Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused (60637 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Jeon(f): 10:53am On Apr 29, 2022
I KNOW SAY NAH DELTA, ESAN OR IGBO...
THEM NO DY TAKE THEIR DAUGHTERS PLAY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU NO PAY THE NECESSARY PAYMENTS FOR HER [DAUGHTERS ] HEAD.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by wunmi590(m): 10:53am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I can't borrow money to marry her corpse, never
The debts I borrowed from her treatment up to a millionaire is still in my neck, haven't even paid dine from it.

I understand bros, but it is honorable to to just have peace of mind, negotiate with the family, and let them come down to your pocket...

You know you will still spend more by letting the body stay long in the morgue or who is responsible for the payment?

13 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Your just been rude and arrogant, I guess your still a teenager.
No More response to you

Teenager my ass! So you expect me to pity your display of stupidity?
You that is not a teenager look at the nonsense you have been saying since morning.

You nor get mind you go keep woman for house without marrying her and you want to be praised after killing her. Thunder wey go strike you dey come. Wizard!

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by jokinexcel(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2022
My dear for peace of mind, the best option is for you to pay her bride price, that is the only thing that will give you right to the child. In Igbo land you have no right to a child that you have not paid the bride price of his mother. For instance, if the girl is still alive now, and you did not pay her bride price and she later get married to someone else, the child is automatically seen as the child of the her new husband not you ,who is seen as just her boyfriend. I understand how you feel about it, but it's not easy to fight tradition and change it overnight. The best is to go and pay her bride price, is not like you are doing the whole marriage ceremony . That's the best advice I can give you as a brother.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2022
T0T0fucker:

Simp assz licking niggas.

Op, nor mind this fool!

Nothing him and his family fit do you...nor go borrow money marry death body o.
Infact leave his sister for the mortuary, make you travel out live your life.

When them ready they go carry the dead body

See your life!
When men are conquering the world you there claiming champion on top kpekus. What a waste replying an empty skull!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by jokinexcel(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2022
Something like happened in my community, the family of the girl asked the guy to come and pay the bride price he refused, so the girl's family changed the case to kidnap and murder case , that they have been looking for their daughter for years , only for the guy who they claimed that they have never seen or know to inform them of their daughter's death . So they claimed that the guy kidnap and murder their daughter.

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2022
jokinexcel:
Something like happened in my community, the family of the girl asked the guy to come and pay the bride price he refused, so the girl's family changed the case to kidnap and murder case , that they have been looking for their daughter for years , only for the guy who they claimed that they have never seen or know to inform them of their daughter's death . So they claimed that the guy kidnap and murder their daughter.

Leave that fool, he brokos go shrink. He has not seen anything. I have already told him he killed her only for him to rush here to look for what people will say.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2022
T0T0fucker:

It not get anything your sister dead body fit do op.
Broke asz family, you still won chop money with dead body?

Hu na go die poor grin grin grin.

If I be op, na to carry your sister dead body thruway for dustbin

At the first place she is not my relative but I see her of concern. Meanwhile, take it from me and Mark today's date that will be the destiny of all the women in your family to the third generation in Jesus name. Amen!

This your moniker will be the destiny of your children both male and female. You go find me see.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2022
Felimax:

Leave that fool, he brokos go shrink. He has not seen anything. I have already told him he killed her only for him to rush here to look for what people will say.
joseph,how can you claim I killed her when she's been back to the village twice this period when she was sick with several tradition medicine you all gave her still it had no effect. I had to borrow money to take to several hospitals for test and different expensive drug's, while you all were just sitting there with no monetary assistance.
I said am tired.
I can't marry your sister dead body, am expecting the worst from you

15 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by tommy589(m): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I don't believe in curses, A man can not define my fate in life..I was more concerned about my son that's why I brought it here.
I fear no man

Don't you fear oracle? You remind me of what happened to my late friend when they went for the girl's burial. My friend's brother guaranteed her family they would come back for the marriage rites,the girl's family accepted with warning that the guarantor must not attend any burial until the needful is done. But he failed to heed, he became the first to die mysteriously followed by others in the family. My late friend was the last to die in agony after facing different health challenges that defies treatment for years.

I used not to believe in God or voodoo,up till date I am not religious,but I have encountered things that shakes my belief. Marriage can be done in your absence when their is money. I pray you become blessed soon to do their requirements

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 11:26am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

joseph,how can you claim I killed her when she's been back to the village twice this period when she was sick with several tradition medicine you all gave her still it had no effect. I had to borrow money to take to several hospitals for test and different expensive drug's, while you all were just sitting there with no monetary assistance.
I said am tired.
I can't marry your sister dead body, am expecting the worst from you

Better be aware that such issues are not settled on social media. There is nothing that has happened that has not been seen before.

You have to be matured enough to know that no one wants your head. When they told you about pride price it is required of you to go to your family and make it a family issue where both families come together and sort things out. How you think you will come here and nobody will know is still baffling. You may even be mentioning the wrong name. Respect the poor girl the best way you can and leave the rest for God.

God be with you!

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 11:26am On Apr 29, 2022
tommy589:

Don't you fear oracle? You remind me of what happened to my late friend,when they went for the girl's burial. My friend's brother guaranteed her family they would come back for the marriage rites,the girl's family accepted with warning that the guarantor must not attend any burial until the needful is done. But he failed to heed, he became the first to die mysteriously followed by others in the family. My late friend was the last to die in agony after facing different health challenges that defies treatment for years.

I used not to believe in God or voodoo. Up till date I am not religious but I have encountered things that shakes my belief. Marriage can be done in your absence when their is money. I pray you become blessed soon to do their requirements
This don't scare me, I don't believe a man can harm me this way or my family.
I can't Marry her corpse

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 11:29am On Apr 29, 2022
Felimax:

Better be aware that such issues are not settled on social media. There is nothing that has happened that has not been seen before.

You have to be matured enough to know that no one wants your head. When they told you about pride price it is required of you to go to your family and make it a family issue where both families come together and sort things out. How you think you will come here and nobody will know is still baffling. You may even be mentioning the wrong name. Respect the poor girl the best way you can and leave the rest for God.

God be with you!
Since you followed me to nairaland, I still stand on my ground. I can't marry your sister corpse joseph.

The money I spent for hospital bills loans I took, what assistance did you provide? Nothing.
But I took it uphon myself to save her, you think threatening me on the phone and commenting here will break me .
Come and do your worst.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by dobnina(f): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I can't Marry her corpse
OP, pls try and raise some money and pay her bride price. This life is very deep. A lot of thins are happening that we can't even explain. Don't jeopardize your future.
This lady bore you a son. Pls respect her and pay the bride price.
Something like this has happened before and the guy died mysteriously.
This life is very deep.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by tommy589(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I can't Marry her corpse

If your family members are ok with your decision, it's ok

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 11:32am On Apr 29, 2022
My
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Since you followed me to nairaland, I still stand on my ground. I can't marry your sister corpse joseph.

The money I spent for hospital bills loans I took, what assistance did you provide? Nothing.
But I took it uphon myself to save her, you think threatening me on the phone and commenting here will break me .
Come and do your worst.

I hope you will not eat your words so soon. I am not Joseph.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by faithfull18(f): 11:34am On Apr 29, 2022
Done giving unnecessary advice, stop fornicating, you people won't hear.

If you had done the proper thing, you won't be here asking for advice.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Felimax(m): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2022
T0T0fucker:

AH joseph, if you loved your sister that much why didn't you all assist the op for the hospital bills. Instead you are trying to make money on top a dead body.
God forbid for some families

No family is mad. No one can really ignore the struggle and effort that has been made but Nairaland will not pay up the debt.

Whatever is the issue the families are the best to fall back to.

Once again, I am not Joseph.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by thorpido(m): 11:56am On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Let them bring it on.
I said I won't, I can't marry a corpse
I'll just advise you go and settle with the family.
Even if you are a General Overseer, it's going to be a tough battle for you.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by ImaIma1(f): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

No I won't

This is just initial gra gra because you don't understand the magnitude of what has happened. This is not even about the tribe. Most tribes do this.

They will just be watching you as you are chopping their daughter/sister for free. You even got her pregnant. Now she died without getting the proper rites done for her.

You will pay her brideprice. Ask your mum and your people what they think.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by JoyousFurnitire(m): 1:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
I read few of your comments and should I say you're selfish or?...

If you love your late wife, you'll respond to her family by saying you'll settle that later since you don't have much or you pay her dowry and they bury her.

You can't marry a corpse, does that mean you were never married or you won't mention her as your late wife?

To her family, you're yet to marry her. They only helped you and it's going to be a two-way loss for them because their daughter is dead and they won't be able tag her married. The only win for them will be your son.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by StilmaVsBorn2w: 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
ImaIma1:

This is just initial gra gra because you don't understand the magnitude of what has happened. This is not even a out the tribe. Most tribes do this.

They will just be watching you as you are chopping their daughter/sister for free. You even got her pregnant. Now she died without getting the proper rites done for her.

You will pay her brideprice. Ask your mum and your people what they think.
Initial gra gra bah? Come and force me

3 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by HUSTLER001: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

No I won't
You seem to be an arrogant person with the way you are responding to people. You impregnated someone's daughter out of wedlock and for years you kept her under your custody without doing the formal rite.You better pay the bride price. If you have sense,tell them to send account number for you to pay. Don't go to the her village now that the tension is still high. Also,I'd advice you to act mature when dealing with such a sensitive issue. Heed to the council of the elders here. There's one thing I assure you,there are quite a whole lot of intelligent dudes on this platform. Sorry for your loss!

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by ImaIma1(f): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Initial gra gra bah? Come and force me

I can't force you.

You are just here lashing out because you know you are in a tight corner and will most likely have to do the marriage rites.

What are your people saying? That should give you a clue whether to continue being stubborn or just go ahead.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by TyroneP(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
ibechris:

Then what is your reason for bringing it up when u have decided before coming here.

An uncle of mine did it and today he has remarried and continued his life.

He simply asked for a lawyer's input. Most people commenting are condemning him. Advice should be from legal aspect. Lawyers in the house should help him with this.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Lari03r(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
This is a very common custom in the Niger-Delta.

I will advise you to negotiate with them to pay her bride price for peace sake.

Don't be the one who will start a war against himself by refusing to listen to advice.

You are not marrying her corpse, you are settling the traditional rights to keep your child.

If they are fetish people, you won't like to see the other side of their actions.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by ibechris(m): 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
TyroneP:

He simply asked for a lawyer's input. Most people commenting are condemning him. Advice should be from legal aspect. Lawyers in the house should help him with this.

It is purely traditional and has nothing to do with lawyers.
As a matter of fact,he was supposed to marry the lady before now but he hid under the guise of a bad economy,now that the people are asking him to the needful,he started being arrogant and stupid.

If it were my sister how would I feel,that u lived with a woman that u haven't married knowing what the consequences were.

Whether u agree to go or not,they will perform all the rites and u will see how u will end without that child.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Cashio(m): 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
T0T0fucker:

Simp assz licking niggas.

Op, nor mind this fool!

Nothing him and his family fit do you...nor go borrow money marry death body o.
Infact leave his sister for the mortuary, make you travel out live your life.

When them ready they go carry the dead body
How old are you...so you think you are wiser than those advising him to settle with the girl's family. Or you think a matter of life and death is child's play?
So you think you can wake up one morning, pick a girl from her home, get her pregnant, she bears you a son without paying a dime on her head and now she is dead, you just want to inform the family to come and negotiate with you to carry the corpse to bury?
Both you and the OP are either too young to understand what is at stake here, or you guys are both mad.

If that girl is from a united community, by now, OP suppose first dey police cell dey answer murder case or the community youths for don come burn him or him papa house....Abi you think say Na small pikin matter dem dey discuss so.

Shebi if Na your sister, you go go thank OP with expensive wine for killing her and then carry your late sister home to bury....Ala gbachie unu nti

103 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Alert! Another Missing Child [photos] / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? / Taiwo And Kehinde Olateju Twins: Albino And Dark Twins (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.