Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

She Can't Marry A Barber - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Can't Marry A Barber (30071 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man / She Said She Can't Date Me Because "I'm Too Clean". What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by ufotty2001: 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
chatinent:
The most annoying part of all these marriage talks is that there's nothing she is bringing or will bring to the table!
the same thing happened to me. A girl of 27yrs rejected my proposal. Ask myself! If I marry this girl.. what will she bring to the table. The answer is nothing.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Ewroghene1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
SurvivorM:
If she cant marry him then why date him??
Anyway it's her life dont force her because any problem she will blame you and her mind in not even in the marriage so she should do what she wants.
At least the guy have a legit profession unlike those yahoo guys
Na day one shock...me
She wan da chop the guy median profit abi what
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by blahc007: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:
My fellow nairalanders help me out on this. My immediate elder sister said she can't marry the guy she's dating.

The guy is a successful barber. I love the guy because he seem responsible and well cultured. From the looks of things, he will make a good husband for her.

But my sister shook the whole house yesterday when the supposed barber proposed to her, She outrightly rejected the guy because of his profession.

She's in her mid 20s. Please what should we do? She's getting older but she seems not to realise.

The guy called me this morning and pleaded with me to talk to her. What will I say to her, now?

A wider view will be much appreciated.

You see wetin de mek me vex for some guys...

A girl disgracefully rejected you and you are begging her....maybe because she is pretty and endowed....oh my God!!!

Does this barber guy know that if this girl agrees to marry him under pressure, he will see hell upon hell?

Kedu ihe na eme some guys sef

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by chatinent: 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
ufotty2001:
the same thing happened to me. A girl of 27yrs rejected my proposal. Ask myself! If I marry this girl.. what will she bring to the table. The answer is nothing.
Sorry about your situation but you didn't lose her. She lost you.

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Rosement(f): 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
Your sister is just making up excuses, she is not just in love with that guy. People cook up excuses when they dislike someone. If she loves the guy peer pressure cannot even be a problem. If that was the problem she could have advised the guy on how to look more presentable. When it comes to love we are not capable of deciding, my heart makes the decision.

Your sister is not wrong, stop pressuring her. It is better for her to marry late and marry well than for her to marry early and be in a toxic and unhealthy relationship. Remember that marriage has got ups and downs. Think about it if she agrees to marry that guy just because you are pressuring her, if the guy becomes broke tomorrow and the vain covering his eyes which is money fades away, will she still love him and be happy in that marriage?

But if she marries someone she loves she will be ready to comfort him and weather any storm with him. Stop being greedy, forget about what the society thinks. There is no first position in marriage, focus more on her sister's happiness.

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Vinnie2000(m): 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
TruthUntold:

Were you raised by a single mother perchance?
Not really! Why re u asking?
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by harmony75: 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
Leave her to make her choice as you have advised her, she refused the guy. So tomorrow she won't say you guys did not advise her hopes she will not regret it barbers are really making it!

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Fxwarrior: 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:
My fellow nairalanders help me out on this. My immediate elder sister said she can't marry the guy she's dating.

The guy is a successful barber. I love the guy because he seem responsible and well cultured. From the looks of things, he will make a good husband for her.

But my sister shook the whole house yesterday when the supposed barber proposed to her, She outrightly rejected the guy because of his profession.

She's in her mid 20s. Please what should we do? She's getting older but she seems not to realise.

The guy called me this morning and pleaded with me to talk to her. What will I say to her, now?

Why is she dating him if she can't marry him?

She loves the money and attention but not the man?

It's unfortunate. Respect her opinion nonetheless since she's the one to marry not you.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Ybaby: 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:

Marry him!

Seems you are man so it may not be legal for 2 men to marry but he can do something small on your head.

You better learn not to meddle. SHe said she does not want Barber.

Also return whatever you have collected from him ..... bournvita, peak milk, brown envelope etc RETURN THEM ALL and rest!
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Ybaby: 6:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
ufotty2001:

Smart girl.

You believe she will bring nothing to your table because she is 27 years and yet with her empty table she rejected your empty brain.

Please send me her account no....
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by TheExclusive: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
ufotty2001:
But without them you can't have children
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by eniorisha(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
True. Anybody who judge me based on my chicken feed monthly will b shocked if she sees my balance. Not all found on thrash sites is thrash & not all dt glisters is gold.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by allnalevel(m): 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
If u should make a findies about that lady,it is possible she has nothing doing. She's only dating the barber to get money from the guy.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Ybaby: 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2022
TheExclusive:

But without them you can't have children

Gba!!!!

Some of this men cannot get it. Someone that can carry a baby for 9 months you are asking what she brings to the table.... she is the table!

Na you go talk wetin you get to exchange for the 9 months you want her to do for you and it is not FREE

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Samuelriano1(m): 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
TruthUntold:

Annnd when you wake one day and realize half your children aren't yours because said woman had to resort to some lows to fit your ideal type you'll come and open thread on nairaland/Twitter calling her the A word, abi?

and if this same man finds a woman that fits his status, that is hardworking n contribute her little to the table, and he carries her as a wife, people like you will run here n start saying men are scum. I still wonder, whywill a reasonable lady doesn't want to bring anything to the table ? no matter how little it is, be it 10k . haba d kind of women we see on nairaland makes me scared o
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by mrksquare: 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Bring wat to d table? Our naija ladies dont do such. Dey re looking for Bankers or Good fearing Yahoo boys!

I didn't know we had God fearing yahoo boys

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by MadeMan01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:

But she was collecting gifts and money from his barber profession but can't marry him. The guy dodged a bullet. Pray for your sister bro

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by DavSagacity(m): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
chatinent:
The most annoying part of all these marriage talks is that there's nothing she is bringing or will bring to the table!
They will say they are the Table...
To me the lady does not deserve the guy. This is a hard working guy with a legit Huzzle and bright future ahead of him . Unfortunately the lady is too myopic to see any prospects in Him.
The guy should look for his wife elsewhere. If he began her to marry him, he will continue to beg her to stay in the marriage. Is she's not convinced to me marry the barber why date him in the first place..?

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Samuelriano1(m): 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ybaby:

Gba!!!!

Some of this men cannot get it. Someone that can carry a baby for 9 months you are asking what she brings to the table.... she is the table!

Na you go talk wetin you get to exchange for the 9 months you want her to do for you and it is not FREE

please change that mentality, my mom is paediatrician n my dad a police officer SP earning above 150k, despite mom earning more than him, she still brings something to the table. If I tell her dad has paid my fees, back den in school, she will say ehn oya take dis, use it for rent then, wen it's time for rent, dad sends money I will reverse it, n xplain dat mom gave me d money already. dad doesn't ask her for it, but she sees it as her responsibility also. so it boils down to your conscience and what u see while growing up.

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by FirstSon01: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
TruthUntold:

Annnd when you wake one day and realize half your children aren't yours because said woman had to resort to some lows to fit your ideal type you'll come and open thread on nairaland/Twitter calling her the A word, abi?

My partner will definitely be someone who can take care of themselves without having to open her legs for a man.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:

She will learn..
Let her be
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Newyorkitis(m): 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Iyaebe:
Do you know that you are already a table as a woman?its now left for the man to design his table to his taste.Every woman out there is naturally a table and you’ll find a lot inside that table which most men can never withstand and cope with if roles were exchanged,God designed us differently let’s all embrace whichever part we fall into and also play our roles diligently

Hahahahahahahahahahahhaahahaha

I think you've actually sat down for years to come up with this perspective.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Herculex03(m): 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
jimmychang:

If the woman is the table grin...the man is the carpenter because he dey knack am steady grin grin

Sense no go kill me

More nails to your hammer sir
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Kayceenaz(m): 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:

Men, take note: You don't beg a woman to date you. You don't beg a woman to marry you. If/when she says "No," muster the courage and move on! There was no point of the guy approaching the lady's brother to convince her. He should stop calling/texting her, delete her number and find another woman. There are many fish in ocean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by alphaNomega: 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:

What makes you think the guy is successful? Your sister has dated this guy for a while and knows more about him than you. She is an adult. There is definitely something she has seen and none of you are aware of.

I support her decision.

Women are very good when it comes to picking a life partner. Do not pressure the young lady.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by alphaNomega: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rosement:
Your sister is just making up excuses, she is not just in love with that guy. People cook up excuses when you dislike someone. If she loves the guy peer pressure cannot even be a problem. If that was the problem she could have advised the guy on how to look more presentable. When it comes to love we are not capable of deciding, my heart makes the decision.

Your sister is not wrong, stop pressuring her. It is better for her to marry late and marry well than for her to marry early and be in a toxic and unhealthy relationship. Remember that marriage has got ups and downs. Think about it if she agrees to marry that guy just because you are pressuring her, if the guy becomes broke tomorrow and the vain covering his eyes which is money fades away, will she still love him and be happy in that marriage?

But if she marries someone she loves she will be ready to comfort him and weather any storm with him. Stop being greedy, forget about what the society thinks. There is no first position in marriage, focus more on her sister's happiness.
Thank you very much!

Everyone is berating the poor girl for her choice.

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by alphaNomega: 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
ufotty2001:
Lol. I hope you and the girl have found your better halves

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
chatinent:
what if she bring these

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by chatinent: 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
what if she bring these

I have never seen that used to buy a car as receipt.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by simpleseyi: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
chatinent:

She is bringing her pussssy to the table. That's the only thing they all have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by kawkab: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Please why do men in this platform always sound like women don't have a choice on the kind of man they should marry.

It is her life, let her make her decisions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When A Girl Is 30+...and Still Single. / Funny Things People Do All In The Name Of Love / BBW Gang: Which Of These Nigerian Women Would You Pick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.