Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister (16352 Views)

ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? / IPPIS: Some Lecturers Got Excess Salaries, Had To Refund – Emeka Nwajiuba / We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:03am On May 03, 2022
So what's the logic in paying NASU members alone who are also striking?
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Kyase(m): 10:04am On May 03, 2022
Maynman:

government has not been paying ASUU their deserve salary maybe that’s why.
Deserve salary, How.......
ASUU strike no be today

Every year dem must go holiday, lazy mofos

1 Like

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by sinkhole: 10:06am On May 03, 2022
Mario1989:
So if the government ignore ASUU fight, na so they go later, shamelessly call off and waste students time for nothing...
This ASUU/FG sef, I am not understanding anymore...
Clearly, you're not understanding!
ASUU salaries stopped since February ending, i.e., they did not receive March and April, it will continue like that till the end of the strike, but the twist to the whole thing is that before the strike will be finally suspended or called-off, ASUU will ensure that FG promise that all the unpaid salaries should be paid and FG will agree! Now, the students have grown old, even if the ASUU decided to rush the students (which is still bad for the students, as they will learn nothing!) and nobody will consider or repay the student's loss of lifetime!
Summary: FG and ASUU will gain, students will loose!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by BobPRESS5(m): 10:09am On May 03, 2022
Issue BASED!!!

We are not expecting treat from you minister!
Please call for a roundtable discussions and figure out the issue ASUU raised.
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Dnlblessed(m): 10:10am On May 03, 2022
most of Dem coming on this platform to write trash don't understand.
ASUU are right in their agitation. The government aren't willing to do what is right.
The nation is in chaos. Doctors are on strike, insecurities everywhere.
Throughout the pandemic, the populace suffered but the government still lived lavishly.
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by mekuilis(m): 10:10am On May 03, 2022
Deeprooted:
Fake minister!

You shouldn't be in that position. When NANS visited this man, you won't believe he walked out on then without anyone calling him to order. As a minister of Education, who's your number 1 interest if not the students?

Don't pay the striking lecturers but you, with nothing to show for your ministry should continue to be paid?

slowpoke, it was the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu who walked out. You know next to nothing about the obvious and yet you want to talk.
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by jmaine: 10:10am On May 03, 2022
TenQ:

If they don't go on strike, you ignor them. Now, they are on strike, you say no payment of salary.
Evil Government!

Exactly...

1 Like

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by amp01(m): 10:11am On May 03, 2022
Vulcanheph:
This is the same person that wants to contest for presidency, yet has no empathy for ASUU's problems.

Has anyone asked him how he got the funds to buy the 100 million naira form ... Since he's not a politician (we know that all politicians stole theirs.)

Don't the government pay him?
What is 100 million to government officers, senators and house of representative members?
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by irunoko(m): 10:12am On May 03, 2022
dontrulee:

The problem is not ASUU. The problem is FG, since 2009, FG has not fulfilled it's promise towards the academic sector
exactly.yet these same students who are victims of fg/ASUU squabbles will allow themselves to be recruited for political violence and rigging of elections for crumbs.i even heard one collected 1,200 naira to disrupt elections.meanwhile they'll turn around and complain of bad governance when they enabled a desperate crook to enter power.so you expect an unscrupulous politician to take ASUU seriously or your education when you have directly or indirectly pushed him to Power

Every nigerian whether students, lecturer, buisness man,worker or civil servant is a victim of collective gross stupidity by allowing immediate gratification make you enable riffraffs into Power.nobody for naija wey no dey collect flogging from government
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by blackpanda: 10:12am On May 03, 2022
jmaine:

OBJ did same... GEJ did same.... Buhari did same during a rugged covid year.... No drama ended... It only increases the resolve of members to down tools until the needful is done....

Well it also increases govt resolve to cut off their salary. No work no pay!
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Bigfish121(m): 10:17am On May 03, 2022
ASUU have been going on strike since time immemorial and the issues continue to longer on.The better know that they are in Nigeria and we don't want to progress.They better call off the strike and allow students to graduate in peace.
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by dontrulee: 10:17am On May 03, 2022
irunoko:
exactly.yet these same students who are victims of fg/ASUU squabbles will allow themselves to be recruited for political violence and rigging of elections for crumbs.i even heard one collected 1,200 naira to disrupt elections.meanwhile they'll turn around and complain of bad governance when they enabled a desperate crook to enter power.so you expect an unscrupulous politician to take ASUU seriously or your education when you have directly or indirectly pushed him to Power

Every nigerian whether students, lecturer, buisness man,worker or civil servant is a victim of collective gross stupidity by allowing immediate gratification make you enable riffraffs into Power.nobody for naija wey no dey collect flogging from government

Lol, the fact is the realities of those in power is far different from the realities of the common mass. That's why Osinbajo wants to build on the "failed" legacy of buhari because in his own reality, Buhari is a success and he has transformed the lives of Nigerians. If only he knows.... grin grin
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by irunoko(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2022
amp01:

Don't the government pay him?
What is 100 million to government officers, senators and house of representative members?
while the nation they are governing is world's poverty capital, people dying of hunger,food insecurity, national insecurity, educational collapse.every institution is deteriorating and collapsing everyday and you say what is 100 million.were you born without a conscience? undecided

1 Like

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by irunoko(m): 10:22am On May 03, 2022
dontrulee:

Lol, the fact is the realities of those in power is far different from the realities of the common mass. That's why Osinbajo wants to build on the "failed" legacy of buhari because in his own reality, Buhari is a success and he has transformed the lives of Nigerians. If only he knows.... grin grin
it's either he's listening to liars and sychophants or he's the one lying to himself.is he deaf or blind? Can't he see poverty, malnutrition and illiteracy literally written on the poor nigerians on the streets Abi his domestic workers no dey bring newspaper come him house Abi he no get television for house? Isn't he getting feedback from the people?
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by MisfitHPG: 10:27am On May 03, 2022
Kyase:
Aswear. When they are ready for their salaries, they will resume
ASUU will be feeling like another tier of government
Rubbish people
you are a dog
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by amp01(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2022
irunoko:
while the nation they are governing is world's poverty capital, people dying of hunger,food insecurity, national insecurity, educational collapse.every institution is deteriorating and collapsing everyday and you say what is 100 million.were you born without a conscience? undecided

Face reality.
How much is the monthly take home of a senator?
How much is the monthly take home of a minister?
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by seunayantokun(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2022
Political rogues just want everybody to be mumu under them even when they're destroying every strand of our economy. There is an end to everything with a beginning.
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by dontrulee: 10:30am On May 03, 2022
irunoko:
it's either he's listening to liars and sychophants or he's the one lying to himself.is he deaf or blind? Can't he see poverty, malnutrition and illiteracy literally written on the poor nigerians on the streets Abi his domestic workers no dey bring newspaper come him house Abi he no get television for house? Isn't he getting feedback from the people?

It's not as easy as you say Sir.
When one gets into power and governance, one tends to loose touch of the realities of the people who voted them into power. They make promises they cannot fulfill, give the people false hope because hope is the opium of the people. If you can give a person hope, you can control that person whether the person likes it or not and that's what these politicians are banking on. I as a person don't live on hope and that's why I can never be disappointed because I have no expectations... grin grin
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by exynos(m): 10:32am On May 03, 2022
Praxis758:
And this so called minister could afford a hundred million naira for presidential primary form.

I think it’s time we should start owing the elective and appointed politicians theirs salaries and emoluments so that they too will feel the pains.

This guyman minister is promising to be a failure if elected as a president.

And what is the problem if he decides to buy the form, will it halt the strike in any way? Will he single-handedly carry money from his pocket and settle ASUU?
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by dontrulee: 10:32am On May 03, 2022
Bigfish121:
ASUU have been going on strike since time immemorial and the issues continue to longer on.The better know that they are in Nigeria and we don't want to progress.They better call off the strike and allow students to graduate in peace.

The students wey go graduate in peace no go see work. Lol .. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by PussyKing(m): 10:35am On May 03, 2022
saintnegroid:
please like what kind of business... I would love to do business

Look for a business that solves problems.

And business that people can't stay without Patronizing
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by texazzpete(m): 10:37am On May 03, 2022
adenigga:

“On the issue of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System, I am also paid via the IPPIS, it is owned by the government, there is no way you can tell the government to throw away its platform and pay you with another platform.”

This is what happens when you give jobs to people who aren't bright.

The issues of IPPIS/payroll system has been on between Govt and ASUU for years now. The universities came up with their own home-grown solution as agreeed by both parties, and the next phase was for the Govt to take it, vet it and then roll it out for universities if everything was OK.

Why then is this man still babbling about IPPIS? Why is he walking back on a negotiated solution?

This Govt is insincere.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Paperbag(m): 10:38am On May 03, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
sad the bastard children dey schools abroad oo. sad.I really pity Nija students. Private uni are cashing out

80% of ASUU members and lectures all have their kids schooling abroad .

ASUU don't give a fvck about students , its only their pocket .

Imagine professors crying and begging for grants claiming its needed to further students research only for them to get it and they start buying cars and properties everywhere and going on vacation ..thats when i gave up on education in this country .

Govt is not only our problem in this country
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Fapemz: 10:39am On May 03, 2022
Realist12:
ASUU has always been selfish and inconsiderate. A body representing scholars yet their only achievements is being known only for strikes.
Imagine we had ASUU kind of leadership in NLC . The economy would have worsened to a state of emergency . Yes that's what they are doing to education, worsening it .

Oga the govt is using your head. No ASUU member has received any salary since the beginning of this strike. You can trust me on this, govt had an agreement and they have refused to fulfill it over and over again. I just learnt the truth myself via some of the Twitter spaces i attended just recently. Govt resort to use cheap blackmail and hunger to force the hand of ASUU. Pls do your independent research on this too. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Fapemz: 10:39am On May 03, 2022
Kyase:
Aswear.
When they are ready for their salaries, they will resume

ASUU will be feeling like another tier of government

Rubbish people

Oga the govt is using your head. No ASUU member has received any salary since the beginning of this strike. You can trust me on this, govt had an agreement and they have refused to fulfill it over and over again. I just learnt the truth myself via some of the Twitter spaces i attended just recently. Govt resort to use cheap blackmail and hunger to force the hand of ASUU. Pls do your independent research on this too. Cheers!
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Fapemz: 10:40am On May 03, 2022
Mario1989:
So if the government ignore ASUU fight, na so they go later, shamelessly call off and waste students time for nothing...
This ASUU/FG sef, I am not understanding anymore...

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Paperbag(m): 10:41am On May 03, 2022
exynos:

And what is the problem if he decides to buy the form, will it halt the strike in any way? Will he single-handedly carry money from his pocket and settle ASUU?

Cause many person dont know how evil minded this ASUU people are ..

The minister and govt have tried so much but ASUU be having like kidnappers asking for ransom money .

And that money have zero impact on the students
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Fapemz: 10:43am On May 03, 2022
West2019:
No work no payment. .if you seat down at home you keep on receiving salary's the country is going nowhere..

Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Fapemz: 10:44am On May 03, 2022
Kyase:

No government has ever been so tough on ASUU, since creation, they need systematic resetting

You are weak and fighting the wrong battle. Oga the govt is using your head. No ASUU member has received any salary since the beginning of this strike. You can trust me on this, govt had an agreement and they have refused to fulfill it over and over again. I just learnt the truth myself via some of the Twitter spaces i attended just recently. Govt resort to use cheap blackmail and hunger to force the hand of ASUU. Pls do your independent research on this too. Cheers!
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by Fapemz: 10:46am On May 03, 2022
blackpanda:

ASUU has been telling this story since 1999. Every single administration they must strike. It has almost turned to extortion. Well they made a mistake because buhari isn't contesting. By the time FGN cuts off salaries they drama will end

You are ill-informed. There is no development coming from anywhere if we don't develop our educational system. Oga the govt is using your head. No ASUU member has received any salary since the beginning of this strike. You can trust me on this, govt had an agreement and they have refused to fulfill it over and over again. I just learnt the truth myself via some of the Twitter spaces i attended just recently. Govt resort to use cheap blackmail and hunger to force the hand of ASUU. Pls do your independent research on this too. Cheers!
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by amaham(m): 10:48am On May 03, 2022
Funny Nigerians. Aspirants paying100million ticket costs is using the medium to indirectly fund the next election for APC because inec monitors direct election funding . So the minister was just investing his stake on the proposed next administration.
ASUU should be ready to stay longer at home because this administration isn't even listening
Re: Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister by saintnegroid(m): 10:48am On May 03, 2022
PussyKing:

Look for a business that solves problems.

And business that people can't stay without Patronizing
good one... Thanks... But can you give examples except for food stuffs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Teach Little Children Coding? / JAMB PRINT OUT: Drop Your Email To Get Yours / WAEC Dragged To Federal High Court Abuja Over Examination Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.