Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,777 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? (27175 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Electrochemistry(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
I think there's a direct reference to this in the Bible.
"But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery"
Matthew 5:32 New International Version
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
A goner how so? If you decide you have right to express your polygamous nature, she also has a right to express hers. undecided

Both genders are polygnous by nature

Males sexual mating strategy is unlimited access to unlimited sex, males are driven by SEX AND SURVIVAL which therefore makes males polygamous by nature

Females sexual mating strategy is hypergamy (Alpha bleeps short term//Beta bucks long term) . Females are driven by survival not sex therefore makes females monogamous by nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
DEMZEE:
Men and women are different and play by different rules wen it comes to sex and relationships
Men are as faithful as their options. Men don't cheat, they just exercise their sexual options. Women however cheat . Men and women show loyalty differently
Men view sex like taking a piss,sex is just physical for men . Women view sex emotionally, they are emotionally attached wen it comes to sex
Again, enough of the meaningless ramblings abeg.... undecided

Survey after survey has shown that women cheat for the same reasons that men cheat, which is to satisfy that desire in them. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Engrpatpeters(m): 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
desoul2004:
Ladies are not saying anything here. Why?
Because there’s no other way to convince a gender from Africa that believes Cheating on their partner is their “birthright”.
African men only think about sex, all day.
NO WONDER…

5 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
There is no truth to any of what you claim here. undecided

Women can engage many men in marriage providing dem capable of "loving" more than one man too. undecided

Most women are incapable of serving two masters at the same time

Women are born followers and can only follow one master

Women are incapable of loving and having sex with multiple men at the same time.
Female nature is to have sex with the best male mate they can attract, have his seed and raise his family

Men and women are FVCKING different

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by airliner(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
Jennyclay:
I know two wrongs can't make a right but then you don't expect me to be loyal and faithful to you.. Then you go about sleeping with other ladies. It doesn't work for me.

I believe in Equality, go and ask my friends, they will tell you more about me.

give me ur friends number make I ask dem
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Precisely! undecided

Many folks fail grasp this aspect of the whole in their attempts at normalizing cheating by men in marriage.
undecided

Because females desire males other males wanna be and other females wanna fvck

It's called pre-selection

No female desires a male other females don't find attractive

Females are not independent thinkers, they are born followers due to their innate vulnerable nature. They are the weaker sex and are driven by survival

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
Simran94:

Because there’s no other way to convince a gender from Africa that believes Cheating on their partner is their “birthright”.
African men only think about sex, all day.
NO WONDER…
But in all honesty, the women who remain with these cheating men have a part in enabling what is this mentality so let's not forget that aspect to the situation. If women abandoned "cheating" men enmasse, they would have no option but to reevaluate what is their foolish ideas. But because we have women who hang to MRS title as if gold even when it is apparent that all they cling to is a failed union are at the center of the mindset.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by dare9ja: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
greatiyk4u:
This is referencing legally married persons not two fornicators deceiving themselves with the non Afrjcan word "fiancee"......You are either married or single QED

What Is Infidelity?
Infidelity, or cheating, is the act of being unfaithful to a spouse or other partner. It typically means engaging in sexual or romantic relations with a person other than one's significant partner, breaking a commitment or promise in the act.

If u have ever been the victim of infidelity, the first question you probably asked was, "why?" The consequences of infidelity are numerous, and it is only natural to want to know why your partner chose to cheat, even if knowing why doesn't bring you any relief. There could be any number of reasons, and there are many types of infidelity and cheating that could shed a little light on those reasons.

Not every act of infidelity is premeditated and driven by dissatisfaction with a current relationship…Maybe they were drinking or in some other way thrown into an opportunity they didn't anticipate.

Infidelity is not enough reason to leave a legal Marriage since it is a situation that can be amended.

It can be enough reason if the subject wanna make it that way...

But one can also forgive as our heavenly father would forgive us.. As long as the partner is sober enough, ready to accept mistakes/responsibility and sail along with you as confessed by vows.

Besides, divorcing one partner to marry another doesn't guarantee oneself of getting a saint as a partner...
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

Survey after survey has shown that women cheat for the same reasons that men cheat, which is to satisfy that desire in them. undecided

You need to stop arguing with those people.
They already see cheating as their birthright.
Unfortunately for this continent we are from, that’s all we will get while others are concentrating their energies on building their continents and countries, developing high-end tech to enhance their nations, the so-called male gender from Africa that believes only men should run the affairs of our continent only think about sex all day.

4 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by wallrichy: 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
Lol.....do me and I do you God no go get angry....Na your body and HIV + Syphilis etc.....go enjoy your body....Simple as ABC

Jennyclay:
But men have every right to cheat abi? because men are Polygamous in nature abi? Bull crap. See if you cheat on me, I will cheat on you too.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by airliner(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2022
personally, if i cheat on u and u cheat back. Hmmm. I think that will be the end of the relationship coz two imperfect people can nt make a relatnshp work. That's tit for tat [/quote]

U dey craze

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
But in all honesty, the women who remain with these cheating men have a part in enabling what is this mentality so let's not forget that aspect to the situation. If women abandoned "cheating" men enmasse, they would have no option but to reevaluate what is their foolish ideas. But because we have women who hang to MRS title as if gold even when it is apparent that all they cling to is a failed union are at the center of the mindset.. undecided

Actually I don’t blame those women.
The African culture has a lot of faults in it, it sees women as “objects of satisfaction and reproduction” nothing else. It has always been this way in Africa. They believe a woman who doesn’t have a head(husband) is nothing to the society. So that has instilled fear into the minds of these women.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Justkatty(f): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
Fahdiga:
Not applicable to women but a man can dump any woman that cheated on him. African men doesn't cheat. It is our God given right
May whatever you serve forgive you.
God given right ko
Fahdiga obtainable right ni
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

LIESSSS

FEMALES SHOW LOVE AND LOYALTY VIA SEX AND SEXUAL FIDELITY

IF FEMALES CHEAT ALL BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE SATISFIED THEN WHY DO THEY MAKE SEX SCARCE AND HARD TO GET FOR MOST MALES

WHY DO FEMALES VIEW SEX AS A VALUE LOADED EXCHANGE NOT AN EQUAL VALUE EXCHANGE??

DUDE FVCKING THINK GEEEEZ!!!!
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2022
Simran94:
You need to stop arguing with those people.
They already see cheating as their birthright.
Unfortunately for this continent we are from, that’s all we will get while others are concentrating their energies on building their continents and countries, developing high-end tech to enhance their nations, the so-called male gender from Africa that believes only men should run the affairs of our continent only think about sex all day.
But women are at the center of that belief, don't you see. undecided

Even an imbe-cile of a man will reevaluate his life and choices if every woman he willingly cheats on were to, for the sake of her dignity, walk out on him as a result. The problem that we see is fueled, unfortunately, by women who continue to sacrifice their self esteem and dignity for the MRS titie in relationship. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2022
airliner:
personally, if i cheat on u and u cheat back. Hmmm. I think that will be the end of the relationship coz two imperfect people can nt make a relatnshp work. That's tit for tat

U dey craze
But one imperfect person can make a relationship work? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by DEMZEE(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2022
Simran94:

Actually I don’t blame those women.
The African culture has a lot of faults in it, it sees women as “objects of satisfaction and reproduction” nothing else. It has always been this way in Africa. They believe a woman who doesn’t have a head(husband) is nothing to the society. So that has instilled fear into the minds of these women.

YES NOW

A FEMALE WHO IS WAY PAST HER SEXUAL PRIME, DIDNT GET MARRIED, STAY MARRIED AND HAD KIDS WITH THE MALE SHE LOVES,ADMIRES AND RESPECTS, FAILED IN LIFE

HUMAN BEINGS WERE CREATED TO PROCREATE AND FEMALES DERIVE HAPPINESS AND JOY FROM GETTING AND STAYING MARRIED, HAVING KIDS AND RAISING A FAMILY WITH THE MALE THEY LOVE, ADMIRE AND RESPECT

FEMALES DON'T DERIVE HAPPINESS FROM MAKING MONEY, HAVING A CAREER OR A BUSINESS

3 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by abimic(m): 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
In our society from time immemorial, a man is entitled to more than one wife, and the way our women are now conditioned, they pardon their husbands when they cheat, we can see the case of sammy okposo, 2face, 9ice amongst a host of others, but hardly would you see a woman that cheated, the husband knows and the woman still retains her marriage. For me, Cheating is a deal-breaker, as you dey cheat, just dey pack your load go your papa house, a cheat, if they do not kill themselves, would kill their partner one day. No one should cheat, and if any cheats, they can discuss either to continue their union or go separate ways. For me, I would go for the latter.

4 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by safarigirl(f): 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
Yes, cheating is enough reason to leave a marriage

It just does not happen the same way in Africa. In Africa, it is only the man that people will understand if he leaves the marriage, but women are expected to endure a cheating spouse.

So, women endure, and wait for a side chick like Chidinma to kill the idiot.

7 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Kobojunkiee: 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
safarigirl:

It just does not happen the same way in Africa. In Africa, it is only the man that people will understand if he leaves the marriage, but women are expected to endure a cheating spouse.

Women who do this feel themselves mentally incapable of handling life outside of their current marriage. undecided

When a woman says she has been in a marriage for decades, this after having to literally condone cheating from the spouse, all I see is a pathetic case that could really benefit from some professional mental Health counseling(children as well). Children raised in such homes go on to believe cheating is part of their stake and fate in life. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by greatiyk4u(m): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2022
safarigirl:

Lolz are you perfect?
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Ournolly: 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
Fahdiga:
Not applicable to women but a man can dump any woman that cheated on him. African men doesn't cheat. It is our God given right
Say no to vawolence bro.
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by RealTalker02: 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
greatiyk4u:
This is referencing legally married persons not two fornicators deceiving themselves with the non Afrjcan word "fiancee"......You are either married or single QED

What Is Infidelity?
Infidelity, or cheating, is the act of being unfaithful to a spouse or other partner. It typically means engaging in sexual or romantic relations with a person other than one's significant partner, breaking a commitment or promise in the act.

If u have ever been the victim of infidelity, the first question you probably asked was, "why?" The consequences of infidelity are numerous, and it is only natural to want to know why your partner chose to cheat, even if knowing why doesn't bring you any relief. There could be any number of reasons, and there are many types of infidelity and cheating that could shed a little light on those reasons.

Not every act of infidelity is premeditated and driven by dissatisfaction with a current relationship…Maybe they were drinking or in some other way thrown into an opportunity they didn't anticipate.

Infidelity is not enough reason to leave a legal Marriage since it is a situation that can be amended.

Until you realize not all cases can be amended and people process hurt differently. This your statement here is grossly Silly.

Even God permit divorce on the basis of infidelity, So who are you to say the above ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2022
DEMZEE:

YES NOW

A FEMALE WHO IS WAY PAST HER SEXUAL PRIME, DIDNT GET MARRIED, STAY MARRIED AND HAD KIDS WITH THE MALE SHE LOVES,ADMIRES AND RESPECTS, FAILED IN LIFE

HUMAN BEINGS WERE CREATED TO PROCREATE AND FEMALES DERIVE HAPPINESS AND JOY FROM GETTING AND STAYING MARRIED, HAVING KIDS AND RAISING A FAMILY WITH THE MALE THEY LOVE, ADMIRE AND RESPECT

FEMALES DON'T DERIVE HAPPINESS FROM MAKING MONEY, HAVING A CAREER OR A BUSINESS

Sorry to disappoint you but that was then, not anymore.
A lot of women are detaching from that useless African culture and believing they can be anything they want to be without being married. A lot women are no longer marriage freaks like before, you can work and have sources of income, you can get married IF YOU WANT TO and IF YOU DON’T WANT TO, you can move on with other great things in life like adopting a child or going for IVF and live happily ever after!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by ajl: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
See what some boys are typing here. It's like women are not human beings in Nigeria. I understand that the role and circumstances of man and woman differ in a marriage. But to say a man can leave a marriage but a woman can't because of infidelity suggest that most Nigerian men don't see their women as a partner but a subjugate. That's why the crazy men dominated parliaments make senseless laws that put women down.

5 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by RealTalker02: 2:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
safarigirl:

U may be correct to certain extent that a woman is expected to endure cheating spouse... But I still maintain , Any man or woman who is affected by cheating should leave. Let people talk....

If e give her AIDS, na that time people go Understand?

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by Karleb(m): 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2022
Yes.
Re: Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ? by ajl: 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2022
Simran94:

Sorry to disappoint you but that was then, not anymore.
A lot of women are detaching from that useless African culture and believing they can be anything they want to be without being married. A lot women are no longer marriage freaks like before, you can work and have sources of income, you can get married IF YOU WANT TO and IF YOU DON’T WANT TO, you can move on with other great things in life like adopting a child or going for IVF and live happily ever after!!!

I got your point. But to raise a child to be a well balanced adult mentally and character wise require a mother and father. I mean responsible parents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.