Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? (19018 Views)

Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? / My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Oyiboman69: 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
perambulator:

Because if you dont have a male child you name dissappears! All you work for will go to the hands of another man through your daughters and your name will eventually be erased from history.

Let me stress that I dont agree with that line of thinking but that is the thought process. Even if you have male children they may die or have female children. I think people worry too much about what will happen when they are dead.
no,you're the one going away from the obvious. The same way you save for the future because of the love you have for your children,that is the same thing playing out here.

our ancestors fought,acquired and preserved land and properties for us the children to live,farm,hunt,a place to call home even when they know that they won't be alive forever just to make their children comfortable. Do you think these process will continue if there is no one to continue from where they stop?.

that name you are carrying around today, the land that you originated from which is where you're calling your home town today,this very country Nigeria is also as a result of people who preserved it for us. For example a man came from Cameroon and marry your only child, a female child,don't you know that you daughter will now bear the name of the man and possibly leave the inheritance and name your father left for you but the case is different for a male child who knew that he has to stay behind and continue to build and defend his father's land and lineage....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by phemmyfour: 3:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mofun:
Why are most Nigerian parents obsessed about having male children? Some just keep bearing many children because they're in search of at least a male. There are instances where men even marry extra wives just in order to have male children. Please what's the fuss about?

To retain the compound SURNAME
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Jim99: 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
AliseKazah:

So what about Nigerian men nko? Have you started any major protest.

No we'd prefer them to return. They'll be here to fight Nigeria's war. As they have always done since the beginning of time. We need them here.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Carot: 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
emmyN:

Just three kids and ya angry. Wait till you see the one that married a second wife after seven girls. The second wife finally born girl sha cheesy
that man's dick was pussywhipped at birth
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Geesaintagape: 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
The simple answer is old culture die hard.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by ButterBurger: 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2022
Because na male child b headboy
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

OK it's settled then... show me a video of women of Ukraine's army fighting or conducting patrols or on tanks or at checkpoints in this current war.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/19/1087712539/ukrainian-women-are-volunteering-to-fight-and-history-shows-they-always-have?utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

Read this article and search for the videos online jaare and check the pictures I shared in my last post to you.

Even early this month a Ukrainian couple got married in the war they are both in the military.
A woman in her thirties was called up in the army reservist she was once in the army she left her son with her mother to fight for Ukraine another one left her mother and siblings stayed with her father both of them in the army to fight for Ukraine

Stop saying what you have no idea of

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Carot: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
ImaIma1:

In this day and age where men are giving their children their own name as their surname instead of the family name.
first name or middle name?
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by ademi87(m): 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
godofuck231:
Blood lines , its the task of a man to have a son in any way possible to continue his blood line , this very reason is why the uk needs caregivers who are migrants because the old are either homeless or abandoned , men are aware of the responsibilities in society and God has blessed them with strength to labour and provide for the family, even you his wives aged parents he's expected to function in time of need ,the war in ukrain would have been a walk trough if there were no men to fight and defend the countrys interest, think of that for a start
my children will answer my name as their Surname and not my father nor my grandfather's name... I don't care about any bloodline nonsense
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Jim99: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Please stop lying to yourself I will rather follow the news I see with my own eyes that what your cousin told you.

Ukraine has over 37k women in their military and according to reports they are fighting one that died last week was a mother of four stop deceiving yourself even the wife of the president of Ukraine refused to leave Ukrainian women have taken weapons to fight and it is in the reports some women who left left to protect their children and would gladly stay to help if they could. Why some women run from wars is fear of abuse and sexual violence animals in men skin subject them to during war.
Read this article and stop deceiving yourself about your imaginary cousin there are many more articles relating to it https://www.npr.org/2022/03/19/1087712539/ukrainian-women-are-volunteering-to-fight-and-history-shows-they-always-have?utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

Thank God that today women are changing the narrative and also making breakthroughs in their fields if women were at par with men from day one the industries of old would not be single handedly created by men thank God for some women who made scientific discoveries this past century and the ones upcoming in STEM.

You are the only coward I see here not women you are a coward for being this pained that women are doing exploits leaving you men behind in today's world.

Lol

The pictures below are they not Ukranian women?

Ukrainian women before the war, during military exercises. I Google reverse search the images and they are all old photos.

I'm not pained. If anything I'm mad at women not being involved in this war. I want to see more women die in this war. For generations they've always been exempt from war but that has to end.

You cannot claim equality only when it favors you.

Hahahaha.... Leaving men behind how? Who are the ones begging for inclusivity, Men? Would women beg for inclusivity if they were ahead?

You're still fast asleep. Quote me when you're awake.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
Oyiboman69:
no,you're the one going away from the obvious. The same way you save for the future because of the love you have for your children,that is the same thing playing out here.

our ancestors fought,acquired and preserved land and properties for us the children to live,farm,hunt,a place to call home even when they know that they won't be alive forever just to make their children comfortable. Do you think these process will continue if there is no one to continue from where they stop?.

that name you are carrying around today, the land that you originated from which is where you're calling your home town today,this very country Nigeria is also as a result of people who preserved it for us. For example a man came from Cameroon and marry your only child, a female child,don't you know that you daughter will now bear the name of the man and possibly leave the inheritance and name your father left for you but the case is different for a male child who knew that he has to stay behind and continue to build and defend his father's land and lineage....

Do you know or even remmember your great grandfather, his father? do you even know his name.....exactly! In time unless you do something really extra ordinary in life you are forgotten. The funny thing is, if you check your history well, even in this Nigeria, many are not originally from where they think.

it is natural to have these feelings but they are irrational and futile. Nigerian villages are full of mansions that the children of the deceased owners will never reside in and will rot away.

Guy, for 99% of individuals, NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY is going to remember you 50 years after you are dead. some are not even remembered 10 years after!!! You that are talking do you even know where you grandfathers grave is, if you do have you ever visited it? The male son how do you know he will have a son?

Life is for the living, enjoy your life, what will be will be!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by CoronaVirusPro: 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2022
Even God created a man before a woman.

It shows how much he must have valued that creature.

Then who am I not to value God`s gestures.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Olam09(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
jmoore:
The true picture is that the average Nigerian wants both gender. It is not all about looking for male.

We are 5 boys and 2 girls(twins).
My parents kept looking for a female child till the twins came.
No mind am jare, we're 5, 4 boys 1 girl.. she's even the last born.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

Ukrainian women before the war, during military exercises. I Google reverse search the images and they are all old photos.

I'm not pained. If anything I'm mad at women not being involved in this war. I want to see more women die in this war. For generations they've always been exempt from war but that has to end.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/19/1087712539/ukrainian-women-are-volunteering-to-fight-and-history-shows-they-always-have?utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

The article is false then.

Take several seats are women in Ukraine fighting yes or no are there over 30k women in the Ukrainian Army and others enlisted as reservist yes or no?
Whether you like it or not some women have chosen to volunteer and fight in Ukraine good for them I see no reason why they should be fighting in a male creates war to begin with especially when they can be raped and violated by animals that is one of the reasons why women do not fight wars.
If not for gender equality advocacy no woman in Ukraine today will even volunteer to fight.
Years back in many countries women were even clamouring for the rights to fight.
Take several seats bro
And watch these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfTgpzalmzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMkJEO6bX8

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by okoroemeka(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

As in eh. I was watching a documentary on twitter the other day. One bloody fool that lives at Makoko slum had 3 kids all girls in the name of looking for a male child to inherit his name. What an idiot.
don't blame the poor man,he knows those daughters will leave him and marry someday but a male child will stay in the family till he dies,my fellow in-law has 7 daughters in a row while searching for a male child,he succeeded at the eight try

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by 300whitewolves(m): 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mofun:
Why are most Nigerian parents obsessed about having male children? Some just keep bearing many children because they're in search of at least a male. There are instances where men even marry extra wives just in order to have male children. Please what's the fuss about?

Not only Nigeria, it’s present in most countries where they are culturally inclined, Mostly Africa and Asian Countries
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

Hahahaha.... Leaving men behind how? Who are the ones begging for inclusivity, Men? Would women beg for inclusivity if they were ahead?

You're still fast asleep. Quote me when you're awake.

https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1507774756451463175?t=91HmeAdxUd8k2gTOfb5NKw&s=19

Watch this video and stop sleeping women are begging for inclusivity yet still pained that alone proves my argument that women are making waves and doing exploits

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Newton2024: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mofun:

To carry on the family name. If you give birth to a girl, she will belong to her husband's family not yours. She will bear her husband's family name. Same with her children.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by godofuck231: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
ademi87:
my children will answer my name as their Surname and not my father nor my grandfather's name... I don't care about any bloodline nonsense
thats why you hear the abiolas, otudekor, otedolas, obasanjos, anenihs, Sarah's, dukes , akenzuas, ogunwusis, iduozes, idibias, kayodes, ado Ibrahims, dangotes, grateness runs in their names ,but you? .............
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by playapayaski: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

You wish.... My distant cousin works with a British press covering the war in Ukraine and he swore to me that women formerly in Ukraine's army have fled the country. In their thousands. The only ones left are trapped and caught in the crossfires and are waiting for the next humanitarian corridor to open so they can leave.

Men created every industry that there is today. But today you're fighting to get equal placements in their industries. Today you want to be considered equal to men. Why don't you let men to have all of that to themselves.

Just admit that women are cowards and will never be equal to men. Nature made sure of this.

Truer words have never been spoken..
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Newton2024: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
234GT:

When you are dead, you don't remember anything again. You don't even remember your own first name, not to talk of family name.

Life lost meaning to me the day I saw my grandfather's corpse.
100% untrue. You need a little theology.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by godofuck231: 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2022
wiseoneking:
Blood line? Ok
But for issue of caregiver in the UK doesn't come into this. There is no relationship between having a male son and caregiver in any where in the world. Record even show that female folks do care for their parents more than their male folks. Bringing Ukraine here is quite odd.

It is our culture and is to retain the family lineage. Just a matter of decades, it will change as it is in Western world. From Clinton, Bush, Obama, all never had a male son and they don't give a damn
Mr George Bush senior
Mr George Bush junior

Mrs Jenna hager
You see there's a break in the bloodline
No son to carry his name
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by teepain: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2022
godofuck231:
most of the girls into prostitution either had no fathers when growing or their fathers didnt impact on their lives

So what happened to the boys that became kidnappers, armed robbers and the rest. I want a son I want a son na hin make person papa go born thief, meanwhile all the sisters are doing well except for him.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Jim99: 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1507774756451463175?t=91HmeAdxUd8k2gTOfb5NKw&s=19

Watch this video and stop sleeping women are begging for inclusivity yet still pained that alone proves my argument that women are making waves and doing exploits

Hahahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

You sent me a video of a journalist telling us that women are fighting in the war. With no shred of evidence, not even a video or a recent picture.

That brings us to the question; why are videos of the so called "women in the army", fighting in this war so hard to find? Even when you can find thousands of men taking up arms and fighting at every turn. Well the answer is short and simple. It's because there aren't any women fighting in Ukraine no matter what you wanna believe. cheesy cheesy

cheesy grin But hold on lemme ask my cousin to make a video of himself fighting for Ukraine so i can send to you as well. Since you can believe anything.

Dumb bitch.. You must think that you're talking to kids here.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Jim99: 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

The article is false then.

Take several seats are women in Ukraine fighting yes or no are there over 30k women in the Ukrainian Army and others enlisted as reservist yes or no?
Whether you like it or not some women have chosen to volunteer and fight in Ukraine good for them I see no reason why they should be fighting in a male creates war to begin with especially when they can be raped and violated by animals that is one of the reasons why women do not fight wars.
If not for gender equality advocacy no woman in Ukraine today will even volunteer to fight.
Years back in many countries women were even clamouring for the rights to fight.
Take several seats bro
And watch these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfTgpzalmzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMkJEO6bX8

Still looking for the women taking up arms and fighting in the video. Once again you've sent me lengthy videos of women talking and talking, instead of fighting.

The only thing i saw there was Kyiv residents being trained on how to handle firearms. And that was prior to the war, everyone knows this.

You can't fool anyone here.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
shocked cool

Jim99:

Hahahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

You sent me a video of a journalist telling us that women are fighting in the war. With no shred of evidence, not even a video or a recent picture.

That brings us to the question; why are videos of the so called "women in the army", fighting in this war so hard to find? Even when you can find thousands of men taking up arms and fighting at every turn. Well the answer is short and simple. It's because there aren't any women fighting in Ukraine no matter what you wanna believe. cheesy cheesy

cheesy grin But hold on lemme ask my cousin to make a video of him fighting for Ukraine so i can send to you as well. Since you can believe anything.

Dumb bitch.. You must think that you're talking to kids here.

Was it what your imaginary cousin in Ukraine told you do you know more than the journalist reporting that there are women fighting in Ukraine.

Ekuke go and sit down.

Where is your imaginary cousin in Ukraine at grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by lymelyte(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
Because men are the source and seed of humanity..
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
lymelyte:
Because men are the source and seed of humanity..

Indeed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Jim99: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
shocked cool

Was it what your imaginary cousin in Ukraine told you do you know more than the journalist reporting that there are women fighting in Ukraine.

Ekuke go and sit down.

Alright let's put my "imaginary cousin" aside. Show me a video or picture of Ukrainian women in the army fighting or mounting checkpoint in this ongoing war, anything at all.

It shouldn't be that hard since "women are fighting in the war".

3 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

Still looking for the women taking up arms and fighting in the video. Once again you've sent me lengthy videos of women talking and talking, instead of fighting.

The only thing i saw there was Kyiv residents being trained on how to handle firearms. And that was prior to the war, everyone knows this.

You can't fool anyone here.

You are the only one fooling yourself when you refuse to accept that there are women fighting in Ukraine and choosing to stay and volunteer to fight every report has shown this but you want me to believe your imaginary cousin over what is being reported on ground.

LMAO

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Kelvin3476: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
234GT:

When you are dead, you don't remember anything again. You don't even remember your own first name, not to talk of family name.

Life lost meaning to me the day I saw my grandfather's corpse.
IF AT ALL HE GAT NO MEN TO CONTINUE FRM WHERE HE STOPPED , THEN VILLAGE PEOPLE 4 DN OCCUPY UNA FAMILY.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

Alright let's my "imaginary cousin" aside. Show me a video or picture of Ukrainian women in the army fighting or mounting checkpoint in this ongoing war, anything at all...

I showed you an article you refused to read it I showed you videos you said it was nothing.

Lol
You can search that on google instead of embarrassing yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Marriage And The Sickle Cell Anaemia / Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy / How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.