Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused - Family (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused (60647 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Jsaviour(f): 8:30pm On May 09, 2022
wirinet:

Give them their daughters son back? You must be very wicked. You want to punish the innocent child because his father cohabited with his mother without marrying her? Do you think the grandparents in the village are capable of taking care of the boy? Are they financially capable enough to take care of the educational requirements of the kid? They would just direct the anger that they have for the father to the kid. If you abandon the kid now, he will never forgive the father when he grows up. It's easy for you to move on, marry another woman amd have kids. But it would be very difficult on the kid, growing up without a mother and father.

Please don't abandon the kid. Fight to keep and educate him.

I don't understand why Nigerians love punishing innocent children for the supposed sins of their parents.

In life, you can't eat you cake and have it back. We are too emotional when it comes to real issues. He either marries the lady to claim the child or leave the child for the parents of a lady who gave birth outside wedlock. It's simple maths
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by wirinet(m): 8:34pm On May 09, 2022
Jsaviour:

In life, you can't eat you cake and have it back. We are too emotional when it comes to real issues. He either marries the lady to claim the child or leave the child for the parents of a lady who gave birth outside wedlock. It's simple maths

You can not blackmail a man to marry a woman. It just does not happen with many tribes in the South. You cannot use pregnancy or baby to tie a man.

The courts will settle paternity if in doubt.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Jsaviour(f): 10:08pm On May 09, 2022
wirinet:

You can not blackmail a man to marry a woman. It just does not happen with many tribes in the South. You cannot use pregnancy or baby to tie a man.

The courts will settle paternity if in doubt.

Well, this isn't about blackmail. Nobody will force him to marry the woman. The point is that cohabitation doesn't give you marriage right. If their custom says that a child born by their unmarried daughter belongs to them, then the child is theirs.

However, like you said, he can go to court.

I heard davido went to chioma's parents to pay something like bride price (I am not sure though) so he can be seen as the rightful owner of ifeanyi their son. He knows why he did that of he did actually

It's not about strong head, it's either you follow their way which you heard before you still went ahead to do away match or go to court like you said.

I heard the guy later agreed to go ahead with the marriage which I never supported from my initial comment. I don't support marriage with the dead. He wanted to enjoy free woman and child, now he has seen the consequences of trying to outsmart the system.

He saw all the Yoruba girls but left them to go to south south/south East (whichever one the lady is from) even when he knew that was their custom.

Sheh me and you dey here while hisbah destroy drinks? Why didn't the owners go to court? When people tell you about their culture abi whatever in Nigeria, simply avoid them. Court may not be able to help you when it comes to some useless Nigerian culture
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by wirinet(m): 7:11am On May 10, 2022
Jsaviour:

Well, this isn't about blackmail. Nobody will force him to marry the woman. The point is that cohabitation doesn't give you marriage right. If their custom says that a child born by their unmarried daughter belongs to them, then the child is theirs.
No one is arguing that cohabitation gives you marriage rights. What we are talking here is parental rights and not marriage rights. Except in igbo and some Eastern culture, marriage rights do not give parental rights.

If their custom says that a child born by their unmarried daughter belongs to them and my cultureans the English common law says that a child born by an unmarried man belongs to him, which law do you think is superior in a court of iaw? Igbo laws and culture is not superior to those of other tribes.

However, like you said, he can go to court.
Yes it can the settled in the magistrates court of where the couple lived.

I heard davido went to chioma's parents to pay something like bride price (I am not sure though) so he can be seen as the rightful owner of ifeanyi their son. He knows why he did that of he did actually
You heard wrong. Davido never paid the bride price of chioma or any of his other baby mamas.

What is something like bride price? Do igbos now have something like pride price now? What is it?

You are very funny. You speculated wrongly that Davido paid something like bride price and then affirmed that he is the rightful owner of their son.
Let Chioma's parents go to Davido's Banana Island home and kidnap Ifeanyi and see if their culture will save them from going to jail. The best chioma herself can get in a Lagos court is joint custody.

It's not about strong head, it's either you follow their way which you heard before you still went ahead to do away match or go to court like you said.
You can't force others to adhere to igbo culture, that's extremism.

I heard the guy later agreed to go ahead with the marriage which I never supported from my initial comment. I don't support marriage with the dead. He wanted to enjoy free woman and child, now he has seen the consequences of trying to outsmart the system.
If he did, then he succumbed to threats and blackmail. The girls shameless family will continue to threaten and blackmail him for a long time.

He saw all the Yoruba girls but left them to go to south south/south East (whichever one the lady is from) even when he knew that was their custom.
What of the shameless girl that left igbo or south Eastern men and packed her load to live with a western man for over 5 years without marriage. What of her family that allowed such her 5 years without raising eye brows when they all knew that other tribes have their own different culture. Why do igbos use threats and blackmail to impose their culture in other people's lands?

Sheh me and you dey here while hisbah destroy drinks? Why didn't the owners go to court? When people tell you about their culture abi whatever in Nigeria, simply avoid them. Court may not be able to help you when it comes to some useless Nigerian culture

Hisbah impose their religion in their own lands. Husbah will not come to Umuahia to impose sharia on igbos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Taiwo And Kehinde Olateju Twins: Albino And Dark Twins (Photos) / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.