Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Aba Vs Ibadan Development - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Vs Ibadan Development (25318 Views)

Aba Vs Abeokuta Development / Ariaria Market, Aba vs Igbudu Market Warri. ( picture's) / Ibadan in 1976 vs Ibadan in 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
3s
Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2022
OFFICIAL336:
This is Mapo, the centre of Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUYY2Ur8z0

This Aba, the supposed worst city in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ogjN0TQTY4

Which is more developed?
lol
Stupidity at its highest level.
Ibadan and Aba keh?
Ibadan only is more developed than the entire Igboland.
Aba can be compared with only Alalubosa GRA or just one of the more than 10 GRAs in Ibadan.

Ishilove na wah o.

lalasticlala,Please take it to front page.I wan show how only Ibadan city is more developed than the entire SE.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by famouscargo4u: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Don't go that route, FYI, Aba has more industries, both indigenous and multinationals!

I challenge you to name the companies in Aba while I name that of Ibadan. Only Lagos and Ogun state trump Ibadan in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2022
famouscargo4u:

I challenge you to name the companies in Aba while I name that of Ibadan. Only Lagos and Ogun state trump Ibadan in Nigeria
lol
Aba keh?That dump?
Even Anambra state cannot come out talkless of that dustbin.
Those guys are just stupid.
If they have the balls,let us compare infrastructures in Ibadan to the whole SE if Ibadan will not trample Igboland.
Showing the video of Maroko in Lagos or Mapo area in Ibadan does not mean that they are not more developed than the entire Igboland which has very scanty modern buildings and infrastructures..

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Why not name the industries in Ibadan first since you want to throw the challenge while I name the ones in Aba? Lol, if Aba is not industrialized, you think shell would have built gas pipelines to the city? You think Geometric would have built the biggest private power plant there?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2022
Obamaofusa:

[s]lol
Aba keh?That dump?
Even Anambra state cannot come out talkless of that dustbin.
Those guys are just stupid.
If they have the balls,let us compare infrastructures in Ibadan to the whole SE if Ibadan will not trample Igboland.
Showing the video of Maroko in Lagos or Mapo area in Ibadan does not mean that they are not more developed than the entire Igboland which has very scanty modern buildings and infrastructures..[/s]

Stop decieving yourself, Ibadan is the world's largest slum settlement. It's not a city but a slum in the strict sense of the word!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Why not name the industries in Ibadan first since you want to throw the challenge while I name the ones in Aba? Lol, if Aba is not industrialized, you think shell would have built gas pipelines to the city? You think Geometric would have built the biggest private power plant there?

You are a joker,clown.

7 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by techWriter3: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2022
Simple questionWhy have Nigerians hate abode in ugly homes and landscape

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Stop decieving yourself, Ibadan is the world's largest slum settlement. It's not a city but a slum in the strict sense of the word!

lol

Wailing is allowed but Ibadan city remains more developed than the entire shithole you call Igboland.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2022
Igboland
Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Islandlady(f): 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Comparing a slum Aba to IBADAN is the most stupidest thing I have read on the internet today!

Y'all go and check out the pictures of IBADAN city threads I created yesterday on my page and see how beautiful ibadan is grin Bunch of delusional clowns

Outta here

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Malory: 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2022
helinues:
All 5 SE states are just a little bigger than Oyo state in Landmass..

How can you guys be using una 2x2 Abia state to be comparing Oyo state..

What an insult
What an incoherent bunkum. Mr man are you well at all?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by famouscargo4u: 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2022
Abagworo:

Aba isn't 70 km square as you claim . Aba South is about 70 square Kilometers but then there are Aba North, Osisioma, Obingwa and Ugwunagbo LGAs which are all larger except Aba North that is smaller. Ibadan is bigger than Aba in surface area but when you put into consideration that most houses in Aba are 4 to 8 floors as against Ibadan's 1 to 3 you will realize Ibadan is probably just one and half times the size of Aba. Ibadan has better roads and more government presence being a State and regional capital but Aba has better housing and arrangement pattern almost entirely built without much government contribution . That beautiful drone view of Aba will turn ugly on ground because of bad roads and poor waste management.

The only thing thing Aba had more than Ibadan is modern houses. Aside that, Ibadan beats Aba on other indices- road network, companies, landmass, GDP, security etc

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Islandlady(f): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
famouscargo4u:

The only thing thing Aba had more than Ibadan is modern houses. Aside that, Ibadan beats Aba on other indices- road network, companies, landmass, GDP, security etc
Never Aba don't have modern house like ibadan even in their dream! Go check out the New ibadan city on my page thread and you will come back and edit your post

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
famouscargo4u:

lol
Are you a clown or what?
Have you been to Ibadan before.Or you just stayed in the behind Mapo area?
Ibadan has more modern buildings than the entire Igboland.
Aba can be likened to 1 GRA in Ibadan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Abagworo(m): 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2022
famouscargo4u:

I can only dispute that of companies because I know both cities do have a whole lot but the shoe industry in Aba is the largest conglomerate in Africa with up to 40,000 factories at a spot. Maybe you mean multinational companies not small and medium scale.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Reality3080: 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2022
Islandlady:
Never Aba don't have modern house like ibadan even in their dream! Go check out the New ibadan city on my page thread and you will come back and edit your post
guy only providence estate in ibadan will beat d whole of aba hands down,if e sure for op tell him to compare d video of highbrow areas in ibadan to that of aba

Y will any sane person take pictures of houses built in 1950 to pictures of houses built less than 10 years ago

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Islandlady(f): 5:34pm On Apr 30, 2022
Reality3080:
guy only providence estate in ibadan will beat d whole of aba hands down,if e sure for op tell him to compare d video of highbrow areas in ibadan to that of aba

Y will any sane person take pictures of houses built in 1950 to pictures of houses built less than 10 years ago
hey I think you quoted the wrong person grin
Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by ba7man(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Aba doesn't have more modern houses than Ibadan.

Heck, Aba doesn't even have a Central business district, just a Central Market district.

The informal sector dominates the economy of Aba, hence the large dirty markets.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2022
Obamaofusa:

lol

Wailing is allowed but Ibadan city remains more developed than the entire shithole you call Igboland.

Yet dilapidated mud houses and rusted roofs make up over 90% of the entire slum settlement called ibadan?! Continue decieving yourself.

14 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
Abagworo:

I can only dispute that of companies because I know both cities do have a whole lot but the shoe industry in Aba is the largest conglomerate in Africa with up to 40,000 factories at a spot. Maybe you mean multinational companies not small and medium scale.

Even multinational industries, Ibadan does not have more than Aba. Let him list them here and I will list the ones in Aba!

12 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by forgiveness: 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2022
Abagworo:

Aba isn't 70 km square as you claim . Aba South is about 70 square Kilometers but then there are Aba North, Osisioma, Obingwa and Ugwunagbo LGAs which are all larger except Aba North that is smaller. Ibadan is bigger than Aba in surface area but when you put into consideration that most houses in Aba are 4 to 8 floors as against Ibadan's 1 to 3 you will realize Ibadan is probably just one and half times the size of Aba. Ibadan has better roads and more government presence being a State and regional capital but Aba has better housing and arrangement pattern almost entirely built without much government contribution . That beautiful drone view of Aba will turn ugly on ground because of bad roads and poor waste management.

Stop fooling people here. ABA doesn't have better housing than Ibadan.

Besides, ABA was planned by Mbakwe when he was the governor of Imo. Then Abia was still part of Imo state.

How can you now come out and lie broad day light that the arrangement pattern was built without government's contribution?

You can lie oooo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by famouscargo4u: 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
Assetinvestor:

You are the one beating chest na

4 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Yet dilapidated mud houses and rusted roofs make up over 90% of the entire slum settlement called ibadan?! Continue decieving yourself.
Are you talking about these mud houses,village old man?
11 Million Igbos have fled to the SW including Assetinvestor....Umahi.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2022

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
Obamaofusa:

Are you talking about these mud houses,village old man?
11 Million Igbos have fled to the SW including Assetinvestor....Umahi.

Fled to Lagos, Nigeria's financial capital you mean? Same way 11 million Yorubas fled to Lagos from their dungeons?

I personally couldn't stand the congestion in Lagos, world's 2nd most unlivable city and I fled the city years back.

Meanwhile showing pictures of a garden and a few buildings that make up 0.00001% of Ibadan while the remaining 99.99% looks like 1780 Timbuktu is rubbish!

11 Likes

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by naija4life247: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2022
OFFICIAL336:
This is Mapo, the centre of Ibadan

This Aba, the supposed worst city in Nigeria

Which is more developed?

Go and count how many Yorubas you will see in Aba if at all, then see if you can count the millions of Igbos Ibadan. Then tell me why it is so.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Fled to Lagos, Nigeria's financial capital you mean? Same way 11 million Yorubas fled to Lagos from their dungeons?

I personally couldn't stand the congestion in Lagos, world's 2nd most unlivable city and I fled the city years back.

Meanwhile showing pictures of a garden and a few buildings that make up 0.00001% of Ibadan while the remaining 99.99% looks like 1780 Timbuktu is rubbish!
lol
You and your family,dogs and grannies are surely holed up somewhere under a brown roof in Yorubaland.

Your wailing continues as Ibadan will always be more developed than the entire Igboland.
More 11 million Igbos are preparing to flee to Yorubaland because of poverty....Umahi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Obamaofusa: 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Vs Ibadan Development by Factshunter: 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
What nonsense. No sane human being with his or her sanity intact would dare compare Aba of all places with almighty Ibadan. OP is not OK at all.

This is insult sad sad sad sad. Gosh!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole At Edo Children's Christmas Party / Governor Udom Emmanuel Stops His Convoy To Buy Pears From A Roadside Seller / 2023: Nigerians In Diaspora Endorse Yahaya Bello, Set Up Office In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.