Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? (66365 Views)

My Aunt In Nigeria Stopped Liking My Photos / I'm Crushing On This Woman(photo) / Nairalander Help Me!!! I'm Crushing On This Girl [pix] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Shagbatshagba: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2022
Roycemadeit:

Marriage should not change anyone especially their desires and btw no one can fulfill all the desires of their partner, just as no one should claim to own a person child or partner, the fact that your father a person shouldn't give you the idea that they are yours.

i dnt get u roycemadeit......so if i father my child are u saying i should nt have d mindset of me owning my child?
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Roycemadeit(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2022
Shagbatshagba:

I don't get u roycemadeit......so if I father my child are u saying I should not have d mindset of me owning my child?

A human is not an object, like a phone, you know. They are capable of making their own decision but when you have the mindset that you own them, you will do a lot of things that would limit their experience of life and interest. Asides from this, it should not matter if one is the father or not, the most important thing is that that child is human, the mentality that governs the idea of ownership is the root cause of separatism and this is why the world is toxic.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by cjscon(m): 9:09am On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:
I'm married with two beautiful children..
I love my husband no doubt....
But I noticed that I'm beginning to like my reverend, I don't know how to explain this...
He is married with children too but we are kinda fond of each other...
How do I stop this unusual feeling , I can't stop going to church cos my husband would be mad at me.
[b]simple open up to your husband and later the drama unfold,he will build a walk of fortress around with jealous and monitoring eyes am sure ur Rev.will get the message and flee...you self try and go for alter call and give ur life to Christ again[/b]

2 Likes

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 9:44am On Apr 11, 2022
EkyyyKelson:
This is really serious... Trust me, you can't stand that man in privacy. You're likely not goona know what happens within just 1o minutes. You have feelings for him. It's evident. Now, the most important thing is avoid being in a private place with him. Avoid it even if your hubby is aware of you meeting him. This should be your number one priority.

I avoid this man, but he finds way of coming to me...everytime...

Coming to me reminds me of him which makes the feeling triggers.
Normally after church closes, I have to wait for my husband around the church cos he has to reach out to other people in the church, so while waiting this man finds a way of coming around, we exchange gestures , talk if necessary and then depart....
I avoid him, he comes to me, what I hate most is the way he greets only me among people , I feel awkward and I'm feeling it might just stir up jealousy in others...
These are my thoughts and I feel I might be wrong about it.........

If only he can avoid me, I'll be very fine, someone mentions that I snub him, how can I possibly can without sending negative messages to other people around...
Someone who is supposed to be respected and honoured is someone I'm asked to snub.....
Don't think that goes down well with me.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2022
Is your name Rebecca ?
Anyways Matthew 5:29 says And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. So woman you have it here . If he greets you answer him but with the way he gives you attention I’m sure he has a crush or feelings for you that why he is giving you unnecessary attention. I’m guessing it’s an Anglican Church
AntiMen:

Normally after church closes, I have to wait for my husband around the church cos he has to reach out to other people in the church, so while waiting this man finds a way of coming around, we exchange gestures , talk if necessary and then depart....
I avoid him, he comes to me, what I hate most is the way he greets only me among people , I feel awkward and I'm feeling it might just stir up jealousy in others...

If only he can avoid me, I'll be very fine, someone mentions that I snub him, how can I possibly can without sending negative messages to other people around...
Someone who is supposed to be respected and honoured is someone I'm asked to snub.....
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 11:30am On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:

Madam dem no dey handle adultery with kid gloves!

If you and that man are left alone in a secret room una must kpansh.
Admit this and realise the dangerous path you're treading.

He has dishonored himself by stalking you, a married woman; without consideration for your husband, a fellow minister!

You sent a kiss emoji.
It was a mistake. But your so-called reverend took it in good faith. He never promptly rebuked or blocked you.
He never asked you about it. He never felt offended that a married woman would send such to him, a man of God.
Yet, after all that he has continued cornering you and leading you on.

Its obvious he assumed you really have adulterous feelings for him and is prepared to get into your pants.
I'm typing this with so much anger in me right now.
Because I've seen too much of adultery and fornication among Christians that it makes me sick to the stomach.

Snub that man. Forget about what people will say. Christ is the one to be honoured in the church above any man.
If you must dishonor a man to honour Christ, you should be alright.

The people you're considering are already gossipping about you and reverend.

Snubbing him will at least exonerate you from the whole rubbish and at least show these people it wasn't what they thought after all.

If your husband gets to hear this from neighborhood gossip, then consider yourself a goner in your matrimonial home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 11:37am On Apr 11, 2022
You said it right . I think you see all I’m seeing . The rev is Trying to have something to do with her and she is Naive.
Not all men of God are call by God some call themselves and some are called by men .
Soon he’ll call her to ask her opinion on something In a private place and from there na friends then partners in sin .
The man on his own thru his signals is an adulterous man or a potential adulterous man . It looks like he is sending signals but not bold enough to follow because she hasn’t given him a go ahead . The special treatment shows it all. Even if she avoids him he will keep coming harder . I think she should avoid him completely stop trying to give him face or communicate with him , I’m sure she is always dying to do so .
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

Madam dem no dey handle adultery with kid gloves!

If you and that man are left alone in a secret room una must kpansh.
Admit this and realise the dangerous path you're treading.

He has dishonored himself by stalking you, a married woman; without consideration for your husband, a fellow minister!

You sent a kiss emoji.
It was a mistake. But your so-called reverend took it in good faith. He never promptly rebuked or blocked you.
He never asked you about it. He never felt offended that a married woman would send such to him, a man of God.
Yet, after all that he has continued cornering you and leading you on.

Its obvious he assumed you really have adulterous feelings for him and is prepared to get into your pants.
I'm typing this with so much anger in me right now.
Because I've seen too much of adultery and fornication among Christians that it makes me sick to the stomach.

Snub that man. Forget about what people will say. Christ is the one to be honoured in the church above any man.
If you must dishonor a man to honour Christ, you should be alright.

The people you're considering are already gossipping about you and reverend.

Snubbing him will at least exonerate you from the whole rubbish and at least show these people it wasn't what they thought after all.

If your husband gets to hear this from neighborhood gossip, then consider yourself a goner in your matrimonial home.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 11:48am On Apr 11, 2022
This is a good advice.
thestandard:
Identify d reason for d feelings which IMO is because he took interest in ur growth. Confront d feeling by taking up responsibities within d church and sharing jists about d responsibilties wit ur husband..the feeling shld subside because what gives strenght to sin is secrecy...then continue normal...if u now notice reverend keeps coming closer, then u have to report to ur husband cos at that point, he may not be sincere again...pls stop d hiding and him seeking u out stuff..it will only give strenght to d feelings..cheers

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
True
Roseey0:

That's all .
Emotion will remain emotions.
Just don't act on it
It will fade with time.
It's absolutely normal
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
chioma134:

@OP, I understand your situation perfectly. You also posted this story on my thread. I understand these intense feelings, you can't easily wish them away.
I'll advise you to always pray to God for help and read your Bible every day (the word of God is the food of the spirit, it will give you the strength you need to overcome temptation). Then as much as possible, limit physical contact with him. Go to church, but avoid stealing glances at him, worship your God and go home. No phone calls or chats with him, create an excuse why you can't.

Never tell your spouse, he'll never understand and even if he does, he would be hurt. If you're sincere, the feelings will go and you'll come to realise that he's just like every other man with time. Also train your mind to recognize when your thoughts wander to him and quickly replace the thoughts with clean ones. For instance, if you imagine making love to him, quickly put your husband in place of him in your thoughts. And know that he won't be the only man you'll crush on in your lifetime. So develop the habit of nipping these feelings in the bud.

[/b]But be sure the Reverend knows what he's doing. You're not imagining it. He's manipulating you, trying to seduce you without saying a word, and then allowing the feelings he has stirred up in you to bring you to his doorstep and possibly his bed. Be wise, my sister.[b]

NB: Just curious, your church setting sounds like any of the Orthodox churches eg Anglican, Presbyterian, Methodist or Baptist. Am I wrong?
the bolded is very clear to see . The man is seducing her but waiting on her to give a pass before she can press forward .

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
azammi:
Is your name Rebecca ?
Anyways Matthew 5:29 says And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. So woman you have it here . If he greets you answer him but with the way he gives you attention I’m sure he has a crush or feelings for you that why he is giving you unnecessary attention. I’m guessing it’s an Anglican Church

Yes bro, an A.g church.....
I avoid him, he finds a way of coming close,he did it thrice yesterday...Greeted me thwice at different times during ......, held me hands at another time to move back during general prayers somewhere...

There was no interaction,but came home wondering wats up with me....Whenever my husband and I are having conversations my mind is always somewhere else cos of this issue...

I want to be myself again....
This is not me...

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by kobarney(m): 1:12pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:

Alright let's assume you were my husband and I tell you this, what would be your reaction, what would you advice me to do?

I've done something similar to him, I'm this who used to be blunt and very opened , especially when it comes to having discussions with my husband but based on his reactions to things, you'll know some things are better left unsaid..

But trust me, I can never have a scandal with him...
My own body is my pride , I don't know about others ooo, but I carry mine with dignity....

Do not tell your husband certain thoughts will surround his head. It is best here to apply wisdom. Your actions will ward off your reverend IF HE HAS YOU IN MIND or will distract you from getting fund of him. In church surround yourself around your husband and other persons of interest. Count all the beautiful things you see in your man you don’t find in any one else. Make conversations with your rev brief and almost immediate. AVOID CONTACT.. you should act natural as in smile or laugh when talking with him but literally run. Never have a private meeting with him. Save yourself this stress now.

Like you said. It was there before but not it’s intense. Had you handled this earlier on this would not be the case. HANDLE THIS NOW.

LET ME ADD. the human mind is fickle, too fickle. You may have subconsciously fed in your mind your rev tone, soft spoken ness perhaps, smile and mannerism which may seem attractive to you and now you’re yearning for it which is actually a problem BECAUSE YOU ARE MARRIED.. you must fill and replace those thoughts and expectations that you are married and with that of your husband’s. You’re on a ticking time bomb. It don’t matter how much you say I can’t cheat on my husband. A simple chat where you appear to like him could just be it and boom..

PS you should have deleted that kiss emoji you mistakenly sent. A mistake is meant to be corrected. Don’t be a fool.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by kobarney(m): 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:

We don't chat nor communicate, except he wants to pass a very vital info to me, and this happens once or twice a month, our communication mostly happens in the church and he's the one who usually initiates it.......
I might be somewhere, the next is just see him come close, calls my name, smile at me and pass or have a conversation if he wants to talk.

Take for example, some loving spirited guys adviced that I stay away from him and avoid close contact with him, I needed the advice, but this same pastor greeted me on two different occasions during evangelism, I couldn't look into his face , I was embarrassed for my friend who was beside me, he didn't greet her ,only me on two different occasions.....and at other time after church service, he held my hands to move back during prayers ,I didn't go to meet him, he always have a way of coming around me.....leading my feelings on but going mute until the next meeting in church....

Next time… should he hold you, muster the courage to ask. “Reverend… is there something? (By this I mean.. is there something you want to tell me?)” it may surprise him and shake him off balance. Should he say “No” or try something like “How was the family… and all that shit to cover it up, reply him then go on to say “oh..I thought you had an info for me” with a straight face.

Expect a WhatsApp message that night. There let him know your stand. Of course you know what to say.

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
I’m not saying he is bad but it’s clearly showing that he wants something with the behavior and holding hands I don’t see this as him being concerned with your spiritual growth or anything like that . I think whenever you are in church try to be sitting with your Husband and be with him majority of the time in church and stop giving it too much thought cause the more you think of him the more you will want to see him .What you’re feeling is lust and it’s coming from the attention he is giving you [/b].i’ll like to ask you What are you thoughts when you think about him ? Do you find him attractive? How old are you ? Does your husband give you the same attention you get from rev? , does he make you feel wanted? [b]
AntiMen:

Yes bro, an A.g church.....
I avoid him, he finds a way of coming close,he did it thrice yesterday...Greeted me thwice at different times during ......, held me hands at another time to move back during general prayers somewhere...

There was no interaction,but came home wondering wats up with me....Whenever my husband and I are having conversations my mind is always somewhere else cos of this issue...

I want to be myself again....
This is not me...

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
The reverend has other motives with the way he is seeking attention from a married woman.
kobarney:

Next time… should he hold you, muster the courage to ask. “Reverend… is there something? (By this I mean.. is there something you want to tell me?)” it may surprise him and shake him off balance. Should he say “No” or try something like “How was the family… and all that shit to cover it up, reply him then go on to say “oh..I thought you had an info for me” with a straight face.

Expect a WhatsApp message that night. There let him know your stand. Of course you know what to say.

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
azammi:
I’m not saying he is bad but it’s clearly showing that he wants something with the behavior and holding hands I don’t see this as him being concerned with your spiritual growth or anything like that . I think whenever you are in church try to be sitting with your Husband and be with him majority of the time in church and stop giving it too much thought cause the more you think of him the more you will want to see him .What you’re feeling is lust and it’s coming from the attention he is giving you [/b].i’ll like to ask you What are you thoughts when you think about him ? Do you find him attractive? How old are you ? Does your husband give you the same attention you get from rev? , does he make you feel wanted? [b]
I'm in the choir, while he is usually busy during service attending to other things, when church closes and there's a procession outside the church , the choristers go out first followed by the priests so there's always an opportunity for him to reach out to me amongst every other person .....

Well my thoughts about him is generally about his teachings in church, how well and soft spoken he is,imagining sitting with him and having conversations like a brother, appreciating that he honours me amongst other people especially when another lady my peer group also married is throwing herself at him but he is not giving her the attention she needs and all that....

So that's basically what I think of..
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2022
kobarney:

Do not tell your husband certain thoughts will surround his head. It is best here to apply wisdom. Your actions will ward off your reverend IF HE HAS YOU IN MIND or will distract you from getting fund of him. In church surround yourself around your husband and other persons of interest. Count all the beautiful things you see in your man you don’t find in any one else. Make conversations with your rev brief and almost immediate. AVOID CONTACT.. you should act natural as in smile or laugh when talking with him but literally run. Never have a private meeting with him. Save yourself this stress now.

Like you said. It was there before but not it’s intense. Had you handled this earlier on this would not be the case. HANDLE THIS NOW.

LET ME ADD. the human mind is fickle, too fickle. You may have subconsciously fed in your mind your rev tone, soft spoken ness perhaps, smile and mannerism which may seem attractive to you and now you’re yearning for it which is actually a problem BECAUSE YOU ARE MARRIED.. you must fill and replace those thoughts and expectations that you are married and with that of your husband’s. You’re on a ticking time bomb. It don’t matter how much you say I can’t cheat on my husband. A simple chat where you appear to like him could just be it and boom..

PS you should have deleted that kiss emoji you mistakenly sent. A mistake is meant to be corrected. Don’t be a fool.
He read the message before I could delete it, so I said it in my mind that God knows I never meant to send it..
Deleting it would be damage control.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by godliman: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
Adams1989:
You are a prostitute and a daughter of jazibell,God will pornish you, Olosho kill you there
Does insulting her make you more holy than her? Someone in distress needs help all you can do is add insult to injury. If we can't make things better let us not make them worse.
To the OP my candid advice to you is to prayer and fast about this problem. Study God's word and deliberately avoid the Reverend as much as possible but don't make it dramatic. You know deep down in your heart that this is a no go area so just perish the though since it is mission impossible. The only legitimate way is that your own husband and the Reverend's wive must die for you to marry him and to think of that is outrageous.
Mean while understand our nature as mortals, sometimes we have this morbid fugitive feelings and impulses that come over us to make us imagine , think or desire the impossible, they die off with time. Imaging me having a crush on the President's wife or on my own blood sister or cousin? I know it is madness and I treat it as such. Thanks and God help you.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
Abc2Z:
Hummmmmm

You are not the one having the feelings, the Rev made you have the feelings and I can boldly say you have made a costly mistake by sending kiss emoticon.

Well you have to wait for his response to know your next move: if he warned you not to send such, use the opportunity to tell him it's a mistake and pls stop chatting with him. If he also send a romantic emoticon use the opportunity to tell him you made a missending it then tell him that the two of you should give each other space to avoid stories that touch.

Tell your husband that you need him to advise you, that you notice that the Rev is crushing in you. Why must he always mention your name, why greeting you alone in a gathering. Tell your husband you want to save your marriage.

If you fail to stop this now, I can boldly say it that your marriage is at stake and your husband will know latter and by then he would think you are already in a relationship with the Rev.

Feeling for another person aside your husband will tell in your marriage except if your husband don't notice.

Don't think it's nothing. The Rev also crush on you.

Distance yourself.

There's this day I stylishly told my hubby about him always calling my name like he's whinning me, my husband said something to defend him like he just likes hailing me that's all.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
Well then I can see that you enjoy the attention and the fact that he pick you over another person makes you feel special. And you admire his qualities . Do your husband have the same qualities as him ? .

[/b]I’ll advise you on one thing Pray about it use this scripture
Proverbs 4:23 Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life.

Just say O lord help me guard my heart .

trust me it works , you can pray it for 10 -30 minutes everyday for 21 days at anytime.

If you don’t believe that God can help you add this prayer -
O lord please help my Un believe
And help me guard my heart
- O lord deliver me from temptation.b]

Just this two and you will see God intervention .
I’m following you so I’ll see your testimony when you post about it . I trust God will work if you’ll humble yourself to Call on him .

About those qualities you admire could be a little problem if anything happens in your marriage (maybe a little disagreement)you’ll find yourself running to him because of the qualities you admire and it’s might lead to something.

Don’t try to be friends atall just be a church Hi and Hy and please avoid little helps and the urge to ask for him if you need any need arises in the future .unless you have no option .

If you find yourself thinking about him then read the Bible The books That talked about Christ will help you a lot .

Don’t try to avoid him anymore when he says hi you reply him and work pass trust me with time you’ll see it as normal and won’t regard the attention much .

Don’t try to hard with your own strength cause it has already failed you , just pray that prayer and trust God and he will help you .

I will be praying for you Rebecca and I’ll be expecting a different story next time .
This is my best solution for you now cause you clearly can’t do it on your own .
AntiMen:

I'm in the choir, while he is usually busy during service attending to other things, when church closes and there's a procession outside the church , the choristers go out first followed by the priests so there's always an opportunity for him to reach out to me amongst every other person .....

Well my thoughts about him is generally about his teachings in church, how well and soft spoken he is,imagining sitting with him and having conversations like a brother, appreciating that he honours me amongst other people especially when another lady my peer group also married is throwing herself at him but he is not giving her the attention she needs and all that....

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Don’t bring it up again with him , most people won’t see a religions leader as being capable of wrong . Follow what I and godliman has said and I promise you an instant result .
But wherever you find yourself thinking of him resist the devil and he will flee , the only way to do this is reading and meditating the word of God.
Don’t worry about those feelings it will die and If he has any bad intentions it will die . I really feel concerned about this situation cause it seems you’re helpless in your own strength so rely on God through prayers and problem solved .
I still feel a hundred percent certain that he Reverend has an ulterior motives .
AntiMen:

There's this day I stylishly told my hubby about him always calling my name like he's whinning me, my husband said something to defend him like he just likes hailing me that's all.

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2022
Did he reply?
AntiMen:
He read the message before I could delete it, so I said it in my mind that God knows I never meant to send it..
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2022
azammi:
Did he reply?

No ,just read and went mute...

Since I said goodbye after the lips emoticon
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by oojehshez(f): 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
VOsimhen144:
You're married with kids and you claim you still love your husband But yet you're crushing, liking and developing feelings for another man. Nawa oo!

This is the main reason why most guys don't take Nigerian women serious.

I do come across some foolish articles on nairaland like "How to make a woman love and respect you" "How to make a woman stay with you till eternity" "How to make a woman do this... How to make a woman do that... Blah blah blah" the funny thing is, SIMPs will even be saying "nice one op".

Lol, seriously I go just dey laugh and dey look them like mgbeke.

Oga, if you like give Nigerian women the whole world, If you like chase everybody away to planet Mars and give her the whole earth. She would still cheat on you to go collect better preek in planet Mars.

Dear Men, don't ever take Nigerian women serious Please. Avoid Nigeria women like a plague.

Meanwhile.. Adeleke ifeanyi be like Madam carry your mouth go one side... abeg.

Really, but men can get married have a dozen children and still have extra marital affairs...bros go and get wisdom.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lol ok then . Be careful next time , that might have sent a wrong signal but who knows .

Can you do the prayers I sent you? If yes it would go a long way even if you can do it for 5days .
AntiMen:

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by oojehshez(f): 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
She only asked for opinion not criticism. If una no get solution for her, just waka pass or hold on to see person wey get wisdom to reply. No come dey use your personal frustration affect others online. Not catching cruise with other peoples' problem and causing more depression for the OP. No wonder mental health issue dey dey plenty these days. All these replies fit make person drown. I wonder why we find joy in putting others down.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by kobarney(m): 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:

Indeed this is actually a “crush”. Think of all of the advice we have given you here nectar time you see him. See him as a ticking time bomb to your marriage. Do not be deceived by your mind. The “why me?” Feeling your mind gives you is a trap. You’re beginning to feel special cos he shows you more attention. No. You’re not special you’re MARRIED
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by kobarney(m): 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:

You would have done damage control o and expressly state it clear that it was a wrong emoji. It’s important to state things clear because…
1. He’s a spiritual head
2. You’re married
3. Married to a Leader under reverend.

Scandal easy to start o.

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by kobarney(m): 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:

You can’t blame your hubby. Na church all of una de and everyone knows your reverend is a goooooood man. Lol.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by kobarney(m): 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:

Ohh after the lips emoji you still texted “Goodbye” and you didn’t delete the error emoji

Looooll. This woman!!!! You may have been the one who erroneously ignited this madness afterall ���
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Nairalandite: 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:
I'm married with two beautiful children..
I love my husband no doubt....
But I noticed that I'm beginning to like my reverend, I don't know how to explain this...
He is married with children too but we are kinda fond of each other...
How do I stop this unusual feeling , I can't stop going to church cos my husband would be mad at me.

Based on the information here. I will not in any way suggest what is not suggested here about the reverend. But you as a focus, you called those spiritual stuffs shit or unprintable names which settles it that you are not born again else you won't have said that. It shows that you have work to do on yourself which is that you need to be born again genuinely and not just lip talk. Then you can talk of receiving heaven's help to address this. That crush should be crushed before it crushes you into adultery. Now go to God in prayers to help rid of that crush and ask for more love for your husband. You said the pastor seeks your spiritual growth which is not bad at all. Since your husband seems to be a leader, discuss with him how you can grow if you desire it. Also the impression being created by the special greeting from the Reverend should be addressed by you meeting the reverend there in the open and wisely chip it in that you don't feel good with the way he singles you out of the crowd that you think the growth of everyone should be his concern and not only you that you will be fine if he greets everyone just generally and not the singling out (NOTE:- IN THE OPEN). So you touching your lips in response to his greeting only showed that the devil is hell bent on finishing you only if you agree and you have started agreeing. (1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil).Stop every suggestive gestures and limit your coming around the reverend and don't forget to add the reverend to your prayer any time you are praying against the deadly crush. (James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you).

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
I wanted to say that part also ,no matter she should have deleted it or said it was an error . Op maybe that’s why he greeted you thrice .
kobarney:

Ohh after the lips emoji you still texted “Goodbye” and you didn’t delete the error emoji

Looooll. This woman!!!! You may have been the one who erroneously ignited this madness afterall ���

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Akwa-Ibom: Man Stuck In Friend's Wife During Adulterous Sex / 46-year-old American Woman, Set To Marry Her 23-year-old Nigerian Lover / Funny Video Of Oyinbo Man And His Yoruba Bride On Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.