Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41336 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by HRMK: 9:55am On Apr 27, 2022
TRASH,BALDERDASH AND ARRANT NONSENSE!SELL WHAT THE POOR WOMAN SWEATED FOR TO PURSUE MASTERS DEGREE COURSE?AKOTILETA!ARUNGUN!AJELERUN!U ARE NOT DIFFERENT FROM BIBLICAL PRODIGAL SON!SIMPLY TOO BAD!!
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nackzy: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Guy man no sell that house, look for funding somwhere else, use the house as collateral and get a good loan, get to UK start schooling and working at the same time as if theres no tomorrow, use that money to service the loan here in Nigeria, until you're done paying
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by koyyess: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Very sad dilemma. embarassed
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by GGirll: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2022
I had a friend that did her Masters in the UK and came back for a greener pastures. Her mum knows GEJ's mum as she usually patronize her mum who deals in Indian laces and all manner of expensive fabrics in Abuja. Her family also knows Ekweremadu n she even went to his office with her outstanding credentials but was told they can't employ her because she's too qualified and has degrees than them so it's impossible. At the end, because she's from a rich family, one of her big uncle's who owns companies in Lagos employed her as an M.D. with luxury car new one and made her an executive in the company where she works till date. So going to UK for a study is not a guarantee for a well paying job. Instead, go to the US or Canada, cos you can be allowed to work when you are through if you perform well but UK will not allow you once your study is completed.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2022
You have just described the things you do in secret'. Your imaginations' and comments' speaks volumes of who you are....a Yahoo.boy. If your mother didn't leave property for you, you would have ended up as a broke' loser' for life. As for me, we are doing well, we don't need to sell where our precious dad's grave yard before we can make it. Even after selling your mom's grave..yard you have still turned out as a yahoiboy/loser'. You know the things you described in this comment I quoted, are the things I read you broke' losers' do with corpse' to get rich'. Maybe the spirit' of your mom' is truly after you'. Cursed'' son'.
yassinattah:

Thank you,at least I give charity in her name,celebrate her post humous birthday and go to pray for her in her grave which is enough.

As for you,I ll advice you take up a job as a mortuary attendant in a grave yard close to you,so u empathize and cry with the dead very well,who knows you may lay with a male corpse that is still having erection so you honour the corpse by copulating with it out of your share sympathy and gesture of good faith.

Na the devil in human form wey we dey talk be this
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Malawian(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2022
All these 20 years lease/build arrangements, why not tap into it?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2022
There is a reason she is buried there for memories and her legacy.. you should not sell the house for any reason.. look for a loan and use the rent to finance it.. make sure the loan has a good tenor... Secondly if you sell the house, are you ready to move the remains if the new owners refuse it being there...

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by achimendy(m): 10:03am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

I think relocating the casket to another site before sell will be better. But don't do the mistake of selling the house with her corpse there. Talk to your family people or pastor before doing it .
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by ibinaboonline: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Your head will calm down after selling off that house. Masters, my foot. I’m sure Elon Musk who paid $44 billion to buy Twitter has a Masters Degree. Where are you living now? Your decision is ultimately yours but I’d say, thread wisely.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by splashbaby(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Laren24:

No matter how much you think you are wise, you're still very stupid for insulting thinking you're giving him advice. Again, if you don't have better things to tell the guy don't insult him. Bastard!
Oloriburuku ni e to think your name sound Yoruba even make it worst to think your dysfunctional upbringing can be brought out in the open in this manner. What is insulting to tell him the truth.

A person with proper home training will not consider selling his or her parents property with their grave in it...here the mother failed. The action is the reflection of training the parent gave him, which obviously is terrible for moulding a man to that state. A mad man like you will never find it even more insultive for a proper man to think this way.

May your children sell you and your grave when you are dead. Eranko, ole. Stupid generation without home training....You still wonder why many of you die prematurely this days.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by tsnoop(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Don’t sell the house you might regret it later

What if your mom doesn’t have any properties wouldn’t you think of another way out

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by babtoundey(m): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

I am in your shoes. In fact, your narration speaks true of my situation. I recently got admission to pursue my Masters degree in one USA university. The challenge is money and i don't even have a pen to sell. All I bank on is Assistantship. If it doesn't click, I can't come and kill MAself.

You don't have to sell your mother's grave for any material gain. It's something you will regret till the time you take your last breath. You might be the only son, your mother's existence doesn't live in your memory alone. Your mother have siblings, friends and family and all of them won't forgive you for taking such step. Keep exploring other opportunities. There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by id4sho(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Big fool, ur mumu never do? Assuming she never had a property in her lifetime, will you go and sell the public graveyard where ur mum was buried. Think well, must you do MSC in UK
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by mischievous(m): 10:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Only thing I can advice you bro ensure the masters you are going for will ensure you have a work visa after studies so you won’t be back home with nothing.

Kelechi20007:

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Ola14(m): 10:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
you are wicked soul, selling your mother's house with her grave?, Haba what of if your mother did not struggle to build the house before she died?, You will come and sell my mother's house because you wan go UK, I happened to be in the same situation,my father died in 1988 and was buried in his that he struggled to build for us but never sleep in it for one day,the house is located at Ibadan-Lagos expressway, some buyers came to buy the house about 10 years ago for 4m,we insisted not but today now they are still pricing for 12m, we also planning to erect shopping complex at the front because it face the expressway and we are even getting small change for maintenance,zero your mind from selling the house, try to hustle more and God will open ways for you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by SIMONEKPA7: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2022
Lightorder:
so the only sin your late mum committed was leaving a house for you. Why not assume that you don’t have such property to sell. Why is it that people in Lagos do this a lot. Behind my own house, they sold part of their family house. Their mum was buried in a tenant’s bedroom. People knew when they sold part of the living room and carved out the rented bedroom. Where I come from , it is never done
You are quoting the wrong person. I am not the OP

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by oyebanji(m): 10:22am On Apr 27, 2022
If you can approach a bank to give you a loan, use the house as collateral and pay the loan back in instalments, it may be a better solution.

Kelechi20007:

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 77up(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2022
It's very simple , just dig out the remain to cemetery.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yassinattah(m): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Your hypocrisy is second to none.

At least it’s better than selling my mamas property than you looking for a way to go to Dubai to eat faeces of rich Arab men through mouth and sleep with their camels and animals just cos you need the money to slay on Instagram since you don’t have the means of selling your dads property to live large.

The day of reckoning will come for you and you ll be exposed.

Goofy ass mofo

LilMissFavvy:
You have just described the things you do in secret'. Your imaginations' and comments' speaks volumes of who you are....a Yahoo.boy. If your mother didn't leave property for you, you would have ended up as a broke' loser' for life. As for me, we are doing well, we don't need to sell where our precious dad's grave yard before we can make it. Even after selling your mom's grave..yard you have still turned out as a yahoiboy/loser'. You know the things you described in this comment I quoted, are the things I read you broke' losers' do with corpse' to get rich'. Maybe the spirit' of your mom' is truly after you'. Cursed'' son'.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked
You're a bandit shocked
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by olumzzz(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2022
buygala:
What shall it profit you that you sell the house to fund your Masters and then come back to Nigeria and be homeless?

Note that the doing Masters in the UK doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to work there after studies.. They will mostly collect your money, give you an MSC, and put you back on the plane to Murtala Muhammed Airport grin

From your statement that you are teaching in a private school, I guess it is safe to assume that your course of study isn't very marketable like the Medical sciences or Engineering... Or that you are not brilliant enough or lucky enough for well-paying companies to employ you.. The fact that you are not even on any kind of scholarship for your Masters give credence to the fact say you no too sabi book or your course of study is...well...not much in demand..

My point is... Don't sell your mother's house and grave site on a directionless whim... Do your research and be sure you have at least an 80% chance of being allowed to work in the abroad before you commit yourself... Because you will understand real wahala when you come back to Nigeria with a piece of paper that many other people have and are still jobless, and still end up being homeless.. .
Oga C&B, there's a 2 year postgraduate work permit for international students that study in UK.
That's what peeps use to settle in
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Laren24(m): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2022
splashbaby:
Oloriburuku ni e to think your name sound Yoruba even make it worst to think your dysfunctional upbringing can be brought out in the open in this manner. What is insulting to tell him the truth.

A person with proper home training will not consider selling his or her parents property with their grave in it...here the mother failed. The action is the reflection of training the parent gave him, which obviously is terrible for moulding a man to that state. A mad man like you will never find it even more insultive for a proper man to think this way.

May your children sell you and your grave when you are dead. Eranko, ole. Stupid generation without home training....You still wonder why many of you die prematurely this days.

From your write up shows the kind of person you are. Im still telling you just thinking you sound rational but you're not. You're still a very stupid individual, with a malfunctioning brain to bring insult to the topic in the first place while the OP was just asking of humble opinion on what to do on the issue. But what do you do? You brought insult to the topic and still continue doing so. That's to show you're a mentally deranged person. If you can't give an opinion, you don't need to carry and start bullcrap. Mr unwoke bastard. Shut the F up! Bastard!

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Maghan37: 10:35am On Apr 27, 2022
Bro a Masters program in the U.K or any were in the World does not guarantee you success future. Most rich people you see today apart from the google brothers do not have more than a degree. If i may, I will suggest you open your eyes out for hustle and leave your mothers house in peace. Nigeria may not be the most conducive environment but it still has its opportunities. I suggest You develop the mentality of an entrepreneur rather than one that wants to work for someone.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Tuns20(m): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2022
maths1000:
U will never be successful even if u go to America for masters... If u do that.. Yiur children will do worse to u when u die... Are u even normal... With her grave in it.... U want to sell it... Can't yiu work and buikd yours ratger than selling your mother's sweat... Lazy bastard.. Eveb the masters u will not get it

With due respect to the dead because we once shared something with them..Tell that to the children of corpses that were desecrated during road constructions, some
Major establishments..His mother is resting in peace..He should exhume her on the consent of family members and give her a reburial in a cemetery..He should forge Ahead with his life because the dead stays Dead..There are lots of what if’s..mom c could have sold the house if she was alive, she could have sold the house for your master’s program..we all know what moms are capable of..but your future is paramount here because you’re still Breathing..Keyword “BREATHING”.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by cheeketo(f): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2022
dake40:
Selling the house with your mom's grave doesn't sound too pleasant IMH.

- Have you thought of taking a loan from the bank with the house documents as collateral?
- Do you have any skill or business in mind?. If you mention this, maybe someone will come up with a better idea. Remember, the grass is not always green on the other side
Do you such bank that can give loan with landed properties as collateral? Pls let me know if you do. Most banks this days only give loan to people with regular cash flow in their account without collateral. So we with small business without big income can not collect tangible loan.

Well, if selling the house is the only option.

Be sure the course you're going to study is worth it and put all your efforts to get better grades

Goto your mum's grave and pour out your heart to her (this will you feel better) . Promise her you'd put the money into good use. Be sure you're going to use it to further your education and strive hard to get a better future for yourself, this is the only way you your Mind/spirit won't taunt you in the future

All the best
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by splashbaby(m): 10:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Laren24:

From your write up shows the kind of person you are. Im still telling you just thinking you sound rational but you're not. You're still a very stupid individual, with a malfunctioning brain to bring insult to the topic in the first place while the OP was just asking of humble opinion on what to do on the issue. But what do you do? You brought insult to the topic and still continue doing so. That's to show you're a mentally deranged person. If you can't give an opinion, you don't need to carry and start bullcrap. Mr unwoke bastard. Shut the F up! Bastard!
What rational thinking is selling your parent property with their grave in it?...the indiscretion bothers on laziness, poor parenting and greed which unfortunately captured your own wierd foolish thinking and upbringing as well. What gave you the audacity to caution me when you are very stupid with your comments and vituperation. Getting woked does not mean stupidity and insanity.

What stupid opinion is selling your mother's grave amount to?, what manner of a man will ask for opinions on this kind of matter without conscience? Who delight in tampering with the dead for pecuniary gains? only a mad man with greed and insane upbringing like your lot. What kind of a man will support him, stupid people like you of course? Someone that should be shamed publicly for thinking in that manner..

Like I have said before, your children will do same to your grave, even before you die. Flippant like you are keen to go down the lane of destruction. Do you know the reason why people go mad, this is one reason and you've bought one for yourself for being uncouth. Ole, thief...set awon grave rippers, what is the difference between you and those exhuming human bodies for spiritual wealth...I repeat you be real Oloroburuku...your parents and siblings should be ashamed of you. There no end to your greediness.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by cheeketo(f): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2022
Do you such bank that can give loan with landed properties as collateral? Pls let me know if you do. Most banks this days only give loan to people with regular cash flow in their account without collateral. So we with small business without big income can not collect tangible loan.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Okwyjesus(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �

Who does that. There are millions of successful Nigerians without UK masters.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by buygala(m): 10:49am On Apr 27, 2022
olumzzz:

Oga C&B, there's a 2 year postgraduate work permit for international students that study in UK.
That's what peeps use to settle in

Is that work permit granted as a matter of course?

If na so e easy, why do so many Nigerian students come back home and starr trekking around Lagos jobhunting?

Face issue on ground
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by poh10(m): 10:49am On Apr 27, 2022
pls, don't do that instead do some prayer for mother she will provide for you, trust me it works.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Testimony1988(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2022
You can't sell it.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by olumzzz(m): 10:59am On Apr 27, 2022
buygala:

Is that work permit granted as a matter of course?

If na so e easy, why do so many Nigerian students come back home and starr trekking around Lagos jobhunting?

Face issue on ground
You're a lawyer sir.
I expect you to argue with facts.
The law is in place but it was newly introduced

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.