Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy (22615 Views)

How Do I Stop Lying. / Please How Do I Stop Finger Biting / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Atllanta: 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
Candidlady:

My dad is sick, my mum is sick, my aunt just gave birth, my brother needs school fees, my dog needs to see the vet, can you please help with 100 thou ?

Don't forget you are on a public forum where the whole world might see this and criticize you if you turn me down!

who let the dogs out

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Teddy96: 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2022
Thats nature for u. And u can't change that. . Cøntinue being soft hearted. . God will fiqht for u in hard ways
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Shedrach00(m): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
A Redpiller to be spotted
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Elsueno: 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
Solofresh2:
Exactly.Anytime I try acting like a hard guys, my conscience comes to life.Not that am doing something bad oo.For example maybe someone ask me for something but I decided not to give due to genuine reasons best known to me

The bad feeling only lasts for a while, if u say No a few times it would become normal to u, u won't feel guilty anymore....Never try to explain to anybody the reason for ur refusal....just say No!...They would back off due to d unexpected shock grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Hahjascho(m): 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2022
lecowas:

E no bad reach that level na, u wan Maga that guy for day light, soft hearted people can do everything when they think the intention is genuine, otherwise they can be the most wicked set of human beings. Once they are able to successfully convince their conscience, the rest is la give la bend
Yeah....the bottle-neck is the conscience.
When successfully convinced, the unthinkable can be done...just anything.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by pacespot(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
LadyTara:
Lol.

People are born with personality traits, usually people change from bad to good to be better but you wan change from good to bad. Inside life.

I know it can be annoying sometimes because your nature makes it easy to be walked on and taken for a ride ,but please don't let that dissuad you from being the best good version of yourself. We need people like you to balance up the energy of "evilness"flying around.

Do you know that you can get killed for being a good guy in this country? I think the guy is seeing the writing on the wall. If too many people are taking advantage of your kindheartedness and you can't take sh*t no more, then you will end up making more enemies for yourself than the guy who has not done anything to help people's causes. Bottom line is, in anything you do in this country, just be wise. Don't commit yourself too much, at the same time don't be too distant from people. Know when to say NO and when you should take steps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by LadyTara(f): 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
pacespot:

Do you know that you can get killed for being a good guy in this country? I think the guy is seeing the writing on the wall. If too many people are taking advantage of your kindheartedness and you can't take sh*t no more, then you will end up making more enemies for yourself than the guy who has not done anything to help people's causes. Bottom line is, in anything you do in this country, just be wise. Don't commit yourself too much, at the same time don't be too distant from people. Know when to say NO and when you should take steps.
I second the bolded.

There is nothing wrong in setting healthy boundaries without having to explain yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Justjyde(m): 8:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
As a recovered softy, I can offer suggestions. Read this book "The Courage to be Disliked" by Fumitake Koga and Ichiro Kishimi. I also highly recommend the audio book. Read and/or listen as many times as you need to re-register. It is not easy but you have taken the first step - recognizing it is a weakness that MUST be eliminated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by dmgr(m): 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2022
[quote author=friendlyadvice post=111939162]

1. Learn a combat sport ie boxing or karate
It helps you to be more confrontational and boosts your testosterone
2. Learn to say no. As hard as it is, learn to live with the awkwardness of saying no to people, even if its family
3. Learn to stand by your word don't let people tell you how to live your life. if you have an idea,seek advice if you want but don't seek peoples approval to carry out said idea go for it if you fail, it is a lesson
4. Learn how to debate. Take on more activities that has to do with public speaking and engage in this periodically
5 everybody is selfish in nature nobody deserves your unconditional love and no one ever will. So drop the chivalry and put yourself first in EVERYTHING you do[/quote

I gained alot from your write up...thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by EasternSWboyz: 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
Congratulations ! You have a very good heart.

Just be strick in differentiating between time to stick to pure reasoning, especially relating to work or business and when to switch to your kind heart mode as a philanthropist.

Good luck.
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by EasternSWboyz: 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
Meanwhile you resemble Nigeria.

Some people are busy operating the banditry system of the pre civilization period, while others sit with register to pardon the repentance bandits, irrespective of number of lives lost in the hands of the bandits.

Nigeria has a heart like yours.
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Aaay: 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
How
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by citywal(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
A dating advice question I get asked a lot by women/men is "Should you have sex on the 1st date? When is the best time to sleep with a guy/girl? Is it bad for a woman/man to have sex with a guy on the first date?".

Please if you like this video don't forget to support us by subscribing to our youtube channel and also like, comment and share this video to encourage us to keep making interesting videos like this.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5PQgmh1Ys
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by AlphaBeta130: 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
I am also on this table. But i have changed. What made me change is when a lady kept collecting things from me but refused me boobs.
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by AlphaBeta130: 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Op if you want to be strong hearted. Play bet with huge amount and make sure you lose. You will hate everything around you.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by FWESHVEIN(m): 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
This is a trait you're born with, why do you want to CHANGE? You're easily taken for granted because we are living in an imperfect World. People easily glorifies Arrogance, selfish doings or self centerdness, pride, bullying etc. While they view Soft hearted people as WEAK. But actually Soft hearted fellows are recongnised to be one of the smartest and Strongest people on earth. DON'T CHANGE FOR ANYONE rather be a BETTER VERSION OF YOURSELF. Set Healthy Boundaries around yourself. Learn how to say NO. People easily manipulates people if they think they CO-DEPEND on them. Remember These set of people can't be changed. They are either born with it, learn it while growing up or Later in their life. DON'T BE LIKE THEM.

_FROM AN EXPERIENCED FELLOW.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by God2man2again(m): 12:32am On Apr 15, 2022
Such is life.

Some people think they can ride you because they know you will not talk.

Then they put all the blame on you.
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Veeryeasy(m): 12:43am On Apr 15, 2022
Get sense
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Fairview1(f): 1:32am On Apr 15, 2022
Solofresh2:
There is something bothering me about my kind hearted and soft behavior and I am not happy with it.

Some people have taken of me for this and I noticed that people don't deserve my soft love for humanity but would rather take advantage of it.

Please how can I help it

I used to be there and I can imagine what It felt like. Bro, you need be more assertive in your approach to how you relate with people.

It's not you being bad or something. It's you being human. However, there's nothing wrong with being soft, you just have to focus on people who would appreciate your softness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Fairview1(f): 1:41am On Apr 15, 2022
Solofresh2:
Not like that.People take advantage of my kindness and I don't like it.I lack confidence too

Lack of confidence is a different thing all together. You seriously need to start doing things that challenges you, that's the fastest way to gain confidence.

You could start by asking pretty girls for their contacts, but not for any serious stuff, just to see how far you could get with them persuading them to give you their numbers.

Secondly, you could also seek out some local community organizations like Bookclub, Church youth program etc....to attend and also ensure you publicly make a comment or contribution....

Those where part of how I build my self confidence and now, I can start a conversation with whomever I want and I like without blinking an eyelid.

The other day, I worked into one of the reputable car dealer in our city and demanded the price of a car which I was told was 19m, I priced 15m even when I couldn't afford 10% of the money. I just wanted to build my confidence.

It's a journey, a continuous process. Keep doing little things that scares you and make you uncomfortable, that's chiefly how you can improve and develop highly level of CONFIDENCE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by emechijohn(m): 2:06am On Apr 15, 2022
This one shock me!
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by lendahand(m): 6:32am On Apr 15, 2022
phemmyfour:
Diju pa
Le ju pa
Kala
Ma rẹrin
English translation of those lines please
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by lendahand(m): 6:42am On Apr 15, 2022
yoged:
keep listening to Portable song . especially that part that says "" daju, kala, ranju, wu iwa ika
what is the English translation of those words
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by judedwriter(m): 10:47am On Apr 15, 2022
Solofresh2:
There is something bothering me about my kind hearted and soft behavior and I am not happy with it.

Some people have taken of me for this and I noticed that people don't deserve my soft love for humanity but would rather take advantage of it.

Please how can I help it

Nothing wrong with being soft hearted. It shows your temperament type.

I too am a softie at heart. Very gentle and eazy going.

That's why I try not to involve myself with too many people for the fear of being taken advantage like you grin

But sincerely, being soft hearted has its benefits. It gives you peace of mind and clarity of emotions.

Hard hearted people often go through a lot of emotional pains and stress.
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by friendlyadvice: 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2022
[quote author=dmgr post=111953021][/quote]
cool
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by tribalistdcriti: 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
Justjyde:
As a recovered softy, I can offer suggestions. Read this book "The Courage to be Disliked" by Fumitake Koga and Ichiro Kishimi. I also highly recommend the audio book. Read and/or listen as many times as you need to re-register. It is not easy but you have taken the first step - recognizing it is a weakness that MUST be eliminated.
how can I get the audio book
Re: How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy by Justjyde(m): 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
tribalistdcriti:
how can I get the audio book
All I can say is where there is a will there is a way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man O War Ranks / Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist / Victoria Irabor, Wife Of Chief Of Defense Writes About Life Of A Military Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.