Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? (66344 Views)

My Aunt In Nigeria Stopped Liking My Photos / I'm Crushing On This Woman(photo) / Nairalander Help Me!!! I'm Crushing On This Girl [pix] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by DrayZee: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiMen:

Yes bro, an A.g church.....
I avoid him, he finds a way of coming close,he did it thrice yesterday...Greeted me thwice at different times during ......, held me hands at another time to move back during general prayers somewhere...

There was no interaction,but came home wondering wats up with me....Whenever my husband and I are having conversations my mind is always somewhere else cos of this issue...

I want to be myself again....
This is not me...
Just do what you want. His intentions are clear, and you know he’s not doing anything innocently. You’ve always known.
You too, do your own.
If you want to give in, then give in. All these excuses to hold yourself from telling him off are lame.
Now you’re holding hands, and husbands conversations are no longer holding water.
Another potential case of a woman falling an easy prey to a pastor. A man with perceived charisma gives them attention and they can’t control themselves. Typical.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by godliman: 4:50am On Apr 12, 2022
DrayZee:

Just do what you want. His intentions are clear, and you know he’s not doing anything innocently. You’ve always known.
You too, do your own.
If you want to give in, then give in. All these excuses to hold yourself from telling him off are lame.
Now you’re holding hands, and husbands conversations are no longer holding water.
Another potential case of a woman falling an easy prey to a pastor. A man with perceived charisma gives them attention and they can’t control themselves. Typical.
Let me assume you are being sarcastic. There is no big deal here, she can win over this by following all the good counsels giving here so far. And when all else seem to fail, possessing the real fear of God will do the trick.
* Remember God is a consuming fire,
*remember it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the leaving God,
*remember marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefined but whoremongers and adulterers God will God will judge
If in spite of all these barriers and barricades the OP is still helplessly under the gravitational pull to adultery, then we must ask some fundamental questions as to whether she has ever met Christ and known him as her Lord and saviour, whether she has truly being born again. Because if any one has encountered Christ the proof is that he becomes a new creature, old things have passed away and all things have become new. As for the Reverend he occupies the pulpit not pushpit. He should pull people from sin and hell not push them into it. Like as I said earlier, most people have these thoughts and fantasies but they die with time when ignored.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Lorayne(m): 5:53am On Apr 12, 2022
It's this kinda thing that make me scared of marriage.

@AntiMen, you know you re already emotionally cheating on your husband right?

Google Esther perel and see if any of her books can help you.

If I may ask. Is there anything missing in your marriage? Does your husband not give you much attention? Are you in a deadbedroom? Is there a lack of intimacy?

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by luluosas(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2022
Lies
Hardquy:

I am born of God
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Ezemeiyogu(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2022
AntiMen:

Highlight the steps, let's hear it out.
He has a loving personality, even my husband speaks well of him..
So I can't imagine any negative thing bout him and start hating him...

Last time (have done so record times) I did it. I imagined a very terrible skin infection ravaging her succulent body.
Till today, I practically feel like throwing up each time she comes close.

I had simply liked this girl since my undergraduate days (she was a fresher). She was in one Kain relationship with the 'student pastor' of my lodge then.

I came back to my Alma mater last year for an assignment and found out she's married but according to her, "it's just introduction", I have in countless occasions had great conversations with her virtually in every facet of life (we also shared the same lodge). She always wishes to have me around her, sometimes I help her with assignments, and even when I can't, I push her to research well and make a good presentation.

Now, babe been dey enjoy my room, even my bed "indiscriminately" until some feelings started creeping in.
I had told myself that God forbid I have an affair with a married fellow. So I developed that imagination.

You can ignore the story, I just wanted to show you that my condition shouldn't have been lighter than yours, yet I already developed a strong allergy meant for escape.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Hardquy(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2022
luluosas:
Lies
I don't care if you believe me or not. I believe God and myself
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by emaopel: 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
AntiMen:

Thanks for telling me the blunt truth, but my husband holds key position in the church, there's no reason I give that would be meaningful to him except I become opened about the issue...Actually I didn't get close to him, but he ( Reverend) seems to be interested in my spiritual life, often times he wants me do certain church activities which I usually dodge, since then each time he sees me in church, he doesn't fail to call my name, if I'm seated amongst my friends, he will call me, greet me and pass, every time , since then I began to have this funny feeling for him...

It's not that serious though but it's becoming intense unlike before.
Do you get enough care from your husband? This your feeling is devilish and the Reverend might hate it if he notice your feeling... Pray to God
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by CrownedPhoenix: 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
undecided
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
CrownedPhoenix:
AntiMen

Thanks Phoenix...

This is duely noted....
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Ayt27(m): 4:10am On Apr 17, 2022
HRSweetness:

And this right here, is the crux of the matter.

Hey! Where you been?
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by HRSweetness(f): 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ayt27:

Hey! Where you been?
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by kobarney(m): 7:06am On Apr 18, 2022
Hello @ Antimen! Just checking up on you. Yesterday was Easter and a very busy Sunday for the Christian family at large. I hope you put to good use the advice given.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
kobarney:
Hello @ Antimen! Just checking up on you. Yesterday was Easter and a very busy Sunday for the Christian family at large. I hope you put to good use the advice given.

Can I send you a message?
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Freelane33(m): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2022
Don't walk away
Don't walk away, away
Don't walk away
Don't walk, baby, don't walk away
Don't walk away
Don't walk away, away
Don't walk away
Don't walk
Baby, don't walk away
Said you can go Bleep somebody
I did not say to cuff somebody
Still you went and you found somebody
Bitch, I thought there was nobody
I'm on my lonely
I'm on some Bleep everybody
I'm on some just let it cool
Put you on this pedestal
Like, "Look what I did, look what I did, look what I did"
I made you a star, gave you your start, look what I did
Made you who you are, that's why you rock your style like this
And all of your friends'll still tell you that I'm him
I'm him, this nigga that you be lookin' for
The one that you wanna be cookin' for, I'm him
This nigga that you be textin' with
The one that you wanna be sexin' with, I'm him (don't walk away)
Yes, I'm him, yes, I'm him (don't walk away)
Even though I talk crazy, get under your skin, I'm him (don't walk away)
Sent you to the streets, I want you back (don't walk)
'Cause all of these niggas that play with the ball and rap
Gon' treat you like crap (baby, don't walk away)
And this is not the place for that
And this is not somethin' you're built for (don't walk away)
You are not built for that (don't walk away)
No, you are not built for that (away)
Imagine seein' me out and (don't walk away)
Havin' to act like
Like we don't even see each other (don't walk)
Like we don't even need each other
When you know I'm needin' you back (baby, don't walk away)
It's tearin' my soul to pieces
I sent you out to the streets and
And now I made my bed, gotta sleep in it
And now I need you back in my home and
Now I need you back in my sheets and
Now I need you back in my arms and
All of these R&B songs are startin' to make sense to me
Like lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
'Cause I have nobody to call my own
Heard that song on the radio, it made me sick
Then I realized that it's half legit
'Cause then I realized that it was accurate
'Cause I'm so fuckin' lonely
I'm so fuckin' lonely
The woman I left you for, tried to test you for
Is somewhere out with some nigga from Atlanta
And she's probably out there fuckin' on me
Nah, Bleep it, I'll be real, that bitch is fuckin' on me
And I feel so stupid for leavin' you
'Cause every time I told you lies
You looked inside my face with these eyes
And you told me, "I believe in you"
Knowin' damn well I didn't want you to
Shawty, that's, I think that's, that's where you, where you twist it
Feel like you have this thing in your heart where you feel like I'm just cold
I feel like I just never got the chance to show you my heart
Like this shit, this shit burns for you
Look, I know it's scary to love me
Clearly, I'm aware of all the rumors you hear when they judge me
I call 'em blessings, testimonies, some call 'em unlucky
I'm standin' with my peers, sippin' liquor
And I can tell that none of these people love me
It's crazy, who's there when I'm facin' twenty-two years and I need someone to hug me?
It's nobody but the ones that love me
And you love me, but do you?
'Cause I'm seein' angers and emotions that's runnin' all through you
I know you feel it too, but Bleep, that's the air of the moment
You feel it clearly, don't it?
You talkin' louder when you quiet, but I'm the only one that hear it, don't it?
Know when you feel things, I know your real pain
I know the real you
I hope you found somebody new that does you better than me
Really I'm lyin', but I just say that 'cause it sound like that's the mature thing to say
The last time we spoke, I felt like I had more things to say but I just didn't
So I just let you talk until you finished
It's things like that to this day that piss me off
Moments I wasted
You gave me warm love when I was too cold to embrace it
I guess at times, I felt like I would have to face it
That one day you'd find somebody better than me at these mazes, look
The way it ended's not how it started
I felt like every left out creature when Noah's ark had departed
Findin' somebody knew, I contemplated, plus I thought it
I know you thought it too
That almost led me into cheatin'
But the times I tried to cheat I'm blocked with thoughts of you
Caught up in my past ways, conflicted with our last days
Couple things you said to me never left from my brain
I just hope you still mean 'em, 'cause I'll never get between 'em
Look, higher hopes and heavy hearts
Funny how we came from fresh starts
To now us arguin' 'bout who what and who gets parts
And who's really leavin'
You say you hate me and you don't love me
But, shit, you don't even believe it when you talk like that
Quit actin' like I'm not your only friend
And like I'm not the one with good intentions that I intend
I bleeped your heart up, but I tried to make amends
For the times that I offend, I apologize dearly
Oh, baby, don't, don't be afraid
You can trust me
Tell her you get off
Cut him off
Can you trust me, just trust me, just trust me?
Can you trust me, just trust me, just trust me?
Source: LyricFind
AntiMen:
I'm married with two beautiful children..
I love my husband no doubt....
But I noticed that I'm beginning to like my reverend, I don't know how to explain this...
He is married with children too but we are kinda fond of each other...
How do I stop this unusual feeling , I can't stop going to church cos my husband would be mad at me.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 8:56am On Apr 20, 2022
I wanted to ask to , AntiMen hope you are doing good now?
kobarney:
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by slyfran6(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yo.

This is interesting.

I would advise you to avoid him at all cost. When he holds you next time, fling his hand so hard that it's clear that you don't want whatever he is offering.

Block him on Whatsapp for your sanity.

When you go to church, avoid physical contacts and when he initiates them, I recommend you visibly repel them

You can tell your husband that you'd like to change the church you attend because you're having horrible dreams where your pastor is chasing you and being around him scares you. Say it well enough and your husband will help you cut him out of your life.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by RandomMandalori: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
Genea:
But you are the same people that claim it’s okay for a man to cheat. Don’t you think that what is good for the gander is good for the geese?
No one! I have never heard someone or anyone say it was or is okay for men to cheat. Never in my life. It is wrong enough that you manufacture false claims about men due to reasons bothering on hate. And it is even worse that you try to justify cheating of any sort.

Irrespective of whatever made you think this way, know this: most men are better than your ideal example of what a man should be, and I'm guessing that's your Dad. Most couple are better than your ideal couple from whom you got the ideas that you're insinuating. I don't know about you but, my parents, by their example, have taught me the value of fidelity and the sanctity of marriage. They taught me to not resort to false equivalence , like you're doing now, just to justify a wrong or a false notion about a group of people who you have chosen to hate because of the actions of one, in this case, your dad, brother, ex, bf, or husband (which speaks to your choice of men and ability to know what is right). Know this: most Men follow honest paths unlike the one or those you're referencing.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by EkyyyKelson(m): 2:40am On Apr 24, 2022
How are you doing? Any positivity on the issue yet?

AntiMen:

I avoid this man, but he finds way of coming to me...everytime...

Coming to me reminds me of him which makes the feeling triggers.
Normally after church closes, I have to wait for my husband around the church cos he has to reach out to other people in the church, so while waiting this man finds a way of coming around, we exchange gestures , talk if necessary and then depart....
I avoid him, he comes to me, what I hate most is the way he greets only me among people , I feel awkward and I'm feeling it might just stir up jealousy in others...
These are my thoughts and I feel I might be wrong about it.........

If only he can avoid me, I'll be very fine, someone mentions that I snub him, how can I possibly can without sending negative messages to other people around...
Someone who is supposed to be respected and honoured is someone I'm asked to snub.....
Don't think that goes down well with me.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
EkyyyKelson:
How are you doing? Any positivity on the issue yet?

I can't give all details here again, send me a mail if u can.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
azammi:
I wanted to ask to , AntiMen hope you are doing good now?

Hmmmm, Really Complicated.
Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
What happened? Let me know
AntiMen:

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by azammi(m): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
I sent you a mail .send me the details when you see it .
AntiMen:

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by Speaklove: 11:09am On May 10, 2022
AntiMen:

I have mentioned what you are dealing with but I don't think you saw my post .
Many things people have said here may not help deal with what you are going true .
And from your explanation I don't think you know what is happening to you .

So I went in search for a link to help you download a book( PDF file ) that I believe some of the things written there will open your eyes to the unseen wars behind you.

YOU ARE BEING MANIPULATED BY A DEMON WHO FILLED YOUR HEART WITH THOSE DESIRES .
YIU HAVE SEEN THE MAN BEFORE BUT WHY IS IT NOW THAT YOU WANT HIM ?

you will find the answer to that question in this book by Kenneth hagin .

Jesus Christ himself was the one who showed ha gin what I want you to see .

Click the Link below and download the book and read it on your phone .

https://todaygospel.net/pdf-kenneth-e-hagin-i-believe-in-visions/

Read it from the beginning to where a woman was shown to Kenneth Gavin in a vision by Jesus Christ and you will see that you are dealing with the same thing at the early stage .

If you don't fight this thing you will suddenly come to hate your husband ,lose you marriage and even get caught with the Reverend and only after then you will find out that you don't love him but you were being manipulated all this while by a demon who is speaking into your mind and you thought it is your own thought or you are not even mindful of such thoughts in your heart .

This is a solution .
Say
"You demon of lust and adultery and fornication. .
I command you in Jesus name to flee from me .

Say it and confess tbis words to your self .

"I am the righteousness of god in christ jesus
I am free from the power of satan
I am dead to sin and alivr to god .

Satan you cant olhave dominion over me becuase i have authoirity over you and all your demons .

I am a new creature created in tbe image of god in holiness and righteousness.

Jeus christ is in me and he does not commit adultry

I live and walk in the spirit and not in the flesh .

The grace of christ is suffient for me
His strength is made perfect in my weakness .

I have overcome the world and the evil one

I died with christ to sin and i arose with hiM froM the death. into the newness of life eternal by the power of the holy spirit that is in me .
My body is the temple of the holy spirit
My mind belong to christ and i have the mind of Christ .

God has not given me the spirit of lust or of adultery but of power and of love ,of sound mind ,of self control and of self discipline .

I am righteous by the grace of God I am not a sinner .

Confess these words to your self and you will see that thing leave you .

We suffer fr im the devil because we don't build the realities of our new life into our consciousness ,and because we don't take deliberate steps to manifest them .

1 Peter 5:8-9
[8]Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
[9]Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

James 4:7
[7]Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

1 Like

Re: I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? by AntiMen: 10:28am On May 13, 2022
Speaklove:

I have mentioned what you are dealing with but I don't think you saw my post .
Many things people have said here may not help deal with what you are going true .
And from your explanation I don't think you know what is happening to you .

So I went in search for a link to help you download a book( PDF file ) that I believe some of the things written there will open your eyes to the unseen wars behind you.

YOU ARE BEING MANIPULATED BY A DEMON WHO FILLED YOUR HEART WITH THOSE DESIRES .
YIU HAVE SEEN THE MAN BEFORE BUT WHY IS IT NOW THAT YOU WANT HIM ?

you will find the answer to that question in this book by Kenneth hagin .

Jesus Christ himself was the one who showed ha gin what I want you to see .

Click the Link below and download the book and read it on your phone .

https://todaygospel.net/pdf-kenneth-e-hagin-i-believe-in-visions/

Read it from the beginning to where a woman was shown to Kenneth Gavin in a vision by Jesus Christ and you will see that you are dealing with the same thing at the early stage .

If you don't fight this thing you will suddenly come to hate your husband ,lose you marriage and even get caught with the Reverend and only after then you will find out that you don't love him but you were being manipulated all this while by a demon who is speaking into your mind and you thought it is your own thought or you are not even mindful of such thoughts in your heart .

This is a solution .
Say
"You demon of lust and adultery and fornication. .
I command you in Jesus name to flee from me .

Say it and confess tbis words to your self .

"I am the righteousness of god in christ jesus
I am free from the power of satan
I am dead to sin and alivr to god .

Satan you cant olhave dominion over me becuase i have authoirity over you and all your demons .

I am a new creature created in tbe image of god in holiness and righteousness.

Jeus christ is in me and he does not commit adultry

I live and walk in the spirit and not in the flesh .

The grace of christ is suffient for me
His strength is made perfect in my weakness .

I have overcome the world and the evil one

I died with christ to sin and i arose with hiM froM the death. into the newness of life eternal by the power of the holy spirit that is in me .
My body is the temple of the holy spirit
My mind belong to christ and i have the mind of Christ .

God has not given me the spirit of lust or of adultery but of power and of love ,of sound mind ,of self control and of self discipline .

I am righteous by the grace of God I am not a sinner .

Confess these words to your self and you will see that thing leave you .

We suffer fr im the devil because we don't build the realities of our new life into our consciousness ,and because we don't take deliberate steps to manifest them .

1 Peter 5:8-9
[8]Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
[9]Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

James 4:7
[7]Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Thanks for sharing this, however I've been able to manage my feelings lately....I'm not more burning with lust for him again...I guess time and chance made this happened....Thanks for your insights too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Man Dies In His Lover's Apartment In Delta / Akwa-Ibom: Man Stuck In Friend's Wife During Adulterous Sex / 46-year-old American Woman, Set To Marry Her 23-year-old Nigerian Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.