Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

I Am Tired Of My Marriage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Tired Of My Marriage (37129 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / I Am Tired Of My Wife / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Cutehector(m): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
No. I grew up in Winners Chapel and Papa and Mama always say they have never argued in their marriage. Even last year, Papa still said that he and mama have not had their first argument almost 40 years later. That is the kind of marriage I always wanted but now, I feel bad because I cannot boast of the same thing. Shouting at your wife is abuse. And worse is that our children see it. I have read that it can affect children psychologically. I feel that I have failed.

you see that is the problem . Always comparing marriages with others.. Na so the devil go take kill una marriage and u will use your hand to spoil it.... Continue comparing.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by rickleye: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Please, I don't want to be judged. My husband is a good man. We have been married for 14 years. I am 33 years old. He is 39 years old. We have 4 kids - 3 girls and 1 boy. He has never cheated on me. Right from day 1, he has been very open. He is not the type of husband that locks phone and all of that. But I am tired. He has the habit of flaring up around the children and I don't like it. I don't want my kids to be damaged. I know some will say no marriage is perfect but at this point, I don't even want marriage again. I just want to be free and single and look after my kids. I am tired.

Anytime we have an argument, he always talks about how he did this and that for me. In front of the children. I don't want this kind of life. He hardly gets angry, maybe twice or thrice in a year but when he does, he does not have the sense to know he should not be doing it in front of the kids. He apologizes to them and to me but I am done.

He has no other issue apart from this. He has never beaten me or anything but I am tired. Overall he is a good husband to be fair and honest but I can no longer deal with this. I prefer to be single and free than deal with this rubbish.

I feel like pouring out my heart.

Well I feel for you , truly.
Hmm you’re 33 , married 14 years so you married at 19. Which means he could have been your first love or you got pregnant and forced to marry him.
Some of the comments you have made are borne out of immaturity. You feel trapped as you had to become a wife , parent and responsible adult quickly. You couldn’t go partying with your friends and so you feel you missed out on “ life “. It doesn’t have to feel or be so.
In any case quitting the marriage is not your answer/ Solution. Just remove that completely from your mind and focus on the other possible solutions or workarounds.

Be active - not sure if you’re a house manager or employed. Get a gym membership or be employed if you’re not.

Have a night out - plan the evening out with some friends or have people over. Watch a movie with some girlfriends and just verge.

Have a date night with hubby. Women are coy and smart . Get a baby sitter and go watch a movie with dinner out.

Read books - or write a journal or stories here on NL for us to read. Renew your mind

GoodLuck

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by MrBroke(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
What the Bleep and you nagging for, God angry , I think you have another man
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Bush2013: 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
No. I grew up in Winners Chapel and Papa and Mama always say they have never argued in their marriage. Even last year, Papa still said that he and mama have not had their first argument almost 40 years later. That is the kind of marriage I always wanted but now, I feel bad because I cannot boast of the same thing. Shouting at your wife is abuse. And worse is that our children see it. I have read that it can affect children psychologically. I feel that I have failed.

please don't even that papa marriage. You won't survive in that kind of marriage for a day.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by jaxxy(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Please, I don't want to be judged. My husband is a good man. We have been married for 14 years. I am 33 years old. He is 39 years old. We have 4 kids - 3 girls and 1 boy. He has never cheated on me. Right from day 1, he has been very open. He is not the type of husband that locks phone and all of that. But I am tired. He has the habit of flaring up around the children and I don't like it. I don't want my kids to be damaged. I know some will say no marriage is perfect but at this point, I don't even want marriage again. I just want to be free and single and look after my kids. I am tired.

Anytime we have an argument, he always talks about how he did this and that for me. In front of the children. I don't want this kind of life. He hardly gets angry, maybe twice or thrice in a year but when he does, he does not have the sense to know he should not be doing it in front of the kids. He apologizes to them and to me but I am done.

He has no other issue apart from this. He has never beaten me or anything but I am tired. Overall he is a good husband to be fair and honest but I can no longer deal with this. I prefer to be single and free than deal with this rubbish.

I can understand ur circumstances, probably like belittling and humiliating u infront of the kids and it keeps happening bt what I'm more concerned about is what led to him making those statements to u? what exactly provokes him to say so?

I have a feeling u don't love this man and probably never did. u married him out of pity or obligation and now u are tired of being in a marriage cos of what sm1 has done for u and to make it worse keeps reminding u of all he did. Bt maybe I'm wrong.

I just can't fathom how u can build a family with sm1 and want to throw it all away over smtn so minute that can be resolved or corrected if addressed the proper way. undecided
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Shedrack777: 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
I am tired. I have a better view of marriage. He is not meeting up. My children are saying that the way he talks when upsets affects them. The children cry and he apologizes to all of us. I know I sound confused but I am just tired. I feel that my children will not be seeing this when we divorce. That is why I don't want the marriage anymore. I just want all round peace. I am tired.
if you divorce him, who'll take custody of the children? what will you do when you're hot and need sex? will it not affect the children? do you plan on remarrying if you divorce? if yes, who'll marry a divorcee with 4 kids? woman, think before you act
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
Miracle2022:
you don't need counseling,what you need is total rehabilitation. They should take you yaba left where chronic mad people are.
I don't blame you, I blame the simp you marry as a husband.
Just here out of that house,go and meet the animal that is promising you heaven on earth.
Olosho.
There is nothing mad about any of what she relayed here and all she is is stressed from what it is that is bothering her. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by akaahs(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
I am tired. I have a better view of marriage. He is not meeting up. My children are saying that the way he talks when upsets affects them. The children cry and he apologizes to all of us. I know I sound confused but I am just tired. I feel that my children will not be seeing this when we divorce. That is why I don't want the marriage anymore. I just want all round peace. I am tired.
U re the reason why some men insult and make women look like they don't have anything to offer. Ur husband is having a problem instead of trying to help him out, d only thing u mentioned in ur post is u want to leave the marriage. I no blame u is because u married early and d thing dey do u anyhow. Madam leave if u can't help the man find solutions to his problem and stop disturbing us.
Nonsense!!
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by reddingtonblack: 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

Your problem is you got what you don't merit nor deserve amd it seems you can't help buh take cognisance he is tew good for you hence why you wanna run, maybe the frivolous excuses were just your escape plan.
I just want you to know the only place to find real peace is 6feet under the ground,before you marry did you really have peace, well peace is relative to what you call it.
I will strongly advise you pack your bags n leave the man so that asides the kids another best thing could find him. all the best as you revert back to your father name
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by NMotorwerks: 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
YOU WILL CAUSE MORE DAMAGE WITH DIVORCE THAT WHAT YOU THINK IS A PROBLEM NOW, YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE PERMANENTLY DAMAGED. THINK TWICE, FORGET YOUR SELFISHNESS

janejjjjj5000:
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Sanchez01: 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

Papa and Mama are parts of the problem you have. And I say this with all sincerity of purpose; Papa is either lying or definitely not telling you how SUBMISSIVE his wife is. He is a temperamental person and he doesn't hide it. The kind of woman who would put up with someone like him would be someone who must take everything Papa throws at her and must not talk back.

My point is no marriage is perfect, not even that of the Papa you adore and look up to. If you ask Mama or she sees a marriage where the woman's opinion is heard and respected, she'd secretly crave such.

It seems you will like Gu Jun Pio and Telenovelas a lot.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Nigeriadondie: 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Thank you so much, sir.

Do you think the kids might be needing therapy too?

They cry when this happens. Especially the two oldest ones. The last two are twins and less than 2 so they don't know anything.

I am just so confused. I don't discuss my home with third parties so I just felt like coming here to vent because I feel I cannot cope alone any longer.

If you are to be very sincere with yourself, you yearn for freedom and seek a way out of the marriage but what I see is that you only are looking to exploit his weaknesses or flaws as an excuse to leave so he takes the blame.
What I see is a woman who wants to have a taste of another dicks. Well better to do so than cheat in marriage but be well prepared to pay the high price.
I had an ex-wife who did this to me and I now laugh from a distance.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Chigold101(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

Aunty you delusional.
How did you meet your husband?
How did the Papa and Mama met each other?

You are not a member of Winners Chapel, you are looking for a way to drag the church into adulterous mind.
If you are member of the Winners Chapel, your first thought should not be divorce. You are not even talking of separation but divorce.
You didn't think about talking to your Pastor & his wife, you didn't talk of visiting a marriage counselor neither did prayer enter your mind but divorce.

At 33 you don't know that every marriage is unique and every individual home is differently built.

Continue, those who are polluting you will soon abandon you.
The free di*k you are craving for will soon show there are others that drink from it too.

I pity you sha

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
Cutehector:
you see that is the problem . Always comparing marriages with others.. Na so the devil go take kill una marriage and u will use your hand to spoil it.... Continue comparing.
No be the same Oyedepo dey lie to una say devil dey kill marriage? No be the same comparing you dey do here using the lies fed you by oyedepo and his gang?? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by simplesearch: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
Don't you know marriage has been damaged since Eden, when Eve and Adam out of ignorance and disobedience surrendered the institution to the devil?
Reason every married couple without Jesus will almost always face torment in their union, and the saved ones who do not expressly subscribe to Christ teachings on marriage will have some troubles too.
If I may ask you, since you've been experiencing all of this occasional unpleasant outburst from your husband have you ever sat him down to let him know that although you appreciate him; but that aspect of his character inconveniences and reduces your worth each time, especially when it is done before the children.
After such a hearty discussion, you then take the whole situation to the Lord in prayers, for he alone can unlock the door to any man's heart no matter how well secured. And if you are yet to fully surrender your life to Christ, please do so; for your souls sake and eternity at large.
Occasional outburst from your hubby is no reason to quit the beautiful union you've had this past 14years, cos if you do; you will expose yourself unwittingly to moral and spiritual attack and endless battles you can never win because of lack of covering(shield), which your husband represents spiritually. Don't let the devil tell you you can't go further by magnifying the situation and making a mountain out of your molehill, it's one of his numerous antics to destroy you, your home and eventually get at your children.
There is no freedom anywhere on earth in or outside Marriage, you will only be frustrated if you get out and discover the grass is not greener on the other side. Shalom!

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1 Corinthians 7:10
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
1 Corinthians 7:11
But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Ceekaycee: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
You're Blessed.

You have something many prays for.
That freedom you seeks, it is Deceptive!
But you would not know until the devil wins.

Continue TO pray for your home. There is no perfect home. It's in your hands now.

Christ is the Answer to our Strife.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Born2Breed(f): 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

Anytime we have an argument, he always talks about how he did this and that for me. In front of the children. I don't want this kind of life. He hardly gets angry, maybe twice or thrice in a year but when he does, he does not have the sense to know he should not be doing it in front of the kids. He apologizes to them and me but I am done.

Please go to the nearest magistrate court and ask for the dissolution of your marriage.

If it's traditional marriage, inform your family and let them return your bride price.

You don't deserve him!

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Cutehector(m): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No be the same Oyedepo dey lie to una say devil dey kill marriage? No be the same comparing you dey do here using the lies fed you by oyedepo and his gang?? undecided
urm. I am not the op, i think your comment should be directed to her
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Newboss(m): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Na that man I blame.

There is no award for being a good husband. Baba, never stick to one toto.

Madam, get lost.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Czario: 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

Give me your husband's number iwant to tell him something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by 9jausedauto: 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

Let me just say this peacefully, madam outside dy ur eye, every person man or woman has one bad habit, he even apologies to you and the kids, you are still complaining, madam abeg follow ur heart leave the marriage, plenty women dy wen dy find good husband no worry

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by jaxxy(m): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nuelzi:

Show me a man that have never shouted at his woman then you have to believe me when I say that my grandmother is still a virgin.

The fact that he apologizes to you when he is wrong speaks volume....no be every man dey apologize yet their woman always stick around them.

This is a family matter,you two need to be counseled by a marriage counselor,you don't have to leave your marriage because your husband shouts at you sometimes

I know you have friends that have being feeding you with such nonsense that their own husband (s) don't shout at them...blah blah blah....

Na Dem dey feed you with all dx divorce of a thing...but believe me when I say one or two of them are not happy that you have that kinda man.

Not everyone can tolerate thesame level of bullshit. There are some attitude people can't stand. And doing it everytime and apologising doesn't make it better.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Revolution001: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Overall he is a good husband to be fair and honest..........
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by peacettw: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nuelzi:
What exactly does this gender want?

Sorry to say this but if what you wrote up there is true then permit me to say that you don't really know what you want

- you pointed out these qualities that most men lack yet you don't want to hold onto him.

E be like say e get niqqa wey you dey eye somewhere na why you wan dropout undecided

Nobody should quote me....na my mind I talk,I no stone person

She is so lucky and she doesnt even know it
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by obyrich(m): 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
ojun50:
You just need an opportunity for you to be flicking around town, woman what are you waiting for pack out jor
She married at 19 years. Didn't collect enough gbola.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by kunle75(m): 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

I have one question for you.

Why don't you find out what triggers this behavior and seek for a solution on it rather quiting?

The grass isn't greener at the other side ooo.
Be ready for the next troubled phase of your life, cos more worse men will come at you and I bet you might regret ever leaving him later.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
jaxxy:
1. I can understand ur circumstances, probably like belittling and humiliating u infront of the kids and it keeps happening bt what I'm more concerned about is what led to him making those statements to u? what exactly provokes him to say so?

2. I have a feeling u don't love this man and probably never did. u married him out of pity or obligation and now u are tired of being in a marriage cos of what sm1 has done for u and to make it worse keeps reminding u of all he did. Bt maybe I'm wrong.

3 . I just can't fathom how u can build a family with sm1 and want to throw it all away over smtn so minute that can be resolved or corrected if addressed the proper way. undecided
1. There is absolutely no valid reason for emotional or verbal abuse in marriage. undecided

2. Love has never been a requirement in marriage, so stop trying to judge her marriage on what are superficial standards you hold to. undecided

3. You should rereading the OP again and putting yourself in her shoes in other to possibly see what she may be trying to tell you. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Sanchez01: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
BigBashiru:

What is she exploring?? After she finishes exploring the husband will not be waiting for her to return home.... she will probably have to remarry.... and if she doesn't get husband quality, she will become depressed.....because she once had husband quality.....
That's the point. She's 33 now, got married 14 yes ago. This means she got married at 19. She skipped the part of life where she is supposed to explore and enjoy life as an unmarried woman but she's coming back all over to wanting and craving that. Unfortunately, the longer she remains in the marriage, the more frustrated she'll be since she is already drifting from her spouse. She wants to leave the marriage and wants to experience love through the eyes of another based on her "Papa and Mama" kind of love and that's all you need to see the picture.

Well, you know what they say about not knowing the value of what you love until you lose it?

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Shedrack777:
if you divorce him, who'll take custody of the children? what will you do when you're hot and need sex? will it not affect the children? do you plan on remarrying if you divorce? if yes, who'll marry a divorcee with 4 kids? woman, think before you act
Stop! undecided

Contrary to what you may believe. Marriage isn't meant for everyone and not all single people flirt or bounce from one relationship to another. There are single folks out there who are single and free and happy at that. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Miracle2022: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

I said it. Many families are broken today because of these business men that called themselves pastors. Pastor oyedepo is deceiving you. No man that is married for two years and they are living together will tell me that they have been living without a little argument.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Obaad: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Just talk say Ashawo dey your eyes
uote author=janejjjjj5000 post=112173007]Please, I don't want to be judged. My husband is a good man. We have been married for 14 years. I am 33 years old. He is 39 years old. We have 4 kids - 3 girls and 1 boy. He has never cheated on me. Right from day 1, he has been very open. He is not the type of husband that locks phone and all of that. But I am tired. He has the habit of flaring up around the children and I don't like it. I don't want my kids to be damaged. I know some will say no marriage is perfect but at this point, I don't even want marriage again. I just want to be free and single and look after my kids. I am tired.

I feel like pouring out my heart.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer / Doctor, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Fire Accident (Photos) / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.