Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41339 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Kaybex007(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2022
selling your mother's house for master in UK doesn't guarantee you a better life, it can only increase your chances of having a better life, don't you have tenants in the house, if not, look for who to lease it to. what if you finish your study and you don't get a job there after the two years grace given to you by the government, then you come back home to nothing. it's not a good decision and will never be, so many people have sold their properties all in the name of traveling and at the end of the day they come back to meet nothing and also come along with nothing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by ultimatekint(m): 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2022
The woman is dead ,dust had been given to dust, ; pack some sand and bury her in another location. And go and face your future.
No big deal in that. Nigeria doesn't worth staying ooooooo!
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by sherlock229(m): 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2022
Pay people to exhume her body and bury her in a cemetery like normal people... This is done everywhere else in the world, no ghost is gonna haunt anywhere it's all superstition
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by ogwuche4u(m): 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2022
I rather suffer and strive for better days than sell my mom's house. Don't be deceived, uk is not as rossy as they paint it to be. From all you have Said, you are not financially capable to study in the UK. How do you plan to survive after paying all bills?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by purejustice36: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
Never sell that house
That house holds so many memories which money can’t buy
That grave of ur mom holds so many memories which money can’t buy

What’s the essence of selling the house in order to pursue a better life in the Uk only to regret later when you’ve made it ?

Go to the bank you’re banking with
Get a loan from them and use the house as a collateral , it’s that simple
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by chigoizie7(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

Why not take a soft loan using the property as a collateral?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Johnsown1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2022
Is that the only property that you inherited from her and how are you sure that you will be successful abroad after selling the said property because if not; therefore you will become homeless.
So I suggest you think well,plan well and execute well.
The sound that coconut makes doesn't guarantee it's sweetness.
Don't cross the ocean with two legs at once.

Why don't you seek financial support from peers and families.

In other news I wish you success in your survival pursuit because this country is not funny.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Montaque(m): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
Lease it nau. 10/15 years lease will help you in the long run
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 1Sharon(f): 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
If this story is real.

Does it mean you didnt like your mother when alive? No crime in that but if you did like her, why wouldn't you want to be able to visit her grave?

If you sell the house, how would you be able to visit her grave?

And also, who would want to buy a house with a grave? You know how fearful our people are about death.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by SILVERLINES: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?
buddy we understand your plight, we selling your mother's grave is a no no
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by freddie009(m): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
Una when they say hustle in Nigeria, I know people doing well with their own house and solid business relocating their family to the UK, even those with good careers relocating to Canada. They there they hustle.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by demoBaba: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Getting admission in UK is the first step...... it's not all student that got admission in UK that got visa approval. So get your visa first before considering selling that house. Talking from experience bro.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by seyenko(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
Please sell and move your mum to a private gated cemetery, leave Nigeria and don't come back

Kelechi20007:

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Zeezenho: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Sell am joor no be you be the first.one Igbo man go buy am. then you dig up your mum for your afonja brothers to harvest for 50k.

Las las na we go buy una ancestors grave. Shameless people your mama wey no go secondary school,she hustle born and train you to university even build house join.now you wey get degree shamelessly want to sell her grave. All this sophisticated skullers sef.

Let me give you finance 101 lecture. Use the house as collateral for loan that you need for your studies and little rehab on the property then rent it out to new tenant the fresh cash plus the money you will be making while you work in uk will be enough to pay off the loan.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 1Sharon(f): 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2022
pembisco:
As If money will start falling from heaven after he's done with the Masters. What your BSc is unable to give you na Masters go give you? Abi you think because you study Masters in UK every other Job out there is yours? Masters is not for finding Job oga.

You're spot on. As soon as they've given her the masters, they'll hurry her out of the country. The rules have changed. Students can no longer stay after studying.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 1Sharon(f): 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Why should you sell a the house your mom was buried? What if she didn't keep that house for you? When you applied for the VISA didn't you know you do not have the finances to relocate. If the house is dilapidated, go to a bank and get some loan, with the loan you can renovate the house and rent it out, then pay off the loan with part of the rent money.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 1Sharon(f): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked

How does one embrace a spirit?

1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by SilvanusII(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2022
Nigga, I'm sorry about your loss, but I doubt that even she would want you to remain in this country. I only need to you to be sure that you have gained the admission before you start dropping money for two reasons - so you don't dip hands into the money unnecessarily and to ascertain you are not scammed. God bless you. May your mother's orí guide you
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 1Sharon(f): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:
You can relocate her grave to a cemetery so she has another resting place. People move corpses all the time all over the world, its only in Nigeria people think its taboo.

After moving her body and saying prayers to her in her new home, then you can sell the house and proceed with your plans on your future.

I wouldn't advise you to sell the house with your mom still buried on it. You have no idea what the new owner wants to do with it. If they turn it to a factory for example, and place their generator on your moms grave, do you want to mom to be listening to the sound of generators and factory machines every day from her grave? She wont be happy with you if you do that, so move her first.

1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by idu1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
Don't sale the house on wild goose chase.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by tomju2(f): 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

1. Your mum is dead. She, her spirit or anything related to her cannot hurt you or anyone.
2. The dead are conscious of nothing at all.
3. If you choose to sell the house, sell it.
4. If you cannot sell, use it to get a loan and further your education.
5. Don't let people deceive you with dead spirit bun kum. They are simply lies.

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
Nackzy:
Guy man no sell that house, look for funding somwhere else, use the house as collateral and get a good loan, get to UK start schooling and working at the same time as if theres no tomorrow, use that money to service the loan here in Nigeria, until you're done paying

listen to this advice. its better not to incur generational curses kos of paper doc that doesnt have anything to do with sucess but Grace and chance.. UK OR NOT.. IF U WANNA SUCCEED, U WILL

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �

U called your mum sweat dilapidated building abi. which one have u built?? see ee. not everyone that travels abroad, school abroad makes it. also you jjst assumed the UK is the place u can make money stressfree.. well. this is a bad precedent for u.. what have you been doing? teaching abi. we have seen people who have no parents, families or anything to fall back on but they work there heads up and are successful.. u have been cinditioned to think UK MASTERS will make u successful and selling your mums house is the key.. U are a complete f00l.. how must you think this way. get your brains active, ransack the web, develop yourself mentally and socially.. get engaged in other skills.. u dont have to sell what doesnt belong to u..
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by drnoel: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

What happened with exhuming the remains and moving it to a more suitable location
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by itu404(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
i am not in a profession that proffer solution to this kind of dilemma. Am a christian apologist. from your question you have made up your mind to go for it. Judging from the way you framed your problem; rosy picture of UK and a dismal situation here in Nigeria and the only option is selling that house. these are factors to consider
one, your spiritual background and influence of familiar spirit. One man sells his mother's furniture to start a printing business and became the publisher of the famed Ebony magazine and its subsidiaries. Another tried something similar and ended up committing suicide. One woman commits adultery and nothing happens to her or her husband, . Another did the same thing. She had to confess otherwise her children would have died and her husband, too. If you come from the later kind of family, familiar spirit would hunt you till you occupy the lowest ladder in degeneration in UK. Majek Fashek made it in Nigeria, but ended up miserable in the street of new york.
Two, you are an only child you have no qualms in selling where your mother is buried?
THREE UK is no bed of roses, indeed, no country is. [the poor you would have with you always, said Our lord Jesus]
SOLUTION empty yourself relax, cool down and forget it all. Then allow the holy spirit to talk to you. where your destiny lies.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by SocialJustice: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
I just saw this, have you sold it? Relocate her grave elsewhere if you want or just sell. Be wise how you use money though, do not go and pay your school fees in full. Ask the school the minimum you can pay and pay that. You will pay balance gradually when you get there from working.

Try to retain as much money from the sale to get you there. I wish you the best.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by adubam(m): 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2022
1Sharon:

You're spot on. As soon as they've given her the masters, they'll hurry her out of the country. The rules have changed. Students can no longer stay after studying.

No Ma. The new rule is that you can stay up to 2 years after study to look for jobs.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 1Sharon(f): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2022
adubam:

No Ma. The new rule is that you can stay up to 2 years after study to look for jobs.

Only 2?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by adubam(m): 2:40pm On Apr 27, 2022
1Sharon:

Only 2?

Off course before the end of the 2 years he would definitely get a job and have his stay extended by work permit
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by kokomilala(m): 2:40pm On Apr 27, 2022
Remove her remains. Get a motor hearse. Also,get a makeshift coffin to park her remains. Book a grave at a cemetery. Then,do the reburial. That was what I did to years ago for my late dad's remains.It was effortless. I got a motor hearse from General Hospital,I bought a grave at Mowo,along Badagry Expressway. I had got a digger ready to do most of the work on a Saturday night. The following day,a Sunday,during the lockdown,May 2020,we (myself and another person) had left Ikotun before 6 AM. At Igando,some policemen on the road delayed us,citing curfew rules. I had to leave,as the motor hearse was already wating for me some 50 meters away. When we got to Ojo,I exhumed his remains in no time. We got to Mowo and reburied him. We had reburied him before the person held by the policemen at Igando arrived. So,it's not a difficult thing,as my experience has shown.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by bizzibodi(m): 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hmm!let me see take a white cockerel to her kill it for her,then tell her your intentions,level the grave moves the stones away nobody will even know a grave is there.
Then sell it but give me my commission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.