Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? (28737 Views)

Pls Let's Do Business With Some Of Your Idle Funds. / Invest Your Idle Funds / Idle Funds : I Need Suggestions On Business And Investments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by yMcy56(f): 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
BabaIbo:
Please I need more enlightenment on government bonds, for sometimes now it has been running through my mind but I don't know how to go about it.

Can you help?
You can visit below thread for more info.
You can ask your questions there.
https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria

You can also pick one or two things from here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1167218/how-invest-federal-government-bonds
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
perambulator:
which dollar based investment is giving you 16% pa, where you see am?

Let me explain to you and others what this inflation you keep hearing really means.

Most people understand inflation as the rate at which prices go up but when it comes to investment, the way to look at inflation is the rate at which your money loses its purchasing power or value per annum.

What this means is that if you have an inflation rate of 10%. Your N100 today will only really be worth N91 in a years time or you will need N110 to be able to buy in a years time what you can buy today with N100!

So the minimum requirement for an investment is to keep up with inflation. In Nigeria today inflation is 15%, so you need 15% just to keep up with inflation. What this means is that in a years time when you get N115 back you are no richer but you are no poorer. Whatever extra over the minimum 15% is the true increase in your wealth or investment. As in the example above if you invest N100 @ 25%, when you get your 125 at the end of the year, you will still be able to buy an item that cost N100 a year ago but is now N115 and have N10 extra. That N10 extra is your increased wealth, not the whole N25!

The thing with investing in foreign currency assets is that by virtue of the fact that your investment is in foreign currency you have insulated yourself from Nigerian inflation. By the time you convert your forex back to Naira in a years time or whenever, the exchange rate would have gone in your favour by more than the rate of Nigerian inflation. Anything on top (foreign returns are usually single digit) is your real return on investment.

If you simply converted your money to dollars in 2015 for example and did not even invest it , But just put it in a savings account, today 7 years later you have made 200% if you convert your money back to Naira. No Naira investment can give you that return.
Thanks for taking your time to educate us on inflation, to be honest we all thinks it’s not a problem when prices of things increase by small amount but when you check it over the years then the effect becomes crippling. About 16% PA Foregin investment that’s where crypto comes in. You can read up on crypto staking you might find it interesting.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
If people learn nothing from this thread please understand these 2 things, with all sense of modesty, the information I’m sharing with you below is priceless!

1. Inflation destroys your wealth, any investment that is below the rate of inflation is destroying your wealth or purchasing power. Currently the official inflation rate in Nigeria is 15.6% that is how much less your money is worth every year. At that rate of inflation every 3 years you lose half of your wealth if you do nothing, i.e if keep your wealth in cash!!! This is one reason why many Nigerian pensioners are paupers despite saving and "Investing" all their lives!!! When you invest you have to invest right!!!!

2. Treasury bills/ government bonds are risk free investments currently I believe they are about 16%. It is very important to understand that is how much you are paid for taking no risk!!!! You are paid for not having access to your money for 1 year not for risk because there is no risk of default!! In Nigeria it is 16% in the US it is currently less than 1%. Any private sector investment that is below the risk free rate i.e the rate for govt bonds should be rejected. If a risk free investment pays X% then non risk free investment should pay you the risk free rate X% plus a risk premium of Y%. It is stupid to take on risk and expect a return less than a man who has no risk attached to his investment...not so?

Taking the 2 above you must reject any private sector investment in Naira that is less than 17% ( risk free rate of 16% + 1% minimum risk premium) because not only is it not making you money, you are taking on risk and not getting rewarded for it. How much above 16% is a good investment depends on your risk tolerance level. However the more the offered return is above the risk free rate, the riskier the investment is, including the possibility of losing it all…. common sense should tell you that.... don’t let any smooth talker deceive you. Risk and return go hand in hand!!! the higher the expected return is away from the risk free rate, the higher the probability you can lose all your money!!

Finally do t listen to people who say an investment or return is guaranteed......they are salesmen/women, they will tell you anything to get your money and get their commissions, some of them are on commision only so if they dont bring in new money they dont get paid. The only guaranteed investment is govt bonds tbills etc. every other investment is a risky investment and you must be compensated above the rate for Tbills for taking risk.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by kaymofo(m): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
AntiMen:
Who says there are no coincidences in life, My name is the same as the O.P and I also have idle funds I got from cryptocurrency trading, I'm done trading for the year and I want to invest my funds....

My funds are presently tethered and left in my crypto wallet, I seek same advice on how to invest it.

I am a soilless farmer and I could advice you on how to invest in Agribusiness.

You can send a WHATSAPP message on 08095336802
Or send a mail to moronfolukayode01@gmail.com
Looking forward
Cheers
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by kaymofo(m): 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2022
toujurs:
Anything investment i dn comot hand, I'm not doing again.

Sorry about your experience but would you please share your experirnces for us to take cautiou please?
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by kaymofo(m): 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you for asking this question. I need answers too.

I am a SOILLESS Farmer

I can guide you in Agribusiness if you wish.

You can send a WHATSAPP message to 08095336802
Or a mail to moronfolukayode01@gmail.com
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Mr2nice(m): 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
davien:
You said no cryptocurrency yet it's one of the best means to save.

You can lockup your usdt(avoiding Nigerian naira inflation) to earn 10-15% per annum through exchanges like binance, huobi, Okex, big one, etc.

You can save flexibly through Ancor savings and get 20% APY daily withdrawable income.

You can stake 20 Osmo and be paid 60% yearly and qualified for airdrops.

Make I no cast everything but there's money to be made in crypto(safely) if you're wise.

I want to learn, please teach me.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by EgunMogaji2: 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
kaymofo:

I am a SOILLESS Farmer

I can guide you in Agribusiness if you wish.

You can send a WHATSAPP message to 08095336802
Or a mail to moronfolukayode01@gmail.com

I’ll pass.

Educate everyone together on the thread.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Mr2nice(m): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
You said no cryptocurrency so I have no advice for you. Ave been staking some crypto and making decent APY on a regular, almost 200k a month guaranteed for doing nothing. It’s funny how you people think crypto is a scam but in reality crypto has grown past the average mind. Educate yourself!

Please I am interested boss
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Controversy93(m): 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
I work in company where you can invest and make 40percent interest after one year. Call or chat me on 07069950563, so I can give you the details.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Spirated12(m): 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
Nackzy:
Bracnch Nigeria is the Best, Send me a mail let me guide you on how to go about it
how save is ones funds and private information?.. just downloaded the app and am finding it difficult to fund d wallet except with debit card..but can the app be trusted
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by osazee12(m): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
1. If you leave in Abuja, visit any of the Gold dealers or goldsmiths, buy Gold, and then deposit the same in any commercial bank of your choice for safe keeps. Gold is one of the few assets that are not affected by inflation and increase in value.
2. Or you can open a dollar/domiciliary account and start saving in USD.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Mattwillz: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
Aburada:
Damn niggar!

Grabs my weed while I learn one or two.

Apart from smoking weed, drinking, banging of pussy and bombing or rather keyboarding.

A real nigger must learn everyday twice on Tuesday afternoon

I miss Slawormiir on this forum, how long do we have to wait until you come back?

You Are Him!
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by UniportAgbero: 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
Lyydia:
Hi Nairalanders,
What is the best way to invest funds without actually being engaged in doing anything? I have what I do that brings in money, I just feel like some funds are idle in my account and Naira - dollar fluctuations isn't helping matter.

For example fixed deposit accounts, which Nigerian bank has the best interest rate?

No cryptocurrency
No forex
No betting
No scam investment

No PM

Thank you.

Invest in secured loans. It's the way to go. For instance , you can colend with NextPayDay or branch. NextPayDay offers up o 36% per annum. I think it's the highest anywhere...
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Junnior: 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
shocked
How do you invest your idle funds?
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by waze63(m): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
chrisdking1:
Piggyvest Flex, 8% Per annum paid monthly
Piggybank, 10% Per annum also paid monthly

Branch Nigeria, 20% Per annum paid weekly.

Can you pls explain the last one (Branch Nigeria) what is it about and how does it work?
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by iCauseTrouble: 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
Junnior:

How do you invest your idle funds?
Domain and crypto

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Realtizzy(m): 11:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
If you have interest in transport let's do business
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by JUBILEE2000: 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
frazee:
The best advice is, if you have enough money go for importation of spare parts, engine and underage cars... There is alot happening there in terms of profit but is not much known.. importations of used television, vegetable oil and wines is a good business..
You basically dont need to be there always. Get a space and someone can manage it for you as far as you have a list of items you imported....

Please can you throw more light on the importation of spare parts and engines. Thank you

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by toujurs: 12:26am On Mar 23, 2022
kaymofo:

Sorry about your experience but would you please share your experirnces for us to take cautiou please?
chinmark, And we all thought he was a saint. cry

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by jammyunn(m): 12:32am On Mar 23, 2022
Lyydia:
Hi Nairalanders,
What is the best way to invest funds without actually being engaged in doing anything? I have what I do that brings in money, I just feel like some funds are idle in my account and Naira - dollar fluctuations isn't helping matter.

For example fixed deposit accounts, which Nigerian bank has the best interest rate?

No cryptocurrency
No forex
No betting
No scam investment

No PM

Thank you.

plastic crushing machine (depending on your capital)

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by dequeenishere: 1:03am On Mar 23, 2022
Invest in real estate. Reach out to me for that. 08026082264
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by culf: 1:56am On Mar 23, 2022
Lyydia:
Hi Nairalanders,

No cryptocurrency
No forex
No betting
No scam investment

No PM

Thank you.

Find a good insurance company and invest it with them, the longer, the more the interest and it's safer with them

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by ModelLook(m): 2:17am On Mar 23, 2022
The best still remains Oxford International Group.
Invest in their Real Estate (MortagageVest and BuildVest)
Or
Invest in their Agriculture (AgroVest)

Check picture below for more info.

Facebook: Oxford International Group

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by torino88(m): 6:17am On Mar 23, 2022
Earn ₦ 350 and make unlimited free transfers, paybills, and get loans with Branch! Get the Branch app: https://branch.co/download/chukwu5d789. Be sure to enter my promo code chukwu5d789 to get ₦ 350 after depositing to your Branch Wallet. After let me know so that I will put u throughquote author=waze63 post=111277659]

Can you pls explain the last one (Branch Nigeria) what is it about and how does it work? [/quote]
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by oneguy7: 6:37am On Mar 23, 2022
sandra50:
I invested in a buying and selling for more than 8 months now and I have been making profit..you can invest too..I'm not saying something will happen and I'm also not promising that nothing will happen because business is a risk on its own..I invested 500,000..if you are interested I can put you through.me sef na risk I take so if you want to take same risk let me know.
08136286975..you can drop your WhatsApp number let me message you
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Druss(m): 6:49am On Mar 23, 2022
Low risk? Convert to dollars and invest in dollar based money market funds or bonds.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Passionnn: 7:38am On Mar 23, 2022
Buy a piece of land.
If you have enough money, develop it. Land hardly depreciate.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by honeycandy(f): 7:44am On Mar 23, 2022
How can one invest in real estate?
Giffted:
Omo nah real estate o
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by frazee: 7:54am On Mar 23, 2022
JUBILEE2000:

Please can you throw more light on the importation of spare parts and engines. Thank you
My WhatsApp number
Mayb I can explain further
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by upuphim(m): 9:20am On Mar 23, 2022
Our Pwan Group real estate trading as well known as 'Buy 2 Sell' that offers 7.5, 17.5 & 40% ROI respectively for 3, 6 & 12months duration is the best. We are in 22 States of the nation and our over 300estates is security for your fund. Contact me on comoli2009@gmail.com for details.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar / How Much Should I Take For Hire Purchase In Keke / Top 5 Most Industrialized States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.