Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,319 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate (34416 Views)

President Tinubu Names New Heads For NCC, Galaxy Backbone, NIGCOMSAT / Tinubu Names Governor Mai Mala Buni As Special Adviser / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by jconsulting(f): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2022
All those saying Tinubu no get chance don't have their PVC , on election day Agbero union members , area boys, olosho, mama oni jedijedi and paraga will all line up and vote Tinubu while those of you on nairaland will be at home watching the events on channels news
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Acidosis(m): 10:22am On Apr 29, 2022
candidtalk:

The most unintelligent drivel I have read in my life. If the poor must not be allowed to vote, why do you need them at all?

Why not send them all to the gas chamber, as Hitler wanted to do to Jews, so you can have your elite-led society?

Undemocratic olodo, another adult, of sound mind, is not inferior to you merely because they have less money than you or are of lower societal standing.

No one must be denied their democratic will by arrogant elements, like you, who insist they alone must think and make decisions for others. Are you God?

Even democratic mistakes are part of the processes that have grown the best democracies we all admire today. You're a disgrace walahi.

I know you're a low budget "grassroot" (aka the poor) politician working for Remi and Tinubu. I sabi una very well.

What do you know asides from shouting "grassroot" every four years in Makoko and other slums in your constituent? You and I know very well that you will be disgraced out of Lekki Phase I since your entire life and destiny resonates with keeping the poor in abject poverty?

Just look at the way you used "merely" in front of "money". Merely money that you slave every night day to have? The same "merely" money that you chase so much that you kept Tinubu in Bourdillon since 1999 and left the so called "grassroots" in Makoko. Why don't you tell Tinubu to switch location so we can understand that money is merely a substance?

Abeg carry your ediotic pepper and maggi constituency projects and democratic idiocy comot for my front.

If you weren't ignorant, you should know that election has always been about the rich. How do you explain a society where most of the citizens don't have N500k in their accounts yet "broke" politicians comfortably roll out N100m for a declaration form? Is this the democracy your dunderhead learned in secondary school??

This is the democracy your generation admire today? Carrying brooms around town and waving your hands to grassroots in Makoko in your bulletproof AC fitted G-wagons?

What is the usefulness of "democratic will" when they run from one loan app to another just to eat? This is the language you criminal politicians use to enslave people in third world democratic countries.

Thunder will fire you if you come back to my mention to insult me again.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 29, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

This very family has dealt with Lagos state seriously, they want to use the same hand and energy to deal with Nigeria too. But they're so stupid and myopic to think that Nigeria is Lagos.

Despite all these, I want to assure Tinubu that I followed his urchins and stand on his manhood.

Sweetheart, forget this noise that you and most myopic Nigerians make around election time which is invariably centred around your likes and dislike for personalities.

The storm that is ahead for Nigeria, most of you have blinded yourselves to, is not about Tinubu. It is about reforms that is vital for for the survival of Nigeria yet some will reject because of a bull-headed devotion to life as they want it to remain for them and for the rest us by force.

Think renewal of grazing routes in this day and age Buhari is insisting on. Same person you're all looking at to do you a favour and scheme out BAT.

What kind of candidate will Buhari go for then given his dogmatic insistence on policies and initiatives that are outrightly wrong for the modernisation and progress of Nigeria?

The same President outrightly rejected State policing, despite the remarkable success of a smaller model of it in Lagos, and openly mocked restructuring and those passionately insistent on it.

What kind if successor would Buhari and his cabal be looking for then to protect their interest and, most importantly, who will they reject as an absolute no-no if we all now know and accept that Buhari ideas he considers sacrosanct are inimical to the growth and progress of Nigeria? Is it Rocket Science?

Should we then , if pragmatically clever, not be automatically fair and dispassionate in looking at anyone Buhari is opposing vehemently?

I was a supporter of Buhari previously but became disillusioned with him when I realised nothing holds true about him anymore.

They will tell you he wants to prevent a "looter" replacing him but what do you think Malami and many Buhari insiders are getting away with? Look at the scam Amaechi tried to pull off with the railway security contract. Any sanction against him so far in what amounts to a public disgrace for Nigeria?

All has been swept under the rug in the Buhari government.

Adamu that Buhari singlehandedly installed as APC chairman is the epitome of integrity ba?

There is no proof today that Buhari is anti-corruption. If anything, his Presidency has cemented the fact that he is selectively supportive of corruption, and very okay with it, when it is from his trusted affiliates and insiders.

Till today, no sanction for Amaechi over the blatant looting of public fund he sought to get away with.

Instead Amaechi is running to be President as one of Buhari's boys.

They are simply exploiting the hate you southerners have for each other to deny you the best to represent you, as was the case with Awolowo and Abiola, so we all develop at the pace of those who still wish to gather the poor outside there houses and give them100 naira each.

Whereas Tinubu, Awolowo etal see the development of all around them as the only sustainable model to deliver Nigeria and secure her development as a first world nation.

You will be in your sixties before your eyes open and then you will understand the reality of Nigeria.
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by TimmyA: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2022
For her mind she is thinking of becoming first lady of nigeria, forget it, she can only be first lady in her husband's house and never that of nigeria. God forbid bad thing
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2022
TimmyA:
For her mind she is thinking of becoming first lady of nigeria, forget it, she can only be first lady in her husband's house and never that of nigeria. God forbid bad thing

You only have one vote buddy. That is even if you have PVC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by ahonzi: 11:14am On Apr 29, 2022
She's looking forward to be First Lady.
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Bamzyriches451: 11:39am On Apr 29, 2022
Damn!
Thieves
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Tunjido: 11:57am On Apr 29, 2022
MadamVanessa:
: And what about your family why are you so unfortunate and stupid not to rule or dealt with your state.. Pray

This very family has dealt with Lagos state seriously, they want to use the same hand and energy to deal with Nigeria too. But they're so stupid and myopic to think that Nigeria is Lagos.

Despite all these, I want to assure Tinubu that I followed his urchins and stand on his manhood.
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by GloriousGbola: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
Acidosis:

The grassroots are our major problem. Give them a bag of rice and you can literally buy their destiny. This is Tinubu's secret luck in Lagos. Tinubu doesn't need the votes of people in Lekki Phase 1 or Banana Island. All he needs to do is take a few notes and go to Makoko where 50 people share a 10 ft. by 10 ft. apartment.

If I ever find my way to Aso rock, I will do everything within my power to ensure that only elites are allowed to vote. Anyone without at least, a net worth of N10m shouldn't be allowed to own a voters card.

The poor will never allow Nigeria to work and that's a fact. The democracy we copied from the West isn't for us. The poor over there are at least educated and well informed. Many of them also do not lack basic amenities like food and water so you can't easily buy their votes by distributing salt and Maggi.

It's a different case over here. Allow only the elite to choose our leaders so when their preferred choice fails, we can easily go after them and interrogate their choice. It's also harder to buy the votes of the elites here.

We will only continue to f00l one another with our yeye democracy and criticise countries like Russia where only the elites make the most informed decisions.

With democracy and poverty stricken grassroot formula, Nigeria will NEVER work. How can it work when Tony Elumelu has the same voting power with a thug in Oshodi?

Have you been to lekki phase 1 or banana Islands immediate surroundings?

The poor are there and in far larger numbers. We saw this during the end sars looting.

As for the elite, they are all beneficiaries of the status quo. Across board. The dangotes, elumelus, innosons, etc, they are benefit from govt patronage. Govt patronage is what sustains and grows their wealth.

Do not expect altruism from them. Their goal is to prolonge their fortunes indefinitely
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by DemmyDaat(m): 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
She had announced it long before this year.
osinbanjoisaliar:
Finally, Tinubu advisers don dey listen to me. If na sey dem dey follow my advice since instead of all dem yeye e-servants for nairaland, Tinubu for get chance for dis election. Na all diz him nairaland supporters na him mess up him lifetime ambition. If na sey dem get sense for head, diz one suppose be him first action before him even declare sef.

Read my thread on how Tinubu fit win election if him follow my guidelines

https://www.nairaland.com/7081485/ten-things-tinubu-win-2023
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Funflipper: 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

The lagos they are dealing with is still better than the other 35 states put together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by LegendHero(m): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2022
sonofthunder:

Ben did not step down. His senatorial district has their own zoning formula with they adhere to before and after him

Do you know other politicians can say they ain't stepping down to respect the zoning? No be Naija we dey?
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Funflipper: 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
candidtalk:

Sweetheart, forget this noise that you and most myopic Nigerians make around election time which is invariably centred around your likes and dislike for personalities.

The storm that is ahead for Nigeria, most of you have blinded yourselves to, is not about Tinubu. It is about reforms that is vital for for the survival of Nigeria yet some will reject because of a bull-headed devotion to life as they want it to remain for them and for the rest us by force.

Think renewal of grazing routes in this day and age Buhari is insisting on. Same person you're all looking at to do you a favour and scheme out BAT.

What kind of candidate will Buhari go for then given his dogmatic insistence on policies and initiatives that are outrightly wrong for the modernisation and progress of Nigeria?

The same President outrightly rejected State policing, despite the remarkable success of a smaller model of it in Lagos, and openly mocked restructuring and those passionately insistent on it.

What kind if successor would Buhari and his cabal be looking for then to protect their interest and, most importantly, who will they reject as an absolute no-no if we all now know and accept that Buhari ideas he considers sacrosanct are inimical to the growth and progress of Nigeria? Is it Rocket Science?

Should we then , if pragmatically clever, not be automatically fair and dispassionate in looking at anyone Buhari is opposing vehemently?

I was a supporter of Buhari previously but became disillusioned with him when I realised nothing holds true about him anymore.

They will tell you he wants to prevent a "looter" replacing him but what do you think Malami and many Buhari insiders are getting away with? Look at the scam Amaechi tried to pull off with the railway security contract. Any sanction against him so far in what amounts to a public disgrace for Nigeria?

All has been swept under the rug in the Buhari government.

Adamu that Buhari singlehandedly installed as APC chairman is the epitome of integrity ba?

There is no proof today that Buhari is anti-corruption. If anything, his Presidency has cemented the fact that he is selectively supportive of corruption, and very okay with it, when it is from his trusted affiliates and insiders.

Till today, no sanction for Amaechi over the blatant looting of public fund he sought to get away with.

Instead Amaechi is running to be President as one of Buhari's boys.

They are simply exploiting the hate you southerners have for each other to deny you the best to represent you, as was the case with Awolowo and Abiola, so we all develop at the pace of those who still wish to gather the poor outside there houses and give them100 naira each.

Whereas Tinubu, Awolowo etal see the development of all around them as the only sustainable model to deliver Nigeria and secure her development as a first world nation.

You will be in your sixties before your eyes open and then you will understand the reality of Nigeria.

You said it all; but will these naive kids ever learn?
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by sonofthunder: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
LegendHero:

Do you know other politicians can say they ain't stepping down to respect the zoning? No be Naija we dey?

Ben Bruce was not the hero there by obeying the zoning formula. The formula was what gave him the opportunity to become a senator, besides it was non-negotiable. He could have tried it to see the outcome
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

You funny sha. You no read the thread. Dem don already pick her successor: Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni
but they don't want buhari to pick his own successor you see the hypocrisy there....
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by BOYS2MEN: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
Bleeper
ASHAWO
Olosho
Akwuna
Last but not the least iwu a female thief but then e no affect me....as an odogwu wey I be ...
Buhariiswicked:

https://independent.ng/tinubus-wife-wont-return-to-senate-in-2023-nominates-eshilokun-as-successor/
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
DemmyDaat:
She had announced it long before this year.

So diz one na wetin SWAGAless tell orna to talk, ehn. Show me the article wen she talk am for las year. Read the thread well well, diz one na new tori wen she just release now
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by osinbanjoisaliar: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2022
jconsulting:
All those saying Tinubu no get chance don't have their PVC , on election day Agbero union members , area boys, olosho, mama oni jedijedi and paraga will all line up and vote Tinubu while those of you on nairaland will be at home watching the events on channels news

See diz one. U no know sey dem get owners of Naija club. Na dem dey direct were and for who doze agberos, olosho and mamas and papa's go vote for. The only place were Tinubu go fit even try na Lagos, finish. But the thing be sey Tinubu no go even dey on the ballot. If magic, happen and Tinubu win primaries and election. Den expect military Coup. Naija owners club go lock up the country, orna eye go clear
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
Funflipper:

You said it all; but will these naive kids ever learn?

Never. They just get told who to hate and they do so unquestioningly without engaging their own ability to think independently.

Buhari has been so wilfully retrogressive in some areas we must question his choice candidate seriously and really inspect why he is insistent on rejecting others since evidence from how Buhari has led Nigeria leaves no progressive person in doubt of a deliberate anti-progress agenda for Nigeria.

Below is Buhari openly mocking what virtually every Nigerian leader accept is the only way forward to be implemented ASAP.

Safe to say it is not Rocket Science to see why many, like Buni and Malami, were looking at 'controllable Jonathan while desperate to stop 'uncontrollable' BAT by all means.

Meanwhile, because of how hatefully myopic some Southerners are they think some in Buhari's camp want GEJ because they seek the progress of Nigeria or because they view Jonathan as competent.

Jonathan who , as President, could not even minimally deliver State policing that would have made us all safer in our States and region today whereas Tinubu delivered RRS as Lagos Governor? Southerners should reason these things na. They're not rocket Science considerations abeg.

Conversely these same myopic southerners foolishly think same Northerners want to stop Tinubu by all means other than for the protection of their selfish and anti-Nigeria interests they are convinced Tinubu will tamper with.

We have seen it all before with Awolowo, Abiola etal so I am not really surprised. Just amused at how slowly Nigerians , especially Southerners, evolve politically. We never learn so long will the suffering continue.

Below Buhari tells us all to shut up , go away and continue with Nigeria as currently constituted. He is not interested. We have no say in the issue and he will not even entertain our opinion.

I wonder then who he will favour to replace him and who he will view an absolute no-no.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/those-calling-for-restructuring-naive-dangerous-says-buhari/amp/

Those calling for restructuring naïve, dangerous, says Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari virtually foreclosed the restructuring of Nigeria, Saturday, when he said there was nothing to restructure.

“And again those who are discussing restructuring, my question is, what are you going to restructure? If you ask many Nigerians what they are going to restructure, you will find out that they have nothing to talk about.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
but they don't want buhari to pick his own successor you see the hypocrisy there....

Are you not the hypocrite? You can of course nominate a successor. Such is allowed. What should not happen, which Remi cannot do, is scheme and bully others out of the race undemocratically so only your choice of successor can win.

That now becomes an imposition rather than just approving and supporting a candidate you believe can take your place and do well.

Buhari should name his successor, campaign for him even, and leave the APC primaries election free and fair.

Yet, from day one Buhari has shown he is not fair or neutral. He has not hidden his prejudice which is unbecoming of a Party leader.

Talking about one leader cannot sit in Lagos and dictate to the APC and then recently saying APC delegates should not sell their votes to moneybags. Openly prejudicial and divisive talk against his own Party men who all worked for his victory in the past.

Why so much desperation against BAT? Anoint a candidate and work democratically to assist that candidate get the legitimate vote and support of the Party. That is what will unite APC and get every hand on the table to deliver a win in 2023.

The divisive and autocratic ways of Buhari will only destroy the APC same as it has seriously divided our nation and set Nigerians against each other.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by alabi484(m): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2022
LegendHero:
Cool.

It’s always hard to see someone step down from their senatorial positions when they have chances of winning.

I think Ben Bruce did something like that too.

There's an arrangement for senators from Ben Bruce's senatorial district for only one tenure for every senator because of zoning
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
Funflipper:

The lagos they are dealing with is still better than the other 35 states put together.

100% correct and I wonder why this never influences the clearly biased opinion some rush here to share.

You somehow want to present Tinubu as the unelectable bogeyman yet you want us to disregard the fact he has mentored what is by far the safest, richest, most opportuned, most successful and most progressive State in Nigeria by far.

I really wonder the 'chemistry' in the brain of most Nigerians that organises their reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Emilokoiyawon: 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
Penguin2:

Lol!

The day Lagos is freed from the grip of Tinubu and his family, Lagosians will go for special thanksgiving.

Tinubu and Family Ltd have done Lagos shege.

We have heard you. Now, tell us who is holding your wretched state hostage?
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Penguin2: 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:

We have heard you. Now, tell us who is holding your wretched state hostage?

Where is my state?
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Emilokoiyawon: 5:42pm On Apr 29, 2022
Penguin2:

Where is my state?

Unless your state is more developed than Lagos then it is a wretched state. Now tell us, who is your useless state hostage?
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Penguin2: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:

Unless your state is more developed than Lagos then it is a wretched state. Now tell us, who is your useless state hostage?
Orishishishi undecided
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Emilokoiyawon: 6:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Penguin2:

Orishishishi undecided

Checkmate! olodo...e shock u abi? grin grin
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Penguin2:

Where is my state?

Shut up. You're an IPOBian. Why can't you People proudly rep your state of origin?

Instead you want to die on Lagos and Sanwo Olu/Tinubu matter while Ikpeazu and Abia have stopped been your concern simply because Lagos civilised you.

Trust me nigga, whether you want to or not, you and every other Nigerian will bear their father's name in the near future.

The whole 'one Nigeria' thingy you ingrate benefit from, to constitute yourself into a pain to Yorubas in their land, cannot last. Know that and know peace. Prepare for it also.
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by Bimpe29: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2022
She must be eyeing the Office of the First Lady truly.
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:39pm On Apr 29, 2022
One less Stoopid feminist..

Dino melaye customer Dada ni day year.. lol
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by 1872yc: 4:43am On Apr 30, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
Smart woman.... As first lady don sure for her, her fellow house of assembly members don assure her to vote her husband
[/s]
Re: Remi Tinubu Names Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni As Her Successor At The Senate by 1872fl: 4:51am On Apr 30, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram In Damboa. Army Kills 19 Insurgents / Air Task Force Kills Terrorists, Destroys Logistics Facilities In Borno / Tension In Abuja Over Hundreds Of Migrating Herders From Niger republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.