Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41322 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by adadike(f): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2022
If am your mother and you dare sell my house and my grave, forget t! You are coming to join me. What if I did not build that house in the first place , won't you go and hustle for yourself? Try it , Kam bia kpolu gi sharp sharp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Israelfx2(m): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
Yes sell it
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yassinattah(m): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
A very yeye woman who honours the dead more than the living dying in abject poverty even when there’s a way out.
Thunder fire you on our Mungo park ideologies,it’s your type that makes Nigerians backward because of this myopic way of thinking,No wonder Nigeria is still backwards and imbibed in corruption because some set of people with old ideologies like yours wouldn’t want to see what is ahead but instead prefers to continue its primitive way of existence.

I pray your children ll receive sense from the lord more than you.

A nincompoo of a halot

LilMissFavvy:
Ha ha ha. Why should I stress myself trying to become someone when I was given an education that is useful to me, and also other benefits? You think everyone like to blow their trumpet? After selling your mother's grave' and blowing the money' on futility, you are back to square', shame' on you. I am 100% sure you are a Yahoo boy, the things you say here has exposed' you. Failed son' who traded his mother's one week grave. Cursed' motherfucker'...
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Viccano: 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
Simple use the house as collateral to get loan then pay back when you are done with your studies. It is really scary to exhume her and rebury her she will never be happy with you
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by slickbak(m): 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
Bros europe hard o. You could spend years there and still not be able to afford the same land and structure. Rent it. Collect 2years rent

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by slickbak(m): 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2022
adadike:
If am your mother and you dare sell my house and my grave, forget t! You are coming to join me. What if I did not build that house in the first place , won't you go and hustle for yourself? Try it , Kam bia kpolu gi sharp sharp
Sense keee u there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by josite: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
Now I know why baba sho preferred to be buried in front of his house.he doesn't ant to part with the house even in death.

My friend ,just let woman rest in peace .

Conscience and bad dreams may ruin your life after the sale and you may not even be restful enough to get the Masters.

Use it as security for a loan.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
This skull' miner/yahooboy mined his mother's skull' one week after she was buried', and sold her graveyard cheesy the unrepentant male...brostititute is not even ashamed that he would have been a pennyless' loser' today if not for his mother's sweat'. God is already punishing' a male' hoe' like you, that's why you couldn't get yourself' quality' education, hence could not read and understand my first simple comment on this thread. Here on Nairaland is where even the worst stam' craps' like you claim to be something, whereas in real life you are a useless' entity'.

When your cup is full, snipper is what you will drink and end your worthless' life'. You think travelling abroad for masters is a sure deal to make the OP successful? You don't know there are people abroad who are not that fortunate to be making good money. Do you know the number of Nigerians abroad who are involved in crimes'? Your dickkhead' does not let you understand, that he can actually renovate that house, live a good life here, then save up and travel out in 5yrs time or so. Foooool
yassinattah:
A very yeye woman who honours the dead more than the living dying in abject poverty even when there’s a way out.
Thunder fire you on our Mungo park ideologies,it’s your type that makes Nigerians backward because of this myopic way of thinking,No wonder Nigeria is still backwards and imbibed in corruption because some set of people with old ideologies like yours wouldn’t want to see what is ahead but instead prefers to continue its primitive way of existence.

I pray your children ll receive sense from the lord more than you.

A nincompoo of a halot

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by woleabayo(f): 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
i will advice you that if u sell the house go to ikoyi or Atan commentary to get a permanent site and rebury her exum there for her too to benefit from the money.
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by chaloskyx: 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
Exhume her corpse bury her somewhere else (a very good place) sell the house and relocate she would be proud of you ability to think for and make sensible decisions by yourself
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by DrHighchief(m): 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
Must u go for Masters abroad?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Lightorder: 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:

You are quoting the wrong person. I am not the OP
very sorry

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Lightorder: 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2022
. so the only sin your late mum committed was leaving a house for you. Why not assume that you don’t have such property to sell. Why is it that people in Lagos do this a lot. Behind my own house, they sold part of their family house. Their mum was buried in a tenant’s bedroom. People knew when they sold part of the living room and carved out the grave
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Iykmann(m): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
You wan to sell your mother's house with her grave? something must be wrong with you.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yemmywesey(m): 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2022
First question, which state, area is the house located.
Size of the land, what is the total attributes of the house .
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Maccoy507: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

Pls in the name of God don't sell your mother's house, especially if she is buried there. Get an estate developer sign an agreement with them to develop your property and take proceeds for some years, may be 5years. Then reclaim your property and build your life, pls don't dishonour your mother like that mbok..
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yassinattah(m): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2022
No wonder the cause placed on you by your ancestors is still following you and your family that's why progress is not crossing your path and it's the same reason why you feel another man selling his mother's property to have a better life for himself and his wife and children in the nearby future is an abomination.

Go to your village and offer your fetish sacrifice being an idol worshipper you are,so as to reverse the cause and be set free and stop coming to Nairaland to tell us about your dead father that is a speck of dust used as a manure in a backyard of who God knows where.

No one cares.

After unleashing that cause then suitable suitors may then come your way,most likely another idol worshipper of your match,so as to have a better life not this backwardness and negative energy emanating from you that is supposed to feed cancer,that you're trying to transfer your family problem in form of aggression towards me.

I don't know you and I don't wish to know you and I don't want to have sex with mammy water like you,so please stay away and back off.
LilMissFavvy:
This skull' miner/yahooboy mined his mother's skull' one week after she was buried', and sold her graveyard cheesy the unrepentant male...brostititute is not even ashamed that he would have been a pennyless' loser' today if not for his mother's sweat'. God is already punishing' a male' hoe' like you, that's why you couldn't get yourself' quality' education, hence could not read and understand my first simple comment on this thread. Here on Nairaland is where even the worst stam' craps' like you claim to be something, whereas in real life you are a useless' entity'.

When your cup is full, snipper is what you will drink and end your worthless' life'. You think travelling abroad for masters is a sure deal to make the OP successful? You don't know there are people abroad who are not that fortunate to be making good money. Do you know the number of Nigerians abroad who are involved in crimes'? Your dickkhead' does not let you understand, that he can actually renovate that house, live a good life here, then save up and travel out in 5yrs time or so. Foooool
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Aaay: 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2022
Sell the house your mom will continue to rest

Where my late mom was buried in 1997 I can’t remember the road not to talk of the address

Life goes on you have to survive my mind is watching on us all till date
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by anyilalaz: 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
buygala:
What shall it profit you that you sell the house to fund your Masters and then come back to Nigeria and be homeless?

Note that the doing Masters in the UK doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to work there after studies.. They will mostly collect your money, give you an MSC, and put you back on the plane to Murtala Muhammed Airport grin

From your statement that you are teaching in a private school, I guess it is safe to assume that your course of study isn't very marketable like the Medical sciences or Engineering... Or that you are not brilliant enough or lucky enough for well-paying companies to employ you.. The fact that you are not even on any kind of scholarship for your Masters give credence to the fact say you no too sabi book or your course of study is...well...not much in demand..

My point is... Don't sell your mother's house and grave site on a directionless whim... Do your research and be sure you have at least an 80% chance of being allowed to work in the abroad before you commit yourself... Because you will understand real wahala when you come back to Nigeria with a piece of paper that many other people have and are still jobless, and still end up being homeless.. .

If its in Canada or US, ok. but Uk, no no!!! chances that you will be sent home after studies is95%.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Cousin9999: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2022
I'm just going to ignore the question and say that you can study free in Germany and some Scandinavian countries. Explore that option.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2022
Relocate her grave elsewhere before selling. Don’t let strangers come and desecrate your mother’s grave because you wanted money. Respect her enough to atleast move her corpse elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by phemmyfour: 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?
You better sell it. That grave is as good as empty. Africans and awkward mentality about the dead. The dead is DEAD and gone forever. She has no say about everything or anything she left behind
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by iamwebguru: 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
I will advise you not to sell that property, there are lot of fully funded Master/PhD scholarship in the UK for Nigerians. If you sell that property you will regret it.

For scholarship opportunities follow Dr. Olumiyiwa Igbalajobi on Twitter: @olumiyiwaayo

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by GodisFirst: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2022
No! Don't attempt it. Not in your life time.
You may rent it out for about three or more years and take the advance payment for your studies or any business you may wish to better your life. With that, you still have ownership of the house.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Inosky(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2022
Say a prayer with people in your mother's grave, exhume the corpse and burry it elsewhere in a beautiful location (maybe her village or beautiful cemetery) where you will always come and visit her or ask people to go and pray for her and sell the house if that your only home of survival. After all, I'm sure she won't be happy with you if you become poor and hungry whilst she had left a house you can sell and survive and be happy!
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Someodds: 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
buygala:
What shall it profit you that you sell the house to fund your Masters and then come back to Nigeria and be homeless?

Note that the doing Masters in the UK doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to work there after studies.. They will mostly collect your money, give you an MSC, and put you back on the plane to Murtala Muhammed Airport grin

From your statement that you are teaching in a private school, I guess it is safe to assume that your course of study isn't very marketable like the Medical sciences or Engineering... Or that you are not brilliant enough or lucky enough for well-paying companies to employ you.. The fact that you are not even on any kind of scholarship for your Masters give credence to the fact say you no too sabi book or your course of study is...well...not much in demand..

My point is... Don't sell your mother's house and grave site on a directionless whim... Do your research and be sure you have at least an 80% chance of being allowed to work in the abroad before you commit yourself... Because you will understand real wahala when you come back to Nigeria with a piece of paper that many other people have and are still jobless, and still end up being homeless.. .
Bro I no get money, but I will buy you beer for this. Him no get any finance backup, na to sell the little one available hahaha, guy will regret later after d give am the white paper.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by armyofone(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
maths1000:
U will never be successful even if u go to America for masters... If u do that.. Yiur children will do worse to u when u die... Are u even normal... With her grave in it.... U want to sell it... Can't yiu work and buikd yours ratger than selling your mother's sweat... Lazy bastard.. Eveb the masters u will not get it

You passing curse -
In this age of people doing cremation or requesting to be cremated ?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by armyofone(m): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Get professionals to exhume and give her a resting place at a nice protected burial ground. A place you can easily visit and lay flowers plus bring your future family to.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by NUHUUSMAN(m): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
why don't you try rent it out instead.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by davillian(m): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2022
How much ? Location and state and what documents do you have for the building
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by saxoholic1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
Don't ever sell your mum's grave.... U are an Igbo boy... U can succeed 100% without selling your mum and property..... If you try it... You won't succeed.... I be Igbo boy and I talk to u based on culture and traditions.....
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by shegzydave(m): 11:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
u will live to regret it in your entire life if you sell the house
well i beg u in the name of God dont sell it
must u do a pay job? cant you raise money and do business

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.