Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,072 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60182 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Regie2bless: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Donabel1: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zonefree:
HOW TO EARK 50K WEEKLY WITHOUT WORK

How come you didn't pick race after seeing this? Or you wanted to earn without doing any work

The OP is a complete thief, he want to reap where he didn't sow.

No food for a lazy man says God Almighty.
I will bless the labour of your hands says God Almighty.
A faith without deed is dead says God Almighty.

So after all these advices from God Almighty Himself, you still believe that you can receive wages without work.

Are you not a thief ?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by emmykk(m): 6:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
ademola721gmai:
You can write to the EFCC/ICPC since you have the name and the account number of the recipient of the money .

Years nothing will happen.EFCC don't have time for thousand.if you have the phone number Nigeria police CID unit can call the person that often call the scammer get him or her arrested and through that get to the scammer but you will first paid like 30K later they will bill the scammer
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Vello:

If you pay that money, you dense!
Fairmoney are a terrible set of loan parasite and I believe strongly they have a hand in this

They always have hands in all frauds related to them. We caught them real time last year. They are very fraudulent. The people working in that fairmoney in Nigeria are just destroying the reputation of the Indians.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by sniperr007(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Go and report the bank and the police. Asap.

You don't have to worry cos the recipient of the money will be tracked and your money collected.

Report ASAP
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Sochee123: 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
A friend used my account to take a loan of #100,000 for his business because he tried using his account to register but he couldn't. Getting to the time of payment, unfortunately, the business crumbled so he had to be paying in bits although he started late. Now he had paid 45k through me to a so-called fairmoni staff who had been chatting with me on when to pay up the loan(remember my account details was used in getting this money). I felt he was genuine because he knew the exact amount my friend was owing and all of that. Only for me to be called by another staff of theirs that I haven't paid a dime! And this person was giving me account details with fairmoni as the account name, the very same bank fairmoni uses for transactions and all of that. I was devastated cos I know how my friend has been struggling to raise the money. I'm surprised that they don't have a good security system there at all. And I'm sure it's an insider that's doing this, because who else will know the details of people owing them

Only God knows how many people have been scammed by the same person with this style.
And they can't even seem to fish out the person. The guy was using their logo, even attached fairmoni to his name on Truecaller.
They should better fish out the thief else I'm not making any more payments cos I don't understand why they're still calling me to pay when an insider has scammed me.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by sniperr007(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:

What I could deduce from your tale is that despite your outstanding loan, you could still access additional 150,000 loan from Fairmoney.

So why go through a phising link to earn 50k without working when you could have logged into your account and apply for the money for the proposed dropshipping business ?

Person need solution you are doing fault finding. If you can't offer solution. Please stop reminding the person of their mistake.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Torg77: 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

lol formats everywhere. Some of you come here telling fairy tales then threaten suicide in hope that people will send you money. Nobody is going to send you money. If you die you die LOL
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.
My mind hasn't been at rest since it happened..
I depend on the money I get from my parent as I am student and I'm not working.
. Tell your parents I don't think they had prefer to loose you because of 150k but u should also admit ur greed led u to it
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Jmichael1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ijaya123:
There’s no fair money in Fairmoney.

As a matter of fact, flee from all those loan apps. It usually doesn’t end well.

Peace, I’m out.

i cursed d day i knw abt loan app,dis guys has dealt with me without repair....

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Regie2bless: 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

https://molinahealthcare.life that OTP u received was a pin of 150k, though the website said 50k actually it is not 50k but 150k, dem just put the 50k there to attract unsuspecting person, who just click the link just know say na 150 dem wan collect instead of 50k. The only solution is, go to efcc office tomorrow morning to lay Ur complain and see as they will help u, a notice might be sent to fairmoney say u were duped via their app.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
the OTP pin you received is not for 50k but 150k, dem just put the 50k there to attract unsuspecting person, who just click the link just know say na 150 dem wan collect instead of 50k. The only solution is, go to efcc office tomorrow morning to lay Ur complain and see as they will help u, a notice might be sent to fairmoney say u were duped via their app
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by We4all: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
einsteine:

Fairmoney credits your Fairmoney wallet when the loan is taken. You can transfer from there to anywhere

Seriously? Nah, all shades of wrong. This will encourage scamming. If the funds goes into the bank accounts, it wouldn’t have been so easy for the scammer.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by gfon(m): 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
ademola721gmai:
You can write to the EFCC/ICPC since you have the name and the account number of the recipient of the money .
the holder of that account might even be innocent too,it might just be an account that was scammed too. They use the account and receive the money then move it again

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by We4all: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
babaolofin:

They always have hands in all frauds related to them. We caught them real time last year. They are very fraudulent. The people working in that fairmoney in Nigeria are just destroying the reputation of the Indians.

Is FairMoney an Indian company?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by PhilipReigns(m): 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
dawnomike:
Sorry about that... You fell for a bad one.
Serves him right, I keep saying it, there's no free money anywhere, even the yahoo yahoo people burns money thru Data and subscription and doesn't sleep at night, before small money drop. you want to earn Free 50k weekly without work. Lazy youth!

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Slickest(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2022
You are a very foolish fellow... you lost 150k cozor 50k...lazy youth
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by dkickz: 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
Have a Lawyer place the account you transferred the money to on LIEN with proof that you didn't initiate the transaction. Your money might be reversed hopefully.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by pheelhip(m): 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
RiyadhGoddess:
Op Pele!

Ladies seeking a place to rent for a short period (a week, a month, 2 month), I have an apartment for short let at Abraham Adesanya Estate Ajah for shikini money (13k per week) pere smiley. Pay and move in nikan loku grin.
See my profile for more info

Shortet 13k per week
Na runs girl you wan lease your shortlet to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by bola01234: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

Go report at the bank
They would block the acct of the person and get the person arrested

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Go report at the bank
They would block the acct of the person and get the person arrested
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Ajimusty2: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.
.go to your sigi,u see that deep thinker?remove it.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by mrksquare: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.

Since you have the details of the account through which the money was paid, do a letter to EFCC.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Josbreed: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Op, let me ask you, did the money enter your account? If it did, then you gast to pay. But if it did not, you should report to NIITDA, they will protect you and you won't have to pay a dime.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by LaPrimero: 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Op You were not scammed by Fairmoney. The website was a phishing Website. The website siphons credit card information and account details from Unsuspecting Individuals. Another Phishing platform is the fake 1Xbet website that pops up annoyingly while browsing. Scammers are becoming more creative This days

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by thanksjosh005: 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

It wasn't a post on fairmoney app. It was an advert through fairmoney. Every app owners does that to make money from ads, as in Google ads. Now it is either fairmoney 's fault or not. Did you read and undestand their terms and conditions especially for users? You may or may not have the right to sue them on this issue. That ad was inappropriate and illegal. End of story!
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Techhybeam: 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
That fairmoney.ng is a fake website, sorry for your loss. Fair money suppose to have bought all other common name extensions to avoid something like this.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by gaftsoil(m): 6:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
U have 150k and u r looking 4 free 50k, nawa o. Contact EFCC
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
Techhybeam:
That fairmoney.ng is a fake website, sorry for your loss. Fair money suppose to have bought all other common name extensions to avoid something like this.

It is an insiders deal. Fairmoney cannot claim ignorance of this.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by EASY39(m): 6:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kindly direct your issue to Barrister olajemigbesi,the human right lawyer that stood against this dubious online loan banking agent.It will help
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by brightalo1010: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

Because of the ASUU strike I have been more active on the internet looking for jobs.

I have tried Upwork and Fiverr but for some reasons I'm not qualified for some of the jobs. In fact I haven't made money on those free lancing apps.

This is not a scam. I have all the evidences. The conversation between me and the person and every other things to prove it's not a scam.

You be mumu man.

The advert said earn 50k without doing any work. Ask your coconut head how on earth someone can earn money in Africa or anywhere on earth without work.

Who are you threatening with suicide? Abeg shift
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by OvertheTop(m): 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

STOP CLICKING Mouth watering Links on the Web.....
Its Very Dangerous.....
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Tobidarker02: 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Nice advert
The gullible ones will swallow this rubbish
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Tobidarker02: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have a loan I haven't paid before.
I was to pay 13,400 monthly for the next 5 months. I could handle that..

The scammer took a 150,000 loan + the commission and my own outstanding loan. That's why the loan balance is over ₦150.
You are a terrible liar
No loan app will borrow you extra money when you are still owing

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

6 Yahoo Boys Arrested by EFCC With 10 laptops, 17 Phones & a Car in Abuja (Pics / Fulani Herdsmen Take Their Dead Cows To Emir's Palace In Lafia After Attack / TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.