Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,759 members, 7,813,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate (34377 Views)

President Tinubu Names New Heads For NCC, Galaxy Backbone, NIGCOMSAT / Tinubu Names Governor Mai Mala Buni As Special Adviser / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Buhariiswicked: 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
The Senator representing Lagos Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Oluremi Tinubu will not be returning to the National Assembly in 2023, Daily Independent has gathered.

Party sources said Senator Tinubu took the decision in order to mobilise support for her husband, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos State governor who is running for the presidency in 2023 on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Our correspondent also gathered that leaders of Lagos Central Senatorial District, led by Prince gave Senator Tinubu the right to nominate a qualified candidate as her replacement.

It was said that she nominated Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni, the Deputy Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly as her choice.

In 2015, Senator Tinubu said her husband opposed her plans to return to the Senate for a second term. According to her, her district leaders got the form for her and talked her husband into allowing her to run for the position.

“Asiwaju likes his wife to be at home and what is more confusing to me is that most Muslim men do not want their wives to work, but I am a hard worker,” she had said.

People have been saying that I got to this position because I am Asiwaju’s wife. What they did not realise is that in the past election, my husband asked me not to go for a second term.

“It was the leaders in my district that got me the form and talked to him that they wanted me to go back. You can go to my district, the elites might not know me but the grassroots are the ones supporting and voting massively for me”.

https://independent.ng/tinubus-wife-wont-return-to-senate-in-2023-nominates-eshilokun-as-successor/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by MadamVanessa(f): 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
shocked

This very family has dealt with Lagos state seriously, they want to use the same hand and energy to deal with Nigeria too. But they're so stupid and myopic to think that Nigeria is Lagos.

Despite all these, I want to assure Tinubu that I followed his urchins and stand on his manhood.

232 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by sapientia(m): 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Confusionists

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nigerialabalaba: 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Na Teju Fernandez-Phillips I dey see her posters all over o. I think she go likely to get it as she be a former commissioner and daughter of late mogul Chief Dehinde Fernandez

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Seniorwriter(m): 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
We need young visionary leaders in all political positions come 2023.

@Seniorwriter

3 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
Finally, Tinubu advisers don dey listen to me. If na sey dem dey follow my advice since instead of all dem yeye e-servants for nairaland, Tinubu for get chance for dis election. Na all diz him nairaland supporters na him mess up him lifetime ambition. If na sey dem get sense for head, diz one suppose be him first action before him even declare sef.

Read my thread on how Tinubu fit win election if him follow my guidelines

https://www.nairaland.com/7081485/ten-things-tinubu-win-2023

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by MonkeyMods(m): 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
The hustle is real..

She dropped to pave way for her husband's heinous dreams cos the criticism is getting too much

Buh Aunty Remi, you and your opolo eye are going nowhere

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Na Teju Fernandez-Phillips I dey see her posters all over o. I think she go likely to get it as she be a former commissioner and daughter of late mogul Chief Dehinde Fernandez

You funny sha. You no read the thread. Dem don already pick her successor: Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
MonkeyMods:
The hustle is real..

She dropped to pave way for her husband's heinous dreams cos the criticism is getting too much

Buh Aunty Remi, you and your opolo eye are going nowhere

No mind dem. Na all diz him yeye I-to-know nairaland ozwuor na him dey deceive am. You go see dem here, dey shout "on Tinubu mandate", but common sense dem no get. No be diz one him suppose do since March. But none of dem fit think sey Nigerians no go like first lady wen still be Senator. Dem too dull

9 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by LegendHero(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
Cool.

It’s always hard to see someone step down from their senatorial positions when they have chances of winning.

I think Ben Bruce did something like that too.

226 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Penguin2: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hahahahahaha grin

Werey is dropping out of Senate Race in preparation for her husband’s victory so she would become the First Lady.

Chai!

So even senators daydream?

Las las, Senate you no go see, First Lady nko, hoosai undecided

Onye ala!

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Officialgarri: 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

This very family has dealt with Lagos state seriously, they want to use the same hand to deal with Nigeria too. But they're so stupid and myopic to think that Nigeria is Lagos.

Despite all these, on Tinubu scrotal sac I stand
calm down. For Remi to drop her ambition, then we need to face the bitter truth, which is ; the most popular candidate has been announced and Remi is his first lady.

Don't judge me, I'm not a fan of Tinubu. I don't even have a preferred candidate and no one has sold me credible achievements of Peter Obi.

I was a campaigner for Buhari since 2015 because I had lists of verifiable achievements of his.

But for this election, file fun baba o.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by JubrinElSudan: 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ambition that will end next month under APC unless you're moving to SDP with him

4 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nigerialabalaba: 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

You funny sha. You no read the thread. Dem don already pick her successor: Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni
u be sumol omo ibo wey no sabi Lagos politics . Na everytime dem dey drop hin name but later e no dey get am. D last time na hin name dey fly about say he go be Speaker and las las na Obasa take am. He no get d clout wey Teju get and he go likely go LAHA go become Speaker. He fit dey plant dis kain news to decieve people like u but I dey tell u wetin I know say na Teju posters full everywhere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by bennybuhari: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
Penguin2:
Hahahahahaha grin

Werey is dropping out of Senate Race in preparation for her husband’s victory so she would become the First Lady.

Chai!

So even senators daydream?

Las las, Senate you no go see, First Lady nko, hoosai undecided

Onye ala!

No O! Na because him plan dey flop like agege bread na why dem don force Remi to step down. If na sey him plan to be President dey on course, Remi go still maintain her seat. She for even contest senate president join. Diz Tinubu boys dull pass dundee united

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
LegendHero:
Cool.

It’s always hard to see someone step down from their senatorial positions when they have chances of winning.

I think Ben Bruce did something like that too.

Orna dull no be small. Na diz thing I talk since March. But none of orna fit even reason am. Na all of orna "on Tinubu mandate I stand" squad kill Tinubu lifetime ambition. Tinubu suppose carry boys, pursue all of orna, catch orna and order the boys to flog incompetence comot from orna body

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

u be sumol omo ibo wey no sabi Lagos politics . Na everytime dem dey drop hin name but later e no dey get am. D last time na hin name dey fly about say he go be Speaker and las las na Obasa take am. He no get d clout wey Teju get and he go likely go LAHA go become Speaker. He fit dey plant dis kain news to decieve people like u but I dey tell u wetin I know say na Teju posters full everywhere

Na you wen know politics too much but you no know sey dem dey pressure Remi to step down. Mr Lagosian, yar eye go soon clear

4 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Karlovych: 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
embarassed At least she has the husband's bullion van loot to look forward to or maybe this will be her sacrifice for druggie's presidential ambition.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by LegendHero(m): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

[s]Orna dull no be small. Na diz thing I talk since March. But none of orna fit even reason am. Na all of orna "on Tinubu mandate I stand" squad kill Tinubu lifetime ambition. Tinubu suppose carry boys, pursue all of orna, catch orna and order the boys to flog incompetence comot from orna body[/s]

Go and play with your mates.

211 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
LegendHero:

Go and play with your mates.

My mate know sey Remi suppose step down if she wan make Nigerians take her husband aspiration seriously. Wetin yar mate know

2 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Penguin2: 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

No O! Na because him plan dey flop like agege bread na why dem don force Remi to step down. If na sey him plan to be President dey on course, Remi go still maintain her seat. She for even contest senate president join. Diz Tinubu boys dull pass dundee united

Lol!

The day Lagos is freed from the grip of Tinubu and his family, Lagosians will go for special thanksgiving.

Tinubu and Family Ltd have done Lagos shege.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nigerialabalaba: 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Na you wen know politics too much but you no know sey dem dey pressure Remi to step down. Mr Lagosian, yar eye go soon clear
olodo omo ibo, Remi no fit go senate and be 1st Lady . Na common sense say 1st Lady na promotion for her so she go dey busy with her husband election . Nobody pressure her, everyone except u Ibo Jagaban haters no get am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

olodo omo ibo, Remi no fit go senate and be 1st Lady . Na common sense say 1st Lady na promotion for her so she go dey busy with her husband election . Nobody pressure her, everyone except u Ibo no get am.

Really, why she no announce am since. You no know yar work, period! Dem suppose sack all of orna

4 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by viemery: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nice one
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by PrinceOfLagos: 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
Names successor ke

This family don finish Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by PrinceOfLagos: 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
[s]
bennybuhari:
First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by gamowox: 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
I don't give a bleep
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by xalaje: 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
Tinubu family about to enter political Oblivion

6 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Names successor as per na monarchy be the system of government for Lagos abi?

Bunch of bastards. Imagine if these Lagos animals lay their greasy hands on the presidency... On our Abuja. I would have to tear my passport and relocate. But of course it will never happen. Better for Abba Kyari to be president than this Lagos animal in chief and his band of lawless vagabonds to take over Abuja.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo / Fayose Celebrates His 60th Birthday With Stunning Pictures / What Magu Told Buhari On SSS Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.