Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency (11817 Views)

Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency / 2023 Presidency: Why Atiku, Wike Should Support South-East — Nwodo / Militants: We Won’t Support South-south Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by tamdun: 6:55am On Apr 28, 2022
Disclaimer12:
I still don't understand the agitation of South East, position is contested for and not given in a democracy, u have to build bridges across other ethnic group and religious groups, I wonder why they can't packaged APGA and have a credible candidate rather than dragging APC by the neck , the same APC that was called evil party for 8 years, the same APC every soul in South east hated with a passion, prior to APC unseating the almighty PDP, ACN like APGA was a regional political party , dominating only in the south west, the same TINUBU dey hated with passion was the same man that orchestrated the birth of APC by merging with a less popular CPC, why can't APGA think of doing something similar? Why can't u have APGA in Sokoto? What stop u from having an APGA office in Ibadan or MAKURDI? better learn how to play am inclusive politics rather than all these emotional blackmail, as far as I know , there has never been a time a South easterners voted or supported a South Western candidate, they never liked Awolowo, dey refuse to vote for Abiola in the freest election, they only voted for Obasanjo in 1999 because the Yoruba preferred Olu Falae, so I wonder who owe them a favour at this stage undecided
They only voted for obasanjo because we have two yoruba candidate, they had no choice but to chose 1

6 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Heavensent01(m): 6:55am On Apr 28, 2022
Islandlady:
grin

Okay we will support southeast in our dreams
I can't believe they will ever call us brothers...after all the insults, names calling, burning of bridges, now you need our support

No thanks, it's law of Moses...an eye for an eye
You reap what you sow grin

Igbo are just fooling around, even PDP they invested in politically will not give them ticket not to talk of APC they're in Minority

delusional tribe

7 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Agugbadin: 6:58am On Apr 28, 2022
Thief Kalu.
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by zoedew: 6:59am On Apr 28, 2022
Titaniumental:

Oh really? I love this logic,

Divide Nigeria and Lagos will still thrive millions of time more.

Energy you say? grin grin alot of developed world out their thriving way better than Nigeria and still living on energy from other countries,did you need names?

Don't let me even go far,let me use a case study of Ghana and Nigeria

Come to think of it,for example Ghana got their electricity from Nigeria, isn't it,and yet they enjoy more of that than even us grin grin

Manufacturing company move to Niger-delta? grin same Niger-Delta you and i know? Are you been serious right now? grin grin what stop those companies from moving there now?
The argument you just responded to is the basic reason other parts of Nigerian don’t trust the SE. ARROGANCE is the word!

5 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by BOYS2MEN: 6:59am On Apr 28, 2022
As onye abia state, orji uzor OTÚ TIWARAM NNE GI"... chukwu kpo gi oku...ewu!!! No b only equity n fairness ..na so your equity n fairness land abia state as a laughing stock....infact ikpu gbawa nne gí na nwunye gi...,OZU!!!!
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by CSTRR: 7:01am On Apr 28, 2022
Titaniumental:

Oh really? I love this logic,

Divide Nigeria and Lagos will still thrive millions of time more.

Energy you say? grin grin alot of developed world out their thriving way better than Nigeria and still living on energy from other countries,did you need names?

Don't let me even go far,let me use a case study of Ghana and Nigeria

Come to think of it,for example Ghana got their electricity from Nigeria, isn't it,and yet they enjoy more of that than even us grin grin

Manufacturing company move to Niger-delta? grin same Niger-Delta you and i know? Are you been serious right now? grin grin what stop those companies from moving there now?
You are completely deluded.

But it's okay.
When it happens, you go know what is up.
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by seunmsg(m): 7:02am On Apr 28, 2022
Nothing bad if the entire SS, SW, NW, NE and NC PDP members conceded the presidential ticket of the party to SE. They’ve labored enough for the party. As for APC, SE has no stake in the party. It would amount to great injustice to ask those that labored for the party to concede the ticket to a region that did everything to kill the party.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by CSTRR: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2022
There are manufacturing companies moving to Akwaibom and Rivers state.
Even Edo state.

Those are Niger delta States too.

Not just bayelsa or Delta.
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by lexyking(m): 7:03am On Apr 28, 2022
Kingozymandias:
We all know this but it won't happen because of tribalism and ethno supremacist thinking the politicians use to divide us

Keep the politicians out of this. The animosity between the IGBOS and the YORUBAS did not start because of the politicians alone, but by the actions and inactions of these two ethnic groups towards one another.

And as for OOK, he should stop this emotional blackmail and sell his candidature to all Nigerians. Instead of engaging in all these backward rhetoric of Igbos been marginalised, because nowhere in the world will power be given on a platter.

I expect him and any other Igbo aspirants to reach out to other regions, make offers and concessions, identify their regional problems and tell them how you intend solving these problems, make them understand you're not gunning for the presidency simply because you're Igbo or because you're from the southeast but because you're a Nigerian who is willing to serve.
Do these things and the other regions might just start buying into your presidential dreams. In summary, all Igbo aspirants should offer to work with other regions Instead of expecting other regions to work for them.

4 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Titaniumental: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2022
CSTRR:

First of all,
power was handed down on a platter to the south West in 1999.

So yes, power can be given.

Nobody contested it with the south West, not even in the South.

Why can't the south west do the same?

It's not like there are no Igbo Candidate available.

Peter obi is even very credible than any body else in the polity.

So what else?
As far as my memories can take me,power has never been and will never be handed over on a platter of Gold in Nigeria polity,from the Military regime down to democracy.

If SE thinks Peter Obi is the best Candidate,they should go out there and seek for support and approval from other region,and stop clamouring for this "they deserve it shit" rather than making enemies from every damn region they should seek for their approval.....

Someone like me,i'm very open minded about issues like this,but which message do you think the SE people are person to many more open minded people when they come to a forum like this and all they see is insult on other regions from this same SE people?

SE want Biafra,SE want Nigeria Presidency, which one exactly?

7 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Michelle70(m): 7:06am On Apr 28, 2022
Kingozymandias:
We all know this but it won't happen because of tribalism and ethno supremacist thinking the politicians use to divide us
it was planted in the heart of SE, politicians used SE for personal gains and now its the SE suffering for it

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Titaniumental: 7:06am On Apr 28, 2022
CSTRR:

You are completely deluded.

But it's okay.
When it happens, you go know what is up.
You're the ignoramus here grin grin

And a very big one at that

3 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by CSTRR: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2022
Abdul samad rabiu is siting his own refinery in Akwaibom, clse to the source of raw material.

Another modular refinery was built by a northerner in Imo state.

So what makes anybody think the Niger Delta will not absorb 90% of those Lagos companies that need gas heavily?

By the time BUA starts making 10 times the profit dangote makes just by being in a Niger delta country, nobody will tell dangote to relocate.
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Titaniumental: 7:08am On Apr 28, 2022
zoedew:

The argument you just responded to is the basic reason other parts of Nigerian don’t trust the SE. ARROGANCE is the word!
The entitlement mentality though grin grin coupled with all the insult

5 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by eeetuk(m): 7:09am On Apr 28, 2022
Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu : " if South/South and Southwest dropped out of the presidential race to support Southeast, that means equity for southeast"

That is outright nonsense . A former state governor and current senator is unable to make a case for Southeast to produce the next president of Nigeria is really a shame. Election is a contest of ideas and that means, all candidates bring out their ideas and voters pick the best idea. I don't believe Mr. Kalu understands that aspect of the democracy. And until he does, Southeast is not going to be able produce the next president of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Lanre1st(m): 7:11am On Apr 28, 2022
For simpathy sake, Igbo deserve to be next president.
But Igbo relationship with other ethnic/region is hostile and they are not even religion tolerant , you cant get what you dont work for. Igbo never create friendly environment with others tribes, even on social media their children can abuse dead body, so why will other tribe ready to give you the mantle of power.

Change your way

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by zoedew: 7:12am On Apr 28, 2022
MartinCorridon:

Actually not just ewedu guzzlers.

The North banned you guys for 100 years for the foolish 1966 coup.

Kanu's stupid antics got you a 100 year extension.

But you're too much of a coward to face them. You can quote me anywhere, the highest support SouthEast is getting for Presidency is actually coming from Yorubas - the Liberal naive ones.

Even your coward leaders aren't pushing for SE Presidency as much as Yoruba.

That's 100% fact. Whether you like it or not. You guys should start thinking of contesting in year 3030.
Bitter Ayo Adebanjo of all Yoruba men!
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by techWriter3: 7:12am On Apr 28, 2022
For investment , justice & fairness SE should generate the prez
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by zoedew: 7:23am On Apr 28, 2022
Titaniumental:

The entitlement mentality though grin grin coupled with all the insult
The insult the SE heap on other parts of Nigeria makes it worse! Other parts of Nigeria imbibe so much about SE - cuisine, music, fashion, ENTREPRENEURAL attributes but the SE do not reciprocate all that. Rather, they abuse SW as “ewedu and amala guzzlers” and will hardly sample the SW delicacy for anything. The SE derisively refer to the North as “ignorant gambari”! The SE will keep making money and spend it seeking Biafra in the wrong way while also cooking their cuisine much cherished by the SW, SS and the North but will not have the Nigerian Presidency until they take Baba Achebe’s advice when he famously said:” “I will be the first to concede that the Igbo as a group is not without its flaws. Its success can and did carry deadly penalties: the dangers of hubris, overweening pride, and thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or, even worse, than can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness. There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness.” - Chinua Achebe”
I expect the typical Igbo and their ill-intentioned sympathisers here to hereafter abuse me. Anyhow, an Igbo proverb says that “if you pluck a tick from a dog’s body you should show it to the dog, so it does not think that you pinched it.”

6 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by dmosthigh(m): 7:24am On Apr 28, 2022
Mazi ochendu Nnamdi kanu will be laughing with toothpick on his hands right now where ever they are keeping him

Dede orji,your eye don clear na say no be one Nigeria we dey.But before you were negotiating for Nigeria so that Nnamdi kanu will drop his patriotic agitation.

Who knows you are among the Judas that sold him out feeling like makapeletus!Well.....In the voice of chiboy in Selina tested,Maakaapeeletus!!!!!we go off your street light for dis street (south east)even if they zone it to South east.

True rebels
Anuofia
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Macphenson: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2022
zoedew:
Did the SE support SW previous to now. He cleverly left that out. He believes he has the support of the North given his trajectory! What was his track record while Governor in the SE. SE ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY TO THE PRESIDENCY IS NOT A SOUND PREMISE FOR THE PRESIDENCY. He will be shocked to the marrow!!

Yes South East did.

Orji Uzor Kalu personally donated #500M to fund Obasanjo's election. Thats why he is standing bold to make this comment.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:27am On Apr 28, 2022
taaaaa..gba fuo

Islandlady:
grin

Okay we will support southeast in our dreams
I can't believe they will ever call us brothers...after all the insults, names calling, burning of bridges, now you need our support

No thanks, it's law of Moses...an eye for an eye
You reap what you sow grin

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by colestephan86: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
For equity , justice & fairness SE should produce the president.
Why tell me the reason, why not north central?

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by emmykk(m): 7:29am On Apr 28, 2022
Donshegxy10:
Oga go and consult, instead you to meet with stake holders, he want those who have been consulting to handover the ticket for him on a platter.

Nothing is given in politics.

The water you pour on your head will soon reach your feet
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Murphyenemuwe: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2022
No you're the foolish one here. You don't just generalize a whole region. We have 2 major political parties in Nigeria. When people were busy forming an opposition party u termed it Islamic and demonic party. What's the total number of easterners in APC as at 2015? You'll be very stupid if you expect APC to hand over their ticket to u. Yoruba Adage says person wey Dem wan burn wey dey use oil rub body. To worsen the whole case u watched and praised the ipob when they started their madness. The primary purpose of any political party is to remain in power. Confused set of bastards
Akwamkpuruamu:
Those suffersticated hydraulic ewedu guzzling people won't agree. Dem think say dem wise

9 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2022
Disclaimer12:
I still don't understand the agitation of South East, position is contested for and not given in a democracy, u have to build bridges across other ethnic group and religious groups, I wonder why they can't packaged APGA and have a credible candidate rather than dragging APC by the neck , the same APC that was called evil party for 8 years, the same APC every soul in South east hated with a passion, prior to APC unseating the almighty PDP, ACN like APGA was a regional political party , dominating only in the south west, the same TINUBU dey hated with passion was the same man that orchestrated the birth of APC by merging with a less popular CPC, why can't APGA think of doing something similar? Why can't u have APGA in Sokoto? What stop u from having an APGA office in Ibadan or MAKURDI? better learn how to play am inclusive politics rather than all these emotional blackmail, as far as I know , there has never been a time a South easterners voted or supported a South Western candidate, they never liked Awolowo, dey refuse to vote for Abiola in the freest election, they only voted for Obasanjo in 1999 because the Yoruba preferred Olu Falae, so I wonder who owe them a favour at this stage undecided

Indeed. Kalu, like most Igbos, is delusional.

5 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:35am On Apr 28, 2022
Says a Minority...hehehehehe

MartinCorridon:
grin

Text "COMEDY" to 419.

No Igbo man will make top 10 in the primaries. Except maybe in AKPU-GA. grin

Even Peter Obi dreams to be Atiku's houseboy VP will not smell the ticket.

With the unrest in SE, who would be stupid enough to pick a running mate from there?

Atiku wishes he picked from SS/SW in 2019. He can't be that foolish again.
Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:36am On Apr 28, 2022
We are trying to build bridges like this one

Dsalvo:

Indeed. Kalu, like most Igbos, is delusional.

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:38am On Apr 28, 2022
Thunder fire any yoloba adage that couldn't save its people from being refugees.. Tinubu no senior ogbonnaya for the APC..goan ask.

Murphyenemuwe:
No you're the foolish one here. You don't just generalize a whole region. We have 2 major political parties in Nigeria. When people were busy forming an opposition party u termed it Islamic and demonic party. What's the total number of easterners in APC as at 2015? You'll be very stupid if you expect APC to hand over their ticket to u. Yoruba Adage says person wey Dem wan burn wey dey use oil rub body. To worsen the whole case u watched and praised the ipob when they started their madness. The primary purpose of any political party is to remain in power. Confused set of bastards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by Murphyenemuwe: 7:38am On Apr 28, 2022
You're naive if you ever believed NMKs agitation is patriotic and sincere. It is political. Where was NMK during Jonathan's tenure? Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heaven. South west was marginalized during Jonathan's regime. They didn't threaten to break away. They simply say back and strategized. I'm still confused as to how you came about easterners are the smartest. With this act of yours you're the dumbest region in Nigeria. The same Obasanjo u voted for picked a man from otuoke as VP over u guys
dmosthigh:
Mazi ochendu Nnamdi kanu will be laughing with toothpick on his hands right now where ever they are keeping him

Dede orji,your eye don clear na say no be one Nigeria we dey.But before you were negotiating for Nigeria so that Nnamdi kanu will drop his patriotic agitation.

Who knows you are among the Judas that sold him out feeling like makapeletus!Well.....In the voice of chiboy in Selina tested,Maakaapeeletus!!!!!we go off your street light for dis street (south east)even if they zone it to South east.

True rebels
Anuofia

3 Likes

Re: Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency by CSTRR: 7:39am On Apr 28, 2022
Titaniumental:

You're the ignoramus here grin grin

And a very big one at that
Okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pic: This Road Is Road To Psquare Family House. / Ikeja Court Jails US Major For 10 Years Over Illegal Possession Of Arms / Barnabas Bala Bantex Apologises Over Remarks On World Bank Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.