Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Aba Vs Ibadan Development - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Vs Ibadan Development (25253 Views)

Aba Vs Abeokuta Development / Ariaria Market, Aba vs Igbudu Market Warri. ( picture's) / Ibadan in 1976 vs Ibadan in 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by bomb24: 4:16pm On May 01, 2022
BKayy:

Nna, there is nothing we won't see on nairaland grin
These guys are so ashamed of Ibadan that they use her pictures to mock Aba.

Like, didn't the guy see the statue of Poverty Ibadan is known for in the picture?
Or the Cocoa House on far right?

"Statue of poverty" bkayy stop abeg. Laugh wan keep me!

2 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Ibadanpikin: 4:39pm On May 01, 2022
Transcriber:
yeah cheesy
That's why Emeka is selling gala barefoot at Bodija cheesy
No,that is why iwo road ibadan is majority own by igbos the gala seller who hardwork have turn to a multi millionaire.Because of envy of yorubas,towards this gala sellers the have decided to mine the skull of their people,father mining the skull of son,son mining the head of father all these to challenge the gala seller.

2 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by horsepower102: 4:45pm On May 01, 2022
After going through this thread, I have to give it to yorubas.

No tribe in Nigeria is better than them in the art of deflection. They know how to leave the main issue and divert attention to something useless.

What has landmass got to do with city development.
Besides Oyo state is bigger than Israel.

6 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Smoke55: 4:54pm On May 01, 2022
helinues:
All 5 SE states are just a little bigger than Oyo state in Landmass..

How can you guys be using una 2x2 Abia state to be comparing Oyo state..

What an insult
the question is which one is more developed not which one is bigger,you afonjaz have a way of changing goal post..

Nigeria is bigger than Dubai yet Dubai is more developed and 100milion better than Nigeria so what's your point now??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by horsepower102: 5:00pm On May 01, 2022
I have said it before and I will say it until my death. Every Yoruba cities should be developed to Eastern European cities level.

They never experienced any war. War is devastating.

They were the most educated tribe for decades after the civil war.

They benefited from the indiginization policy passed immediately after the civil war.

They were in charge of the economy after the civil war while the north controlled politics.

They have uninterrupted access to the sea.

They travel outside of Nigeria just like Igbos which means that they should know what real development looks like.

The fact that yorubas settled for mediocrity for decades after the civil war shows that is a cultural issue.
Lagos that they brag about is not of their own making. It was done with the contribution of everyone especially Igbos. If you doubt me, compare Lagos to port novo in Benin republic.

11 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 5:17pm On May 01, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

You have nothing to post dude

Bro I have a lots to post about your dipalated region ... Your region is the worse and most poorest in the south with low purchasing power...
All nnewi audio billoniares can not make it a develop City... No single ibo man worth just 1 billion dollars in history except on Internet....
See your city below

6 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 5:19pm On May 01, 2022
Smoke55:
the question is which one is more developed not which one is bigger,you afonjaz have a way of changing goal post..

Nigeria is bigger than Dubai yet Dubai is more developed and 100milion better than Nigeria so what's your point now??
Ibadsn is far developed than any city u can think off in the south east.... Ibadsn has better infrastructure with serene environment...

6 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2022
horsepower102:
I have said it before and I will say it until my death. Every Yoruba cities should be developed to Eastern European cities level.

They benefited from the indiginization policy passed immediately after the civil war.

They were in charge of the economy after the civil war while the north controlled politics.

They travel outside of Nigeria just like Igbos which means that they should know what real development looks like.

The fact that yorubas settled for mediocrity for decades after the civil war shows that is a cultural issue.
Lagos that they brag about is not of their own making. It was done with the contribution of everyone especially Igbos. If you doubt me, compare Lagos to port novo in Benin republic.
Bro who cursed your region not tto have a port ? Is it the fault of the yorubas ? That your region is a cursed land ... It has no economical value to FG... That's why your people are worthless in the scheme of nigeria affairs... Who care about the dot people of 5 inconsequential %... Abeg swave... Walefresh3 is here today stay off my peoples or else u go collect wotowoto...
Poorest majiri South....

5 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 5:29pm On May 01, 2022
horsepower102:

No tribe in Nigeria is better than them in the art of deflection. They know how to leave the main issue and divert attention to something useless.

Oga ade show me any infrastructure like this in your cursed region...

5 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by OFFICIAL336: 5:30pm On May 01, 2022
walefresh3:

Bro I have a lots to post about your dipalated region ... Your region is the worse and most poorest in the south with low purchasing power...
All nnewi audio billoniares can not make it a develop City... No single ibo man worth just 1 billion dollars in history except on Internet....
See your city below
Keep posting 2013 pictures

grin
Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by OFFICIAL336: 5:31pm On May 01, 2022
walefresh3:

Oga ade show me any infrastructure like this in your cursed region...
We are doing Aba vs Ibadan and this dude is posting Ikeja bus terminals

grin

5 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by OFFICIAL336: 5:33pm On May 01, 2022
horsepower102:

That's what I keep saying

Yorubas didn't see war, the run the Nigerian economy for more 15 years during and after the war, the had everything going for them, yet they still live in dilapitated houses

4 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 5:33pm On May 01, 2022
horsepower102:

You have no place in your region that deserved to be call City , all are dungeons ...
Do u have a place like dis in ibo land ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Michael004: 5:33pm On May 01, 2022
horsepower102:

Shut this your trap you called mouth about war, war, war.

Which war did you experience?

Where are the pictures of leveled anambra, enugu,imo, abia or ebonyi.

We all saw Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Did you experience what they experienced.

Can you compare any of your city to those two today.

4 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 5:38pm On May 01, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Yorubas didn't see war, the run the Nigerian economy for more 15 years during and after the war, the had everything going for them, yet they still live in dilapitated houses
Bro let's compare with your best...who cursed you to go to war ? U have worse dilapidated houses than the west... Are u kidding yourself...
Is dis what u call gold city in your poor region ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Michael004: 5:39pm On May 01, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Infact, you should be ashamed, If truly they destroyed your place as you claim, then you people should be competing with Hiroshima in development today.

There is a saying that a a palace that got burnt only add beauty to the palace. Which means, by the time the new palace is built, it will be more beatiful than the burnt one.

Why is your supposed leveled land still look like pig land?

This is your leveled enugu below, why did it look like this?

3 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 5:42pm On May 01, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Keepshot
See your poor anambra peoples roam around in poor dilapidated community....war rampage dungeon...

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by B2mario(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2022
Transcriber:
yeah Igbos are 1 billion cheesy

Travel and see
Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by SmokedWhiskey: 6:22pm On May 01, 2022
Oga you keep posting the same cluster of buildings in Aba over and over again you no dey tire? Ibadan can comfortably boast of at least 10 estates if that’s your yard stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RITI0SIL4
Ibadan pass Aba in all ramifications, fact.

Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/F5RITI0SIL4

5 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2022
B2mario:

It's not true. We Igbos have population and we are seen everywhere. Nobody is running from Aba, Aba has better infrastructures and opportunities than Ibadan. Travel to Aba and see the large population there.

I personally can not live in Ibadan. It's too dirty and scary to my liking.
Better opportunities and the peoples are very poor.... With low purchasing power... Why are u contradicting your self ?

1 Like

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by B2mario(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

That is to show that there is a repercussion for every evil.
Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by FACE(m): 6:28pm On May 01, 2022
B2mario:

Pls use your Google map and zoom it more and more you will definitely see that Ibadan is not larger than Aba. Aba area is densely populated and has more satellite towns and zones than Ibadan.

I purposely excluded the satellite areas to Aba, otherwise areas as far as Obehie and Owerrinta can easily qualify as Aba suburbs. The point is that the claim that Ibadan is more than 3000sqkm is almost assuming a life of it's own, whereas it is less than 600sqkm, including significant patches of green areas.

1 Like

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 6:38pm On May 01, 2022
Ibos with audio money that's not reflecting in vat record...t
These peoples can lies for Africa....

See your eldorado city below...your region is cursed to the extend that your own people can't live there..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by B2mario(m): 6:58pm On May 01, 2022
Michael004:
Shut this your trap you called mouth about war, war, war.

Which war did you experience?

Where are the pictures of leveled anambra, enugu,imo, abia or ebonyi.

We all saw Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Did you experience what they experienced.

Can you compare any of your city to those two today.

You are wrong if you are taking it this way. Hiroshima and Nagasaki was rebuilt by the Japanese government while Igboland was left by Nigerian government for the igbos to rebuild. They even frustrated the rebuilding of the region by imposing the abandoned property and 20 pounds policies against the Igbos, by not reabsorbing the Igbos into the Nigerian civil service forcing many Igbo outside southeast to drop Igbo names. They carved out all the areas with oil and access to sea from southeast and put them in Rivers and Akwa ibom states. They failed to site signature projects in southeast, they brought up so many policies to surpress the Igbos and hinder speedy development in Igbo land. The two airports we had then was built with money contributed by individuals, the railway we have was the one built by the colonial masters for the export and transportation of coal from Enugu to Port Harcourt.

And the question you should be asking yourself if you are sincere is why the sudden closure of port Harcourt and Calabar seaports which were helping businesses in Aba and the Aba economy? Why the refusal to build seaport in Onitsha and Azumini?

All these were aimed at frustrating development in southeast and boost the ones of Lagos and the north.

But thanks to almighty God who out of his love do not allow them to succeed.

4 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 7:03pm On May 01, 2022
Ibadanpikin:
But your wretched people were calling for Tinubu to come to their rescue in Ladipo,that igbos are buying up their lands and turning them to slaves.
And you think your poverty stricken people can buy Ladipo?
Poverty man,your fleeing wretched Igbos are poverty stricken so they can only use mouths to buy things just like you are doing.Igala people have bought all the land in UK...that is how easy it is to buy things the poverty stricken Igbo way.
Igbos are the most poverty stricken in the South....World bank
11 million Igbos have fled to the rich Yoruba people's land to do petty,petty trading.....Umahi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by B2mario(m): 7:12pm On May 01, 2022
walefresh3:

Better opportunities and the peoples are very poor.... With low purchasing power... Why are u contradicting your self ?

Keep on deceiving yourself with a concocted information. That 2020 or whatever poverty survey was not genuinely and properly conducted. For your mind, Osun and Ondo are doing better than Anambra, Imo, Abia and Enugu? And Oyo is better than Ebonyi?

Nigeria can never tell you the truth. For your information, a sample size of 22,000 can not be used to determine the poverty status of a country with over 200,000,000 people. And Igbos are the richest in Africa. We may not have much billionaires but over 70% of our population are millionaires get this in your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by B2mario(m): 7:16pm On May 01, 2022
SmokedWhiskey:
Oga you keep posting the same cluster of buildings in Aba over and over again you no dey tire? Ibadan can comfortably boast of at least 10 estates if that’s your yard stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RITI0SIL4
Ibadan pass Aba in all ramifications, fact.

Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/F5RITI0SIL4

I still see rubbish here compared to the ones of Aba, Umuahia, Abiriba, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Asaba.
Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Transcriber: 7:23pm On May 01, 2022
B2mario:

Travel and see
it's 3 billion then
Since you don't agree to 1 billion cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2022
B2mario:

Keep on deceiving yourself with a concocted information. That 2020 or whatever poverty survey was not genuinely and properly conducted. For your mind, Osun and Ondo are doing better than Anambra, Imo, Abia and Enugu? And Oyo is better than Ebonyi?

Nigeria can never tell you the truth. For your information, a sample size of 22,000 can not be used to determine the poverty status of a country with over 200,000,000 people. And Igbos are the richest in Africa. We may not have much billionaires but over 70% of our population are millionaires get this in your brain.
Oga ade show me the report of 2021 vat... Let see something... Stop decieving people here... Nothing dey that side ... South east is a barren land... It has no economical value to FG... No this and no Peace..

2 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2022
B2mario:

Look at the truth your fellow ibo man from aba said below...

The truth is that Southeast is not as developed as other regions of Nigeria but we are deceiving ourselves with housing which is just one aspect of development. If you watch this thread and all the other threads it all boils down to comparing the type of houses in Southeast with that of other regions . The challenge of scarce land resources prompted the building of multiple floored residential buildings which appear beautiful on photos but are not as comfortable as bungalows in reality because 99% of them don't come with lifts and a good number don't even have water and steady electricity like typical Nigeria.
For a building to have an elevator

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by walefresh3(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2022
B2mario:

You are wrong if you are taking it this way. Hiroshima and Nagasaki was rebuilt by the Japanese government while Igboland was left by Nigerian government for the igbos to rebuild. They even frustrated the rebuilding of the region by imposing the abandoned property and 20 pounds policies against the Igbos, by not reabsorbing the Igbos into the Nigerian civil service forcing many Igbo outside southeast to drop Igbo names. They carved out all the areas with oil and access to sea from southeast and put them in Rivers and Akwa ibom states. They failed to site signature projects in southeast, they brought up so many policies to surpress the Igbos and hinder speedy development in Igbo land. The two airports we had then was built with money contributed by individuals, the railway we have was the one built by the colonial masters for the export and transportation of coal from Enugu to Port Harcourt.

And the question you should be asking yourself if you are sincere is why the sudden closure of port Harcourt and Calabar seaports which were helping businesses in Aba and the Aba economy? Why the refusal to build seaport in Onitsha and Azumini?

All these were aimed at frustrating development in southeast and boost the ones of Lagos and the north.

But thanks to almighty God who out of his love do not allow them to succeed.

Bro that your region is very poor.. imagine a whole region generating 29 billions for the year 2022... While ibadan alone generated within 59 to 64 billions within same period....

Your buildings is not generating any to u peoples.. it has no economical value to Nigeria government....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by obaaderemi: 7:44pm On May 01, 2022
walefresh3:

See your city below
Don't mind them. grin

It always makes one laugh when these ibos out of inferiority complex compare their places with the places in the west.

All available statistics show that they're behind.

What's The ranking of the highest ranked university in the east to that of ibadan?

How many highrises are in aba compared to ibadan?

What about access to electricity?

What about banking coverage?

What about formal retailing? We're not talking about 2 by 2 informal retailing ibos like.

What about housing?
What about hotels?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted / Nigeria Regains Cheapest Petrol In West Africa Title / NAF To Deploy Additional Personnel To Niger Delta(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.