Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41340 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Topmaike007(m): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2022
buygala:
What shall it profit you that you sell the house to fund your Masters and then come back to Nigeria and be homeless?

Note that the doing Masters in the UK doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to work there after studies.. They will mostly collect your money, give you an MSC, and put you back on the plane to Murtala Muhammed Airport grin

From your statement that you are teaching in a private school, I guess it is safe to assume that your course of study isn't very marketable like the Medical sciences or Engineering... Or that you are not brilliant enough or lucky enough for well-paying companies to employ you.. The fact that you are not even on any kind of scholarship for your Masters give credence to the fact say you no too sabi book or your course of study is...well...not much in demand..

My point is... Don't sell your mother's house and grave site on a directionless whim... Do your research and be sure you have at least an 80% chance of being allowed to work in the abroad before you commit yourself... Because you will understand real wahala when you come back to Nigeria with a piece of paper that many other people have and are still jobless, and still end up being homeless.. .
kelechi20007 listen to this man please listen to this man I beg you listen to this man

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by JumpShots: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Get a chance to work and earn 75,000 Naira by just working from home every month

Offering:

Earn 75,000 Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this

Hurry up and apply today

Send in your application via WhatsApp to 0-7-0-5-4-0-1-1-4-5-4

It's strictly on first come, first serve basis..

Good Luck
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LillyandDaisy: 11:06am On Apr 27, 2022
But what if your mum doesn’t build her self a house Won’t you make it? Bro wise up!! Hustle for yourself and pray!
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by marenkurz: 11:07am On Apr 27, 2022
A bird at hand is better than millions in the bush.
I will say don't sell the house. There is a high chance that you will live as illegal immigrant after your masters. Doing odd jobs on the run. It does not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Haywhyluv: 11:08am On Apr 27, 2022
buygala:
What shall it profit you that you sell the house to fund your Masters and then come back to Nigeria and be homeless?

Note that the doing Masters in the UK doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to work there after studies.. They will mostly collect your money, give you an MSC, and put you back on the plane to Murtala Muhammed Airport grin

From your statement that you are teaching in a private school, I guess it is safe to assume that your course of study isn't very marketable like the Medical sciences or Engineering... Or that you are not brilliant enough or lucky enough for well-paying companies to employ you.. The fact that you are not even on any kind of scholarship for your Masters give credence to the fact say you no too sabi book or your course of study is...well...not much in demand..

My point is... Don't sell your mother's house and grave site on a directionless whim... Do your research and be sure you have at least an 80% chance of being allowed to work in the abroad before you commit yourself... Because you will understand real wahala when you come back to Nigeria with a piece of paper that many other people have and are still jobless, and still end up being homeless.. .

Your advice is too confrontational, is it only medicine and Engineering students that are making it, learn to give reply to topic like this
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by nesgeeek(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2022
Don't sell it. u can use it to get loan. selling is not the best option.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by macphilip: 11:17am On Apr 27, 2022
Was it your mother's wish to be buried in her land?
Answer that question first?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by quickly: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

Going abroad does not alway guarantee success at the end of the day.

You will look nice in brand new clothes and perhaps fresh if u live in cold climes.

Abroad is heavily taxed and the system is not designed to make anyone rich just ok
Till they retire and dependent

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by calcal: 11:20am On Apr 27, 2022
Keep the house. God bless you
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by ba2remagaji: 11:20am On Apr 27, 2022
I advice you not to sell the house becouse she buihld the house for u so that u will not suffer in the future.better of u lease it for a number of years rather than selling it
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by AyatAsua: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2022
The dead are consciuos of nothing..,
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by ba2remagaji: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2022
By selling it and removing her corpse from the grave is a taboo and a course upon u.her spirit will never forgive u .
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Greazyman99: 11:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Most people on this forum are dead stupid ! She’s dead and gone already, you people probably don’t understand the concept of being dead !
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by DrDunamis(m): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Apply for a state academic loan which you'll easily get and while in the UK you could work per time your program. You don't need to sell the house even worse is that your mum is buried there. Honour the resting place of her body

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Rapture4real(m): 11:29am On Apr 27, 2022
So gbadun?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Litmus: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

OP Do not sell your house. Do not dishonor your mother. Do not take the advice of Niaralanders that are the advocates for Japa. If you'd asked, "should I amputate my left leg and arm and sell it to Ritualists for money to fund my masters in the Ukraine?" they would advise you to do so and with all seriousness too.

Keep your house, don't tamper with your mother's resting place, find money to fund your masters degree. If you are determined enough, you'll find the money.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:37am On Apr 27, 2022
Ha ha ha. Why should I stress myself trying to become someone when I was given an education that is useful to me, and also other benefits? You think everyone like to blow their trumpet? After selling your mother's grave' and blowing the money' on futility, you are back to square', shame' on you. I am 100% sure you are a Yahoo boy, the things you say here has exposed' you. Failed son' who traded his mother's one week grave. Cursed' motherfucker'...
yassinattah:
Your hypocrisy is second to none.

At least it’s better than selling my mamas property than you looking for a way to go to Dubai to eat faeces of rich Arab men through mouth and sleep with their camels and animals just cos you need the money to slay on Instagram since you don’t have the means of selling your dads property to live large.

The day of reckoning will come for you and you ll be exposed.

Goofy ass mofo

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Ofolete: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �

Bros go to FCMB and take loan with that house and sponsor your travelling. In the next 1yr and 6months you will be able to clear the loan and reclaim your land. Don't sell that house. You will be glad that you did. Please do this.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Allboiz: 11:45am On Apr 27, 2022
Deering1008:
Don’t try it. I used my entire life savings to study in the uk. They took all my money and still taking it. You will chase bills till forever. Raise money and start a business in Nigeria ��

You once championed the japa movement. What happened to UK? Why the sudden change of thought

Please enlighten us
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Aboguede(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2022
Let me help u.

Continue with ur current teacher work and go learn hand work after school. Almaco, furniture, or simple thing like barbing salon.

Then take loan with the house and start at a better level.

Note: it is not always as straightforward as it may seem on that abroad, forget the deception ooh.

Don't also rush into marriage or love story but be wise because many ladies today in 9ja are looking for a short cut and they heartless ooh shocked

Kelechi20007:

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by GoodSerpent: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2022
why not selling it and fund business with it, that is if you have a business plan, school is a business enterprise, they may collect on your money and you still wont have better job, only to come back Nigeria and continue your teaching job.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by BlackBarbie007(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2022
You already got admission, why no try to get a scholarship before thinking of selling the house. There are tens of them in the UK that you might get one. Just try bro.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Naijaolosho2: 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Exactly you'll offend her and she'll never forgive you. Hence,you may never make it in the UK or wherever you go. I can't even sell my house because of the children talkless of what's not my sweat. OP use your head.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
This is what I will advice you to do. Take a loan from a Bank then use the house as Collateral while you rent the house out to tenant while you're away. By so doing you're winning in both ways. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by nini007(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

You can get professionals to pack the remains of your mother. This is done very well as you wont be the first and the last to do this. That solves the issue.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Btruth: 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
My answer is capital NO! God will make a better ways for you in Jesus name. UK doesn't worth all the hype. Even citizens there too are complaining everyday.

It is well.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by greggng: 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

You are not worthy of that admission . A real graduate should have good analytical mind set and think out of the box. Is an abomination to do such a thing. You can find a way to reachout to rich Nigerians and celebrity . Visit their page dm them ...find friend and well wishers to tag them on your behave . All you need is their attention. You can start by twitting davido , dj cuppy, Don jazzy etc. Write a compelling statement like ...May I never lose my admission where kind hearted people like Don jazzy, cuppy and many more dey .is my wish you come to my aid ...if possible post the admission letter for them to see. By the time your friends who are following this people start commenting...baba God for answer you . You can find away to visit your state to see your governor or your rep members.. don't ask me how ...make your research on how to do that ...All you needed is to dress well approach govt office ...have a chat we someone around their on how to go about it .You might get a recommendation letter from your king ...There are many things u need to do .Even from your church ...Selling that land is not an option especially since it has someone's body on it .I rest here

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by deebrownneymar: 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Go and sell the property own for the Master’s. Lazy person.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Litmus: 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2022
When I was in Nigeria, and if you examined it thoroughly, it become apparent that chronic poverty and lack of local opportunity wasn't the whole truth of the matter, Nigerians wanted to travel abroad because it felt as if living in Africa secluded one from the rest of the world where some vague notion of Real Life Living was taking place. The relationship was akin to Village versus The City. Africa was like the Village and the West the City. Now however we have the internet. The internet has further integrated the world after the era of cheaper air-flights and globalisation. Africa is now no longer as isolated and removed from contemporary world issues as before. In a manner of speaking , you can work (and even play) from Nigeria for New York, Tokyo and London. You probably could school from Nigeria in Harvard or Oxford. And if Meta, the platform formerly known as Facebook, isn't destroyed by fashionable dislike for Mark, it will lead the knew revolution, the VR revolution, that will further integrate mankind.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Stanweezy(m): 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2022
No try am, is more like u sold ur mum for money
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by omoharry(f): 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
It depend. Where do you intend to rebury her? Does she have a family compound where she can be reburied? If yes the remove your mother from the house and rebury her in her family's property and lay a tomb on it. She must be respected in life and in death so as to honor her memory
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by linearity: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
jahson19:
My guy sell am,you can make an agreement with the buyer to move the grave to your village and bury her there, but if it will b a bother, forget it, your mother will understand

Na for which person house or compound him go bury am for village.

Your parents huzzled and we’re able to build a House and that is where they were rightly lay to rest and you are asking people if you should sell it?

Ask yourself? What was your mother’s wishes? Will your mother support the move? Agreed, they have passed, but the House was the sweat of their labor.

And as someone else said, getting a master even in UK does not guarantee anything, what have you achieved with your bachelors? If you can’t get a job, create one for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.