Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution (18705 Views)

5 Things You Didn't Know That Drains Your Phone Battery / My New Infinix Hot 5 Battery Drains Fast / 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by goody234: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2022
there is an app you are using draining power ..look for it in battery usage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by pquaver(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2022
InternetWebM082:
Good morning everyone, of recent I discovered that my phone ba3 drains overnight wen am asleep without anyone operating the phone. The phone is TECNO SPARK 8C but it wasn't doing like this before, Last night my battery was 90% I woke up this morning and I saw it at 81%. But ever since I bought this phone each time I woke up I usually meet the battery per cent normal how it was before I slept.

So am thinking maybe I have mistakenly touched something in the settings. Please who can help me out I will be grateful if you give steps to stop this, thanks.

Have you thought of defect from manufacturer? Some times some things are not complicated. Something. Might be built to last 2 years but because of defect after 6 months it begins to give problems.. Your phone might be defektiv..
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Federalis: 10:39am On Apr 25, 2022
Baba, your phone battery don dey die be that.
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by colonelwealth(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2022
InternetWebM082:
Good morning everyone, of recent I discovered that my phone ba3 drains overnight wen am asleep without anyone operating the phone. The phone is TECNO SPARK 8C but it wasn't doing like this before, Last night my battery was 90% I woke up this morning and I saw it at 81%. But ever since I bought this phone each time I woke up I usually meet the battery per cent normal how it was before I slept.

So am thinking maybe I have mistakenly touched something in the settings. Please who can help me out I will be grateful if you give steps to stop this, thanks.

Your phone is probably bugged with viruses from the factory that's if it's still a new phone or recent buy.

Does your phone data connection turn on by itself ?, Does some app install by themselves whenever you go online ?, Does unwanted ads pop up on your phone screen by itself whenever you go online..?, Does your phone always feel hot when in use ?
If these are yes, then it's obvious a factory infection.

Check and uninstall any unwanted apps infact disable& deny those apps data access from your phones app settings. install apps cleaner that will clean up apps running at the background and cool your phone processors.

Also make sure you always put off your phone data connection when asleep.
Finally, check your phone charger type and electricity source for phone charging as it can greatly affect your phone battery.

But if your phone is not a new phone or recent buy, then your phone battery is getting weak, meaning you will need to change it.

With these steps in place, I believe it will help your situation.
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by lakeside79937: 10:41am On Apr 25, 2022
Back end data are running . Turn off your mobile internet data
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Johnchrix(m): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2022
Shut down the phone anytime you want to sleep, connection to mobile network drain's the battery, besides it's a normal thing for any phone that's being used for sometime, the battery is getting weaker by the day. Make sure u try using specified charger always and avoid charging with small generator.
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by iscom(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2022
Buy a power bank from me
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by gladdensir(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2022
Dem night mamas dey use your phone surf for night when you don sleep. We Don review your matter and the solution be say: you go buy seven red candles light am round your bed when you wan sleep. Nothing go do your battery percentage again. It is well with thee!

InternetWebM082:

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by SirZeek(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2022
Your snore is what is draining the battery
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by opera1(m): 11:08am On Apr 25, 2022
I think it's only Tecno manufacturer that are in the best position to answer this and proffer solution to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Sharonnyl(f): 11:09am On Apr 25, 2022
I used to have this problem. I restricted background apps, optimized battery usage for each app, still...

What I actually did that worked was, I switched on airplane mode and bedtime mood. With this, any percent the phone is at thee night before, is exactly how I meet it in the morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by cl0r0x: 11:13am On Apr 25, 2022
Adgurd= battery assassinator.
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Omobola121(f): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2022
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by InternetWebM082(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2022
Deicide:
It's your screen that's the problem. Turn off double tap to wake. Cause if you sleeping close to your phone your body fit day wake am.

How can I turn it off �??
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by InternetWebM082(m): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2022
angelfallz:
How long have you been using the phone? If it is more than 2 years then it is expected. Your battery capacity to retain charge diminishes with time.

Just 2months it's a new phone

1 Like

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by InternetWebM082(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2022
mrmayoh:
I had this issue early this year. I will have like 35% before going to bed around 11pm and on waking up I will have 3%. I was able to resolved this issue by following these steps below.

Thanks so much I appreciate
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by InternetWebM082(m): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2022
Chinny024:
The battery is becoming bad, I guess...Don't boot your phone while charging it..

Boost asin how?
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by SHOULDWETELLHIM: 11:21am On Apr 25, 2022
This is the person operating your phone at night.

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Deicide: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2022
InternetWebM082:

How can I turn it off �??
Go to settings then Display. You should see it there
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Oyiboman69: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2022
InternetWebM082:

Alright thanks but normally the phone doesn't hot, it's just normal hot, although I will still check, thanks for this anyway.
your battery don dey old...it becomes this way and avoid charging with small generator....
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by chrizzyace: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2022
Grandmeister:

As in eh. I can even leave my data on and sleep for 6 hours and it will drain 1-3 percent overall.

Lol iOS will always be ahead of android in so many ways na only camera them deh take get mouth. cheesy
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2022
Uninstall the ads blocker, it's drains battery a lot
If it's been a while you used the battery to 0%, try to use it to zero and charge to 100 from zero again
Reboot your phone once in a while too
Lastly, before you sleep, don't forget to close all apps working in the background
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Chinny024(f): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2022
InternetWebM082:

Boost asin how?

Don't turn-on instead.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2022
Buy new battery
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Godmademan(m): 11:53am On Apr 25, 2022
Start to prepare your money for a new battery. The signs are glaring. Your phone would soon be going off at 50% battery level.
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Mariangeles(f): 11:56am On Apr 25, 2022
InternetWebM082:

Stop charging your phone unnecessarily.
Avoid using your phone while it's charging.

Also, put your phone on airplane mode when you're about to sleep.
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Mariangeles(f): 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
Godmademan:
Start to prepare your money for a new battery. The signs are glaring. Your phone would soon be going off at 50% battery level.

If he follows some of the steps suggested, the battery strength will restore back in no time.
Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by unmask: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
InternetWebM082:

check your battery usage and see what is draining your battery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
Your wife is pressing it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thread For Android 5.0 Lollipop Users / Infinix Unveils The Zero 6 Flagship Device To Nigeria / The Agony Of Being A Glo Network User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.