Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us (27692 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Drastick(m): 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
I'm tired with life.
No job, no money, no food, no home, no lover, no family.
I am starving. What a life of torment
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by cp3o: 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
Zonefree:
Your mum not liking your wife is no big deal, women no dey ever like themselves.

The only problem here is wishing your wife dead. For me, I'll stay far away from such person.

Yes, the mouth never successfully keeps the secrets in the heart. Just avoid her. Firmly but tactfully.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Archworld(m): 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

Please If you want to understand the full story go through my old threads

How do we go through your old post she you didn't post any link
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by SmileDance(f): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Your mum still has evil plans for your wife which is why she wants to visit to execute the plans and it looks like she won't stop at nothing till she satisfies her desires, OP protect your family, that woman is a shame to motherhood.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by SILVERLINES: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

wishing ur wife dead is a NO NO

For me I will say keep her far away from ur family. But nevertheless still love her as ur mother

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by SoapQueen(f): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

NO!!!
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Enemyofpeace: 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
Never, ever allow her near your house unless you want to lose one of your twins.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing ...

You did the wrong thing by telling her your wife traveled. Next time, you just tell her "Thanks, but we are okay for now and will let you know if we nee you".

That way, you're letting her know your stand and at the same time, being diplomatic enough.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Aleem26(m): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
Omo werey ��
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by OKOATA(m): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2022
After everything you and your wife passed through with your mom you still want to invite her. Shows you yourself is very dumb, you mostly sound like a weaklen on all your thread. Must everything revolve around your mom. Why can't you keep this woman at arms length, you lost your first child, I hope when she comes she doesn't kill your wife. So dumb a man. Stop opening thread about your mom abeg, it shows you can't decide as a man and too childish. Any small thing my mom. Take charge as a man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by ednut1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2022
Imagine a step mum going above and beyond for you. Your mum is a disgrace and a witch
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by kikuyu1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Some people,incl immediate family are TOXIC! You can only keep your distance from them.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Mom007(f): 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2022
Someone who hates your wife to the point of wishing her death! Use your tongue to count your teeth my brother! This is a very stressful time for your wife. She's just given birth to and is nursing twins. You know your mother more than anyone else... You even disowned her for good reason. Do not let her emotionally blackmail you. Let her alone pls. She is not even trying to visit for a few days but a month! Look, even the bible says a man shall leave his father and mother and stick to his wife! Discuss this with your wife and if she is not agreeable, pls don't push the issue. Don't lie to your mom either. Tell her the reason you are giving her space and pray for her. Pray for yourself too. I have an aunt, not a them say story now... My aunt, who killed her only son just because he tried to leave the house and live an independent life... A man of about 33yrs. First she used psychiatric people to kidnap him and locked him up at yaba psychiatric... For 8months... Before word got out and he was rescued, came out sick and looking like a skeleton but he died less than a year later from complications resulting from that horrible experience! Why am I sharing this? Some mothers are not mothers at all but even wish their children death than for them to go against their will. Be careful! You are a married man with kids you are responsible for now so be guided.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by West2019(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
now the old woman she your enemie., remember when she give birth to you feed you till you know yourself as man , bring your mum issue in public you Bleep up

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

You already know your mother is the "demon" sent to your family. And you want her come kill your wife. Are you Okay? The blood of your wife is on your head if she dies, and you will suffer it on this earth and after life. Una no get brain?
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
West2019:
now the old woman she your enemie., remember when she give birth to you feed you till you know yourself as man , bring your mum issue in public you Bleep up
But the target is the wife. Una put chewing gum for your eyes? Or cant you read? So, you want him to welcome the witch to kill the innocent girl.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by dododawa1: 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
Problem no dey finish, LEFT,Right,up and down
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Pinkyposh(f): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2022
kozmokaz:
Best you guys can do is pay her a one day visit

But her coming to your house is a NO NO pls be wise
Not just a visit but a supprise visit, so she does not prepare to execute her plans

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Lexusgs430: 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Have you told your wife, her MIL hoping to visit, for a whole 31 days.......... wink
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Pinkyposh(f): 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2022
kozmokaz:
Best you guys can do is pay her a one day visit

But her coming to your house is a NO NO pls be wise
I don't support that 1 day visit, but visit and still go back to your house
Spending the night is enough to execute a plan.
Just visit her without notice

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by West2019(m): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

But the target is the wife. Una put chewing gum for your eyes? Or cant you read? So, you want him to being the witch to kill the innocent girl.
can you read you put pepper in your eyes .must him bring out him mum issue here can him solve the problem by himself. or are you amonge the type maltreating own mother
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Heavensent01(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
do you seek to know how you lost your first child ? you should have done that even before debating on her coming or not

if she no get hands there I doubt if she won't poisoned your wife las las with her hatred for her

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by house10s2: 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

just keep her away
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by deavicky(m): 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

I usually don't think like this but right now I'm under the impression that ur step mother has bewitched you. How on earth will speak of ur mother in this despicable manner. What ever she had said about ur wife don't u think it was because of the circumstances at that moment. Now u want to deny her the joy of staying with her grand children. I just hope u can handle the aftermath if she finds out.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by torqque7(m): 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Bro your mum will soon make you a widower if you looseguard cos she may be planning to poison your wife and tell you she never liked her so she can’t pretend. Your loyalty lies with your wife now especially if she has been a good woman genuinely
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by ABG2222: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
jesmond3945:
i beg to differ. This is your biological mother. The only person she hates is your wife and not your kids. This is not new. Mother in laws and daughter in laws na cat and dog. The issue is this, if your wife knows that your mum wished her death, she would never forgive your mother. That means if she comes over, they would not get along. So it behoves on your mother to ask for forgiveness and truly repent before your wife. As for your step mum she is just playing to the gallery. That she is helping out doesn't mean she loves your kids more than your mum. She might be exploiting the situation since she knows your mum has been barred. What I will tell you, work on your mum to reconcile with your wife and take up her leading role as granny. Dont lie to her, let her come. If she misbehaves you can always tell her to stop or go back home to her husband.

This is what I call reading through the lines.

Op Give your mom a second chance and let her know that if she tries anything. Then it's done for good

Step mom are cracks in the hole. She is doing that to pepper your mom and she's in the right state of mind than your mom.

Perhaps your mom is still hurting from the second wife palava and puts the aggression on your wife who has stolen her son's heart

Wait till your dad marries a 3rd wife then you will know what your step mom can do
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Olayetan(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
Francis609:

Your stepmother or your mother in-law?

Pls, if your mum doesn't like your wife, don't let her to the omugwo, and for your wife peace, don't let her come live with you.
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Dickson178(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
Thinking of my lovely mom I lost!

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
Na her village people will tell her say make she come kill your wife, please don't let her come,
you can make phone call to know weather there is any problem
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Mindlog: 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
deavicky:
I usually don't think like this but right now I'm under the impression that ur step mother has bewitched you. How on earth will speak of ur mother in this despicable manner. What ever she had said about ur wife don't u think it was because of the circumstances at that moment. [b]Now u want to deny her the joy of staying with her grand children. [/b]I just hope u can handle the aftermath if she finds out.

Staying with grandchildren that are also the children of the woman she wished death and has not bothered to reconcile with?

She had issues with OP's father who she is no longer with, wishing the son's wife death
when their baby died because she is from her ex-husband's tribe and against the relationship to the extent she didn't attend their wedding alongside her other children (OP's siblings).

On what grounds, is she visiting? Will you expect the daughter-in-law eat the food OP's mother would prepare or feel comfortable with her around the twin babies?

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by moneyissweet(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
Gbam.

My enemy remains my enemy.

I don't like what I hate.

Romanoff:
Keep that woman far from you before she harms your wife and kids.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Were The Funny Views You Had As A Kid? / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.