Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? (44464 Views)

So Many Single MBAISE Ladies Are Getting Older. No Husband Wat Is The Problem? / Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? / Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
ur opinion bro... am a guy

You have obviously been heavily brainwashed by women for a long time, hence your view.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by wallrichy: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
Well done and well written my brother. Men loses a lot in marriage while women of nowadays only swap to a man's surname to gain respect as a married woman but still retaining the personality of a hooker and a legal right to demand from the husband without limit.

AfroKnight:
For those naija men outside naija, it’s because they think too much and are afraid to love a woman who would use the system to defraud them legally.

For those in naija, it’s for a number of reasons. Naija babes are not loyal. They always lookout for themselves first. Once your usefulness in their lives end, they end the relationship/marriage. Men are trying to avoid that, so they remain single and opt for babymama arrangement if they need kids.

It may also be because the men intend to relocate abroad and they would rather not take their nemesis along. So they resign to a single life.

Thirdly, it could be that some men want to solve certain economic/financial issues before adding the responsibilities of a wife to the load they carry.

Everything here points to the prevalent fact that young Nigerian women do not carry their own weight. Once you ask them out, it’s like they open a ledger for you as a debtor. They use you for your resources then demand to be treated like an equal. Lol. Men are tired of slaving for women.

You see single and even married women online openly asking for trips, perks, gifts and money. It’s almost like every man owes them. You never know who is going to use his money to trigger your wife’s release clause. grin Even the faithful ones think they must be rewarded with marriage for standing by you while you were struggling. Why would any sane man want to marry such a woman who thinks she’s entitled to his possessions just because she was present while he was struggling without even contributing tangibly to his progress?

So unbalanced.

If marriage was such a sweet deal, more men would embrace it. Many of those who are married were pressured by their parents to get married or were young and blinded by initial infatuation which later faded away and revealed the true nature of their wives.

Women have turned this marriage thing into a punishment for men. It shouldn’t be so.

Men are the ones truly settling down. They settle and put up with broke, unworthy women who offer nothing but drama and the possibility of paternity fraud and strife in a family that was fine until the man brought in a wife.

Marriage should be sweet but naija women fail to realise that both partners MUST contribute to a happy marriage, not just the man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by sparko1(m): 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
...because marriage is overrated and many dont need/want to get married until much later.

also, we have the sad deluded ones that are waiting to hit it big before getting married, not knowing they probably will never "hit it big"

and finally we have men who dont believe in marriage and therefore will just chop and clean mouth until they get to 80yrs old , then find one Regina something to marry, just to flaunt it in the face of all the young boys in town, lol.

The bolded should tell you something, hardly you find a MARRIED MAN OF 80Yrs, MOST MARRIED MEN DIE BEFORE THEIR 7OTH BIRTHDAY.

But if you can make you 50s without trouble from a woman, there is a greater chance you will get to 80 before you kick the bucket, forget the stories of your children will be young at that age, because the truth is, if you don't have money to take care of your children, giving birth to them early just means, they get to dig your grave early, they will become trouble for your day and night and when on your dying bed, you will be surprised, you haven't lived a fulfilled life.

So tell me, why do I a 32 year old man, should think of getting married?

Have you ever thought about this, until a man is finicially capable of living an enjoyeable life, nobody talks about marriage, the moment, he's living a two bedroom flat, has a car, get to send money home, everyone wants him to get married, why? its seems the idea is this, a man is not supposed to he happy for too long, the moment he is happy for 1,2 years, they want him to add some suffering to his life, because it makes no sense for a man to be happy or maybe the society views the idea of a man being always happy as an issue that can propel him into greater things, and they just don't want that, they want him to come down to the level of everyday complain. Just my observation.

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Hassanmaye(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
Favfables1:
The day I realized that women who were practically nobodies could become billionaires on account of just divorce alone, was when it really sank in that this marriage thing doesn't favour men one bit...

A woman doesn't have to work at all, just marry a rich guy, give birth to a couple of kids for him, divorce him and Bam! Half of everything he worked for his entire life time belongs to you undecided....

It's little wonder why over 80% of divorce are intiated by women undecided...

Yes! One may argue that, that doesn't happen in Nigeria, I agree...

However...
Why should I be responsible for ALL the expenses of an adult who practically have slept with other men, acts like a child, throw tantrums, nags at every slightest opportunity and yet still wants to be treated with "love"?

And besides...
Everything an average wife has to offer can be replaced with money, so why not focus on making money, get those things and be free from the trouble that comes with marriage undecided...
Wow this is my Soul reason

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by MansoryMX(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
Highlyrespected:

Those are the signs every couple must possess for lasting marriage
Patience
Tolerance
Support
Prayer
Respect
Understand etc......
Marriage this days if you are not abide by part what I listed above....... For that marriage to survive is in the hands of God.

I totally agree you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
what remain of a guy of 40+ still fuckin around and not having a family, at 40 u have seen it all

What remains of him?

Have you thought of "Control", "Easy Life" and "Fulfilment"?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Codeye(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
Major reason let me emphasize sex is extremely cheap unlike old times. I don't wish to get married but maybe I'll time will tell and I'm over 32
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2022
Gallistotle1:
Niggurs,build ursef 1st,set up a standard business to support ur job,get peace of mind,more money,flex up,freshen up as well and also stay out of trouble and lets see if u wouldnt find happiness.

@porthouse7

Come and learn, young boy!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by lexy2014: 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2022
falcon01:
Because men have realised that;
1. They have alot of time from 20 to 50 years they can still marry
2. Marriage is a waste of time money and effort
3. Getting married early is a waste of your youthful age
4. The man is Mostly on the giving end in Marriage
5. Marriage favours women more than it favours men
6. They want to break the loop

How did u arrive at your conclusions?
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
falcon01:
Because men have realised that;
1. They have alot of time from 20 to 50 years they can still marry
2. Marriage is a waste of time money and effort
3. Getting married early is a waste of your youthful age
4. The man is Mostly on the giving end in Marriage
5. Marriage favours women more than it favours men
6. They want to break the loop
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
MansoryMX:

Marriage isn’t overrated. The problem is people! People are losing their senses, their morale, desires for pleasures and thirst from multiple partners, ways of lifestyle from peers around them. I got married at 27, my wife 22. Today we have two kids. 6 and 2 years old. Do the maths. People no longer understand the importance of self discipline and preservation.

And you have never shagged another woman since you married her?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by nextlevel2020: 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
This is an interesting discussion that catches my urge to comment on. When I was 20s, I experienced a lot of rejections and humiliations from girls as results of my poor background. The condition was so terrible to the extent that, I needed to see myself through school from primary to the higher institution. During my school days I could remember that the girls in my class then used to tell me " Is your gari enough for you alone talk less of dating a woman ". To cut the story short, all these taunts and rejections spurred me into working harder and today God has answered my prayer and give me a job in a multinational company. Now, some of the girls that turned me down before are now showing interest in me and this scares me a lot to say yes for them. In addition to that, whenever I come across any woman and the first question she asks is what do you do for living, the fear grips my heart immediately and I would begin to reflect on my past experience. So in as much as I need a woman in my life, I'm also afraid of someone who will not value my background and I don't buy the idea of divorce at all. People like me who also believe in fruitful marriage are out there as a single.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Barbiturate(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
wait until u are 40 and lonely, u will have rethink

Na lie. I am of that age. I am not married and I'm not lonely.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
jojo1415:
....My brother na olosho dey wake me up with her call by 5am telling me that she is coming to my place...what then is the need of marriage grin
Hahahahhahah please please grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Chiefecho(m): 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2022
lexy2014:

How did u arrive at your conclusions?

Why do you feel such a conclusion should not be made ??

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by lexy2014: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2022
Minime10:

Marriage is no achievement and besides, it is not even any criterier for making heaven if there is a place like that.
The word marriage doesn't even make any sense to me.
So marry ya marry and stop hyping the nonsense

Why is marriage not an achievement? What are those things that are achievements?
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
Highlyrespected:

But how can you conclude that I'd used resources to attract girls.....
I am introvert guy and I hardly engage convo with anyone especially girls.

And change this ur mindset that "when it dries up"..... Are you praying for it to dries up even assuming we are talking about reality here.

Use your sense and spend wisely when you're dealing with ladies of 21st century.

Yeah, also change the mindset of having savings for tough times in Nigeria because "you are not praying to lose your job".

The foolish things people say and they strongly think they are making sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by lexy2014: 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
Chiefecho:

Why do you feel such a conclusion should not be made ??

How did u arrive at your conclusion that such conclusion should not be made?
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by MansoryMX(m): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
Gamesmart:

And you have never shagged another woman since you married her?

No. Satisfied?
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Chiefecho(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2022
lexy2014:

How did u arrive at your conclusion that such conclusion should not be made?
You have not answered my question

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2022
Miarose:
This is interesting. As the business woman that I am, I forsee a rise in old people's homes to cater for surge of old men without families to care for them.
Unfortunately, this won't come cheap.

Food vendors will also have, low salt, oil less menu for the older bachelor population.

Geriatric nursing and home care will boom.

I must cash out from this trend!!!

No wahala!

Better than living a miserable life with a woman!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by lexy2014: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2022
Chiefecho:

You have not answered my question

This question u say: How did u arrive at your conclusion that such conclusion should not be made?
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2022
Czario:
I pray for all married men out there....
They were shouting go and settle down ...sette down
I didn't know I was already settled as a bachelor...

Single guys take note.

Gbam!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Benzemma(m): 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
Rich4god:
Marriage in Nigeria is becoming very expensive. And looking at the high unemployment rate and the rate at which available jobs pay very low, how many guys can afford the cost of marriage.

My brother is planning on marrying an imo lady, just to collect list is over 50k. The day we went for introduction, the kinsmen where saying that the drink we brought wasn't enough... Just imagine.

The items on the list cost more than 800k, yes it's true that the list is negotiable, but mere looking at it alone is scary.

I for one, even if I happen to get a queen Elizabeth and Rihanna kind of beauty merged in an imo girl, nothing is taking me close to that state for marriage... Except if I have assurance that there own side aren't too demanding.

All these are what the elders are supposed to clearly scrap.

I don't even know the reason behind this Imo State high cost of marriage list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Lmfa.. He won't tell us he is suffering in his marriage because he is being a MAN in public eyes and wants us to experience the "sweetness" of marriage ourselves

Exactly! grin grin grin

I am waiting for him to answer o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
AfroKnight:

I know. I wrote all that because it’s good to learn the pros and cons before venturing.

Men must not be unaware of the risks.
You better let's go and marry before you turn 60 and your potbelly begins to fall. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by okuta007: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
AfroKnight:
For those naija men outside naija, it’s because they think too much and are afraid to love a woman who would use the system to defraud them legally.

For those in naija, it’s for a number of reasons. Naija babes are not loyal. They always lookout for themselves first. Once your usefulness in their lives end, they end the relationship/marriage. Men are trying to avoid that, so they remain single and opt for babymama arrangement if they need kids.

It may also be because the men intend to relocate abroad and they would rather not take their nemesis along. So they resign to a single life.

Thirdly, it could be that some men want to solve certain economic/financial issues before adding the responsibilities of a wife to the load they carry.

Everything here points to the prevalent fact that young Nigerian women do not carry their own weight. Once you ask them out, it’s like they open a ledger for you as a debtor. They use you for your resources then demand to be treated like an equal. Lol. Men are tired of slaving for women.

You see single and even married women online openly asking for trips, perks, gifts and money. It’s almost like every man owes them. You never know who is going to use his money to trigger your wife’s release clause. grin Even the faithful ones think they must be rewarded with marriage for standing by you while you were struggling. Why would any sane man want to marry such a woman who thinks she’s entitled to his possessions just because she was present while he was struggling without even contributing tangibly to his progress?

So unbalanced.

If marriage was such a sweet deal, more men would embrace it. Many of those who are married were pressured by their parents to get married or were young and blinded by initial infatuation which later faded away and revealed the true nature of their wives.

Women have turned this marriage thing into a punishment for men. It shouldn’t be so.

Men are the ones truly settling down. They settle and put up with broke, unworthy women who offer nothing but drama and the possibility of paternity fraud and strife in a family that was fine until the man brought in a wife.

Marriage should be sweet but naija women fail to realise that both partners MUST contribute to a happy marriage, not just the man.

This must be archived in the Nairaland Hall of Fame as a very sensible post laced with undiluted wisdom - you too much abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Emychina(m): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

I love this.. Especially the surrogacy part
I think its much more better
Am telling u bro.life shouldnt be destroyed by stress.my brother,abeg have u ever ask urself why men are dying early thereby leaving their wives behind.STRESS STRESS STRESS.Life aint fair for nigerian men atall and men need to think twice this time around. U will see a lady that look like chewing stick in her father's house, immediately she got married,she wil be like overbloated cow and d husband wil be running round like a fugitive in d name of hustling just to meet up for his family to avoid what d society will say.Bleep society. Nigerian men, abeg make una dey pity una selves abeg.make una see how oyibo men dey do am.50/50

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2022
ArewaTech1:
Lots of great comments... Majority of which makes sense...

But being from a conservative family in the North, I can't relate to none of that.

I'm 24, just bagged my BSc last year. and they already arranged me with this girl. lol & smh

but d girl fine die.

will be getting married sometime in '24

That is the pro and con of your culture.

1. You get a girl of the right status that will have limited option but to be submissive and be subordinate.

2. You might not be completely compatible or attracted; but you get the benefit to try another with a second marriage.

3. You might get a girl who is not truly and completely happy with the arrangement, but is just bearing it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Highlyrespected(m): 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2022
Gamesmart:

Who said it was not your opinion?

What point are you trying to make? Did I dispute that it was your opinion? Or did I claim it was mine?

My point is that: Your opinion is nonsense!

Nonsense na nonsense!

Saying "It is my opinion" does not stop it from being nonsense.
OK
You are right
And can you please slide off of my mention.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by twosquare(m): 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2022
One word: economy.

Forget those champions of "marriage is overrated" or baby mama group. They don't know what they are saying.

Economy/financial strength...
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Obastick: 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2022
Just as u realised ur friends are single@30, many of my friends and colleagues 30 and above are happily married. Could it be birds of same feathers?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

I Have Been Dumped By 3 Girls Cos I Refuse To Have Sex With Them / Beware! Pornography Dulls The Brain, Kills Libido.... / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.