Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

A Friendly Advice To All Atheists - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Friendly Advice To All Atheists (3550 Views)

A Message To All Atheists / Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / A Question For All Atheists On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Where did you get such a definition?

Okay, how would you define belief?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Okay, how would you define belief?

Confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:40am On Apr 28, 2022
LordReed:

Confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof.

Does this your definition apply only to religious folk or is this a general view?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Does this your definition apply only to religious folk or is this a general view?

General.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:31am On Apr 28, 2022
LordReed:

General.

So I take it that you don't believe in having beliefs? You have no beliefs?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

So I take it that you don't believe in having beliefs? You have no beliefs?

I personally do not do beliefs, other people can have them.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
LordReed:

I personally do not do beliefs, other people can have them.

Lol... What in the world did I just read? So if someone were to ask you, 'What do you believe about climate change' what would be your response?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2022
LordReed:

General.

So you believe that all beliefs are not based on evidence? Even Atheistic beliefs?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

So you believe that all beliefs are not based on evidence? Even Atheistic beliefs?

I don't think belief is necessary if you have facts.

Give me examples of atheistic belief.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
LordReed:

I don't think belief is necessary if you have facts.

Give me examples of atheistic belief.

Belief isn't necessary if you have facts? What do you refer to as 'an opinion about a fact or facts' if not belief?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Belief isn't necessary if you have facts? What do you refer to as 'an opinion about a fact or facts' if not belief?

Why do you need an opinion on a fact?

Meanwhile I am still waiting for examples of atheistic beliefs.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol... What in the world did I just read? So if someone were to ask you, 'What do you believe about climate change' what would be your response?

And I would answer I have no beliefs about climate change.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by dontrulee: 1:37am On Apr 29, 2022
mariovito:
Leave us alone.

Do you think an atheist hasn't thought all of this gibberish you put up there through?

I should spend one year to find out whether god is real or not, am I that jobless and useless?

He should step out of the shroud of secrecy and show himself.

Show me incontrovertible facts and proofs of your gods existence and I wont have to believe in his existing but agree and accept his existence.

Belief comes into play when there's lack of evidence, belief is a mere play on the emotions.

How does it make sense believing in an all powerful and knowing God when all those attributes do not actually exist and can't reside in one being?

finally, if truly the god depicted in the bible as yhwh or Jehovah truly exists, I can't be forced to follow him because the character has some of the greatest personality flaws ever. Egotistical, ill tempered, deceptive, wicked, evil, psychotic sadist, these are some of the attributes exhibited by the Christian god and I'd rather not associate with such a person.

If truly there's a god hidden somewhere and he has been very unconcerned about the plight of the downtrodden, the poor, humans in war torn areas, I have no business with him and he should be the one actually seeking my forgiveness.

Lol, you sound like you have a reprobate mind. grin grin
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2022
LordReed:

And I would answer I have no beliefs about climate change.

Ok, what if I were to ask you, 'what do you think about climate change'?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
LordReed:

Why do you need an opinion on a fact?

Meanwhile I am still waiting for examples of atheistic beliefs.

Atheistic beliefs like, 'There is no God'

An opinion is simply a belief, what you think that is based on facts.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Ok, what if I were to ask you, 'what do you think about climate change'?

I would say the data shows high degrees of change that may become catastrophic in future.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Atheistic beliefs like, 'There is no God'

An opinion is simply a belief, what you think that is based on facts.

I don't have such a belief. Any other example?

Opinions don't have to be based on facts, they are simply personal perspectives.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
LordReed:

I don't have such a belief. Any other example?

Opinions don't have to be based on facts, they are simply personal perspectives.

Lol... So if I were to ask you to give me the facts about climate change what would be your answer?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
LordReed:

I would say the data shows high degrees of change that may become catastrophic in future.

And what would you describe as your view of the data? Wouldn't you say, I believe the data shows high degrees of change that may become catastrophic in future?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

And what would you describe as your view of the data? Wouldn't you say, I believe the data shows high degrees of change that may become catastrophic in future?

No, I wouldn't say that.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
LordReed:

No, I wouldn't say that.

So what shalt thou say?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 12:04am On Apr 30, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

So what shalt thou say?

LordReed:

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2022
LordReed:

Yeah you would say that because you 'believe' it.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Yeah you would say that because you 'believe' it.

And there ends the conversation. Have a good day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor In WWE Smackdown, Slams Woman During Deliverance In Church(Video/Pics) / How Can I Download English Baptist Hymnal / Are There Atheists In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.