a job any longer
I slept this morning and had a deep thinking about my job...

I think I'll have to quit

Quit if your mental health is at stake.
Here's hoping you have sufficient savings to see you through. Good luck.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Rubyjade: 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
Treasure17:
BeatFM? E be things.

'' You are in church while I'm here working. Let's see who God will answer his prayers first "

This one weak me.
What made you think Gbemi, left most atimes these media houses in Nigeria were standard work practice are followed in Nigeria are not up 10. Watch how Galaxy tv change news casters, I can go on and on
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Rubyjade: 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
Freshfish4:
Libra motors - C.O.O
What?
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Rubyjade: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2022
roheco:
Add all Religious Organizations
They are the worst

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Cromagnon: 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2022
siofra:

Why can't you stay on the topic. Attack, dissect and contribute to it.

This thread is for toxic bosses not co-workers. Create a thread for that.

Don't shift people's attention from this important issue.
so mentioning a potential cause of the problem is not a contribution? Na wa o
You should've titled it employer bashing thread na
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Cromagnon: 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
Camoready:

It is really appalling that these things happen everyday and there’s silence because of unemployment and economic hardship.
talk na. Shebi you get anoda job waiting for you?
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
roheco:
Add all Religious Organizations

Then dem use juju fight themselves in the name of God. Na them visit juju houses pass, jealous themselves pass, pastors get different cabals inside church, choir is not left out. The list is endless.

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by flexyrule(m): 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
You can only do this to an employee who doesn't know his onions.

While working with the bank, there use to be this very toxic branch manager that use to make life terrible for everyone. She used to even slap her subordinates. I don't want to talk of verbal abuses and intimidation.

The day she brought it to my side, it was her husband that came to the office that evening to beg on her behalf.

Me I will f*ck you up there and then, and still f*ck you up outside the office.

The era of slavery has long ended.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Rubyjade: 7:34pm On Mar 22, 2022
campbelljosh:
If i talk wetin my eyes don see with Nigerian bosses i no go fit talk am finish. Nigerian bosses are dragging employees into depression yet complaining that employees are not giving their best.
imagine a boss deliberately coming to work by 5pm and requesting for reports upon reports
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Rubyjade: 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Esthered:
It's about the organization and their culture. Where I work, toxicity isn't allowed. I've heard of a senior staff (mgt grade) that was forced to resign as her junior colleague reported her for her shitty attitude as she was said to always talk down on people. She was supposed to be dismissed but they rather advised her to resign.
I've worked in a Lebanese company where the MD would call Team members derogatory names during meetings and give them the insult of their lives and it's a group of companies.
The thing is people need the job to pay bills and will rather bear than leaving.
We don't have strong institutions here to enforce the laws that prevent workplace toxicity from happening or keeps it the barest minimum.
Indian companies are even the worst
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Rubyjade: 7:39pm On Mar 22, 2022
litigator:

Then dey use juju fight themselves in the name of God. Na them visit juju houses pass, jealous themselves pass, pastors get different cabals inside church, choir is not left out. The list is endless.
Spot on!
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Rubyjade:

You see, an average Nigerian is lazy, they are not ready to do anything meaningful but what to get paid at the end of the month. To be good at tech you have to comit at least 6 hours of rigorous practice and reading daily. How many graduates really study that hard? Probably few.

From the quoted, I tell you for a fact more than few.

The're a many youths ready and grinding to commit more than six hours daily even for a year or more with no pay.

But where's the power supply? We know no one on here have used the power from the PHCN for more than 2 hrs daily in the past three weeks or so.

Even when the GRID is okay?

How many can afford a good pc? Price of dollar to naira to be able to afford one?

Many gave up, so many are on a spot for years.

Yet we have so many young guys breaking the walls by building the biggest tech products out of Africa.

Again I mention, more than a few. So many!

2 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Esthered: 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
Rubyjade:
Indian companies are even the worst
So I heard.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Camoready: 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2022
Banks no dey shock anybody.

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Camoready: 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
Check on your fav tech bro. That industry seeems to be toxic.

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Camoready: 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2022
Cromagnon:
talk na. Shebi you get anoda job waiting for you?

Lol I don’t work in the private sector. That’s why these things are shocking to me.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Profilemate: 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
Davido Papa company is one among toxic work place , PACIFIC LOGISTICS OJOTA LAGOS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Treasure17(m): 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
Rubyjade:
What made you think Gbemi, left most atimes these media houses in Nigeria were standard work practice are followed in Nigeria are not up 10. Watch how Galaxy tv change news casters, I can go on and on
Gbemi my fav. I thought she left because she wants to try other things aside radio.

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Professorcplus(m): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

From the quoted, I tell you for a fact more than few.

The're a many youths ready and grinding to commit more than six hours daily even for a year or more with no pay.

But where's the power supply? We know no one on here have used the power from the PHCN for more than 2 hrs daily in the past three weeks or so.

Even when the GRID is okay?

How many can afford a good pc? Price of dollar to naira to be able to afford one?

Many gave up, so many are on a spot for years.

Yet we have so many young guys breaking the walls by building the biggest tech products out of Africa.

Again I mention, more than a few. So many!

NEPA dey affect, I think say na only me. Na only midnight 12-4:30, laptop with bad battery, data sub, worse Sapa can show face.

We go survive las las
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by LikeAking: 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2022
maximunimpact:
[s][/s]

Why not start your big multi National company?

12 yr old don talk.

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Camoready: 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
This killed me �

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by JoyousFurnitire(m): 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
Professorcplus:

NEPA dey affect, I think say na only me. Na only midnight 12-4:30, laptop with bad battery, data sub, worse Sapa can show face.

We go survive las las

Like bro, just keep grinding. Your future self will thank you.

The're millions of youths trying to break into the tech space facing this shit like you. Those who don't won't be able to relate.

Be grateful you get to use the power over night.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by BabaIbo: 10:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
MarketDispatch:

Could it be the Company you were working for was not making money because you and your Colleagues were Fraudulently using the Company provided resources to divert Contracts meant for the Company into your own and your Colleagues Pockets.

You sir, are one of those Employees that hinder Company growth

You're one of the reasons Nigeria is having the kind of leaders she is having.

You're not emotionally intelligent.

Reading is different, understanding it is also different.

Sorry to say, you lack understanding.

I clearly stated those that were doing that and I also said I left mid-month with reasons.

Again, the excuse of not making money is invalid because according to my knowledge that practice started not up to a month before I joined and the company has existed for long.
The possible cause was as a result of the high handedness of those that were running the company.
How will you justify, knowingly frustrating people so that they can leave the job with earning that month salary for reasons best known to them?
Do you think inhumane and wicked decision doesn't have repercussion?
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Rubyjade: 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2022
Treasure17:

Gbemi my fav. I thought she left because she wants to try other things aside radio.
There are lot that happens in Nigeria Media, why was Kemi & Jumoke removed from Moray's the view, Why is the first set of FATG on 99.3fm no longer together today? There are lot that happens in media that's you don't know. Our Movie industry is a breeding ground for prostitute
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Generaloluseye: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2022
Czario:
Kuda...lol !

No surprise there..

Are you serious? I was thinking it will be a nice place to work. Probably it is only the pay that is good
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Treasure17(m): 11:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
Rubyjade:
There are lot that happens in Nigeria Media, why was Kemi & Jumoke removed from Moray's the view, Why is the first set of FATG on 99.3fm no longer together today? There are lot that happens in media that's you don't know. Our Movie industry is a breeding ground for prostitute
All these are just a reflection of our society and it's unfortunate. Seems you are a big fan of radio. All my fav are gone and I'm left with Joyce on Nigeriainfo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. / National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.