Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us (27683 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Advocate500: 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
I no you are been economical with the truth, something happened between your wife and your biological mother and you decided to side,always bear in mind that your mother is your mother no matter what, the wife you so much love today can be your greatest enemy 2morow, find a way and make peace between your mother and your wife and find out what made your mother said what she said.

Make no sense to believe that step mother is more reasonable than your biological mother.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Foreseer: 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2022
Beremx:
You don’t need to lie about the whereabouts of your wife and kids. Just tell her plainly that her co-wife is doing omugwo so that she will be pained.

What a mother!!
bro, take am easy.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Alaefulu(m): 3:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
Omo,nawa oo things dey occur oo
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by arthurwillia(m): 3:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

Please If you want to understand the full story go through my old threads

Lol how did you marrry somone your mum hate, you Dey motivate me aje
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by dalass(f): 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

What you sow is what you'll reap... If you want to experience not being to visit your children/ grandchildren, then don't allow her... It's not fair to her at all undecided
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by henryUN: 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Yes she is one in a million I appreciate her for everything she is doing for us.

The first time in my whole life, will I hear that they is such a good step mum.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by President2001(m): 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
That's red signal, please pray about it because you need to protect your family don't put your wife in Sadness
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Lazenby007(m): 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Yes she is one in a million I appreciate her for everything she is doing for us.
Becareful man! The heart of a man is very deep and deceitful. As for me,I don't know what you will do about the situation but your mother is still your mother. Your mother can't just wake up and start hating your wife. What did your wife do? Tell us first. Thank you
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Beey(f): 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Am not surprised that your stepmom is taking care of your wife. A lady brought her mom here in the US for the mom to help take care of her children as she was in nursing school. She said her mom would never cook or clean. She’d scatter her dirty clothes on the floor. It was one day when the lady’s husband had to fix the roof in his mother in laws room. He had a roof technician with him. Only to find dirty underwear’s all over the woman’s roof. The lady said that her mother in law was so nice and helpful but had to let her own mother return to Nigeria due to the stress the mother was causing her. Long story cut short, any woman who lacks sympathy especially after another woman has just lost a child, must be a person with a very dark heart. If your mom didn’t love and respect your wife in the past, is it now that things will change after coming to your home for a month? I don’t want to sound judgemental because I don’t know what your personal relationship with your mom is like. However, like many have said, it’s okay to love people from a distance. You can take the kids for a visit but let someone keep an eye on them all the time if you don’t trust your mom. I pray that you’ll receive healing and your relationship with her will be restored. One has only mother regardless of whether she has mental illness, is crippled or a witch. A mother is irreplaceable. Try workout your issues with her even if it means involving the elders , religious leaders or even a therapist. You’ll never have another biological mother.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by edosignature(m): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
It is better to be safe than never. You did the right thing.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Munzy14(m): 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Sorry man! You found yourself in that situation of being with a woman you love, whom your biological mother hates. sad Good you didn't let your mother's actions and inactions discourage you.

Love her from a far distance due to the length she went to wishing her death angry.

After the Omugwo thing, just pay her a visit..And do normal remittance to keep the motherly love alive.

Some mothers cross the line a lot lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by West2019(m): 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Hmmmm!

Mama wey no get sense, dem go drag her outside. My own mama na diamond. All her daughter inlaws are ok with her. She no dey cross her boundary. If anything dey wrong, na on her knees she dey solve am. She no be demon wey go dey wish daughllter inlaws death.

My mama no even send anyone. She gat investments all round Lagos. She no dey wait for her kids to feed herself. So, no pikin fit use money do her anything. Na her daughter unleashed dey go knee to collect sef from her in her palace.

Mama wey be witch will be used as example of witchcraft. And mama wey be prayer warrior will be used as examples too. It is not a matter of maltreating anyone. Her mama is a demon period. And my mama na prayer warrior. That's the difference.

And for your information, my mama was used for examples in public. I have talked about her in public too. The only issue is that this one mama na demon.

So, na for your own eyes dem put chewing gum. Mama wey no wan respect herself, dem go drag am outside.

Kid, if you mama na demon too, we go use am as sample ooo. Na normal stuff. If you dey scared, make you let us know. We go drag am so that her head go reformat and change. Else, you go just dey suffer in silence. We go protect the innocent girl.

You never marry na. So, which one this one dey talk? I wan see how you go treat your mama when she wan kill your wife. See, make you just give her the knife to slìce her throat na. Dont go expose her fast to leave your family alone. Dey protect one witch wey we suppose to remove from planet earth so we can celebrate say... one is down.

Anyway, my mama is not your mama mate. That I am sure of....and I am not your mama mate too. So, just park one side. On a serious note...kid, shift to one side.
God punish your and your prostitute mother . where are you in Lagos believe me i will clear you and that hopeless mother off just tell me where to meet you i don't talk much .
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by HRMK: 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
yes,its right to keep her off!unless u want to create serious problem for ur wife!!
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by timefarm(m): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

People can change. She might have seen the foolishness of her actions. So dont just cast her out, reconcile.

You might want to visit her personally first to find out why the change of disposition towards you and the wife. Her response should give you a clue to what is happening.

But that your step mum, I dont really understand that part.
Hope she is really good to you as she appears. Better watch.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by West2019(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
just tell me where to meet you, your news will come over here next week
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Mariangeles(f): 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Thank you. Yes I have a stepmum

Your mum's attitude explains why you have a step mum.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Jhayeahsam01(m): 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
Yield to the advise given to u here boss
This place na our family house
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Queenstores: 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
Where is your old thread link?
Francis609:

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Munzy14(m): 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

Your mum's attitude explains why you have a step mum while she's still alive.
Madam kedu?

Waiting happen? I was wondering whether ma i gba la gala from ebe a grin

What happened?
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

and your mum didn't aware that she's in your place?
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by pikechukwu6(m): 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Plainly tell her a NO answer to her request instead of telling lies before man and God...No invite problem to your house if she wished your wife death.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Starz825(m): 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Thank you. Yes I have a stepmum
Your step mum undecided..
Abeg Sha be careful of both of them..
Both your mum and your step mum...
I don't know what's wrong with our mothers..you dey fight person no mean say make you wish her death na..haba..

Meanwhile
I doubt if you are Yoruba...
Because...your mama no dey with you ..wetin your step mum con dey find for there...... grin
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by GistFullGround: 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
Your duty is to your wife & children.

Your wife cannot be happy knowing that your mom, who wished her death will come spend sometime in your house.

Your mom could be missing you as a child or she could be of no use, when she comes. Words do matter in life, once spoken, it cannot be taken back.

You have to balance your happiness. No need to lie that your wife will not be around. You have to be bold and let her know what she said long ago.

So, for this reason, she cannot be a part of your family!
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
Solvelink:
wooh... and she is doing things better than your mum so pathetic.
STORY, IT MIGHT EVEN BE EYE SERVICE...

ME NO TRUST ANY STEP MOTHER FOR MY LIFE... HIAN!!
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Mariangeles(f): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
Munzy14:

Madam kedu?

Waiting happen? I was wondering whether ma i gba la gala from ebe a grin

What happened?

A di m nke oma. Thanks.

My phones decided to gang up on me and eff me up, so ma si ka m were ohere ahu gbaara nga oso...I was tempted to not ever log in again.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by nizelgirl(f): 4:00pm On Apr 03, 2022
Reading through your previous post I'll say keep your wife very far from your mother. May God bless your step mum. Her kind is rare.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by ailenmen: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2022
Don't understand, u are supposed to be closer to our mum! Y stepmom ?.
Don't u think some tin is wrong some where ? Find out , some tin went wrong some where !. And I believe she said it out of annoyance.
Ur mum suppose to be d one, not ur step mum. So be careful
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by ailenmen: 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ur mum can not harm u or ur family , some tin is wrong .it's ur mum that suppose be there ,not ur step mum sad
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Mariangeles(f): 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
jesmond3945:
too wicked that she cannot be forgiven?

The question is has she repented from her wicked ways?
Is she remorseful?
Did she ask to be forgiven?
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

you don't have to lie in this situation, tell her the exact reason why you don't want her close...the issue is not whether you want to turn your house into a war and enemity zone filled with bad energies.. rather the question is " can you handle the bad atmosphere that will come with your mum's visit ? "

For me, let her come when the children her in primary school...

If I may ask, what even lead to the discussion of her coming ?
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by MadamOk(f): 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
Please is not bad they way you are handling it

It is for the peace of mind of your wife

Mother I/L drama is the least I can have in a relationship or marriage cool cool cool
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Exceed15: 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
What other warning signal are you waiting for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Were The Funny Views You Had As A Kid? / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.