Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting (37609 Views)

Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Nigerian Man Loses 6M Naira To Betting After Germany Loss. / If You Are New To Betting And Keep Losing Let's Meet Here . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by lendahand(m): 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bolaji26:
Waw! 100plus and me lost just 1k to betting yesterday and i no fit sleep or clear the pains from my head till now cry
I lost 700K to crypto trading in a week
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by rukz: 6:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bianda24:
Lemme me offer you a piece of advice for free. Quit betting!!! I know the addiction may be ingrained in you but the best bet for you in betting is to quit it. The pain of losing the over 100k meant for house rent to betting should be the driving force to quit it.
I once lost over 1million naira to betting in a day. It happened that I got a loan of 1million naira from my parastatal's cooperative to pay back in 18 months. Though it was 1.8million naira that I applied for but cos of my contribution, I could not secure the desired amount. So I was loaned 1million naira. In an attempt to augument the money after having tried to get the remaining from friends and family members but as it was at that time, they couldn't help as a result of one reason or the other.
Going forward, a friend introduced me to betting, as my friend analysed it, it sounded convincing. Manchester City was to play Wolverhampton that year. Man City was on top of the league, I think the odd given to Man City was 1.36 while Wolves was given 7.68 odd (if I am not mistaken). The other game was between Celtic and one other team I could not recall its name now. Celtic was at home and from analyses, that team had not won Celtic before let alone winning Celtic at home. I cant remember the odd given to Celtic again but I know that I was to win 1.87 million naira.
So I staked for Man City and Celtic to win at home. The most annoying thing is that the team that won Celtic (from analyses had never won Celtic before) had red card and was 1 goal down at the end of first half. In second half, the team scored and drew the match while wolves won Man City with I think one goal.
It was sad, painful and wicked to me but I learnt my lesson. Though I did not quit sport betting but I never staked more than 100naira.
I wish to stop it totally which I know I am on its path.
were u able to sleep that day?
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Bolaji26(m): 6:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
lendahand:
I lost 700K to crypto trading in a week
. Omg ! I can never get mind for such amount.. I go just commit suicide
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Bianda24: 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
rukz:
were u able to sleep that day?
Sleep ke? I could not sleep at all. I didn't tell my wife either, you know women with their nagging. For weeks, I was not myself. For months i blamed myself particularly during the period of repayment. It was not funny but all that are now things of the past.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Alonso91(m): 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bet responsibly una no go hear

Only bet with d money you can afford to loose

Only a fool like you bet with 'life savings'...you wanna win millions n arrive overnight

Had it be you committed suicide,I won't waste my RIP

I do bet also,buh with shikini money...
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by tallceejay(m): 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
Sorry bro. I'm sure there were good days. Betting helps pay miscellaneous bills , but there has been bad days too.
kuonbe:
Just Friday and Saturday I lost 100plus all my savings to bettings,
Am bleeding and looking at my 2yers old plus boy now if not for him I know what to do now.
Av read and read many talking about betting is not good and I know. But av fall victim in just two days I lost all. Money am saving for house rent all gone. If I cant make it. Am leaving this miserable life all gone. 32 years am nothing wat am I waiting for
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Tamer40(m): 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2022
I actually love this response keep it coming
Kajaard:

Where we the ones that advised you to use your house rent money to gamble? Betting is nothing but gambling. You have a son and an unpaid house rent and you still had the effontery to gamble away your savings.

What exactly do you want us to do for you now? You are even threatening to take your life, how childish. Man up and carry your cross.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by rukz: 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bianda24:

Sleep ke? I could not sleep at all. I didn't tell my wife either, you know women with their nagging. For weeks, I was not myself. For months i blamed myself particularly during the period of repayment. It was not funny but all that are now things of the past.
hmmm thank God for your life. please do well to stop it completely.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Bianda24: 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
rukz:
hmmm thank God for your life. please do well to stop it completely.
Thank you and God bless you.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Akuruoulo(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
I work hard to raise this money, for house rent. I raised 200plus in February and march. Beofer my mini bus engine got spoil. The money for house rent I used it to get another engine. Now av raised 100plus in 1month betting av finish me. I used to sleep in my mini bus.
It's not too late bro.
Start a tight relationship with God , and you will see the addiction leave u in peace.
Irs not over bro

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Akuruoulo(m): 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
I used to call them to meet me outside. Am finished. This shame is toomuch
BRO PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP HOPE. IT'S NOT LATE BRO
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Akuruoulo(m): 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
I used to call them to meet me outside. Am finished. This shame is toomuch
PLEASE BRO ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK?
I WISH TO TAlk TO YOU PRIVATELY
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Mrpojj(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
Am bleeding and looking at my 2yers old plus boy now if not for him I know what to do now.
Av read and read many talking about betting is not good and I know. But av fall victim in just two days I lost all. Money am saving for house rent all gone. If I cant make it. Am leaving this miserable life all gone. 32 years am nothing wat am I waiting for
How does someone use all his money to bet sef?
I dey bet 100 naira slip , wen e cut e dey pain me
Someone will now use 100k plus bet
Wen u no be dangote sef
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Akuruoulo(m): 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
An apartments will solve my problems
I will stay with my family
Start going to church
Nothing will make me bet. I don't bet before
I promised my wife this month ending to up the money for the apartment. Pls I need help

I WISH I COULD HELP YOU BRO
BRO JUST MAN UP BRO.
U CAN STILL SLEEP IN UR MINI BUS FOR NOW, BUT JUST HOPE THINGS WILL GET BETTER.
I HOPE YOU ARE OK ANYWHERE YOU ARE NOW , AND PLEASE DON'T THINK ABOUT TAKING UR LIFE BECAUSE THAT'S THE WORST THOUGHT EVER.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by ceejay80s(m): 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
An apartments will solve my problems
I will stay with my family
Start going to church
Nothing will make me bet. I don't bet before
I promised my wife this month ending to up the money for the apartment. Pls I need help
Stop using style to beg money, dont think u are smart coming up with trash story of betting, oga go join lawma, u will be employed
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Akuruoulo(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
Mrpojj:

How does someone use all his money to bet sef?
I dey bet 100 naira slip , wen e cut e dey pain me
Someone will now use 100k plus bet
Wen u no be dangote sef
SOMEONE MUST HAVE ADVISED HIM TO STAKE BIG , BY JUST GATHERING 2 ODDS.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Mrpojj(m): 7:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
Akuruoulo:

SOMEONE MUST HAVE ADVISED HIM TO STAKE BIG , BY JUST GATHERING 2 ODDS.
Am telling you
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Franklinshaddy(m): 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]shut up abeg you guys will Bleep up finish you will run come Nland come they lament abeg anybody send you if you have win nobody will hear it please just carry your problem comot here many people are looking for that money to do better thighs I work hard to raise this money, for house rent. I raised 200plus in February and march. Beofer my mini bus engine got spoil. The money for house rent I used it to get another engine. Now av raised 100plus in 1month betting av finish me. I used to sleep in my mini bus. [/quote]
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by acmilan4li(m): 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
Broda same here too. Just that I don't play that much but still affecting me somehow is best is to quit bro.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Franklinshaddy(m): 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
[/color]shut up abeg you guys will Bleep up finish you will run come Nland come they lament abeg anybody send you if you have win nobody will hear it please just carry your problem comot here many people are looking for that money to do better things[color=#000099]
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by 77up(m): 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
HellAnus:

Help kee you there. Continue playing bet, if your money don finish, you fit stake .....
Too harsh pls, edit his son part away pls embarassed
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by 77up(m): 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2022
ibechris:
I pity a lot of women who are married to gamblers.

How i wish they can summon courage to leave such men and continue their lives independently.

How can a married man be gambling away the future of his family just like that.
Woman should be studying men on this before " I do " .

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by BePrepared: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kajaard:

Where we the ones that advised you to use your house rent money to gamble? Betting is nothing but gambling. You have a son and an unpaid house rent and you still had the effontery to gamble away your savings.

What exactly do you want us to do for you now? You are even threatening to take your life, how childish. Man up and carry your cross.

Exactly what I wanted asking him, does he expect us to contribute for him, this guy deserves 2 by 2
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Laeroy(f): 7:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Starzo:

Crypto trading has always been the front for online scammers

Idiot!, continue mocking other people's legit hussle. Hand go soon touch you

Las Las you go beg those wey you mock

Common sense u no get...
I leave you to your foolishness...
Bye bye
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Akwaibom1stlady(f): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
Betting is a very bad addiction aim to make your life miserable and poor. Please stop!!

Relocation Sales

Almost new generator for sale.... Got an inverter. Used for a month

Price 110k (slightly negotiable)

AC 1hp very cool
50k last

32" LG smart TV 70k (SOLD)

43" Inches LG HD TV 125k (Only 5 months used)

2 Pieces of Gotv Decorder with their Remote and antenna... Both used for less than 4 months... 6k each

3 months Hairer Thermocool Table Top Fridge (with a mini freezer) very new

Call/whatsapp 07069453538

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by pharmaking: 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2022
Where is your faith?

Sell the korope bus, bet with the money.

Bet big and win big.

Where is your faith?

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by officialfestus(m): 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
Gatekeepers:
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.( Prov 13:11)

Whoever is greedy for unjust gain troubles his own household, but he who hates bribes will live. (Prov 15:27)

Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits will have plenty of poverty. (Prov 28:19)

He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity. (Eccl 5:10)

“Gambling is the child of avarice, the brother of iniquity, and the father of mischief.” – George Washington

Gambling is a sickness, a disease, an addiction, an insanity, and is always a loser in the long run.

When you have greed you will always lose more than you gain. Gambling is bad for your health and it violates many Scriptures as seen above. Seek hard work and trust in the Lord with your income and your home, and it shall be well with you.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Ogunleti01: 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
Never will I forget this experience in a hurry

Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Starzo: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2022
Laeroy:

Common sense u no get... I leave you to your foolishness... Bye bye
A pathetic fool is what you are
Continue mocking people's legit hussle. Your cup go soon full.
Nemesis will catch with you.
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Starzo: 8:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
Bianda24:
Thank you and God bless you.
why guys go dey use female monikers for this nairaland sef?
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Braga90(m): 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
kuonbe:
Go and die brother! Just end it all and leave this miserable world ��
Re: I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting by Enny2013(f): 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
BIDOO:

And you think the family are not doing well enough? Did you read the part where he mentioned his wife and the baby staying with his mother?
The financial strength of his immediate family is weak hence he decided to get a decent place for his self-made family by operating as a mini-bus driver! But along the line, garri pass water.
Ok,sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo / Who Is The Richest And Highest Paid Footballer In Nigeria? / Mikel, Victor Moses, Iwobi Mobbed After Super Eagles Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.