Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) (10216 Views)

House Of Scandals (the Complete Story) / Can You F*** Me? (complete Story) / MRS MARA (complete Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:34pm On May 18, 2022
Ask for the way if you doubt
Ask for it from he who is everlasting

Jeremiah 6:16
[16]Thus says the Lord: “Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it. ’
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:50pm On May 18, 2022
Work and other stuff kept me busy but I will try to iron things out again .

The story has reached a turning point -the point we've been anticipating
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:51pm On May 18, 2022
Read Update page 22 down below
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:52pm On May 18, 2022
THE TESTIMONY OF A FREED MAN : TWO KINGDOMS ONE SOUL.

New latest PAGE ~22

Then I set on the way again searching for the true way to Eden .
Until I came to a place where i saw a very wide road ,and there were many people threading that path .
there seems to be heated arguments and debating among some of the people walking there in .

Some weren't arguing but were just walking and never minding what anyone says or think .
they were the liberal and simple people
Who don't offend men because they don't want to be offended .
they accept everything had truth and everything has false .

There were many people who were crying while walking on that way and they were saying " I want to go back or get out of this way but I can't because of what you people would say about me ."

Some would say " I want to go back to where I came from but I have walked on this path for a long time so I can't go back
Or else I will lost everything I've labored for ."
Some where laughing outside but I saw tears dripping from their hearts like blood while they walk but they seems to enjoy the company of the people they we're walking with and never bothered to listen to the cry withing their heart .

Some came to walk on that path just to derive pleasure by looking at some of the people who were dressed lustful .

Some came into that way just to listen to Some who sang songs they love and acted in certain ways they liked .

Some where there because of the man or woman they married was walking there .

Some were there because their parents or children were there .

Some were there because they saw money littered everywhere on the ground so they were walking therein just to pick the money .

Some were walking on the road slumbering and were not fully aware that they were even there.

Some were walking on the side of the road and never came to the middle or allow themselves to get there for fear of being contaminated by others because they thought that would be a sin .

Some were reading religious scriptures or philosophical notes , and some were not .

Some were praying some weren't .

Some ate nothing because they were on fasting and some were eating through out the journey.

Some were preaching , while some were shouting just to distract the preachers .

Some where listening to the preachers ,while some were cursing the preachers and blocked their ears from hearing the their sermons.

Some stole from others ,while some gave to charity.

There were some who were arrayed in the apparel and clothings of the rich and noble
But some in rags.

Some looked educated and some looked mentally deranged .

Some were clerics some were congregation memebers .

Some were kings ,some slaves and some were people of esteem in the society .

Super stars were there and the unknown were there .

Different people from every walk of life were they for different reasons ,
And you could see what everyone represent by the kinds of clothes they were wearing and the kinds of inscription that was written on the back of their clothe.

This must be the road to Zion ;I think that's why they were many and different kinds of people there .
( I thought)
so I joined the procession.
AND THE PATH WAS EASY AND PLEASURABLE TO WALK BY .
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:54pm On May 18, 2022
COMMENTARY :

Matthew 7:13-14
[13]“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
[14]Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:58pm On May 18, 2022
COMMENTARY:

The way that leads to life is not an easy one or a broad one .

Acts 14:22
[22]strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.”
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:10am On May 19, 2022
Good day reader

Page 23 downloading
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:10am On May 19, 2022

New latest PAGE ~23
(YOU DONT KNOW THE EXACT TIME )

As soon as I step into the way someone walked close to me and said
Eh!
What's up ?

I'm fine .

Yeah ! It's good to be fine
Isn't it ?

Yeah ! It is .

Haum , why are you here ?
You looked new on this path or something .

Yeah !
em new here but not new .

What do you mean by that ?

I mean to say " I just came into this path lately but I've been on this journey for long .

For long !
On this journey ?
Which journey are you talking about ?

The journey to Eden

Ed _ what ?

Eden
(I replied )

Ehehuaauar ! (he laughed)
What Eden are you journeying to my friend ?
Why bother your self with such nonsense instead of enjoying your life here on earth .

But what about heaven

Heaven ?
Which heaven again for god sake ?

Ho ! you even believe in God ?
(I said in surprise)

Yes I do

What about heaven ?
(I asked)

I don't know
And why should I bother myself with a thing I don't really know about . (he replied)

But you can find out .

Find out from who ?

From men of God .

Which men of God ?
Those are criminals my friend !
They siphon money from their hard working congregation just to settle their own scores ,
You shouldn't trust such people but yourself .
(He said )

Then how would one get there if you are not led ?
(I asked him )

Just live your live my friend .
It's when we die before we find out the truth so just relax and enjoy your life instead of listening to some mind bending stuff from those charlatans .
(He claimed)

what if after you died you now found out that all they've been telling you all this while is true how would you escape the judgment of God ?

Ehm.... ehm ....
I don't know
But I just think maybe one should enjoy this life and then see if by luck or chance one could end up making heaven or God could even forgive us all and grant us his kingdom .

But is God's forgiveness ,not available now ?
Or is God's kingdom not open to all now ?

I think it is.
But I think there are still many pleasures I am yet to enjoy in this life ,and if I should accept God's forgiveness now I might be pressured to let them go .
I think maybe at the end of my life ,maybe when I'm close to dying I would then repent but for now there are still many things I haven't enjoyed yet .
I'm still a youth for God sake !
Why should I live as if I am already dead or like an old dying man withiout ambition ?
And As for heaven :I will chose it when I am ready to go there .
but now that I am in still in this world why shouldn't I enjoy it while it last ?
(He opined)

Well if you are not ready to live in righteousness then you must be ready to live in sin ,and you are even already in it .
And if you are not ready to go to heaven then you must be ready to go to hell ,and you are already in it my friend .

And in fact you don't know the exact time you would die .
You don't know which minute ,hour, day or months or year or season it would be ,
So when will you prepare for heaven when you don't know the time when they will come to take you to where you belong ?
(I declared )

On hear in those words of mines his face turned pale ; he then walked away ,and as he walked passed me I saw written on his back the word " "WORLDLINESS "

"Ho ! worldliness is that fellow's desire and nature" (I thought )

What about my own nature ?(I thought )
I am a sinner !
That I know very well .
and I do with my body the things I don't realy want to do ,
and the things that i realy want to do in my mind
that i do not practice .

Ho what a wretched man I am !
I cried and wept .
Took courage and cleaned my face ,
and then continued with my journey
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:41am On May 19, 2022
COMMENTARY:

Titus 2:11-14
[11]For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
[12]teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
[13]looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
[14]who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

A worldly person is a person who is not mindful of the other side of life called "the after life "

A person who is not mindful of the things of the spirit .
A sensual person
A person whose concern is all about this current life .
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:44am On May 19, 2022
COMMENTARY:

Matthew 16:23
[23]But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

THEIR THIUGHTS AND IMAGINATION ARE ALL ABOUT THE THINGS OF THIS LIFE .

they don't think about the desires of God
All they want is to make it in life but they don't think about the burdens in the heart of God .
They don't care about what he might want them to accomplish in life ,all they want to do is the desires and lust of their own very heart .
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:45am On May 19, 2022
The next page downloading
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:45am On May 19, 2022
Read the page 24 below friend
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 8:46am On May 19, 2022

PAGE ~24

I continued with my walk on that wide and easy way and the journey was smooth ,and pleasurable so that one could forget where one started from .

the passengers were all wearing smiling faces but there seems to be something wrong about all of them but I couldn't discern what it was ,and yes something was wrong with myself also .

I couldn't smile as a consequence of the hunger and thirst that I had .
I was desperate to get relief from anywhere even if it's not from God ; I was willing to accept any offer as far as it would help deal with this issue that I had greatly suffered from Not minding the consequences or outcome .

While I was deep in thought and carried away by fantasies I felt a tap on my shoulder

I woke up from daydreaming and came back to myself .
I turned and saw a fellow looking straight into my eyes

What it is
(I asked )

No !
I am the one in the right position to ask you that question .

What do you mean ?

What are you thinking about ?
( he asked )

Thinking about ?
How is that your business for God's sake ?

No ! I am not asking you that for God's sake but for the sake of my life
( He said angrily )

Your life ?
What do I have yo do with your life-
mister ?

You almost took it
(he said with a hard face )

Me !
I yelled out in deep surprise and anger
Beating my chest .

Yes you !
that's why I asked you what it is that your were thinking about that made you to push me I to the gutter without even stopping to say sorry for that .

I looked at the man's body and saw that his clothes was stained and is hands look dirty .

Ho my God
I , I, I am sorry sir
(I stammered and pleaded for forgiveness )
Actyally I knew that i collided slightly with someone but didn't know you fell .

You see !
That's why I said " what it is that you were thinking that made you do that .

Ah!
Actually I was pondering about my life and how things have turned out for me

Thinking about Your life ?
That's a good thing to do ,thinkers rule this world and I love people who think .

Those words relived. my fears and I turned to continue my journey

Hmmm.
Wait ! Let's walk together and share thoughts together he said and joined me .
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 3:30pm On May 22, 2022
A new day is here again
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 3:33pm On May 22, 2022
COMMENTARY:
what you should think about ?

Matthew 6:30-33
[30]If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
[31]“Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
[32]That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.

[33]What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 3:45pm On May 22, 2022
COMMENTARY:

BE HEAVENLY MINDED NOT EARTHLY MINDED

Colossians 3:2
[2]Think only about what is up there, not what is here on earth.

Philippians 3:18-20
[18]There are many who live like enemies of the cross of Christ. I have often told you about them. And it makes me cry to tell you about them now.
[19]The way they live is leading them to destruction. They have replaced God with their own desires. They do shameful things, and they are proud of what they do. They think only about earthly things.

[20]But the government that rules us is in heaven. We are waiting for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from there.
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 3:57pm On May 22, 2022
Yes the next but not the last page is dropping soon my friend .

I you shouldn't miss it
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 4:16pm On May 22, 2022
Okay what I'm talking about is here
The next page falling down below
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 4:16pm On May 22, 2022
THE TESTIMONY OF A FREED MAN : TWO KINGDOMS ONE SOUL..
Latest New PAGE ~25

So how has life been with you ?
My new companion asked with his eyes focused on me .

Hmm !
It hasn't been funny at all
(I said shaking my head )

Well it's not meant to be funny for anyone my friend ,you've got to decide for yourself how you want it to be .

What about destiny ?
( I asked )

Destiny ?
Destiny is in the hand of him who owns it
(He replied )

You mean God right ?

No !
I mean the man who would live it out .

Wow that's a bright one there.
( I exclaimed )
But some say only what God wants would happen

Some who chose to be foolish
You mean to say ?

I don't know
(I replied )

Yeah such people are surely foolish .
You should be the your own god ,think your own thought ,and take your own actions.

Be my own god !
How's that possible ? ( I asked )

It is already !
but by your statements i perceived that a dogma has been built inside your mind by these religious stuff.
You've got to Come out of it and take fresh breath .
Think for yourself man , and rule your world .

Hmm !
I haven't gotten your point still .

Okay I mean to say "stop hoping In one God or another and live your life your own way ."

That's a tough one there ( I protested )
How do I become my own God when I didnt create my self or brought myself here ?

You didnt brought yourself but you will live and die by yourself man !
No one would do that for you .

Then after death what more can I do for myself ?
will I have Dominion over my own spirit and soul ?

Where did you get that idea from ?
(He asked with a disdaining look on his face)
Spirits continue to live just has the earth and the planets had lived for a thousand eon ;
The Human spirit will continue to be a part of this world influencing it atmosphere has they've been doing.

What kind of doctrine is this ?
And from which of the scriptures did you read that ?

Scriptures ?
My mind is my Scripture ,I read from it by philosophizing deeply .

Philoso what !
What kind of philosophy is this ?

My own !

Your own !
How did you arrive at that then

By using my mind .

Your mind ?
How could you trust your mind or depend on the thoughts of your own heart to arrive at the truth ?

If I don't use my mind others would use it for me ,or manipulate it for me .
there are different kinds of truth out there and I think this one suit me than every other .

But those are dictates of your own heart
How do you intend to live by them without walking into errors ?

Errors ?
Walking into errors is part of life
I will correct what ever error I find in the future .

What if you don't find out those errors in time but in eternity where the nature of things doesn't change ?

If things doesn't change then I will change .

No the nature of spirits doesn't change but remains permanent for ever .
you can't change your spiritual nature or condition after you die (I replied )

Hmm ,well I didnt know that before
(He succumbed )

Wouldn't it be better that you subject your mind to the thoughts of God ?
(I suggested )

Thoughts of God you say ?
The thoughts of Which one among the gods would I subject my mind to ?

There are no gods but one true God
( I replied )

How do one know that one true God when most of the gods speaks the same things ?
(He asked )

By Revelation (I replied )

What is revelation ?
(He asked )

The unveiling of a divine truth or information .
(I answered )

What truth ?
And How do I know it is the truth ?

By your convictions
You would be convinced though may still be tempted to doubt some things however you would know that is the truth .

How do one defined a truth
And by whom would truth be defined ?
(He asked)

God created all things ,and therefore only he can define all things or give the true definition of their existence .

Then how do we define God himself or the truth about God ?
(he asked)

Only God can define who he is ,and only he can unveil the truth concerning himself .
Man can not know the complete and accurate truth concerning God without the input of God's revelation or inspiration .

Then what if he lied ?
(He protested)

God is not a man that he should lie ,neither the son of man that he should change his mind . (I argued)

Hmmmwkff (he coughed )
How would one know he is not lying mister ?

There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed ?
(I replied)

What if you found out later that he had lied all this while at the end ?
(He asked)

No !
what if you that refuses to believe in him found out later that he is indeed real at the end ?

Well
Why can't I find out the truth now but at the end ?

What you don't search for you wouldn't find .

How do one search for a person that hide himself ,and yet claimed to be real ?

How did you arrived at the believes you held ,

By using my mind ,by thinking deep on things .

Same way man is to search for God with his heart and open the eyes of his heart wide so that he can see with it .

But why has this God you claimed to exist hidden himself ?

Because he is a spirit ,and lives in the spirit realm .
he hide himself so that the fallen man would not be consumed by his glory .
For no flesh shall see him and live ,but will be consumed by the fire of his holiness .

Then how do one believe in such a God that can not be seen ?
(He asked )

The answer is in how you were able to believe in the reality of those philosophies of yours even when you haven't seen any tangible manifestation of their existence yet .

Ehmm ,ehmm, I , I, ,(he stammered )
Well ,ehmm, well ,
ehmm, you see
(Then he kept silence for being short of words )

(Then I resumed )
Mr , where are you heading to ?

Eternity ( he replied )

do you know the way ( I asked )

Yes I do (he replied )

Who told you this is the way ,(I asked )

i think and decide for myself ,but your own mind is so useless because you dont think for yourself (he said angrily )

It is not given to man who walk to order his step .(I replied him )
You have mind but you can't dictates what should happen or would happen tomorrow by your mind .
Those thing happen without consulting your mind or your desire ,and most times things happens against your wish and your will couldn't change many of them either .
if your mind couldn't determine the cause of time then how do you intend to drive eternity by it's dictations ?
You shouldn't depend on human reasoning to make navigation for life or your eternal destination but instead submit yourself to the influence of the highest being and allow him direct your way .

Which way ?
You yourself
as you are walking now who is directing your way ?
Are you not the one who has been walking by yourself all these while ?
i couldn't see any guide by your right or left and you are telling me to do what you don't do .
You are a confused fellow !
I think it would be better for me to walk alone and think alone than to do so with foolish person like you .

Having said that he walked speedily away from me and I saw written on his back the word "HUMAN PHILOSOPHY "

Wow so this fellow lives according to his own thoughts and philosophy "
(I thought )
But those last words of his struck my mind .
I've been in this journey to Eden walking by the dictates if my own heart .
I was walking without reference or any direction or inspiration from the God I claimed to preached for .
Do i even know God ?
I said All I've said because I thought it was necessary to defend God or speak in his favor yet I do not have any experiential relationship with this God. Neither were any of my steps directed by him ,I only preached about him but I don't know this god of whom I speak so confidently .
am I not an hypocrite ?
(I wondered ,and pondered on these thing and Then continued with my journey )
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 6:33pm On May 24, 2022
Are you still following at all ?

Don't get tired till you lay hold the edge of the rope by which you will draw
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 6:34pm On May 24, 2022
Another page dropping soon today
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 6:45pm On May 24, 2022
You might be wondering "why does the story went this way ? "
Well maybe you would find out soon or later
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 7:12pm On May 24, 2022
Only tho we who dig deep enough would reach the place where lies the gold.

Continue digging .
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 7:24pm On May 24, 2022
Okay now read the next page 26 below ,and think about it .
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 7:27pm On May 24, 2022

PAGE ~26 : THE DIVINE KNOWLEDGE .

Few minutes After the angry philosopher left ;
Someone walked close to me from behind and said "don't mind that foolish, and mad fellow !
He talks like a drunk mad man ;
He claims to use his mind but lives in self-delusion ."

Please stop !
I think that is not polite at all .
(I replied)

A man should be call wath he truly is my friend ; and I think that guy is a fool .
But with the way you spoke I'm afraid he has succeeded in deceiving you .

So if you chose to speak this way how do one defines you yourself ?

I am a freethinker .

But he claimed to be the same as yourself
(I replied)

What do you mean by that .

He also walks after the dictates of his own heart like yourself .
(I replied)

No he is a philosopher ,I am not .

But you are the same.
(I claimed )

Stop insulting me please I said we are different ,do you understand .

Ehm ...
I am sorry for speaking rashly
(She apologized)

(Then I took cognizance that I was actually speaking with a woman this time .)

THE WOMAN : Hmm .
So where are you heading to ?

ME: I am on my way to Eden ( I said shamefully )

THE WOMAN: on your way to Eden ?
In this twenty first century ?
Is it the same Eden I read about in some strange man made scriptures or some other place called Eden in this modern time ?

ME: Hmm ....
Y, yy,yy yes !
that one ( i stammered with a shamed face )

THE WOMAN: Ah !
You mean the Eden where Adam was claimed to have come from ?

ME: Ye, yyes !
That one (I replied with my gaze on the ground )

Hahahaha (she laughed )
Ah !
Religion has finished this one ooooooo
(she exclaimed)
Poor soul (she cried and and dropped a sigh )

THE WOMAN : So, Mr Eden-goer
What are you going there to do in Eden ?

ME: Ehm .
I'm going there to meet God .

THE WOMAN: God ?
Which God ?
What is it that you want from this so-called God that man can't do for you or you can't do for yourself ?

ME: Ehm ehm ehm ( I struggled for words )
(This lady would mock the hell out of me if i should tell her the truth .
Would she understand if I tell her what it is ?)
(I thought )

(Maybe you should tell her , you shouldn't judge a book merely by its cover ,what if she's got the cure to your problem )
( another though suggested )

or am I too harsh on you mister ?
(she asked ,and awoke me from my thoughts )

ME: Ehm ,actually ,actually ................

THE WOMAN: Actually what ?
Or you don't know where you are even going to ?
You must be a confused fellow

ME: No !
I am not confused ,And know where I am going to .
I am going to ask God to give me drink from the river of life and to give me food from the tree of life .
( I yelled out in anger having felt insulted by this unmannered lady )

THE WOMAN: You see !
I know which button to press to make you speak out ,and now I knew that idiot has deceived you indeed or you ended up deceiving each other .

(Then I knew she intentionally spoke the way she did just to force me speak out the hidden thoughts of my mind .
but now it's to late to be ashame.
I'm gonna give it to her raw has it is without without minding the consequences)
(I THOUGHT)

What is wrong with what I have said for God sake ?
(I asked the lady )

THE WOMAN: Everything !
Everything is totally wrong with what you've said for the sake of not using your brain .
Can't you get water to drink from these rivers by the road side ?
Are these not fruit to eat from
(she said pointing to the trees on the way side )
You want to go meet your sky daddy .
I wonder how you will get to this your delusional Eden talk less of meeting one fake God that is a product of human imaginations .

ME: those trees don't have any fruit that can deal with my hunger ,neither can the waters from these rivers quench my thirst .

THE WOMAN: How come ?
Are you different from others who have drank from those rivers and are satisfied ?
Or are you more human than those who ate from the fruits of these trees ?
You are just a self- righteous fellow .
(She accused me )

ME: No not at all .
it's just that there is an unexplainable hunger ,and thirst withing my spirit ,that I can't explain .

THE WOMAN: Your spirit ?
Man has no spirit .
MAN is COMPLETELY made off flesh ,so only you know what spirit you are talking about .

ME: You see !
I knew beforehand that you wouldn't understand what I'm going through;
I perceived from the very beginning that you're not spiritual ,but whoever is spiritual discerns all things .

THE WOMAN: Nothing like Spirituality my friend !
You are simply an uneducated slowpoke .
just take off your mind from these spiritual things and you would be fine .

ME: is taking off my mind the same as taking off reality ?

THE WOMAN: Yeah I love the word "reality "
Reality are things that are real not some man made spiritual stuff having no visible evidences .

ME: What do you mean by man made ?
Are these notions of yours not man made ?
Or were they from God ?
And by what criterion did you arrived at what definition reality should assumed ?

THE WOMAN: My claims are man made but self -checked ,and freely accepted.
But yours are man -made ,demands for faith ,and are forcefully accepted.
they ain't even real because you can't prove them .
You can't !

ME: What do you want me to prove ?

THE WOMAN: prove that man was created by God and let's see !

ME: What proves do you still need ?

THE WOMAN: What prove have you given ?

ME: from where did man got all the knowledge he has ?
Who taught man to live and behaves differently from the animals ?
Why is man's system of thinking different from all other species ? .
Why is it that even though man is the most intelligent VISIBLE being on earth yet he is limited in all things and depends on others to live comfortable ?
If he is the God of himself why didn't he modify himself into a more sophisticated being.

THE WOMAN: Everything you've said are claims my foolish friend .
You are yet to give me one single proof that man was created by a God .

ME: Okay if man was not created by God who created him then ?

THE WOMAN Have you not been to school before ?
Haven't they taught you on the the bing bang or on the subject of evolution ?

ME: That is also a mere claim and no evident for that .

THE WOMAN: But that is science ,and science has been able to provide proofs for many of its claims .

ME: is that science ?
that is human philosophy ,and human opinion .

No it is science (she argued)

what is the meaning of the word "SCIENCES ?"
(I asked )

well it means "KNOWLEDGE "
(She replied)

ME: so if what you've said is science
Then what I said earlier is also science which means knowledge .
The difference is : One is human knowledge ,and the other is divine knowledge.

THE WOMAN: but through that so-called human knowledge
Many inventions has been made ,and many lives have been changed if you don't know ,
But what has your divine knowledge done for humanity ?

ME: Through the divine knowledge of God all things that pertain to life and godliness has been given .(I replied)

Pertain to live and godliness !

What things is it that pertains to life and godliness ? (She asked )

ME: Well I would say you should guess what it could be ?

THE WOMAN: Money ,car houses ,children ,great family inheritance ,fame ,a spouse .

Are those What you think pertains to life and godliness ? ( I ASKED )

THE WOMAN: What is this life that you are talking about that I do not have already ?
I am alive already as you can see
What I don't have is your so called godliness

so you agree that you are not godly?
(I ASKED HER )

yes I do !
Yes I am not godly (SHE AFFIRMED )

So if you are not godly what do you think you are ? (I ASKED )

THE WOMAN: I am humane

You are Humane ?
How do you define being humane ? (I ASKED )

THE WOMAN : What do you mean ?
What are you trying to say ?

ME: What is your definition of being humane ?

THE WOMAN: Caring ,and showing concern for other of course .

ME: how would you define caring for others ?

THE WOMAN : Are you saying you don't know what caring for others means ?

ME: I know for myself but your own definition might differ from mine ?

THE WOMAN: Why do you say so ?

ME: if we differ in believes I think it is possible that we differ in thoughts .

THE WOMAN: Well it's Just me and you .

ME: No it's you and a lot of people apart from Myself . (I argued )

THE WOMAN: Meaning ?

ME: Many people would disagree with whatever anyone would say no natter what it is or who says it ,even though it might be the truth .

THE WOMAN: So who judges us , who Is it that would moderate on all things .

ME: God !
God is the judge .
Humans differs and argue because they understand how limited a human mind can be so they find it hard to maintain a truth without looking for a superior truth .
But with God lies the truth of all truth .

THE WOMAN:
What is this truth of all truth ?
What do you mean by that ?

ME: Divine knowledge !
Divine knowledge is the knowledge that is Superior to all other kinds of knowledge .

Divine knowledge ?
What exactly is this divine knowledge ?
(SHE ASKED )

ME: It is knowing God and acknowledging him .

THE WOMAN : Why should I know God ?

ME: Why should a child knows it father ?

THE WOMAN: Why shoud a child not know its father ?

ME: Why should man not know God ?

THE WOMAN: Why should man know God ?

ME: Why should a man not know is origin ?

THE WOMAN: What is the origin of man ?

ME: He was created by a supreme ,and spiritual being called God .

THE WOMAN: How do you know that ?

ME: It is divine knowledge ,and that is why you also should have it

Divine knowledge !
Hmm .
I think I would turn and stop this journey
(SHE SAID )

Stop to go where ? (I ASKED )

( She turned and went away sorrowing )
And said "I want to go find out the truth about this divine knowledge you've talked about
And as she went I saw written on her back the word "ATHEIST ."

I knew it !
I knew she must be an atheist
(I said to myself and Continued with my journey )
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 10:57am On May 27, 2022
Good day
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 12:36pm On May 27, 2022
Anticipate an update today
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 5:18pm On May 27, 2022
COMMENTARY :

2 Peter 1:3-4
[3]as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
[4]by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Hmm .
A big thing to think about
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 6:27pm On May 27, 2022
Okay the next page dropping soon
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 6:50pm On May 27, 2022
Okay read the next page below
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 6:53pm On May 27, 2022

PAGE ~27 : THE NARROW WAY .

having traveled further for a while after the depature of the atheist ;
I arrived at a place where there were noises coming from different places and trumpets were been sounded .
suddenly I saw a path on the right side of the road and it is a narrow way ;
So narrow that no one could follow thus without getting injured ;Someone might even die .
i saw some persons there but their number was very few that one could count them .

the people there were stretching out there hands to draw those that were in the wide way out of it to the narrow way .
When those on the wide way saw the people on the narrow way they thought : they must be in danger or where there to endanger themselves .
those in the wide way also stretched out there hands to draw those that were in the narrow way to their part as an act of rescue .

When two people from this part and that part grabs each other's hands they would begin to draw each other in a bid to convert from both side .
Then I began to hear people scream at each other from both side .
Those in the narrow part would scream and say come out of that way or you will die !
And those on the wide way would ask those on the narrow way this question
" we or you guys who is dying ?
won't you check yourself's and see ?"

And then those on the narrow path would then check themselves and then see: bruises ,wounds and even blood ,on their body .
Then some of them would felt pity for themselves and then joined those on the wide way ,while some left because of shame .
But few were adamant ,and still and chooses to continue their journey on that dangerous ,and very difficult way .
and that made some in the wide-way to marvel for their courage and then joined them ,because they thought
"if these people were still willing to walk in that way having suffered so much then that's a sign that there is actually the true way to follow ."

And some in the narrow way would also think within themselves
" why should I remiain here,when all have seen was pain ,betrayal ,threats,and pure suffering ?
Are these people also not humans ?
Why should I lose when others gain prices through evil and in comfort and still gives thank to God ?
is this Worth it at all ?
Then they would join those on the wide way .
Minutes after minutes you would see people switch from this way to that way just how African politicians switches party .

Some of the the people traveling on the wide way who exhibited the highest degree of the lifestyle one would find there gradually changed their minds ,and then converted to the narrow way ;the way of challenges,suffering,sacrifices and difficult dealings.

Likewise some of those traveling on the narrow part who manifested the highest degree of the life there ;changed with time and decamped to the wide path -the path of comfort ,ease,luxury,pleasure,and corruption. living many of their former colleagues in shock,and bewilderment for they never expected that such people would divert to the camp of their adversary .

And myself was wondering why anyone in the first place would dare walk in the narrow way .
Why should a man embrace suffering,bearing crosses ,getting injuries in the flesh,dying to their own will as a way of life .
What does such people stand to gain ?

Why are they refusing the pleasures of Egypt ?
why do they despise the meat of the great king of Babylon ?
What is there for them in doing these seeing they have left all to follow such a path .
A path were you could be Stoned to death ,
A path were lies persecution and greate suffering of shame .
A path whose name is " Golgotha " the place of skull were everyone who chooses to die to the world are crucified .

But what about this way in which I'm walking right now ?
Why do I also chose this path ?
Look at the people who are traveling through it :
Many are fornicators ,and they feel comfortable to travel because no one troubles them or complain about their conduct here .

Many are thieves ,and they are even stealing from other travelers ,and not one person condemns them ,because all felt that life is about chop make I chop.
(that meant -eat and let me eat :we are all looking for the same thing so we shouldn't bother ourselves but corporate with each other )
Many are masturbators ,like myself ,and the many are even watching pornography while the preachers here were preaching ,and not one word could strike a cord in their hearts because both the preachers and the one that's been preached to are workers of iniquity .

Is this way the right way at all ?
Yes it is !
you just mind your business ,and forget whatever the others are doing .
(An intrusive thought suggested to Me )

But what if the narrow way is the right way and not this way ? (I asked my self )

No it can't be the right way at all
Common!
Can't you see how the life of those who were there looks like ?
Or do you want to suffer like them ?
Just continue your journey here .
(The intrusive thought suggested again )

But how can this wide way be the right way for God's sake when everything is wrong with it ?(I asked again )

Everything can't be right .
Besides -nobody is perfect ,so you just do you best and leave the rest .
(The intrusive thought penned again )

Hmm !
I think that's true.
Everything can't be right ,i should just do my best and leave the rest ( I agreed )

But wait !
For whom would the rest be left ?
For God ?
Realy ?
was it God that said the rest should be left for him or was he the one that's demands for my best ?

In fact where does those thoughts I had came from ?
Why are those thoughts in favor of the wide way ?
why didn't I think something good about the narrow way too ?
the way I thought everything can't be good about the wide way ,I also need to see that everything can't be bad about the narrow way
There must be something good about that narrow path too .
Those walking there can just be threading that path just to end up with nothing .
There must be something good about that way .
I think I have to ........................
Re: The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) by Speaklove: 9:46am On May 28, 2022
Good day reader

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) / Meet The Most Beautiful, Successful Nigerian Female Writers / A Womans Strength

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.