Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today (27137 Views)

Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) / Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff / Directors Of Lekki Concession Company/Oriental hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by Nisiw366: 7:56am On Apr 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
I don't like narratives changes, Mr man that's not bad mouthing,that's you acting lazily smart. You want to compare his state with Lagos state..Why not compare your state with his state..Ekiti vs his state..let him floor you. Fight for your own development,help the people of Ekiti..Remove your eye from another man's property..Was ilorin and lokoja not yoruba heritage,why didn't you defend it? why haven't you taken it back ? let me not mention yewa and igangan.. My man go back home and develop your state.

Go back to your cursed enumgum. All yorubas are lagosians

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by drbigdaddyg(m): 7:57am On Apr 01, 2022
seunmsg:

Kindly tell us your state so that we can compare with Lagos. I want to believe your state is as beautiful and developed as New York since there is no Tinubu to rip you people off. Just mention your state and let’s compare.
There is no point carrying Lagos state on your head; the point is that hunger is in the land, and this shouldn’t be the time of opening the tollgate. Besides, what’s the outcome of the investigation conducted? Has there been any justice for those who lost their lives?

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by seunmsg(m): 7:57am On Apr 01, 2022
duality:

And this?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/143629-lagos-terminates-concession-agreement-on-lekki-epe-expressway.html

Learn to read and understand. Terminating the concession doesn’t not mean terminating an already obtained loan. It simply means Lagos state government is now the full owner of LCC (the concession company) and the state government has inherited the assets and liabilities of the company. The loan is still outstanding and has to be paid.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by emysmile: 7:57am On Apr 01, 2022
This our naija bad mouth enh!
Abeg, comment wisely no go take mouth enter Kuje.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by Nisiw366: 7:58am On Apr 01, 2022
Lightorder:
I see you came all the way from Ekiti to harass people on the toll you won’t be the one to pay for them. Go to Ekiti and talk . For the rest of the tribalistic trash you wrote, I didn’t read them.
All yorubas are lagosians. Cursed man from aba. Go back to your jungle aba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:58am On Apr 01, 2022
Bro I sincerely think the tax they pay in Lagos state can construct 20 of those roads in a jiffy around lagos. I don't believe those loans they talk about. Free oil money,they didn't do road,tax payers money,they didn't do road,repatriated loots,they didn't do road,budget allocated for it,they didn't do road...it's the one they borrowed they used in doing road..hahahahahahaha. Very funny people. Lies lies lies. I don't believe those loan crap is for our benefit honestly. na fake

VaselineCrew:

Maybe the materials used were imported from outta space, that’s why.

Even if they can’t afford it, is it a life long payment that we are to expect?

Why won’t they open their books or come out to tell us how much is owed and how much has been made so far.

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by chrisblack1234: 8:00am On Apr 01, 2022
Just time, it will still go down...where are the soldiers that killed citizens, where is your CCTV..
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:00am On Apr 01, 2022
say it calmly oo..We igbos are here. Is it the name of the state you are claiming or the state itself because we won't give you our stakes which is way more than yours and I mean you that migrated from conquered ilorin. Edo state won't take that statement funny plus the Portuguese are watching...Oh guess what Fulanis wanna deep the Koran in the Atlantic. There is no where to run or hide for you.. you are in a Deep mess

Nisiw366:
All yorubas are lagosians. Cursed man from aba. Go back to your jungle aba
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by seunmsg(m): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2022
drbigdaddyg:

There is no point carrying Lagos state on your head; the point is that hunger is in the land, and this shouldn’t be the time of opening the tollgate. Besides, what’s the outcome of the investigation conducted? Has there been any justice for those who lost their lives?

I can carry Lagos on my head because I was born there and it’s a collective heritage of the Yoruba ethnic group. If you don’t like it, you may consider using the lagoon.

And yes, tolling would start because the loan needs to be paid. LCC did not invite protesters to their business premises. Their business can’t remain under lock and key forever. They have loans and staff to pay and even the road to maintain. The time to reopen the tollgate is now.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2022
The money used for the convention and the dollars he doled out at NASS should be used to pay Lagos state loan. They should not bother the common masses

seunmsg:

Learn to read and understand. Terminating the concession doesn’t not mean terminating an already obtained loan. It simply means Lagos state government is now the full owner of LCC (the concession company) and the state government has inherited the assets and liabilities of the company. The loan is still outstanding and has to be paid.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2022
Collective what...Ilorin nko..Lokoja? Igbos won't leave stakes for you oo.. You couldn't even sell land to dangote,fear no let you oo..You termed it trade free zone. You don't own the so called Lagoon,we own it..we can swim inside if we want. I assure you we igbos will get to the Atlantic before the Fulanis. The fulanis will slaughter their way there and we will keep buying all inherited properties strategically until we get to the Atlantic. you can only wail online but reality check..you know this

seunmsg:

I can carry Lagos on my head because I was born there and it’s a collective heritage of the Yoruba ethnic group. If you don’t like it, you may consider using the lagoon.

And yes, tolling would start because the loan needs to be paid. LCC did not invite protesters to their business premises. Their business can’t remain under lock and key forever. They have loans and staff to pay and even the road to maintain. The time to reopen the tollgate is now.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by Kestolove(m): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2022
They need to raise money for tinubu cmpaign
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by seunmsg(m): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
The money used for the convention and the dollars he doled out at NASS should be used to pay Lagos state loan. They should not bother the common masses

Ok. Get off Nairaland and go and block the tollgate and stop them from collecting toll today.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:07am On Apr 01, 2022
I don't work for free....Do you?

seunmsg:

Ok. Get off Nairaland and go and block the tollgate and stop them from collecting toll today.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:07am On Apr 01, 2022
Nice one.

Anyone caught protesting should be imprisoned for complete 2 years.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by Nisiw366: 8:07am On Apr 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
say it calmly oo..We igbos are here. Is it the name of the state you are claiming or the state itself because we won't give you our stakes which is way more than yours and I mean you that migrated from conquered ilorin. Edo state won't take that statement funny plus the Portuguese are watching...Oh guess what Fulanis wanna deep the Koran in the Atlantic. There is no where to run or hide for you.. you are in a Deep mess

Eran. Stop ranting like an overfed disturbed baby. Yorubas are still majority in ilorin with yoruba governor. If you like buy 1000 properties in lagos, you are still a stranger. State government own all lands in lagos which an illiterate like you doesn't know. Your forefathers slaved for yorubas. You and you generations would slave for yorubas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by SarkinYarki: 8:07am On Apr 01, 2022
Driggs:
We know who the private investors are..

Tinubu money must complete.. iyalayayin

Ikoyi link bridge wasn't funded by any investor
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by poiZon: 8:08am On Apr 01, 2022
seunmsg:

I’m proudly from Ekiti even though I was born in Lagos. But you see, I won’t bad mouth Lagos out of hatred because it is far more developed than my state. The cretins from ragtag states badmouthing Lagos is what we won’t allow. Lagos is a Yoruba heritage and we will protect it with everything.
Nobody is badmouthing Lagos..
U r from ekiti, u claim lagos, we have so many igbos who were born and lived all their lives in lagos, so shouldn't they also claim lagos?

Am from akwaibom, i have been to lagos like 2times, i wasnt born or bred there, can't lay claims of lagos.

And secondly, am not badmouthing lagos a former country capital that every states in Nigeria contributed so much resources to build.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by poiZon: 8:09am On Apr 01, 2022
Nisiw366:
all yorubas are lagosians including the unborn ones. Go to your cursed anambla
Apart from anambra, which other state do u know?
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by slowice(m): 8:09am On Apr 01, 2022
Ashawo-aju tilumbu for president grin grin
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by hush15: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
LEKKI CONCESSION COMPANY LIMITED RESUMES TOLLING AT IKOYI LINK BRIDGE ON 1st APRIL, 2022

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1509770140518391811?t=dRuC-BpVdwi7_I9wuccIxg&s=19

this toll gate ehn is just a complete fraud. it is the highest level of extortion and oppression and if the residents of lekki do not challenge this, then it's their loss because

1. it's unfair to them. they already pay road tax, land use charge, income tax, payee tax, VAT, and every other form of tax required to access whatever facility is on that axis. Why would you have to charge them toll tax again to leave and come back home? the biggest users of this road are those that live or run businesses on that axis, they already pay heavy taxes at all levels. someone like me who stays on the mainland doesn't have any business with toll except the occasion rises, why would the government milk few to fend for their misgovernance!
2. wealthier people and businesses are located in ikoyi and victoria island, will they also be tolled so that we know every part of the state is being tolled to generate revenue for the state?
3. that toll has not been active for almost a year now, if not more. Does it mean the state ran out of finances or the budget was reduced? I can testify to the fact that the axis has experienced better utility when It was down than when it was running. There was less traffic, ease of movement, and less road time. why change that cos it is a cheap way the state used to extort the citizens, apparently, only a few even get to access this wealth government generates from there.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by Nisiw366: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2022
poiZon:

Apart from anambra, which other state do u know?
Cursed eran. Go back to your dead anambla and enumgum

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by Lightorder: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2022
Viraltrends123:
As far Lagos is developing fast, I see no wrong when people pay tax or money like this, and they see the changes in the environment. In most states, if transformer spoils, everyone in the community will come together to contribute money to buy another one, we rearly see good road even in capitals, transport is expensive. So, let's leave Lamentations for Lagosians, and not that we will be complaining from Aba or Kogi
people wey no get bicycle wheel go dey talk. Poverty is witchcraft
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by chrizzyace: 8:13am On Apr 01, 2022
Okoroawusa:
I Love Lagos
Why?
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by poiZon: 8:14am On Apr 01, 2022
Nisiw366:
Cursed eran. Go back to your dead anambla and enumgum
Is it only anambra u know as a state in Nigeria?

U can let me help u list other states we have.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:14am On Apr 01, 2022
Elenu...ehen..Majority na so..na so na so. na so na so. I say na so na so. Elenu. Look we igbos aren't bad. THANK God you didn't say Kwara state government owns land that Great Portuguese discovered. We don't buy properties ,now you get it wrong.. We take territories strategically, I could call areas for you if you doubt. My fore fathers slaves for yorubas abi..so we have decided since you are the present slaves why we dominate over you,we will buy every inherited properties of yours like we have done to about 65 percent success rate. We have already begun giving names of street,bus stops,junctions in the south west the names of our middle class business illiterate traders like you claim...That's reality,I'm not talking 1967 matters oo..2022. The Atlantic is close by. We have begun by sinking our people into your western government.. You haven't seen anything yet. We only promise to endorse you and allow you keep what you worked hard for..everything inherited you will never get. We have it all.. The fulanis will keep slaughtering you but I'm civilized,I won't do that. It's history that your people fled to benin republic without any war and lost yewa and igangan..Facts... So please tell me 2022 facts,stop crying about Ojukwu

Nisiw366:
Eran. Stop ranting like an overfed disturbed baby. Yorubas are still majority in ilorin with yoruba governor. If you like buy 1000 properties in lagos, you are still a stranger. State government own all lands in lagos which an illiterate like you doesn't know. Your forefathers slaved for yorubas. You and you generations would slave for yorubas
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by kingyakos: 8:15am On Apr 01, 2022
seunmsg:

Kindly tell us your state so that we can compare with Lagos. I want to believe your state is as beautiful and developed as New York since there is no Tinubu to rip you people off. Just mention your state and let’s compare.

He is from kogi state grin grin cheesy
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by Nisiw366: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2022
poiZon:

Nobody is badmouthing Lagos..
U r from ekiti, u claim lagos, we have so many igbos who were born and lived all their lives in lagos, so shouldn't they also claim lagos?

Am from akwaibom, i have been to lagos like 2times, i wasnt born or bred there, can't lay claims of lagos.

And secondly, am not badmouthing lagos a former country capital that every states in Nigeria contributed so much resources to build.
He can claim lagos because he is yoruba. If you aren't yoruba, you aren't lagosian no matter your investments in lagos. If there is major fight in lagos, yorubas can block lagos ibadan exp and start dealing with igbos. We have done it to hausa with more influence and power

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by Jostoman: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
You want to spend the rest of your life in jail right.
so you want your Oga to commit a war crime?
Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by seunmsg(m): 8:17am On Apr 01, 2022
kingyakos:

He is from kogi state grin grin cheesy

No wonder! The guy run without dropping the name of his state.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2022
The Portuguese and Edo states will be laughing at your foolishness. You slaves from the conquered tribe of ilorin or lokoja..whatever. You have been dominated. You top 2022 lords are Tinubu and who else Osibanjo. You know how many igbos bigwigs are in Politics. Your population is decliningyour people are turning refugees elsewhere.. Very soon we will chase you back to meet your brothers Emmanuel adebayo in Togo. You don't belong here

Nisiw366:
Go back to your cursed enumgum. All yorubas are lagosians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Army Relocates Special Forces Training School To Buni Yadi / APC Hails Oshiomhole For Leading Party To Victory In Ekiti / Asiwaju Accuses FG Of Destroying Ogun Tomato Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.