Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,307 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us (27700 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Oburu202: 3:11am On Apr 04, 2022
I can't believe this. This is something you will on Nigerian movies.

I wonder what is really going on. How could your mom do this? Unbelievable!

Francis609:

Yes she is one in a million I appreciate her for everything she is doing for us.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Oburu202: 3:16am On Apr 04, 2022
How come she's not aware that your stepmother is around? Is she not aware that you have a stepmother?

Like what is really going on? Your mom doesn't know that the woman who is also a wife to her husband is in her son's house? Can you clear this out if you don't mind.

It's confusing. But please don't let her come. Devil can use anyone to hurt you. She might not come with charms, etc. But her evil mind can get your children sick. Bring back luck, your kids might start behaving so bad. In some case, it will take your new born many months to walk. Evil minds around kids are so bad.i have seen that.

pretydiva:
Simply tell her the truth that your step mom is around for the omugu and that her coming is not needed
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Oburu202: 3:18am On Apr 04, 2022
So you think she doesn't know? You are not serious. Being a coward? You lack sense.

Kobojunkiee:
Op, this and tell your mother the truth. She deserves to know what she has done wrong and why she can't be anywhere near your wife and your kids for that matter. undecided

Stop being a coward about it! undecided
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by JustforMen: 4:54am On Apr 04, 2022
Mum is a woman; Wife is a woman; Step Mum is a woman!
Think with your brain not your dick or emotions!
Congratulations for your twins!
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Munzy14(m): 5:43am On Apr 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Thanks.

True. cheesy

Okay. cheesy
Ihe m ga na e mezi wu I nyetu nga break once a while.

I meela.
Lol.

More like staying off comments atimes..

I don't buy newpapers, I come here to read the dailies..Imagine i stopped to buy sun newspaper last week after almost 7years grin I was now asking the vendor how much is paper, If he had said any abnormal amount, I will pay.

Phone and internet effect.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by jackpot(f): 7:40am On Apr 04, 2022
kozmokaz:

Lol just visit cause she is still his mom

But I do advise the take precautionary measures also they should be weary of what they eat
no need creating a hostile atmosphere by allowing her to come. Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by babaoo: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

Please If you want to understand the full story go through my old threads
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by alizma: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

You did the right thing. Keep dribbling her then one weekend, take her by surprise by visiting her with your family and keep close mark on her while the visit last. With that, she can't say she is being denied access to her grandchildren.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Limitbreaker01: 9:15am On Apr 04, 2022
Grant the woman access to her GRANDKIDS I beg of you...
No mother jokes with her grandchildren..
Trust me,she's not coming to harm ur family,she probably must av realized her mistakes,give her a chance to makeup for her wrongs n don't let her die guilty......
Deep down,am sure u really love your mum....
Please forgive her
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by CCC2(m): 10:24am On Apr 04, 2022
She will poison those kids just to prove a point. It is true we cant delete our parents from our life entirely but relation with wicked ones from a distance is wisdom.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Dikegodspower(m): 10:43am On Apr 04, 2022
No allow her,allow me.
Kposhi kposhi
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by kozmokaz(m): 10:48am On Apr 04, 2022
jackpot:
no need creating a hostile atmosphere by allowing her to come. Prevention is better than cure.

But they just can trade with caution
She is still his mom

Let them do the visiting
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Mariangeles(f): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol.

More like staying off comments atimes..

I don't buy newpapers, I come here to read the dailies..Imagine i stopped to buy sun newspaper last week after almost 7years grin I was now asking the vendor how much is paper, If he had said any abnormal amount, I will pay.

Phone and internet effect.

Newspapers nowadays wu for ndi mpa. So old news. cheesy
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Poleski: 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2022
Francis609:

You've got to do what you must do to protect your family. Your mum hates your wife, and she hasn't done anything to really make the relationship better.

So keep her far away from your wife and kids for now, until you're 100% sure she isn't going to do anything stupid to them.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Munzy14(m): 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Newspapers nowadays wu for ndi mpa. So old news. cheesy
grin grin grin a wuni m mpa na...

Funny enough I didn't buy to read sef..Just For another thing.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by AutoChick4U(f): 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
jesmond3945:
i beg to differ. This is your biological mother. The only person she hates is your wife and not your kids. This is not new. Mother in laws and daughter in laws na cat and dog. The issue is this, if your wife knows that your mum wished her death, she would never forgive your mother. That means if she comes over, they would not get along. So it behoves on your mother to ask for forgiveness and truly repent before your wife. As for your step mum she is just playing to the gallery. That she is helping out doesn't mean she loves your kids more than your mum. She might be exploiting the situation since she knows your mum has been barred. What I will tell you, work on your mum to reconcile with your wife and take up her leading role as granny. Dont lie to her, let her come. If she misbehaves you can always tell her to stop or go back home to her husband.
Bad advise. If she kill am na you go still rush type RIP. Better wake up to the wickedness of this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife / What Were The Funny Views You Had As A Kid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.