Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

A Friendly Advice To All Atheists - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Friendly Advice To All Atheists (3561 Views)

A Message To All Atheists / Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / A Question For All Atheists On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

And how do you plan on doing that? Are you going to interview different believers?

Already doing that but most of you act like you don't even know your stuff. Like you, I ask you simple questions and you go into dodge mode.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2022
LordReed:

Already doing that but most of you act like you don't even know your stuff. Like you, I ask you simple questions and you go into dodge mode.

Ah Ah.. which questions did you ask me? If you ask me a question that I don't know the answer to i'll tell you straight up bro..
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Ah Ah.. which questions did you ask me? If you ask me a question that I don't know the answer to i'll tell you straight up bro..

Just look at the conversations we've had this past few days and how I had to insist before you answered a simple question.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2022
LordReed:

Just look at the conversations we've had this past few days and how I had to insist before you answered a simple question.

Lol.. Because I know answering them would be in vain because you are set in your beliefs and unwilling to consider the fact that you might be wrong.. But anyways, I will be answering your questions from now on.. Do you have any new questions for me?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. Because I know answering them would be in vain because you are set in your beliefs and unwilling to consider the fact that you might be wrong.. But anyways, I will be answering your questions from now on.. Do you have any new questions for me?

It is you who is set in his beliefs not me, that's why you refuse to answer the question because you know it requires you to think outside the box your beliefs put you. I am free to consider everything not just the narrow beliefs of my favourite Jewish mythology.

2 Likes

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2022
LordReed:

It is you who is set in his beliefs not me, that's why you refuse to answer the question because you know it requires you to think outside the box your beliefs put you. I am free to consider everything not just the narrow beliefs of my favourite Jewish mythology.

Oya ask your questions
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Oya ask your questions

How do you know what you believe is true?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
LordReed:

How do you know what you believe is true?

Like I have told you in our previous interactions: Experience. I have experienced the spiritual, so I'm am a firm believer in it.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Like I have told you in our previous interactions: Experience. I have experienced the spiritual, so I'm am a firm believer in it.

So you would sam=y experience validates any position? So if a a person of any other faith has an experience would you agree it validates their faith and proves that their beliefs are true?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
LordReed:

So you would sam=y experience validates any position? So if a a person of any other faith has an experience would you agree it validates their faith and proves that their beliefs are true?

That's the thing... all religions have some truth... but Christianity has ALL truth... if a Muslim told me about his experience it wouldn't validate his beliefs because his beliefs are wrong... we believe that there is one God who rules all the other gods and spirits of every other religion.. our God is the supreme God..
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

That's the thing... all religions have some truth... but Christianity has ALL truth... if a Muslim told me about his experience it wouldn't validate his beliefs because his beliefs are wrong... we believe that there is one God who rules all the other gods and spirits of every other religion.. our God is the supreme God..

LoLz! I just asked you how you know what you believe is true and you said experience yet you are unwilling to use the same yardstick for a different religion so who is the dogmatic one now?

Besides your method of knowing truth is flawed since you can can simply eliminate a different belief as being true just because it is different, that means experience is not the way you know your beliefs are true. Do you want to try again, how do you know what you believe is true, it certainly isn't by experience since you have revealed that you don't use that yardstick for other beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! I just asked you how you know what you believe is true and you said experience yet you are unwilling to use the same yardstick for a different religion so who is the dogmatic one now?

Besides your method of knowing truth is flawed since you can can simply eliminate a different belief as being true just because it is different, that means experience is not the way you know your beliefs are true. Do you want to try again, how do you know what you believe is true, it certainly isn't by experience since you have revealed that you don't use that yardstick for other beliefs.

This is my reasoning. I have seen a person healed when I prayed for her. The Bible teaches that it is possible and is true concerning that subject. So I reason thus; if what the Bible says about a believer praying for a sick person's healing is true then what about what it says about everything else? About hell, other religions, etc..

Capisce?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 12:12am On Apr 15, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

This is my reasoning. I have seen a person healed when I prayed for her. The Bible teaches that it is possible and is true concerning that subject. So I reason thus; if what the Bible says about a believer praying for a sick person's healing is true then what about what it says about everything else? About hell, other religions, etc..

Capisce?

LoLz. So how you know the Bible is true is because you prayed for a sick person and they recovered. So if I show you a Muslim or Buddhist claiming the same thing you'll believe? Because you have to be consistent with your method. If this is what convinced you that what you believe is true then you must apply same to other religions.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. So how you know the Bible is true is because you prayed for a sick person and they recovered. So if I show you a Muslim or Buddhist claiming the same thing you'll believe? Because you have to be consistent with your method. If this is what convinced you that what you believe is true then you must apply same to other religions.

I've never heard of a muslim or buddhist praying for another person and that person being healed.. so...
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

I've never heard of a muslim or buddhist praying for another person and that person being healed.. so...

I mean if they claim they did something their sacred text asked them to do and got the result the sacred text said they would get, it doesn't have to be healing.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
LordReed:

I mean if they claim they did something their sacred text asked them to do and got the result the sacred text said they would get, it doesn't have to be healing.

Now this is where you misunderstand me again. I said the same thing in my previous reply and will say it again.

I believe that other religious texts contain some truth. But I believe that the Bible contains all truth. Take the crucifixion of Jesus for example, the Koran denies it. It teaches that someone else was crucified in His place and even staunch Atheists like yourself attest to the fact that Jesus was indeed crucified.

The Bible indeed teaches that there are many gods and many lords which people worship and they indeed exist. But there is One who reigns supreme over them all and worship belongs to Him and Him alone.

So a Muslim experiencing something that his book teaches doesn't validate his faith to me, instead it just validates the Bible and the spiritual in general, because the Bible teaches that there is only one way to God and that is Jesus.

The Bible teaches that there are various powers and sources of power, but there is One who reigns above them all. Capisce?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Now this is where you misunderstand me again. I said the same thing in my previous reply and will say it again.

I believe that other religious texts contain some truth. But I believe that the Bible contains all truth. Take the crucifixion of Jesus for example, the Koran denies it. It teaches that someone else was crucified in His place and even staunch Atheists like yourself attest to the fact that Jesus was indeed crucified.

The Bible indeed teaches that there are many gods and many lords which people worship and they indeed exist. But there is One who reigns supreme over them all and worship belongs to Him and Him alone.

So a Muslim experiencing something that his book teaches doesn't validate his faith to me, instead it just validates the Bible and the spiritual in general, because the Bible teaches that there is only one way to God and that is Jesus.

The Bible teaches that there are various powers and sources of power, but there is One who reigns above them all. Capisce?

And you fail to understand I am not asking what you believe but how you know that what you believe is true. You are applying your beliefs to other religions which is unreasonable, the only reasonable thing to do is have an objective as possible method of determining what is true. If people of other beliefs apply their beliefs to yours, you'll fail so applying beliefs to a differing religion cannot be the method for determining what is true. So once again how do you determine what is true?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2022
LordReed:

And you fail to understand I am not asking what you believe but how you know that what you believe is true. You are applying your beliefs to other religions which is unreasonable, the only reasonable thing to do is have an objective as possible method of determining what is true. If people of other beliefs apply their beliefs to yours, you'll fail so applying beliefs to a differing religion cannot be the method for determining what is true. So once again how do you determine what is true?

Experience.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Experience.

LoLz. We just are circling on what you are refusing to acknowledge which is people of other religions have experiences that validate their beliefs. If experience is the way to know truth then every religious person with an experience has the truth.

1 Like

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. We just are circling on what you are refusing to acknowledge which is people of other religions have experiences that validate their beliefs. If experience is the way to know truth then every religious person with an experience has the truth.

I'm not going to say that their experiences are wrong. After all witches and witch doctors and occultists have experiences that validate their beliefs.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Blake755: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
I think u should allow ur God to do his work
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

I'm not going to say that their experiences are wrong. After all witches and witch doctors and occultists have experiences that validate their beliefs.

Then how do we know who has the truth and please don't say experience again.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
LordReed:

Then how do we know who has the truth and please don't say experience again.

What do you base your beliefs on? Is it not experience?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

What do you base your beliefs on? Is it not experience?

No, I don't have beliefs, I have facts. If you base your beliefs on experience then you cannot tell me other religions are wrong and you have the truth. You only believe that you have the truth, you actually have not investigated what it is you believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
LordReed:

No, I don't have beliefs, I have facts. If you base your beliefs on experience then you cannot tell me other religions are wrong and you have the truth. You only believe that you have the truth, you actually have not investigated what it is you believe.

You have beliefs. All beliefs are based on facts. And for you, your fact is the non-existence of God and on that you base your beliefs.
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

You have beliefs. All beliefs are based on facts. And for you, your fact is the non-existence of God and on that you base your beliefs.

You don't get to tell me what I have or don't have. I don't have discussions with people who insist on telling me me they know better than me what is in my head.

The facts I have have do not point to god in any direction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
LordReed:

You don't get to tell me what I have or don't have. I don't have discussions with people who insist on telling me me they know better than me what is in my head.

The facts I have have do not point to god in any direction.

Lol.. So you're telling me you don't have any beliefs? In any sphere of life?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. So you're telling me you don't have any beliefs? In any sphere of life?

What is a belief?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
LordReed:

What is a belief?

When I say belief I am being general... Like political beliefs or moral beliefs etc.. You don't have any of those?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 12:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

When I say belief I am being general... Like political beliefs or moral beliefs etc.. You don't have any of those?

Yes what does belief mean in those contexts?
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
LordReed:

Yes what does belief mean in those contexts?

A mindset based on learned facts or experiences
Re: A Friendly Advice To All Atheists by LordReed(m): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

A mindset based on learned facts or experiences

LoLz! Where did you get such a definition?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? / Today Is Sunday! I Don't See No Christian Threads On The Front Page! / Before Adam And Eve Africans Where

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.