Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? (28670 Views)

Pls Let's Do Business With Some Of Your Idle Funds. / Invest Your Idle Funds / Idle Funds : I Need Suggestions On Business And Investments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
Slayar:
I'm surprised you typed Cryptocurrency / forex in same line with scam .
Are you sure please
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by princillin: 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2022
AntiMen:
Who says there are no coincidences in life, My name is the same as the O.P and I also have idle funds I got from cryptocurrency trading, I'm done trading for the year and I want to invest my funds....

My funds are presently tethered and left in my crypto wallet, I seek same advice on how to invest it.

Use the crypto and do crypto pump.
Your 50% sure.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by gerizzim: 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
The OP is a mumu, ave been making decent side hustle money with the cosmos ecosystem for quite some time now, osmosis used to be over 100% APY and I wish I had staked it earlier. Even if the OP wants to play it safe USDT is the best way to go but No! She shut the door against crypto. Some people and their mindset self.

tell me abt cosmo ecosystem nd osmosis. Chat up08094943690
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Bamz(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
You said no cryptocurrency so I have no advice for you. Ave been staking some crypto and making decent APY on a regular, almost 200k a month guaranteed for doing nothing. It’s funny how you people think crypto is a scam but in reality crypto has grown past the average mind. Educate yourself!

I've been contemplating staking but my current staking is on small sums and I feel one needs to have a considerable sum $5k upwards to really enjoy staking benefits.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by gerizzim: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
emmadejust:

Branch Nigeria is sure 100% ...

20% interest ... Paid every monday .

Tell me abt branch Nigeria. Chat up08094943690
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by lymelyte(m): 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
AntiMen:
Who says there are no coincidences in life, My name is the same as the O.P and I also have idle funds I got from cryptocurrency trading, I'm done trading for the year and I want to invest my funds....

My funds are presently tethered and left in my crypto wallet, I seek same advice on how to invest it.
why not make use of binance earn.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by gerizzim: 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
davien:
I'd rather talk on them here bro(learnt a lesson relating with people live)

The safest ways to make money in crypto right now are ;

1. Through Stablecoins
2. Through exchanges
3. Delegating to new blockchains
4. Selling gaming nfts

I do all 4 from late 2020 and my life changed. Highest I can give is that for stablecoins staking go to coingecko and search through exchanges with score of 5 and above, register, verify, compare their rates and save accordingly.

If you want to buy a crypto with a lot of upside potential and little risk, buy a staking coin that's tied to an exchange and use it to farm more coins/money.

Delegating to new blockchains like atom, Juno, Osmo etc grants you airdrops worth millions(Google it for yourself)

Then NFT games like gods unchained I've made money while playing their card games and selling unique cards I unlock plus they airdropped millions(in naira terms) late last year.

Peace out and good luck.

@harpahrah(no vex, I don't get in touch with people anymore).

Davie, chat me up let's tallk08094943690
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by gerizzim: 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
madamjay:
Xend Finance is a financial platform that helps you save your money in dollars to protect your money against inflation and devaluation. When you save in dollars, as the dollar increases - the value of your savings increases. Xend Finance also gives you up to 15% annual interest on your savings.

Click here to Download the Xend Finance app: https://xendmobile.page/nairaland and get $1 to start saving!

Tell me more abt xend finance. 08094943690 watsapp
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Fearjah: 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
davien:

1. Through Stablecoins
2. Through exchanges
4. Selling gaming nfts

I do all 4 from late 2020 and my life changed. Highest I can give is that for stablecoins staking go to coingecko and search through exchanges with score of 5 and above, register, verify, compare their rates and save accordingly.

If you want to buy a crypto with a lot of upside potential and little risk, buy a staking coin that's tied to an exchange and use it to farm more coins/money.

Delegating to new blockchains like atom, Juno, Osmo etc grants you airdrops worth millions(Google it for yourself)

Then NFT games like gods unchained I've made money while playing their card games and selling unique cards I unlock plus they airdropped millions(in naira terms) late last year.

Peace out and good luck.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by JesseThunder(m): 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2022
Slayar:
I'm surprised also. But lets keep quiet
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by gerizzim: 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
madamjay:
Xend Finance is a financial platform that helps you save your money in dollars to protect your money against inflation and devaluation. When you save in dollars, as the dollar increases - the value of your savings increases. Xend Finance also gives you up to 15% annual interest on your savings.

Click here to Download the Xend Finance app: https://xendmobile.page/nairaland and get $1 to start saving!

Watspp 08094943690 let's talk
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2022
Bamz:

I've been contemplating staking but my current staking is on small sums and I feel one needs to have a considerable sum $5k upwards to really enjoy staking benefits.
Yes that’s correct, you need to have a reasonable sum to see good returns. Am currently staking about $22k on Atom, Osmosis and USDT. And it’s side income is really good not to mention the mad money am making from Airdops, if you are not staking on crypto right now you are really missing out.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
gerizzim:

tell me abt cosmo ecosystem nd osmosis. Chat up08094943690
My brother the talk is long oh, Goto YouTube that’s the best place to learn about Cosmos.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Ayowolemi(f): 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
Land banking. Good ROI
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
perambulator:

Did I read that correctly, 100% return in 10 years?
That is a value and wealth destroying investment
Some people don’t have sense, any investment that can’t do 100% return in 6 years max is a very bad investment.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by GideonOludayomi(m): 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
Lyydia:
Hi Nairalanders,
What is the best way to invest funds without actually being engaged in doing anything? I have what I do that brings in money, I just feel like some funds are idle in my account and Naira - dollar fluctuations isn't helping matter.

For example fixed deposit accounts, which Nigerian bank has the best interest rate?

No cryptocurrency
No forex
No betting
No scam investment

No PM

Thank you.

Instead of fixed deposit account, why not get an insurance policy...let's talk, so that I can give you something that best suits you. 07038432044.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
Some people don’t have sense, any investment that can’t do 100% return in 5 years max is a very bad investment.
If you do the calculation at 15% inflation, you will be at the same level you were at the beginning. All you have done with 100% return in 5 years is to preserve your purchasing power you have not added any wealth!!!

If it takes 6 years to get 100% as your edited post says you are actually in the red! Every Naira you invest now will only be worth the equivalent of today’s 86kobo in 6 years time.

The bottom line with Naira investments is this: Inflation in Nigeria is currently 15%, so just to preserve your purchasing power or wealth, you need to make 15% pa in Naira or else you are better off just converting your money to forex and stick it in the bank. for it to be a worth while investment I.e increase your wealth/ purchasing power you need to be getting a minimum of 20-25% pa

4 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by IamDavid(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
gerizzim:

Tell me abt branch Nigeria. Chat up08094943690
No offense but imbibe an attitude of figuring out things yourself, especially after a little guide. You will not always been spoonfed

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by IamDavid(m): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
Some people don’t have sense, any investment that can’t do 100% return in 6 years max is a very bad investment.

You didn't have to be insultive tho.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by schoolboi: 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2022
davien:

1. Through Stablecoins
2. Through exchanges
4. Selling gaming nfts

Peace out and good luck.

Hello Mr. Davien,

Please can you create a paid group where you can teach guys this.

Please, I really don't mind paying.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
perambulator:

If you do the calculation at 15% inflation, you will be at the same level you were at the beginning. All you have done with 100% return in 5 years is to preserve your purchasing power you have not added any wealth!!!

If it takes 6 years to get 100% as your edited post says you are actually in the red! Every Naira you invest now will only be worth the equivalent of today’s 86kobo in 6 years time.
But that is if the said investment was purchased in Naira right? Let’s say you have an investment purchased in USD and making 16% per annum would that add to your wealth in 5 years if you compound it?
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
But that is if the said investment was purchased in Naira right? Let’s say you have an investment purchased in USD and making 16% per annum would that add to your wealth in 5 years if you compound it?
which dollar based investment is giving you 16% pa, where you see am?

Let me explain to you and others what this inflation you keep hearing really means.

Most people understand inflation as the rate at which prices go up but when it comes to investment, the way to look at inflation is the rate at which your money loses its purchasing power or value per annum.

What this means is that if you have an inflation rate of 10%. Your N100 today will only really be worth N91 in a years time or you will need N110 to be able to buy in a years time what you can buy today with N100!

So the minimum requirement for an investment is to keep up with inflation. In Nigeria today inflation is 15%, so you need 15% just to keep up with inflation. What this means is that in a years time when you get N115 back you are no richer but you are no poorer. Whatever extra over the minimum 15% is the true increase in your wealth or investment. As in the example above if you invest N100 @ 25%, when you get your 125 at the end of the year, you will still be able to buy an item that cost N100 a year ago but is now N115 and have N10 extra. That N10 extra is your increased wealth, not the whole N25!

The thing with investing in foreign currency assets is that by virtue of the fact that your investment is in foreign currency you have insulated yourself from Nigerian inflation. By the time you convert your forex back to Naira in a years time or whenever, the exchange rate would have gone in your favour by more than the rate of Nigerian inflation. Anything on top (foreign returns are usually single digit) is your real return on investment.

If you simply converted your money to dollars in 2015 for example and did not even invest it , But just put it in a savings account, today 7 years later you have made 200% if you convert your money back to Naira. No Naira investment can give you that return.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by ShedrachU(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
chrisdking1:
Piggyvest Flex, 8% Per annum paid monthly
Piggybank, 10% Per annum also paid monthly

Branch Nigeria, 20% Per annum paid weekly.

You mean if I deposit ₦60,000 to my PiggyFlex I'll get ₦4,800 monthly with 8%?
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by ShedrachU(m): 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
nurudeen181:
print recharge cards yourself and supply to those buying wholesale in your area, save them transport and time..

I'll need to learn this

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by AntiMen: 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
lymelyte:
why not make use of binance earn.

How do I do this?
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by chrisdking1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
ShedrachU:

You mean if I deposit ₦60,000 to my PiggyFlex I'll get ₦4,800 monthly with 8%?

Not at all, boss.

60K on PiggyFlex gives u about 400naira monthly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by KangaIye: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hmmmmmm
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by oluwatobiamed(m): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Slayar:

I swear e shock me.

Cryto holders wey go soon turn millionaires.
Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Tikobanidi: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
perambulator:

Let me share with you a truth about crypto and traders. 80-90% of them lose money on the long run. The truth about all these people who promise high returns is that very few of them can consistently deliver and most lose everything given time. Those who make money consistently do not make consistently big returns every month to be able to promise the kind of outlandish returns they do and fulfill the said promises.

You have to ask yourself a simple question…..if they really can make this kind of returns CONSISTENTLY, Why do they need my money why share your profits with a stranger?

Most you will find need your money because they have lost all their money and need to recapitalize. The people who are really making money from trading don’t need your money or the pressure that comes from the wahala of you phoning them all the time to ask about how things are going.

Take this advice and you will save yourself a lot of pain because trust me they will eventually lose your money!!!

Crypto and trading is a zero sum game, if someone is making money someone else is losing money. You only hear about the one who made money you never hear about the one who loses !!! Anyone who is truly successful at crypto does not want or need your money! Anyone who wants your money is not a good trader and is only taking your money to start again after he lost everything!!!!!

One reason many of these crypto traders and miracle banks end up as Ponzi schemes is not because they set out to defraud anyone but that they are not as good as they thought they were and have dug themselves into a hole and keep needing new money to satisfy their obligations to existing “investors”. Eventually they run out of new money and they go bust. The bottom line is they were never that good in the 1st place. Those who are good do not need outside money because they can compounding their own money without wahala!!!

There are some genuine people but before you invest with them at least ask them to show you their verified trading statements from their broker for the last 2 years…..at least 1 year!! You will find many will run away or cannot show because those that can show you a consistent trading statement for that period don’t need or want your money.

This is an eye opener, thanks for this.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Tikobanidi: 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

First, you did the right thing by posting NO to all the stuff above.

My Recommendations:
1. Read everything on this thread. Do not skip any post. You may find someone with a good suggestion. I am doing same too. It may be on page 12 sef. And the fellow may not mention you. Take your time.

2. The only investment which is safe are nation's TBills. That of the US is considered the safest. But it may be hard for a Nigerian to do. You may check well and see if you can. Also, look into other nation's TBills. Our reputation is bad, so, I'm not sure about this option.

3. Nigeria used to make its TBill opened to the public. I think the corrupt nature of Nigerians is too high. Imagine, banks take money and invest in the same TBill vehicle, and then give you part of the interest. They will call it their own investment scheme. I dont patronize them again. See, most of those asking you to put money in this bank and that bank have their own cut. They arent doing it in your interest. Banks these days wont allow you bid for TBills through them again. Banks are serious 419s these days. When last did you see GTB put money in any of it's ATM? Now they deal with POS traders. They are looking for every way to take from you. Well, you may still get, but I am sure that it will be peanut. I do not know what 2% to 3% of any amount of money in naira will give you. Rather, if you find a secured one abroad with 5% in dollars, Euro or Pounds, you are fine.

3. Naira is terrible oooo. Dem be 419. Do not give your money to anyone. If you dont see any, keep your cash madam.

4. You can find a way to get into converting your currency into dollars without using black market. There are still some legal ways, but needs your effort. I went into content creation because I want to deal with more dollars. It depends on you. My point is that in this present Nigeria, it seems you must monitor everything you do. You cant trust anyone. It seems there is nothing you can get into without your effort. You just need to keep doing "longer throat" because there are too many thieves around...even bank CEOs. They are all thieves.

5. The best investment you may want to do is to find a way to be a permanent residence of another country. And maybe you can still keep your job here. Two of my friends have relocated temporarily to secure that. It is for this particular issue. With naija passport, nothing. Everyone keeps rejecting you and your money outside the country. And putting it here is like playing with fire. No investment seems is secured in Nigeria except you are a politician. Even they also move our money out cos they know it isnt secured here. To me, you may want to look into it. It makes you plan well.

Anyone who wants to invest in crypto or forex should do it by himself or herself. There are BOTs which one can use, but at ones own risk. It is still better than putting it with a 419 fund manager. Do not ever give your money to anyone to invest in crypto or forex. If you want to do it, take your time and use a bot. If it is profitable, fine...if not.....fine. you know the money is to take the risk. You can try with a small amount and see if it works it. I do not use them cos I haven't got the time to look into them well. I plan doing it soon.

Well, it is not easy oooo. May God help you find something. I am reading posts here too.

Very apt and useful article!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tikobanidi:

This is an eye opener, thanks for this.

You are welcome!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Much Should I Take For Hire Purchase In Keke / Can We Now Accept That MMM Has Crashed? / USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.