Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused (60679 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by huttonbanti(m): 11:20am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I don't believe in curses, A man can not define my fate in life..I was more concerned about my son that's why I brought it here.
I fear no man

Why is this guy been stubborn?
Unless your story is true self... People here are telling the plain truth... You dey here dey do strong head like goat....

Let me tell you I have a cousin who married an igbo girl for the past 7years... The girl bore him two children... Till now my guy man never pay are bride price.....
He is an yoruba guy....

Guys this dude know the right thing to do... But he is just been stubborn....

Which will not take him anywhere....
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by JRichards: 11:20am On Apr 30, 2022
dobnina:

OP, pls try and raise some money and pay her bride price. This life is very deep. A lot of thins are happening that we can't even explain. Don't jeopardize your future.
This lady bore you a son. Pls respect her and pay the bride price.
Something like this has happened before and the guy died mysteriously.
This life is very deep.

This guy has a short life span and is almost already dead. He won't do it. But he doesn't know he's already dead even as we speak !
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Jeon(f): 11:20am On Apr 30, 2022
4ckyou:

na for everywhere oh, same thing happened to my bro who married a Yoruba woman

woo, so Yoruba engage in the rites . I have no idea about that..

4 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by lendahand(m): 11:21am On Apr 30, 2022
T0T0fucker:

Simp assz licking niggas.

Op, nor mind this fool!

Nothing him and his family fit do you...nor go borrow money marry death body o.
Infact leave his sister for the mortuary, make you travel out live your life.

When them ready they go carry the dead body
one glance at your moniker will confirm you're being dealt with already little wonder some crazy and deadly advice are coming from you for the op to also make his like miserable like your own. Misery they say seeks company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by tjman: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2022
Bro, you respond in arrogant tune.. and that is bad. mind you the people taking out time to respond, are not your family members and or have nothing to gain from all the possible outcomes. My submissions are as follows:
1. You need to come down from your arrogant nature and start thinking critically before attacking your advisers
2. You need to do what their cultures says if you truly loved her and also love your son. Mind you that is her culture and she loved you.
3. It is not about Money any more.. If you agree to marry her, you wont be ask to spend like the regular marriage rights. The family might even be willing to do it for you.. It is the fact that you can agree to the marriage that is important. your willing to marry her in death, will prove to them you would have done it if she was alive
4. Mind you some people end up separating after having children together, So the family is trying to see your true intentions.
5. Sorry for the loans. The family understands and are willing to help you but what binds you and them is the culture and the marriage rights. which will make you an in-law and wipe the shame from their daughter.
finally that's the only way they can trust you with the child.

2 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Amarisco(f): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

No I won't

Then go and sleep then which kind advice you sef dey find

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by twosquare(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2022
dobnina:

OP, pls try and raise some money and pay her bride price. This life is very deep. A lot of thins are happening that we can't even explain. Don't jeopardize your future.
This lady bore you a son. Pls respect her and pay the bride price.
Something like this has happened before and the guy died mysteriously.
This life is very deep.
who killed the guy if not the girl's family through spiritual means. As a result, they've automatically become murderers. Now, something strange will start happening in their generation and people will start blaming God.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Kingnelson9: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2022
You have money for burial and also money to pay lawyers to keep ur son with you but you never had the money to pay for her bride price when she was still alive.
Somethings are wrong here, are you a ritualist?
You must be a wicked man

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by kasim155: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2022
OP is just proving stubborn here, u can't tell the girl's family to ignore their tradition just becos of u, U have to try to talk to the girl brother to see how he can help u out, maybe they will allow u to do it in a very small way, but if u are trying to prove stubborn then the family will show u shege. U are not bigger than their tradition.

2 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Supreme01: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Sorry it's not necessary, I won't let you lots to turn this to a tribal war.

God bless and help u over come this situation for not giving this bigot of nairalanders.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by emonis88: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2022
seniormallam:
wetin concern the sister for this matter? Why must she suffer this much for a useless brother........
But another person's sister is dead right now n is laying in the morgue, n he just wants d dig a grave n bury her m drive off into d sunset.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Pascaldebravoo: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Why would I carry it to the village..?
It's already in the morgue, for her people arrival, it's their daughter.
Have done my most vital parts borrowing money to save her now am in debts, if you want me to marry her corpse because am scared. My brother you're wrong.

Bro, that is the more reason why u would have listened to your mom or parents every tribe has its culture, you know. Although it depends on how you see it, it might not necessarily mean that you are marrying the corpse but they want you to fulfill the culture that qualifies you as the legitimate father of your son. You see, in the eye of the tradition that child does not belong to you unless you pay her mother's bride price—and that's all they want you to do.

Now you do not need to take this matter for granted cos is capable of putting you into an unnecessary spiritual battle. My advice for you is that you need to see the family with some important people in your family so that there can be an amicable settlement between the two of you.

2 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Jmichael1(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2022
lendahand:
you just defined yourself
i swear d guy too dey rude..haba!!!

2 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Barbiturate(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I can't borrow money to marry her corpse, never
The debts I borrowed from her treatment up to a millionaire is still in my neck, haven't even paid dine from it.

I feel you bro, and I understand your pov.
The truth is; you made a very big mistake, keeping her in your house, sleeping with her and impregnating her without paying her brideprice. The brideprice is very cheap. It's just a tradition of taking her as your wife.
When I went to pay my woman's brideprice, I had 50k on me, but the dad collected only 4k and gave me back the rest. He said his daughter isn't for sale.

I understand you spent so much money on her sickness but you have to fix your mistake.
Going to pay her brideprice and doing other traditional rites doesn't mean you won't remarry. It won't also cost you much. For your sanity, peace and custody of your child, pls do it.

If you refuse and leave her corpse in the morgue for her family, you will have a whole lot to contend with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Deeprooted: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

No I won't

If you're not ready to take advise from people on the forum, why then are you bothering people?

Go and pay the bride price, you said no, tell the tribe to enable people give alternative, no!

Obviously this is why you went against your mum's advice!

Don't allow them make life miserable for you

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Tolu181: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2022
Chidi2022:
You are the one who should keep shut... If that lady lying in the morgue was to be your sister... will you ask him to shut up? Idiot.
did he kill her
Did he force her to stay with him?

Nawa for una
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by unisnaira: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2022
JoviaIJune:
na Akwa Ibom girl?
Ma her family people kill her so as to put you for wahala
I heard they part of Akwa Ibom do that alot by killing their daughter so one come to pay bride price most especially if the man is financially buoyant and has not pay bride price. Reason l left my girlfriend from Ana Clan of Akwa Ibom state before she go get pregnant
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by toprealman: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

You here for the tribe only?
Or to give me reasonable advise?
Don't be selfish, you may be saving someone who is at the verge of making same mistake.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by FireUpNow(m): 11:27am On Apr 30, 2022
If that is what will bring peace go ahead and marry the corpse. Negotiate with the family to lower the expenses. My 2 Kobo advice though
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Abudu2000(m): 11:27am On Apr 30, 2022
Felimax:
You just can't run away from it. Don't be a fool.

So the beautiful late woman who bore you a son does not deserve to be honoured as your wife and you have kept her till death?

Go and do the needful, respect that young woman.
We always tell people to be very careful. Why should a woman stay with you when you know you have not married her? Why

Can't she come spend some time and go back? Must you keep her like your sex slave? If I format your brain with punchslap, you will go and do the needful.
he's a marital fraudster and even a kidnapper because it's kidnapping to keep a woman you are not married to. And for those asking about tribe almost all tribe do it.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by MilitantAtheist: 11:28am On Apr 30, 2022
You will not last more than 1 year at most if you don't honour the late woman who bore you a son. No tribe in Delta state will allow you go Scot free with this wickedness you're doing to their late daughter. When it happened with my aunty the man was not only made to pay her bride price but also build her a house in which she was buried. Don't play with your life, you will die under 1 year if you don't do it after much suffering. Even if you won't honour the mom pity your son who your stupid action will make an orphan

3 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by leoblacky: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2022
Dey there dey shout i will not marry the corps unless the girl family just leave but if not u will regret coming to this world.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by tranxo(m): 11:29am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

No I won't
Even here on a faceless forum, you are VERY STUBBORN.

3 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by oluwaseyi0: 11:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Alexgeneration:
If you don't marry the woman, the children doesn't belong to you. They belong to the girl's family.

Why are Igbo baby mama now calling out their baby daddy for not been responsible even baby daddy that is already married

This means all baby daddy are free of responsibility, they can impregnate and move on as they wish instead of paying this monthly upkeep

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by ibechris(m): 11:30am On Apr 30, 2022
advanceDNA:

your uncle marry corpse?? tueh!!!!
what kind of tradition is that...??
to what aim.??

In my place u will not marry the corpse by virtue of your thinking,but to do everything in the marriage list and some traditional rites would be performed.

Ask questions and u would be answered clearly.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Chidi2022: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2022
Tolu181:
did he kill her
Did he force her to stay with him?

Nawa for una
Then make your points known without insulting anyone.... every one is entitled to his or opinion without insults....
One thing you should know is that OTHER PEOPLE CORPSE LOOKS LIKE A LOG OF WOOD..
You can never understand a situation you have never pass through whether as a oppressor or the oppressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by tomania(m): 11:31am On Apr 30, 2022
My bro...u are not marrying a dead person, u are only honouring someone u love and u have to do it for the sake of ur child..cos in delta here there is a tribe that does same ...the child will never be urs untill u pay the bride price of the mother ...they not asking u to throw a marriage party ..in delta here ..just one elder and three bags of salts and 1k is enuf to do it....

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Nellsworld(m): 11:32am On Apr 30, 2022
Op, better go pay her dowry, it wouldn't be funny as u think, don't say we didn't warn u, first the lady body wouldn't put to rest, and they can take ur son without u doing anything cos u never paid her dowry, even if u go to court, you will lose cos our constitution recognizes traditions of the land, that's y we have customary court, if it was my side, u go pay twice the normal bride price, if she haven't died in ur care or watch, you would ve been free, pls go and negotiate and pay her dowry, cos the war you are abt to bring is not just physical, it contains both emotionally and spiritually, it will not only affect you, ur son, ur parents and siblings, that is wat a Dad's cousin's boyfrd is suffering right now, she gave birth to 4 grown-up kids,and the guy refused to pay her bride price, and she died in his watch, the family took the kids, i mean the youngest was 16yrs, and the oldest 22, told him to pay before her body go enter ground. Except you no love her and don't want her to rest in peace, continue with ur stubbornness, and get ready to face the music, some places will even invoke her spirit to torment u till you do the needful

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by nonut: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I don't believe in curses, A man can not define my fate in life..I was more concerned about my son that's why I brought it here.
I fear no man
You're a foolish guy. You knock their daughter up, bring shame to their family because of it, and you want them to leave the child for you? Which planet are you from? If that lady is from igbo land, especially Enugu, the kain juju wey go destabilise your life, you'll beg to die, but the demons trailing you won't let you. You lived and slept with the woman while she was alive, why can't you marry her while she's dead?

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Ilaje1: 11:33am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

joseph,how can you claim I killed her when she's been back to the village twice this period when she was sick with several tradition medicine you all gave her still it had no effect. I had to borrow money to take to several hospitals for test and different expensive drug's, while you all were just sitting there with no monetary assistance.
I said am tired.
I can't marry your sister dead body, am expecting the worst from you

I don't know why you are troubling yourself. It was a mutual agreement between you and the girl to live together. She was an adult and not a minor when she moved in with you, hence, old enough to decide in shat she wants. It is high time we stopped that nonsensical getting marrying to a corpse in the name of tradition. We might as well walk bare footed, no vehicles in the name of traditions. Guy, if anyone touch your son, report to the kidnap case to the police immediately. Nobody had the right to take your son away from you.

4 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Jmichael1(m): 11:33am On Apr 30, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I fear no man

OGA....We can't help u,carry ur cross alone.
u are rude to every one here yet u seek advice 4rm dem....
omoh use ur upper...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / Woman Celebrates Her Marriage Breakup With Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.