Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 (45530 Views)

Married Men, What Is Your Experience With Single Ladies? / Why Are Some Single Ladies So Comfortable Dating Married Men? / Remember Single Mum With 4 Kids Who got Married To Single Man?sad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by averageguy(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
ednut1:
What is this obsession with women in this Nigeria. What about men

I know! Considering men tend to marry later than women, there's probably more single men approaching 40.

Why do they not need children? Sure, they can get it at any time but same with a lady in this day of sperm donors and adoption. More ladies can take care of themselves financially, and female friends tend to be more supportive to their friends emotionally (in my opinion compared to men who are hardly talking about feelings), so they probably need spousal comfort a bit less.

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Mindlog: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
averageguy:

I know! Considering men tend to marry later than women, there's probably more single men approaching 40.

Why do they not need children? Sure, they can get it at any time but same with a lady in this day of sperm donors and adoption. More ladies can take care of themselves financially, and female friends tend to be more supportive to their friends emotionally (in my opinion compared to men who are hardly talking about feelings), so they probably need spousal comfort a bit less.

Well articulated.
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2022
quentin06:
HMM, is getting a child guarantee tht you will be looked after? Children grow and find their mates.

Any lady single in her 40s has herself to blame.

I swear this was the same girl that dumped her husband few days to her wedding and because of the bitterness of that, she's here to disinform the public, when u say girls no get sense u will think they are just talking!

1 Like

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
yuping:
Awwwn they are not close to evening not even in afternoon self, but gbola comes cheap abeg, talk truth all this boyz going to quarters to waste their hard earn #500 and #1000 just for one round, don't yoy see the way Olosho are cashing out.

Chai you finished him for this one o.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by bluefilm: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
That advice is very okay.

But the problem is that the societal norms and stigma surrounding having Bastards is still strong.

Even stronger than a woman not getting married on time.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by KUNZEH(m): 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2022
SensualMan:
Give up on marriage. You are past ur prime.

Leave it for the 18 to 24. Anything above that is evening paper.

25 to 30 = Evening newspaper.

30 to 35 = Old magazine.

35 to 40 = Tissue newspaper.
Ha!
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by We4all: 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ade3131:

The goal is to have a child you can call your own and one who will look after you when you age.

Leave modesty aside. When last have you checked on your old parents? Imagine if you or any of your siblings are not there at all to check on them and maybe provide for them. How do you think they'll cope?

In certain circumstances, it makes no sense to be politically correct. Just do anything that's required to have someone to look after you when you get old....

I know you're a man. I'm talking about the ladies sha

Wawu! Is it everyone that will live to be old? How about those that birthed and lost their children?

What we should worry about is how to live a healthy lifestyle.

In America, people in their 80’s are independent and can take care of themselves. And to think most people don’t even live to be 80.

So, stop talking like a roadside vulcanizer because having children doesn’t guarantee one’s future.

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by PHIPEX(m): 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2022
What of those whose children died before them, who will take care of them at old age.
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Kobojunkie: 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
Basheer22:
The lady who gave this advice was convicted for prostitution in the US.

Just saying.
Are you serious? undecided
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Kobojunkie: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ade3131:
The goal is to have a child you can call your own and one who will look after you when you age.
Why is that the goal for the women or anyone? undecided
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Kobojunkie: 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2022
quentin06:
HMM, is getting a child guarantee tht you will be looked after? Children grow and find their mates.

Any lady single in her 40s has herself to blame.
Imagine the woman suggesting the women continue perpetuating the same wickedness of their fathers before them, having children so they can can taken care of in old age. Isn't that what a retirement plan is meant for? undecided
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by We4all: 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2022
Generalwoodz:
When you get old as a spinster this message will become more clearer and vivid to you....

As one gets older, one gets more lonely and this fact gets quadrupled if one is all by herself. No husband to show love, No children to whine and call you up... there's no element of joy when one is alone.

To add, not all is destined for marriage and if Providence places you in bad side of the divide, do well to make the best part of it. It's more like making lemonades outta of lemon.

Take this from me if you're approaching the big 40: if you can't trap any guy down, spread your legs widely when next you're getting the D, and make sure you get knocked up.

This is a dicey situation. If you can't afford artificial insemination, then you must be twice as careful, selective and highly cautious whose sperm you're getting into you.

In other words, take your time and do your homework before spreading those legs widely. grin

When you're 60, with top notch vibrancy, enviable good health and wellness, but no children... You're fuccked up.

Get the D now!
Get the D now!
Spread the legs damn wide!
Spread the legs damn wide!

"So says the preacher as he briskly walks out of the thread, dressed in immaculate Cloak. White and adnored."

Alaye, people with children won’t always have them around and can get lonely. Even kids get lonely. So what is the big deal if a spinster gets lonely sometimes?
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2022
We4all:
Mumu post from someone with a fish brain. Is it everyone that will live to experience old age?
There are so many old people that their kids can’t even afford to take care of them.
There are some people with wayward children who are regretting their choice of birthing kids.
I won’t be surprised if the mumu poster is being maltreated by her husband or has wayward kids, but she is online forming ‘happy marriage’.
Imagine the wickedness of saying women should simply have kids so they can have someone to take care of them in their old age, suggesting they repeat the foolishness of their fathers before them. undecided
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by kelspinall(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
as man gets older soo he grows wiser,if you don't know,know it.is easy to say,beg a man to impregnate you,really.hellow it's hard for a man to leave his child for a lifetime in another person's life.even if you pay him millions one day he will come back for his child,I have witnessed this.marriage for me is for everyone just that sometimes our test and desired person may not come our way.my landlord's first daughter got married this year, she's the last that got married in the family of 4 men and 3 ladies.she should be 40-42 years.rita dominic almost there (getting married) this year, look at her age.everything is matter of God's time and your character (how you treat people matters).... according to op she has a point but am not attacking am saying my mind...peace
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Kajaard: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
SensualMan:

30 to 35 = Old magazine.

You guys should stop this rubbish. Imagine if the situation was reversed how would you feel?

4 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by tunjilana: 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
A lot of them won't take this advise...Many of them just wanna relass and be taken kiaruf...dem no want bukata...it cud be same reason marriage was difficult in the first place...excessive hypergamy and search for "who can carry load"...Is it a lady with that kinda mindset u want to get pregnant for a deadbeat and hustle to raise same child....person wey nor wan hustle at all.... smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
kelspinall:
as man gets older soo he grows wiser,if you don't know,know it.is easy to say, beg a man to impregnate you,really.
There is absolutely no truth to the above claim you made of men and wisdom. You only need to look closely at Nigeria for evidence in abundance to counter that claim of yours. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by chatinent: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
Daft logic.

Who go come carry fatherly responsibility?

Beg ko, appease ni.
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by shegun4sur: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
Most of these ladies have blown their chances of getting married earlier.
There was a lady that wanted me to come and pick her from work in island because we have been seeing for a while. I am to drive and face all the hold up to show that I'm her slave or what because of yeye love.
When she clocks 40 and her eggs finish, her eye go clear

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by blackboy(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
Says a village boy with ancient and village mentality.
Who says children will take care of someone at their old age?
Backward mentality boy.
Instead of you to advise them to invest in themselves and make money. Let her savings amd investments work for her when she is old.
Children and marriage no be by force. With the kind of government system we have that dont take care of the old have money

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Geesaintagape: 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
Getting pregnant is not bad let's learn to help ourselves on time
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Trustedpronet: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
yuping:
undecided so, some one that keep herself as virgin upto that age should also follow this advice? This life common sense no dey work for everyone. She should beg, I don't understand, I can't even imaging my own blood begging one idiot to impregnate her. Nawaaooo doing the right thing is now evil in this world.
Women dey suffer, women are their own worst enemy.

Nooo, the op did not say you should beg any idiot o...he meant beg davido or wizkid or 2baba....abi these people na idiot ni?
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by emmanuelbrown26: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
After doing nyanga and shakara with their youthful age, na when dem turn 40 na when their eyes go clear say man and woman no bi same.
Women dey expire, imagine @40 a woman dun dey fear while @40 na when life of a man start and a man go manage marry una, una no go allow d man to drink water and drop cup.

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by BigBashiru: 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
SensualMan:

30 to 35 = Old magazine.

18-24 ain't ready for marriage....they have what is called choice paradox which means they are overwhelmed by various guys hitting on them and keep choosing till they hit 28, become evening newspaper and get desperate....
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Ishilove: 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2022
sukkot:
hmmm let me park well
Why are you parking? Are you a single lady approaching 40? cheesy
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by BigBashiru: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2022
Kajaard:

You guys should stop this rubbish. Imagine if the situation was reversed how would you feel?

It's not rubbish it's truth....in ancient times there was a system for marrying off girls before they get too old.....its all said in love....

Secondly if you see how arrogant these girls are in their prime u won't pity them wen they become old hags....

4 Likes

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by 1Sharon(f): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
Bs advice!!

Why encourage them to create fatherless children, all to save herself?

Children from a 2 patent household fare better than those with a single parent.

Children are going to want to know their family background and if their father is absent, they're going to hate you knowing you put them in that situation.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Bmaster(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Mention names biko �
Stop doing half vawulence let the vawulence go out from you naturally with no iota of repentance or shame��
if he don't,maybe be we should

1 Like

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by GUNITGuy: 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2022
[i][/i]
We4all:

Alaye, people with children won’t always have them around and can get lonely. Even kids get lonely. So what is the big deal if a spinster gets lonely sometimes?

Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by geelite(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2022
its against the bible
Re: Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2022
We won't beg for bread God is on the throne He will surprise us in a big way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / My Wife Sleeps With My Boss / Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.