Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us (27650 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by cpu2006(m): 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2022
Romanoff:
Keep that woman far from you before she harms your wife and kids.

That is the best advise a Lady can ever give a Man.
Miss adviser, u too should remember that u will become mother one day. What of if your son is running for u & not allowing u to come to his house, how will you fill?
Am sure, the guy in question is hiding some things, he did not tell us the full story.
As a Man, ur Mummy & ur Wife are very important, pls take care of them well.
As a Wife, don't give advise that will scatter the relationship btw ur mother inlaw & your husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by tabithaola(f): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

Please If you want to understand the full story go through my old threads

Having gone through your story, I'll advice you keep her at harm's length. Allowing her into your home is like inviting trouble. Some people aren't just loveable no matter what. Talk to her on phone and stay prayerful.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by AdedoyinO(f): 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
jesmond3945:
no matter what, she always be his mother. If he didn't care he would be writing a thread about it. He has every right to barr her because of the treatment towards the wife. However, he still needs the mother in the life of his kids. The joy of every son is to give his mother grand kids. Thats why for his peace of mind, he should kickstart it on the condition that the mum has changed

You are just being sentimental about the issue. Haven't you read of threads here on Nairaland the wickedness of some biological mothers to their own children? One slapped his mother the other day.

I have read of hatred of MIL to DIL like this that the woman eventually killed her only son with food poison she intended for the hated wife to eat. Now her other children would have nothing to do with her.

Let him keep the mother away from his family. They should visit when her with the babies later.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by joycluv: 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Yes she is one in a million I appreciate her for everything she is doing for us.

Watch your back.
She might be the cause of the problem between you and your mom. If she's an angel as you claim, she wouldn't be in a hurry to take the place of your mother while she's still alive. Instead, she should have tried to settle whatever issue between you people.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Romanoff(f): 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2022
cpu2006:

That is the best advise a Lady can ever give a Man.
Miss adviser, u too should remember that u will become mother one day. What of if your son is running for u & not allowing u to come to his house, how will you fill?
Am sure, the guy in question is hiding some things, he did not tell us the full story.
As a Man, ur Mummy & ur Wife are very important, pls take care of them well.
As a Wife, don't give advise that will scatter the relationship btw ur mother inlaw & your husband.

I have a sister in-law and each time my mum does something to her that I feel it's not right, I tell my mum straight up.

I have a very good mother in law so I don't expect any less for my mum towards her daughter in law. .

I don't give an advice I can't take e

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Oyiboman69: 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Thank you
you've not told us what led to your mother hating your wife to the extent of of wishing her dead and all you've been posting is your mother this, your mother that. How a woman will suffer and take care of a child from pregnancy to and adulthood just to reap the fruit of her rigorous labor, only to loose him to one woman in the space of just 2 to 3 years of marrying wife is heartbroken. you're now a father and your wife is now a mother.....
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Bbbw: 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
Yeah
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
Oyiboman69:
you've not told us what led to your mother hating your wife to the extent of of wishing her dead and all you've been posting is your mother this, your mother that. How a woman will suffer and take care of a child from pregnancy to and adulthood just to reap the fruit of her rigorous labor, only to loose him to one woman in the space of just 2 to 3 years of marrying wife is heartbroken. you're now a father and your wife is now a mother.....

She hates her because she is from the same tribe as my dad. She wanted me to marry a lady from her tribe.
she also thinks she is ugly and will give birth to ugly kids.just because she gave birth doest mean I had a happy childhood if she was a good mother then my brother wouldn't have sent me the voice message of her wishing my wife's death. You don't know what my siblings especially my brothers went through in her hands for the respect I have for her I will not mention anything about it.

The day she called she didn't apologised to me and acted like nothing had happened and do you think I should allow her around my wife just like that , when I am not even sure of her next plans? I don't think that's a good idea.

All I am trying to do is to protect my wife and children I wouldn't forgive myself if she harm any of them. It is better she stay away from them to avoid the story that touch the heart .

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2022
Oyiboman69:

She hates her because she is from the same tribe as my dad. She wanted me to marry a lady from her tribe.
she also thinks she is ugly and will give birth to ugly kids.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Mariangeles(f): 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Na wah ooo!

So, she does not like your dad too? No wonder!
Is she first or second wife?
If I were your stepmum, I'd be wary of her though. undecided

She has been shamed by the good fortune of your wife.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by uchetom(f): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
Solvelink:
wooh... and she is doing things better than your mum so pathetic.

Some real moms are hell on earth,speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
joycluv:

Watch your back.
She might be the cause of the problem between you and your mom. If she's an angel as you claim, she wouldn't be in a hurry to take the place of your mother while she's still alive. Instead, she should have tried to settle whatever issue between you people.

My step mum is not the problem between my mum and I, I came to know her when I become an adult already because my mum didn't want our dad to have contact with us. She was not the cause of their divorce the reason why the divorce was because the marriage was toxic. My dad was a drunker and my mum is short tempered any time my dad drink she will battered him to the point of stabbing him in the hand.

His family had to interven because it become a matter of lif e and death and they tough if both of them stayed together one of them might ended up dead and another in prison they had to separated them. Ever since my dad had married my step mum he has never touched alcohol again he become a new person unlikely when he was married to my mum.

When I have met with my step mum I have seen everything I have wanted for my mum to be , her love towards us is not fake she really care and love us for real. Why would she settle the matter that doesn't concern her ? If my aunty who is my mum elder sister have tried to settle the matter without success do you think she will listen to my step mum ?

My mum doesn't listen to anyone she thinks she is a semi god and want everybody to abide to her rules and anyone who doesn't is her enemy. Her elder sister had attended my wedding and she has stopped talking to her and do you think someone like her deserve to be around my wife the woman she hates so much .

My wife only sin is she is the same tribe as my dad and also according to her she is ugly and will give birth to ugly kids . My babies are not ugly lol they are the most beautiful babies in the world, the annoying thing is my daughter is the carbon copy of my mum. I have been fasting and praying it is only her face she resemble that's all but not her characters because I wouldn't even to raise a child who has the same characters as my mum.

My family and I are happy to be away from her we don't want any stress my wife is a nursing mother taking care of one baby is even hard not to talk about two . Right now she need to be stress free to have the strength to take good care of the babies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by yinkbell: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
Bluntemperor:

You are thanking someone that is against your mother?Are you jazed or what is wrong with you? How did you bathed this World ? Is it only your father alone?
Don't allow your mother to curse you, young man!- if your mother is that wicked,how did you survive up till now, even call her a witch, or is it now that she would kill you!
- You are the problem not your mother because it's not the first time a man's mother will always have quarrel with the daughter in-law,which you should have calmed down your wife but you have taken side, thereby given you wife an uncontrollable access to see you own mother as enemy! Children of today,na wao!
Remember- what an elderly see while sitting,a young man of your age wouldn't see it while on a ten- story building!
Also remember that,you too will be old and this your wife you are now making innocent will stage a comeback as the children begins to turns adult.
My friend,let your Mummy stayed for number of months she wants with your children and appeal to your wife to accept your mother like her own mother.
Please,grow up young man,no debate!
My mother in law is bad! Very nonsensical!

Thanks emperor. Mama wey never kill him when he be pikin, na this time she go kill hin wife and kids. The woman may be hurt by her previous relationship experience. One needs love to overcome hatred. The scripture says we should pray for our enemy and love those who spitefully despise us. He needs to forgive his mum and allow peace to reign in the family. Thanks for your 2cents advise sir. Bless u bro.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by MOYOSPARKS(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

What is happening with mother in laws these days? Simply because your son married a lady from his father's tribe and because she sees his wife as bin ugly? Sincerely, this is not nice. Some mother inlaws wants to dictate how their son run their homes. Even in islam and Christianity it is stated that a third party in a marriage is totally wrong. Thankfully, you are on your wife's side. Besides, our spouses are supposed to be our number 1 no matter what. I am so sorry but some mother inlaws and sister inlaws are demons in human skin. They forget they are also women, issorite.
Las las, na God still get all of us.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

Na wah ooo!

So, she does not like your dad too? No wonder!
Is she first or second wife?
If I were your stepmum, I'd be wary of her though. undecided

She has been shamed by the good fortune of your wife.

Yes she was the first wife but they were already divorced when my dad had married my step mum

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Oyiboman69: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

those her reasons are absurd...

What I intend to say is that...you know her better and know if she's really the person that can go to the extent of hurting your children. Its a painful thing to see your child going out of your reach after what one must have gone through for the child. Just look for a way of bringing her along cos you abstaining from her will not solve the problem. Besides, she must have rue her attitudes towards you and your wife and therefore intend to make amends or do you expect her to call you and your wife and apologize openly before you could see through her words?....
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Simplythebest: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
I concur with u cus his mother can never harm her grandkids never cus is the prayer of every mother to have a grandkids. So he should talk to her mom in finding a way to reconcile with her daughter in law infact this is the perfect opportunity to do that. Who even know whether the step mom was the reason why ur mom and ur wife are not in good terms.
jesmond3945:
i beg to differ. This is your biological mother. The only person she hates is your wife and not your kids. This is not new. Mother in laws and daughter in laws na cat and dog. The issue is this, if your wife knows that your mum wished her death, she would never forgive your mother. That means if she comes over, they would not get along. So it behoves on your mother to ask for forgiveness and truly repent before your wife. As for your step mum she is just playing to the gallery. That she is helping out doesn't mean she loves your kids more than your mum. She might be exploiting the situation since she knows your mum has been barred. What I will tell you, work on your mum to reconcile with your wife and take up her leading role as granny. Dont lie to her, let her come. If she misbehaves you can always tell her to stop or go back home to her husband.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by moneyissues(m): 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
Safety first... Keep her far

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by semanose: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Was in a similar situation my self.

You did the right thing.

Keep her far. She has something up her sleeves.

One month my foot.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by TheSociopath(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
Cutehector:
Please dont invite problem. Let us learn to love people from afar.

Exactly... He should take care of his mum and send money to her regularly. He can even visit once in a while but he shouldn't let her near his home, the wife will start disliking him even after the mum has left
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by semanose: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Op, this and tell your mother the truth. She deserves to know what she has done wrong and why she can't be anywhere near your wife and your kids for that matter. undecided

Stop being a coward about it! undecided

Women like her will not see anything wrong in what they do.

He doesn't need to discuss anything.

He should know how to play his game right.

If he can stand his grand against her, so be it
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Pharaohny: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

You better allow your mother be at her place to avoid story that touch

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by kunle75(m): 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Don't do it,I repeat don't do it please
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by harmony75: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
Please that your so called stepmom that's nice could be people behind the clash between you, your wife and mom. This world is evil so you and your own mom will be at logger head!? Pray and pray she's your mom.. kokoro to nje efo.. that woman may be very innocent but this wicked world don't like family where there's love. Forgive your mom let her come over care for her grandchildren it elongates their life as grandparent.. better still be on ground to monitor the situation the woman may not have anything against your wife may God expose every evil pretenders in our lives Ijn �
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Munzy14(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

A di m nke oma. Thanks.

My phones decided to gang up on me and eff me up, so ma si ka m were ohere ahu gbaara nga oso...I was tempted to not ever log in again.

Happy Sunday.
Good to know you are.

Hehehe you cannever trust ihe ndi a ma ya wuru mma m.

Tempted ke? Don't go there o..you are bigger than that biko.
If you can overlook the toxicity here, this place is fun and educating..So eche kwala otu ahu..

Ya wuru na o mere 5days ahu m gi ebe a, I will raise alarm grin grin Si chowa ebe i gara o.

The worst is there is nothing I can do if you had done that....

Don't think like that again o...ufodu huru gi as role model nga...I choro iwu ha n'ala?

Same here and a happy April.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by jaxxy(m): 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Yes she is one in a million I appreciate her for everything she is doing for us.

Bt why does ur mom hate yr wife so much? What did ur wife do to her or is ur mom just a terrible and difficult woman??
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by bummyla(m): 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2022
Some mothers! Na wa for them Oooooo!

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Bobbybrwon(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2022
You can give her a benefit of doubt

But why would you say when SHE lost our first child instead of when WE lost our first child
That phrase sounds like it's her fault not yours .
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by EngrBalo: 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2022
This is your mother you so much detest just because what I can not define you said happened..... How can a mother whom didn't killed you wright from the womb will now imagine it? is it now that you are now source of her joy that she would now want you dead. I pity your hereafter bro.......mother will always be there for us no matter the good /ugly situation. Please don't disrespect your mum for any reason cos you are also growing............ Quickly sick for her forgiveness and blessings now..........A word is enough for the wise
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
Bobbybrwon:
You can give her a benefit of doubt

But why would you say when SHE lost our first child instead of when WE lost our first child
That phrase sounds like it's her fault not yours .

Thank you for correcting me

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Mariangeles(f): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
Munzy14:

Good to know you are.

Hehehe you can never trust ihe ndi a ma ya wuru mma m.

Thanks.

True. cheesy

Tempted ke? Don't go there o..you are bigger than that biko.
If you can overlook the toxicity here, this place is fun and educating..So eche kwala otu ahu..

Ya wuru na o mere 5days ahu m gi ebe a, I will raise alarm grin grin Si chowa ebe i gara o.

The worst is there is nothing I can do if you had done that....

Don't think like that again o...ufodu huru gi as role model nga...I choro iwu ha n'ala?

Same here and a happy April.

Okay. cheesy
Ihe m ga na e mezi wu I nyetu nga break once a while.

I meela.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by MARYIAN(f): 12:40am On Apr 04, 2022
Simply tell her the truth that your step mom is around undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Were The Funny Views You Had As A Kid? / "You’re My Father" -Student; "No, I’m Not, Please" – Ex -lawmaker / Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.