Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41337 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Akeem79(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Land grabbers everywhere
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Munamoqel: 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
why not use the house as collateral .take up a loan and fund you uk waka then used the two year PSW visa work to pay back .with that is. a win win .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by babyoy(f): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Pray about it, allow the holy spirit to direct you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by onukwube1: 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Don’t

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 64kent: 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
What is the size of the land .......you could sell a part of it
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Scrupulous419(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
SEGLIZ:
this about to get interesting, my chair to learn.

Mugu spotted.. op please sell it o!. After all ur late mother was about to sell it before she met her demise.

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Tapasco(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Yes nah
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by AyarmBoye(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Best bet is to exhume her remains and bury her somewhere else...... never ever sell the house with ur mum in its soil......
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by maths1000: 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Uk immigration policy now is very tough.. Agents will decive you...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Cutehector(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
The Son of Man does not own a place of his own to lay his head.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Godstiger(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
it doesn't matter,there is no connection b/w the dead and the living so live on
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by MrPADDY(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Ask your elders in the village

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Phantom042: 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

What happens if after your masters things don't work? Where do u start from? U applied for Masters without any source of funding. Does your career choice guarantee a job in the UK when you're done? That house is literally the only thing you have and if you sell it and things don't work out in the UK, you'll blame yourself.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Remman(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?
i sold my compound with my parent's and grand parent's grave in it when i needed a new beginning. If you are planning to be praying on her grave or be remembering her for ages, don't sell it. Instead rent it. As for the UK movement, be very sure it will be possible before you sell the house and lose everything.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Bad idea. I wouldn't advise that you sell your Mum's house especially since it is a place she is buried, because of a UK masters. That is a no no for me.

I advise you find another source.

Modified. You can rent the house or lease it or use it as collateral for a loan. Getting abmission in a UK Uni does not guarantee Visa, getting Visa does not guarantee stay or job either. Then you may end up loosing on both end. My friend, think twice.

Besides, this is the only property of your late mother, her legacy. Lease it or rent it out or use as collateral are better choices.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by mustyMustapha01: 8:14am On Apr 27, 2022
You cn go ahead, do necessary things.

Leave masters alone, who master help.
Go for another greener pasture.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by JDelight(m): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2022
Sell the house buy small land from the money then relocate her grave there try to build small house even if it's a room self con so someone can be living there.

Best Wishes.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 27, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Them don start with cock and bull stories this morning.....

Don't sell the house....
Continue hustling in Nigeria...

If you sell the house, the money will finish one day...
There won't be anybody to support you...

Na when life go tire you well well...

We go cum dey hear
Nigerian student jumps from 250 storey building lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Stay for naija and hustle
Raataman.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Blackbishop(m): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2022
As much as we as African are more deep rooted in our cultural belief of not selling such property, and I strongly support but in your situation I have another option for you get a loan and make the house a collateral.

With that its a win win for you and your mum

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by hemucology(m): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2022
maths1000:
U will never be successful even if u go to America for masters... If u do that.. Yiur children will do worse to u when u die... Are u even normal... With her grave in it.... U want to sell it... Can't yiu work and buikd yours ratger than selling your mother's sweat... Lazy bastard.. Eveb the masters u will not get it

Aye le ooo
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Richy4(m): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2022
You can relocate the remains of your mother to another location if you desperately wants to sell... But I will suggest that you don't sell it...

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2022
Oma de wa ga o undecided
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by ChiefBee: 8:16am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

1. Can you divide the property into two? Sell the place that does not have you late mother's grave. If that's possible.
2. If the course you're going to study for masters in the UK isn't part of the UK government's shortage occupation list or related to tech, don't sell the house.
Either ways, don't sell the house. Masters no really help anybody. Learn a tech skill (excel, data analysis, UI/UX, graphic design, wordpress, motion design, software development, web development, etc). Anyone your brain can carry.
I hope you make the right decision at the end of the day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by olufikayo2306: 8:16am On Apr 27, 2022
This is deep... I will advise you play safe by borrowing money from friends and family to selling the land... When you get to the UK, you will be able to repay the loan and you can let the house and collect the rent to support yourself over there... God will guide you because UK is expensive and you may regret selling the house in 2 years time after your Masters Degree because selling it now will be a distress one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by AyarmBoye(m): 8:16am On Apr 27, 2022
Olayetan:
No one will buy it with the grave, you will have to exhume it and buy her somewhere else.

lols lands in Lagos cities will be bought even if nah cemetery....them no get joy for here

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by funbamby(m): 8:16am On Apr 27, 2022
If you have the original documents of the house. You can use to apply for a termed loan in the bank. Rent out the Apartment as well to generate funds so that you can also be funding the loan with some of the money generated from the rent.Schooling in UK has lots of uncertainties that you will find out when you get there don't put all your eggs in one basket. Selling the house is a bad choice be wise

9 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by bluebay(m): 8:16am On Apr 27, 2022
Not a bad idea, according to what yiu want to hear . But ask yourself this question, After the Masters in the UK, what next? You come back to nigeria looking for a Job that’s not promised to you. It’s best you restructure your plans . Use the money to start a good business then think of your masters later . I see no reasons for masters when you struggling and yet to own a business .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Qatar2022: 8:17am On Apr 27, 2022
C2Ok:
Doesn’t really seem like a wise decision to me…
Why not use it to get loan from a bank
What if he can't repay the loan?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by SmileDance(f): 8:17am On Apr 27, 2022
How big is the house? Can you sell part of the land,? Is it possible you rent it out? Can you get a loan and also use the money you get from the rent to pay the loan?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by janvier27(m): 8:18am On Apr 27, 2022
If you must sell, relocate her remains to a public cemetery or any other better option you have.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by seunayantokun(m): 8:18am On Apr 27, 2022
Re-bury her decently and sell the house, OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL. Even the gods and goddesses of our land are relocated when it is necessary for good development.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by chigoziri2403(m): 8:18am On Apr 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked
are you explaining a movie scene

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.