Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

She Can't Marry A Barber - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Can't Marry A Barber (30075 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man / She Said She Can't Date Me Because "I'm Too Clean". What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by jclassiq(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:
My fellow nairalanders help me out on this. My immediate elder sister said she can't marry the guy she's dating.

The guy is a successful barber. I love the guy because he seem responsible and well cultured. From the looks of things, he will make a good husband for her.

But my sister shook the whole house yesterday when the supposed barber proposed to her, She outrightly rejected the guy because of his profession.

She's in her mid 20s. Please what should we do? She's getting older but she seems not to realise.

The guy called me this morning and pleaded with me to talk to her. What will I say to her, now?

A wider view will be much appreciated.
Flog her and force her into the marriage . Oloshi

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Bbbw: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
How
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
Abeg leave the little girl to make her choice, not when she start having problems with the guy, she will start blaming you people. Let her be, don't pressurize her, she is still too young to even know her rights as a wife. She has right to object unless you guys had be eating a hell out of the barber's pocket and now wants to use her as a paycheck if not let her be. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Munzy14(m): 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
chatinent:
The most annoying part of all these marriage talks is that there's nothing she is bringing or will bring to the table!
But will come with the highest shakara... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Cousin9999: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Does he have a business or does he just cut hair? There's a difference. If he's had a shop for several years, he's ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Munzy14(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Iyaebe:
Do you know that you are already a table as a woman?its now left for the man to design his table to his taste.Every woman out there is naturally a table and you’ll find a lot inside that table which most men can never withstand and cope with if roles were exchanged,God designed us differently let’s all embrace whichever part we fall into and also play our roles diligently
Ridiculous... lipsrsealed
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Truvelisback(m): 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:
My fellow nairalanders help me out on this. My immediate elder sister said she can't marry the guy she's dating.

The guy is a successful barber. I love the guy because he seem responsible and well cultured. From the looks of things, he will make a good husband for her.

But my sister shook the whole house yesterday when the supposed barber proposed to her, She outrightly rejected the guy because of his profession.

She's in her mid 20s. Please what should we do? She's getting older but she seems not to realise.

The guy called me this morning and pleaded with me to talk to her. What will I say to her, now?

Ur parents should stop feeding her. Let her fend for herself. If na my sister, she go hear weeen. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Mypeople2(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
chatinent:
The most annoying part of all these marriage talks is that there's nothing she is bringing or will bring to the table!
She go carry belle for the guy na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Tzar(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Most unmarried women in their 40s today had one or more men begging to marry them when they were in their 20s.
I hope your sister won’t join this gang of bitter& sad women living in regret.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Munzy14(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zee0007:

There is nothing you can do... undecided

She took him as maga...

It's a pity some guys are on this table now feeling they have found their missing rib.. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by eTen94(m): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
Tie her, flog sense into her skull, chikena
Zee0007:

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Ibkrichie(m): 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
I don't know what happened to girls of nowadays, same things happened yesterday while my girlfriend opened up to me that she's not ready for relationship again that she dont want to waste my time, she even said even in the next 3 years she's not ready.. I was shock when she told me, well as a man life goes on.. I mouve

2 Likes

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Great0ne1: 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2022
Iyaebe:
Where is it written that a woman must bring something to the table?
Mgbeke !! You have sworn with your life, never to be useful to friends and relatives.

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Rosement(f): 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Tzar:
Most unmarried women in their 40s today had one or more men begging to marry them when they were in their 20s.
I hope your sister won’t join this gang of bitter& sad women living in regret.
Are you saying she should accept any guy because she is getting old, whether she loves the guy or not? Is it only unmarried women that are bitter, sad or living in regret? If all married women are enjoying their marriage why has the rate of divorce increased lately?

All human beings face issues, whether married or unmarried but the type of issues people face is determined by the decision they made yesterday. Married women even face more problems than unmarried women. Bitterness has grade o, some married women are suffering in silence that is why some of them die untimely or develop health problems.

It is better to be late than sorry. Why should she sacrifice her happiness to please her family or the society? Marriage is not even a race, why is our society turning it into a running competition? I have seen ladies marry young and marry wrongly and I have seen ladies marry late and marry right. Everybody's time is different. In success there is no come first, first serve, a employee can even become richer than is boss.

3 Likes

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by ufotty2001: 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ybaby:

Smart girl.

You believe she will bring nothing to your table because she is 27 years and yet with her empty table she rejected your empty brain.

Please send me her account no....
She rejected me because am not religious and committed person in church also am not a committed Christian... That is why she rejected me.. she is a teacher while am a chartered accountant. Teacher rejecting an accountant. grin grin grin grin
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Tlyon(m): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
Iyaebe:
In these 21st century we find ourselves its not of a man to kill himself with liabilities of a woman with 2hands and leg but no vision.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by debolistic123(m): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
That's serious ooo
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Tzar(m): 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
She is dating the guy, so she probably loves him. The reason I suspect she refused the proposal is because of the status of the guy. I imagine she is not comfortable with telling people her fiancé is a barber. This is clearly a wrong reason not to get married to someone.
As long as he has a legitimate job and he has a bright future, she can work with him to become the man of status she desires with time.
She apparently wants a ready made guy she can show off to the public who likely don’t wosh her well anyway!

Rosement:

Are you saying she should accept any guy because she is getting old, whether she loves the guy or not? Is it only unmarried women that are bitter, sad or living in regret? If all married women are enjoying their marriage why has the rate of divorce increased lately?

All human beings face issues, whether married or unmarried but the type of issues people face is determined by the decision they made yesterday. Married women even face more problems than unmarried women. Bitterness has grade o, some married women are suffering in silence that is why some of them die untimely or develop health problems.

It is better to be late than sorry. Why should she sacrifice her happiness to please her family or the society? Marriage is not even a race so why should she compete.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by tmoneyu: 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Uncle allow her to make her choice, if u force her the guy will regret it, maybe she is seeing someone else or hoping on someone too, women are crafty,showing them too much love is very bad because they will drop the feelings they have for u, start getting fed up, the guy should give her space and never call her again, he should face his job
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Rosement(f): 11:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
Tzar:
She is dating the guy, so she probably loves him. The reason I suspect she refused the proposal is because of the status of the guy. I imagine she is not comfortable with telling people her fiancé is a barber. This is clearly a wrong reason not to get married to someone.
As long as he has a legitimate job and he has a bright future, she can work with him to become the man of status she desires with time.
She apparently wants a ready made guy she can show off to the public who likely don’t wosh her well anyway!

Op did not say they are dating, they might just be friends and even if they are dating it doesn't matter. A guy sent the story of a rich man's daughter and a poor man's son to me, just because I had no interest in him and I rejected him. She is only seen him as inferior because she doesn't love him.

A lady can marry a guy that is younger than her and still respect him as long as love is involved. If she marries the barber then she is only marrying him out of pity because she is already viewing him as inferior. The foundation of their relationship is already shaking, respect is important in marriage, he will not get the respect he deserves. She is no longer a teenager so she can make her own decision, at this stage in her life she knows what she wants.

I have seen rich men that are barbers by profession so it is not about his occupation. The lady is just making up flamzy excuses, the truth is she is not in love with the guy. When we are in love we are controlled by our heart, if we are not careful we might even stop thinking straight.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Testimony1988(m): 11:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
She shouldn't mind his profession, what should matter most is his character and one who fears God and also hardworking, well you can still talk to her but if she refuses, the man should move on with his life.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Bigfish121(m): 12:38am On Mar 26, 2022
Omo your sister dey find yahoo boy.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Powersurge: 1:24am On Mar 26, 2022
Zee0007:

What does your sister do? How much is her monthly income?
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by vickydevoka(m): 1:54am On Mar 26, 2022
Zee0007:

She's Igbo or Edo lady. When she touch 30 na she go enter Shiloh say God man na man
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by vickydevoka(m): 1:55am On Mar 26, 2022
SurvivorM:
If she cant marry him then why date him??
Anyway it's her life dont force her because any problem she will blame you and her mind in not even in the marriage so she should do what she wants.
At least the guy have a legit profession unlike those yahoo guys
Easier said when a lady is about to leave a guy, if na de man wan leave her u no go say na him life o, u go say men a scum

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by vickydevoka(m): 1:56am On Mar 26, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP, When 2029 or 2030 go come meet ur sister, she go get sense by force! Most Girls re myopic! They dont know dat some small time hustlers have very Robust Bank a/c's!
I swear
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:

Goooodharddick, ounjé yin re sir grin.. coman respond.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:
Do you know that you are already a table as a woman?its now left for the man to design his table to his taste.Every woman out there is naturally a table and you’ll find a lot inside that table which most men can never withstand and cope with if roles were exchanged,God designed us differently let’s all embrace whichever part we fall into and also play our roles diligently

Olofo leleyi sha... Mtsheew!
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:
What did you not just read,change your mentality so that my message can sink

Stfu jare.. brainless hoe.
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 26, 2022
Qatar2022:

Now you are looking for where it's written, lazy idit

You dey mind the opozor? tongue tongue
Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by marcopollo(m): 5:30am On Mar 26, 2022
How can a full grown man propose to a lady and the lady refused, but he's begging for her to change her mind Some men no rate themselves ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: She Can't Marry A Barber by GoooodHardDick: 7:24am On Mar 26, 2022
Fuckaniza:

Goooodharddick, ounjé yin re sir grin.. coman respond.

I don't reply to idiots and parasites. You should know that girl is useless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funny Things People Do All In The Name Of Love / My fiancee Finds It Difficult To Cook & Do House Chores, Is This A Red Flag? / BBW Gang: Which Of These Nigerian Women Would You Pick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.